5'0"
Status
Muggleborn(?)
Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash
Awards: 42

This was a normal Sunday, most students spend this day either at the carnival that had just arrived at Hogwarts or a day to hang out with friends in Hogsmeade. Two of which Aki did not plan for the day. It was a sunny spring out and as Aki saw it, going outside in the wonderful weather under the sun's rays was a death wish for her. She had been living with an incurable skin condition that disables her from coming outside wearing clothing that she found pretty. However the small Hufflepuff girl had come to terms with her predicament. Especially today... Because today was the day that she had the courage to make her decorated heart shaped cookies for a certain boy who she liked. It was the springtime of youth for Aki.

She only saw a few house elves cleaning up as she had walked into the kitchen. Most of the equipment in the kitchens were enchanted but she made sure to always use those that weren't. It would be more meaningful for her that way. Labor of love. She had been in the kitchens quite a few times during her five years studying in the castle. It was enough for the elves to allow her to use it whenever as long as the kitchen was free. She settled on a small workstation that was enough for her to allow movement and ease of access to the ingredients and items she needed. Taking out her wand and using repeated Accio charms to summon ingredients and the items she required for the baked goods that were out of her reach. She was ready and determined. She had a smile on her face that was painted by hope and love. She was ready for hours in the kitchen.

Baking rolled cookies was easy, the decorating was the hard part. Taking her aunt's recipe for making rolled cookies and the perfect proportion of royal icing she began to create the dough, cut them into hearts using her preferred cookie cutters and bake them until they are done and the perfect creamy tan shade. She'd found the Kitchen peaceful as it was fairly empty with the exception of a few elves who usually would watch her work. By this time she was so absorbed in decorating her cookies that she had been singing a song she had heard a dear friend sing a few days earlier. What was it again? Oh. Love Moves in Mysterious Ways. That was it. It was mellow and moving. It had stuck in the girl's head and heart as she worked.

~~~
@Kiska Ferdenova
Aki's cookies
Aki's clothing
The Song

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

Playing duck duck user posted image since March 3, 2017

Workshop - Tracker - Wand
PMEmail
^
Kiska Ferdenova
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 07:39 PM
"you won't let yourself let loose"
Coco
she/her/the Coco
8061 Posts
Rep: 11 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Gryffindor Novice
Height
5'4"
Status
In a Relationship
Year
Seventh
House
Gryffindor
clash
No Affiliation
Awards: 29

Sundays were both a great day and a not-so-great day. They were great because they were generally lazier than any of the other days of the week, but not so great because then Monday immediately followed. And that meant another week of classes and responsibilities and general chaos that was a day at Hogwarts. Kiska usually spent her free time on Sunday reading, tucked away in a corner somewhere in the castle where it was peaceful. Quiet. A break away from reality while she lost herself in another world and another time, in some cases. Other times, she would spend it out of doors in the presence of an animal of some kind – whether it was just sitting about in the stables and offering an occasional nuzzle to a needy horse, or roaming the outskirts of the Forest where the castle was still in sight, observing some magical creature. She wasn’t so keen on venturing too much farther in after that run-in with the Acromantula, you see. And yet on those other much-needed afternoons, the lioness would take a trip on down to the kitchens to create… something.

Today was one of the lattermost days. Kiska wanted to bake something, create something delicious out of a bunch of innocuous ingredients. It had been a little while since there had been time to experiment and she had an idea for a cupcake that included chocolate and mint. Then the frosting could be a pastel blue-green with a hint of mint in it as well, and perhaps some chocolate chips dabbling the top… The overall thought that came together in the girl’s mind put a bounce in her step; it would be a cupcake fitting for the season, and Kiss was pretty sure it was going to taste fabulous.

Tickling the pear, the lioness paused when she saw that the kitchen was already currently occupied. Most of her baking days were spent in the later hours of the afternoon or evening, where it could be almost guaranteed that the space would be empty, even from the elves. Never before had the Gryffindor come across another student taking charge of the bowls and spoons in the same way that she did. Not only that, but the girl she had stumbled across was humming some tune that Kiss couldn’t place; she was fairly certain she had never actually heard it before. Hesitating a moment at the threshold, she decided to come fully into the room, slipping her bag off and settling it way out of the way on the counter. The cookies were cooked perfectly, that elusive light shade of brown that could be gone in just mere seconds if left in the oven too long. The girl looked well into the decorating stage now and oh, how intricately done her cookies looked.

“Those look wonderfully done,” the lioness commented by way of an introduction, trying to keep back enough so as not to crowd her working space. It was different, observing someone doing the baking instead of being the one to do it, but it was interesting to see how another person worked. “And sorry, I can slip away if you’d like. I was going to do some baking, too, but then saw you and the cookies…”
_ _ _
@Aki Sei
baking in sweet spring

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 09:54 AM
""Where am I needed?" - Soraka"
Akkey
They/Them
298 Posts
Rep: 19 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff Prefect
Height
5'0"
Status
Muggleborn(?)
Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash

The timid badger was startled a bit and had almost dropped the cookie she was working on. Her singing may have camouflaged the older lioness' steps as she went in. And hearing what she had said was enough to make the girl conjure a sheer pink blush to her pale complexion. It was the first time she had encountered anyone on a Sunday such as this when she worked on her creations.

"T-thank you..." she answered the female's compliment and continued her sentence with an apology, "It's alright I don't really mind, I'm sorry, I'll be out soon or maybe I can move to a different workstation. I don't really need this much space so I can leave you to your work too." She was modest, her station only consisted of a neat workstation where the icings she had were sorted by color on the right side of the table. The cookies that were freshly baked and waiting to be decorated were cooling down at her left side. While the decorated ones were at a separate rack to dry. All the items she had used before that needed to be cleaned were already washed and put away while she was waiting for the cookies in the oven. She had learned a lot from her aunt Hanami about being clean in whatever she did. Chores were done alongside her aunt and she enjoyed them when she was at home. Being unable to step outside on sunny days had its perks and to Aki the perks were to be able to spend time with her aunts and learn new things from them.

"T-they're not really that much. It's easy once you get enough practice." she smiled as she looked at the cookies she had finished. One of them having E.M. and a small heart decorated in a dainty cursive writing. She smiled as an image of the recipient of the cookies passed in her mind. "And it gets easier if you make them for someone who means a lot to you."

She looked up at the older female and introduced herself, "Oh, um, I'm Aki Sei. I'm a Fifth Year Hufflepuff. It's very nice to meet you." she paused and she looked down at her left hand that was carrying a base flooded and half decorated cookie and her right hand that carried the piping bag that contained the royal icing that she was using. "I would really love to shake your hand but they're very sugary."

~~~
@Kiska Ferdenova

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Kiska Ferdenova
 Posted: Apr 14 2017, 06:53 PM
"you won't let yourself let loose"
Coco
she/her/the Coco
8061 Posts
Rep: 11 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Gryffindor Novice
Height
5'4"
Status
In a Relationship
Year
Seventh
House
Gryffindor
clash
No Affiliation
Awards: 29

Kiss bit back a soft laugh at the very evident surprise that she had inflicted upon the other girl; it was admittedly quite easy to lose yourself when you were fully immersed in doing something. Especially when intricate detail was involved. Really, the designs and detail that were on the cookies were beautiful, making the Gryffindor want to think a little harder on her own efforts when she made her desserts. They were never anything fancy – just bright frostings with varying sprinkle designs. Could she delve a bit deeper and use varying types of icing, as the person before her was? It would take more time, but also meant more time away from varying responsibilities… Her brow arched as her thoughts meandered, pondering just what it was that she would next make and how much effort she would put into their appearance. Folding her arms, the girl rest her hip against the counter, blinking to bring herself back around to the present and to the fact that the person she had stumbled in on was actually speaking to her.

The lioness’ smile renewed as the girl uttered an apology and Kiss waved a dismissive hand. “Oh, no, you are perfectly fine where you’re at. No need to pack up. I’m not even sure what I’m going to make, now. My treats would have decoration envy when next to yours, for certain. I’m pretty sure I take up every inch of the kitchen when I do things, besides. How do you keep it so tidy?” Her brow furrowed a bit and her gaze wandered around the room. It was true, too – just about every square inch of the counters would be covered in something when she was busy making her masterpieces. Tidy wasn’t always a good way to describe the Gryffindor on a general day to day business, much less so when she was in the kitchen.

As the girl rattled on a bit, blue eyes came back to rest on the cookies before the two of them. “Are you making them for someone special, then? Who is E.M?” The second question was out before Kiska could stop it, too late to be contained. She paused, taking in a breath then, a half smile on her face. A moment of realization had hit in that she was bombarding this girl – who now introduced herself as Aki – with a bunch of questions. Having been very startled to be happened upon by another person, the lioness suspected the Hufflepuff wouldn’t quite know what to do with the rapid-fire whirlwind that had just entered the room. “And sorry, I don’t always think before I speak. I’m Kiska Ferdenova, seventh year Gryffindor. You don’t have to tell me about the mysterious recipient if you don’t want to, I just got a little curious.”
_ _ _
@Aki Sei

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Apr 23 2017, 04:10 AM
""Where am I needed?" - Soraka"
Akkey
They/Them
298 Posts
Rep: 19 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff Prefect
Height
5'0"
Status
Muggleborn(?)
Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash

The lioness' question rang in the badger's ears. It was easy to keep a workspace tidy and to her the only time when cleaning was rough was when all the messes were accumulated to the point that one wouldn't know where to start. Just as much as a small hole would only grow larger overtime when it wasn't mended earlier. One coould compare that to life. It was like a small problem that needed to be attended to, the bigger it gets when left alone for too long. She wanted to answer the older student's querry but if she started to do so it would take her quite a while of talking in order to explain the details. Aki's aunts were very clear in everything they say or do as their professions needed them to be so. A teacher who guides her students, a pastry chef that had recepies to follow and implement, and a precise doctor who had to be clear as crystal in giving orders and prescriptions. The small badger inherited these traits to conostant exposure and they weren't bad traits at all. One would think she was suited as a Gryffindor with her leadership but alas she was timid and soft spoken. Not to mention she was also wary of adventure. Thus Hufflepuff was definitely the best house for her.

After a moment of processing the question that the pretty lady in fron of her asked she came up with the briefest explanation she could conjure. "Being tidy isn't really something hard... some people see it as daunting but it's just a matter of making sure that everything is where it should be and never piling up messes and clean them as they arise." The small girl hoped that the lioness would understand the compact version of what she would have originally thought as an explanation.

At the next question though, Aki was confronted with something even harder to talk about. E.M. The shy little badger turned a deeper shade of pink as she stuttered. "O-oh, i-it's... y-yes, someone s-special." Aki would have stopped at that but she almost silentlly squeeked out, "My f-friend, Em-emil." Yes. Emil Madeline. The person whom this gentle little badger wouldn' have guessed would soon break Her heart immediately after the cheers oof victory from the first quidditch match of the year. Never did she think in her heart that the love she had wouldn't be reciprocated and would soon tear her up inside for god knew how long.

"He's been a wonderful friend." If only Aki knew that this was the only thing that Emil was to her. A friend... and deeply, a sister... never something more.

~~~
@Kiska Ferdenova

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png Avalon a Panfandom RP Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8
The Beginning A Change of Heart Storybrooke War Is Brewing Forum Roleplay Site