izarding
izarding
Realm
Realm
It's summertime in Scotland; the weather has begun to clear, and the flowers are in full bloom! Now is a time for bonfires, stargazing and long nights spent with friends and family! Welcome to Wizarding Realm- an AU Harry Potter role play set in current day hogwarts!
WR
Forum Rules ATTN:

If you are interested in participating in the Ranking System, please follow THIS format for your workshop profile.

Add Reply
New Poll

* Mason Iversen -- Unranked
Mah · 18 · 7TH · · HALF-BLOOD · 6'1
Ravenclaw
Awards:
Awards: None
Jul 9 2018, 07:15 PM   Link Quote
Rank Applying For: Beginner
Link to character workshop topic: Here!
At least two of your recent role play topics:

When we fight to outrun our past [It meets us with a bang] with JR Zerner
A major part of my character history and why he's arrived at Hogwarts in the first place is JR, his half-brother. Here we see them reconnecting for the first time since the accident on their mother's house, even though JR believes he's dead and Mason has no idea about what happened to him once their mother was gone. It's interesting to see how he's nervous about talking to him even though Mason is a person who usually won't refrain from doing something just for anxiety, and how he isn't used to the amount and intensity of feelings he experiences near his half-brother - from fear and preoccupation to happiness and relief.

Step out of our cages with Kiska Ferdenova
A little less pleasant encounter, however just as meaningful. This is Mason's first interaction with somebody possibly close to JR, meaning: a person who's seen him grow and - he rationalized - is probably a friend of his half-brother, which means Mason is trying his best not to scare Kiska while, at the same time, keep hiding his relation to the Head Boy. It's really fun how he was all moody and annoyed at the beginning but now he's so conflicted!

Commentary: I was really surprised with this system here because something I keep looking for in English rps is constructive criticism. English is not my mother language and I've been writing in Portuguese for almost ten years now, which means I am way too used to my first idiom. I guess it's expected of me to keep getting some of the little things wrong (and no, I'll probably never be good at using in/on/at in the right moments lmao), but I really want to get better in everything else - from grammar to content, to everything that writing involves. My focus is mainly character-building which means I focus less on action and more on how a history, for example, might impact their personality. I'm looking forward to some advice, tips, anything really regarding my portrayal of Mason. really I'm just v excited for this. and pls don't hold from writing the painful stuff

Stells Artois · 16 · 6th · Viridian Guild · Pureblood · 5'11
Administrator
Awards:
Awards: 158

Jul 9 2018, 07:21 PM   Link Quote

Application Accepted!

Thank you for participating in the Ranking System! Your application has been added to the review queue. You can expect your reviews sometime within the next two weeks.

--------------------
god - captain / chaser
Gryffinpuff
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
These cute pixel and avatars were made by the most wonderful Evan ♡
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

ADMIN MOD