Slytherin
17 YEARS
400 posts
Neutral
Looks still cute but lips are sore

Rep: 5 pts [ + | - ]
Florentin DeschampsSlytherin Novice
Awards: 22

As much as Florentin Deschamps liked to pretend that he was unbothered by 99,9 % of the happenings around him, he also enjoyed being always on top of the latest gossip, soaking in every rumour and every whisper like a sponge if only to make sure no one was talking badly about him behind his back. So it came that he had heard the rumours of the Elkins boy having transferred, and it woke memories of two blonde children walking through the corridors and hallways of Beauxbatons, bathing in the light of a sun that had always looked so much brighter than the one that was currently shining down on the lawns of Hogwarts. Why would anyone in their right mind deliberately transfer to Hogwarts; why leaving paradise unless chased away violently? Florentin did not understand it, and it seemed like everyone he had spoken to was here because of one punishment or another - apart from Honoré and him, who had been forced to come here by greed, not as a punishment. Boys like them did not step out of line to receive punishments.

What did connect him to Andre Elkins? Not a lot, as they had never been friends - and all the older boy had ever done was teasing the blonde, making harsh remarks in a sweet voice, about questionable blood status and meddling with muggles. Florentin was judgemental like this - he had not been raised to be nice, he had merely been raised to pack profanities into nicer words, always talking in such a sweet voice with little care for the rest of the world and the damage he was causing as he walked. The only reason to come and find Andre was to continue the teasing - and to find out why the boy had transferred all of the sudden, and where his sister was. Flo remembered her as a rather beautiful girl - but he also did not care about girls, and everyone who was called pretty only served as opponent, but never as a friend to the tall snake.

Like a shadow, he left his dorm, rubbing his temples as a headache caused by the strange, Scottish weather was troubling him today. The common room was as quiet and dimly lit as always, eerie green light emerging from the window towards the lake. It was the kind of sickly light that made everyone look awful - even Florentin himself, who prided himself with a flawless appearance. Slender fingers ran through his smooth, honey-coloured hair as he walked, spotting that shock of blonde hair that unfortunately did not belong to the young man he wished to see, but indeed to Andre Elkins. The blonde was ruined, strands of blue that had not been there before running through it - and while blue might be Florentin’s favourite colour, he did not think that it belonged into hair at all. With a soft sigh, he approached, as he might as well start his gentle prying now that Andre was here - the prey singled out from the group, ready to be devoured whole.

Elegantly, Flo seated himself on the couch nearby, purring a gentle “Bonsoir” in the other boy’s direction, as afternoon was about to fade into evening already, the sky outside darkening - if they could only see the sky from the dungeons instead of moist walls and the lake with all its ugly inhabitants. “Did your parents finally decide that a castle full of other mudbloods is the right place for you, or how comes I have to see your face here, too? Not to mention your hair - what did you do? Making yourself deliberately ugly to match the place you are living in now?” As sharp as the words were, dipped in his French accent, as sweet was his voice - saccharine sweet and deadly as he smiled in Andre’s direction.

@Andre Elkins
(clothes)

--------------------
PM
^
Andre Elkins
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 06:41 PM
Kenz
5th YEAR
Unknown
Slytherin
15 YEARS
26 posts
Hate me or love me

Rep: 0 pts [ + | - ]
Andre ElkinsSlytherin
Awards: None

This place was simply horrendous, compared to the fine palace of Beauxbatons. His gaze shifted. What kind of people sentence the lot of them to the dungeons, anyhow? The only windows in here seemed fake to Andre and it made the newest member of the house long for sunshine and fresh air like the kind that came when one was flying, the wind in his face and hair, the warmth of the yellow orb in the sky on his skin. Anais better come soon with his broom in hand, before Andre fully lost it. Why anyone would want to be here; he wasn't sure. It almost made him glad that Quincy had betrayed him and the twins had been sent away to the magnificent palace in France.

Yet, due to an unfortunate turn of events, the twins - or Andre, anyways, had found themselves being shipped off to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Their parents claimed that it would be for their own good, that being closer to home would help keep them out of trouble. Yada Yada Yada. Andre had kind of blanked out at that part - not because he didn't not want to listen to his parents, he actually loved them dearly, but at the same time, he felt that they weren't quite saying the whole truth. Sure, Hogwarts was closer to the Elkins' family home, but at the same time, it wouldn't be that that stopped the twins from getting into trouble. No, the thing was, the snake knew, was that their older brother was within the castle of Hogwarts. Golden boy was here and would be able to keep an eye on the two troublemakers if they were here rather than at Beauxbatons.

Andre shifted on the couch, his train of thought broken by the older boy that had joined him on the couch. His brow furrowed at the boy, the French accent and the words drawing him to conclude that he had known the other boy before. Within a few moments, he remembered, his mind flashing to memories of when he was younger, the teasing that had come from Flo. That was his name. What kind of a nickname was that, anyhow. Sounded like a flower, if you asked Andre. A flower so dainty and nice. Blech. He shook his head, a scowl forming on his lips. Was there anything good of coming to this wretched place? "Clearly your parents figured it out earlier than mine, since you were here first, Flo. His fingers curled around his wand - after all, he was not one that was going to loose in a quick wand draw, if it came to that. His soft French accent made the other boy's name seem like an awful sort of nickname and the boy watched him, smirking a little. "Also, you're just jealous of how good it looks. Good to see you noticed, thanks."
@Florentin Deschamps
PM
^
Florentin Deschamps
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 05:55 AM
Tine
7th YEAR
Pureblood
Slytherin
17 YEARS
400 posts
Neutral

It often seemed like Hogwarts ran out of space and decided to place students on the same level as the house elves - eventually, it was even part of their strange we are all equals here attitude that Florentin would most likely never understand. If they treated their house elves like they were treating their students, they had obviously not understood a single thing of how the system of the wizarding society worked. The thought alone was giving him even more of a headache than the weather did, and in a way it was good that Andre Elkins was the only person around. He could feel the shiver in his body, the first symptoms of one of those notorious fainting spells that might or might not be tied to not eating well enough tugging on his mind. Usually, he had himself under control for long enough, only letting go off his tight grip on his own body when he was alone.

Everyone had secrets, and some just needed to be guarded better than others. Right now, the secrets Florentin wished to expose right now. Why was Elkins here? It would be too easy to just ask about it instead of prying carefully, and Flo reached out, brushing golden strands of hair out of his face carefully before he offered another fake smile to the boy. The comment stung, but he was not going to admit that to Andre - not now, not while they were absolutely no friendly ties between these two Frenchmen. “You shouldn’t waste words from your pretty mouth about things you know nothing of, Andre,” he hummed at the other boy, looking at the tips of his hair instead of Andre’s face. He had no right to speak about Florentin’s transfer or make assumptions - this was the kind of gossip that was elusive for others, not someone of such questionable blood status.

“You also shouldn’t call people by nicknames unless they gave you permission to do so - and I cannot remember having done this, chéri.” It was true, there was almost no one who called Florentin Flo unless they were family or close friends. Andre was neither his friend nor his family - he was just a boy who was somewhere far, far beneath Florentin on the social ladder, and his change of hair only made it all too obvious. The tall snake himself would never allow a dyeing charm or actual hair dye to touch his hair - it simply took too much care to waste its quality for temporary fun. “Rest assured that it does not look good at all - its ugliness was just so obvious I couldn’t not comment on it.” Florentin reached out and brushed the strands out of his face again, lazily and yet with such well-planned gestures.

Gazing back at the younger boy, he frowned a little - lines on a pale, flawless face that were quickly smoothed down again - before he raised his voice once more, continuing the careful taunting he had started several years ago. “Now tell me, what brings you here? I would say it is a pleasure to see you around but I am not supposed to lie.” Another smile was flashed at the other snake, a smile that was so fake it did not reach his eyes at all.

@Andre Elkins

--------------------
PM
^
Andre Elkins
 Posted: Mar 16 2017, 03:35 PM
Kenz
5th YEAR
Unknown
Slytherin
15 YEARS
26 posts
Hate me or love me

Rep: 0 pts [ + | - ]
Andre ElkinsSlytherin
Awards: None

There had not been a huge, scandalous event that had required the transfer of the Elkins' twins. Andre had not been expelled, but it seemed that his adoptive parents had wanted to pull the two from the palace of Beauxbatons before that had actually occurred. There had been no sudden yanking overnight when he had gotten detention for the billionth time, instead a letter had come from Samuel and Johanna explaining that on such and such date, the two would be coming home and then a few days later, would be going off to Hogwarts. Of course, Anais had convinced their mother to let her stay home extra and his sister had even been allowed to indulge in a shopping spree. But because between the two of them, Andre had been sent off to Hogwarts, his older brother even waiting for him at the entrance to make sure that he hadn't run off or something of the like.

Staring down the older boy that was now occupying space with him, the new Slytherin's mind went to other times when they had met - they had never gotten along. There was only cunning words and taunts between the two boys that had been sentenced away from the sun. There was a reason that Florentin had was also stuck here and judging by his words, he wasn't about to reveal the reason to Andre. Not that the boy had exactly expected him to anyways. The snake twirled the wand lazily in his fingers and watched him, his brow furrowing slightly when he spoke again, his accent drawling out in his words, "Denial is the first step of course, Florentin." The use of the older boy's full name was not lost - or he hoped. "Am I not allowed to use your nickname because it paints you to be more of a flower than the menacing older figure you'd rather be?"

It was clear that the other boy was of the curious sort of type and had no problem voicing his questions. Andre shifted to see the older boy better, fingers rubbing his wand in them slowly, growing bored of the conversation, although maybe he could turn it into something more interesting. Florentin was clearly interested in his life and truth be told, Andre didn't care if he knew the answers to the question, but what he did want to know was what information the other Slytherin could offer up to make things for interesting for him. "What's it to you? Clearly you must have a crush on me or something, being so interested in me. Otherwise you wouldn't ask such questions. I think there's a lie within the statement itself, Flo."
@Florentin Deschamps
PM
^
Florentin Deschamps
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 02:28 PM
Tine
7th YEAR
Pureblood
Slytherin
17 YEARS
400 posts
Neutral

If there had been a grandiose scandal, Florentin would have known from his mother. She was writing letters to her sons every week after all, peppered with the best wishes and the latest gossip. Eventually, he would not have heard about it - people of questionable blood status were not of Aceline Deschamps’ interest at all, and it was clearly something she had passed onto her children, no matter how little she had wanted them in the first place. Florentin was not even that interested in the life of Andre Elkins - he merely needed ammunition for carefully placed shots that were supposed to go straight to the heart and leave the boy at the back again. His pale gaze wandered down to the boy’s hands that were playing with his wand, wondering what he was up to - he could not be stupid enough to openly hex Flo, now could he.

The flower comment just made him smile a little, shaking his head softly and blowing a soft strand of hair out of his face again. “If I were a flower, I would still be superior to the common weeds,” he gave back, wondering what Andre wanted to achieve. Not that he cared enough to really wreck his nerves about it just now - it would only leave him with a worse headache than he already had, and if Andre did not wish to reveal the circumstances of his transfer, Florentin would hear about it sooner or later. He always did, after all. “I merely do not wish you to make it sound like we are close in any way, as the abyss between us is simply too big,” he added pleasantly, making a vague gesture with slender fingers between the two of them on the couch.

Clearly you must have a crush on me or something, being so interested in me. There was a dagger stabbed into the French boy’s spike - like a rose’s thorn he had not seen coming, a dark shadow on a mild summer’s day. You must have a crush on me. Florentin did not like the implication, the idea that somehow, his preference for boys must have shown too openly - despite an arranged engagement and the fact he was generally staying clear of any rumours. He did not develop feelings for people in general - but he was physically attracted to boys, boys so much stronger than him. The typical Quidditch posterboy was exactly his type, boys like Preben Nilsson, Sumner Bettencourt and Martín Marzán - all boys whose lips he had tasted, indulged in those kisses as if they were the dirtiest secret he was keeping.

They were not. There were worse things, such as a small head dipped under water for not long enough to drown his brother, and a finger put in his mouth after almost every meal he consumed. “I do not have a crush on you, how dare you assume such a thing? Do not reflect your own twisted preferences to other people,” he gave back - eventually with too much of hesitation, his face a blank mask bare of any emotion.

@Andre Elkins

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png War Is Brewing Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8

Welcome to WR! We are an alternate universe HP roleplay set in the present day Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The current term is Spring 2017! Please register with a FIRST AND LAST NAME properly capitalised.