HEIGHT:
6'1"
Halfblood
Rep: 0 pts [ + | - ]

Atticus Mac Dara
© Shade //
Awards: None

One hour.

That was all her blasted note had said before she’d signed it with a smiley face. What sort of woman did that? The sort that would climb a lad like a tree to claw at his smirk off. He’d seen it before, Blyssenor Wright had that sort of...reputation given her temper. And he, like the brilliant scholar that he was, poked the sleeping dragon. Casually counting how many pokes it would take to get to hit that infamous button that would have her erupting fire - which, mind you, were the three of the notes in a series of six he’d sent. Three strikes and he was out? Or rather, running for his life?

The Ravenclaw knew it would be foolish to stay holed up in the Ravenclaw Common Room. Wright was a clever witch, solving a riddle at the door would be child’s play. There was also no way to avoid her forever given the fact they were still at school. Atticus had no delusions about winning this little game, he had Gryffindor tenacity working against him. The best he could do would be to outrun - outlast. But he was no athlete, constantly moving for the hour would be another fool’s errand given her higher stamina.

He needed someplace to hide. Just for an hour. Someplace difficult to traverse. Someplace where, if she came looking, he would have the advantage. Someplace that would give him what he needed to hide. A smirk curled his lips. Now that was an idea. Given the time of night, she was likely hidden in the Gryffindor Tower or tucked away in places that the nightly patrols wouldn’t be able to grant detention to easily. If he was lucky, he could make it to the Room of Requirement.

Ducking his way through the hidden passages, he crept cautiously down from the Ravenclaw Tower. His breath stilled every time his ears caught a sound. By some miracle, he managed to make it to the Room without encountering a soul, save for someone’s tabby cat, and crossed the hidden entryway three times.

Please, he prayed in desperation. I need somewhere to hide. Just for an hour. I know she’ll find me...I just...I need Someplace that can slow her down long enough to outlast the hour.

Excitement bubbled through him as he watched a door materialize. “Fantastic,” he murmured breathlessly before he slunk through the door and into a room that he’d ventured many times before. But never had he seen it like this. The massive room divided by mirrors. Dozens of his reflections smirking at him as he neared. A hall of mirrors. A miniature maze. “Goddess…” he chuckled, glancing up as a small creak of a chain reached his ears. Low hanging candles casting dim light over a small hourglass that hung above the center. The crimson sand turning azure as it dripped into the bottom half. Maybe he could last that hour after all, he decided before diving headfist into the miniature maze.

It took longer, and a few more bumps against mirrors, than he cared to admit before he managed to figure out the best way to maneuver around the pathways. It was a way to pass the time as the sands fell. And, just when the bottom half of the hourglass was three-quarters of the way full, he heard the sound of the door opening.

PMEmail
^
Blyssenor Wright
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 06:06 PM

"CATCH ME I'M FALLING"

YEAR:
7TH
HOUSE:
GRYFFINDOR
CLASH:
CUPCAKE
HEIGHT:
5'0
SINGLE
Rep: 34 pts [ + | - ]

Blyssenor Wright
© ALICE // SHE/HER
Awards: 9

Blyssenor wasn't nearly as mad as she had likely come off in her notes to Atticus, but she was just irritated enough to prove a point. When it came to threats, hers were never empty. If she said she was going to kick someone's ass, it was going to happen, and they could count on it. Nobody would take her seriously otherwise. She was short and at first glance, to people who didn't know her, she probably looked like a bit of a push over. Such an assumption would be wiped away the moment she opened her mouth, but that was neither here nor there.

That said, though her fuse was about 2 centimeters long, she was actually capable of rational thought. Occasionally. She was able to joke around and banter and poke fun without actually getting legitimately mad. Which was great considering it lead to encounters like this. The witch meandered casually down the corridor, tapping her chin with a slender finger as she pondered the possible places that Atticus could be. She knew better than to go and try her luck with the Ravenclaw tower, as that was what they'd talked about. He likely left there right away.

"Hmmm..." She'd wanted to logic it out, but the castle was enormous. She wasn't about to go sniffing around for the herbalist like a dog, either. Magic would be the solution this time. The lioness tugged the teabag he'd sent out of her pocket and retrieved her wand as well, glancing about to make sure she was alone. This particular charm was one that she'd learned from an older spellbook, after many days of research. Most of the spells she'd found no longer worked well for some reason, but this one... well... it should do the trick.

Blysse murmurred the incantation quietly and tapped the teabag, willing the magic to work. For several long seconds nothing happened and then a glimmering, golden thread appeared before her. As if it were a trail leading her to her prize. Yarn to help her through the many winding halls and corridors of Hogwarts. A devious smirk curled the young woman's lips and she held her wand aloft in front of her, following the trail it emitted. This was freakin' awesome. All you needed was something the target had had more than a moment's contact with in the last 24 hours.

Soon enough, the Gryffindor found herself on the fifth floor and the end of her golden thread disappeared into a blank wall. Interesting. A quick glance around was all it took for her to recognize the area. A lot of things had happened in the Room of Requirement. Most notably, this place reminded her of Vorian. A soft sight parted her lips and she shook her head, beginning to start the pacing needed to open the room. No need to think about him anymore. He was off doing whatever it was he was doing. Nevermind the pain that she'd experienced here or the heartbreak. Those memories were ghosts, not painted on the walls. She could ignore them.

More than anything, she wanted to find Atticus. Thankfully, that need was communicated in magic and a door appeared. The young woman wiped what was probably a doom and gloom expression off her face and hurried over to it, crossing the threshold within a second or two. What she saw caught her off guard and she blinked in surprise as she peered at several other Blyssenors blinking right back at her.

"So you set a trap for me?" She called out with amusement, crossing her arms over her chest as she strode further into the room. The door shutting behind her. "Clever, but it's not going to work." The vampire surveyed the amount of mirrors and tilted her head, briefly catching the eagle's scent in the stagnant air. She'd find him, it was just a matter of when. Though she was wholly tempted to shatter all of the mirrors. In fact, that was probably her go-to plan. The room would probably clean it up. Probably.

"See, this is insulting. I would have thought you wanted to see me."

@Atticus Mac Dara

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Atticus Mac Dara
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 03:15 PM

"Wrap your roots all around my bones"

YEAR:
7th
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
nuetral
HEIGHT:
6'1"
Halfblood

Atticus Mac Dara
© Shade //

The minutes ticked down as Atticus wandered the mirrored corridors. Every glance upwards confirmed that more time had passed. The blue sand in the bottom of the hourglass far larger in quantity than the red sand above. Yet, he knew the door had opened, heard the first few steps of a hurried soul slow - then stop. For a second his heart jumped to his throat, throbbing and threatening to choke him every time he swallowed. With stubbornness his Nan would be proud of, Atticus willed his heart back into his chest where it rapidly thrummed against his ribs. Some of the anxiety about this game wiped away at the sound of amusement in the words that floated through the mostly empty room to his ears.

“I wouldn’t call it a trap per say,” he called back unable to stop the way his lips curled into a clever grin. “A trap does insinuate that there is no way out once you’re inside and, believe me when I say, it does have an exit.” Which he was currently trying to find. “Where or not it works is up to you.” She was, after all, the one that had threatened to come and hunt him down. Atticus was as pacifistic as they came and would much rather turn and meander away from confrontation than confront it head on. He was no Gryffindor. But whether or not the redhead would believe him was something he couldn’t gauge as he didn’t know her well enough beyond the reputation she shouldered.

What he did know about Blyssenor Wright was she was determined, clever, and as headstrong as they came. She was a bright witch that much he knew - and it seemed that he’d crossed a line in his letters and taunted the lioness until she reached her boiling point with little effort on his end. Taunting her about her height obviously was the switch that made the young woman jump from calm to explosive. Here’s hoping that she wouldn’t be too rough on him once she found him.

As carefully and a quickly as he could, Atticus made his way through a corridor. The lack of his school robes in favor of the oversized sweater and jeans quieting his movements as much as possible. Though, with her vampiric senses there was a good chance she’d still here. Still, Atticus figured, it never hurt to be mindful and attempt to have some sort of stealth working in his favor. Yet, he words pulled a stream of honey sweet laughter from his lips. “Insulting?” he called back from the depths of the mirrors as he tucked his wand behind his ear and began to roll up the heavy sleeves of his sweater. “I asked for a room filled with mirrors - despite the threat of bodily harm - so I’d be able to see you multiple times, wouldn’t you take that as complementary?”

It was probably a hinderance to him, truth be told. He had no control over the layout of the maze and there was no way he could shift the corridors and paths at will. He’d likely given himself a more trouble than it was worth. Yet still, it was far more enjoyable to try and find a way out of getting himself cornered and climbed like a tree just so the offended party could reach his head to deliver the aforementioned smack that she’d threatened. Maybe he could find the exit and slink back to the common room before the room shifted back to its normal state —- or an angry vampire managed to find him.

@Blyssenor Wright
PMEmail
^
Blyssenor Wright
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 04:19 PM

"CATCH ME I'M FALLING"

YEAR:
7TH
HOUSE:
GRYFFINDOR
CLASH:
CUPCAKE
HEIGHT:
5'0
SINGLE

Blyssenor Wright
© ALICE // SHE/HER

"Does it?" Blyssenor surveyed the mirror maze with more scrutiny this time, but all she could see was herself reflected in their surfaces. Atticus was on the move, too, quietly making his way through the corridors. She could follow him but she wasn't certain that she could get to him before he found this exit, whatever or wherever it was. The young woman sighed softly and stood there, puzzling through her options, a slender hand raking through red tresses to smooth them out of her face. If she could eliminate the mirrors altogether, that meant that she'd be able to see where he was right away. Getting to him from that point would be easy as pie.

Despite herself, the red-head blushed at his explanation, and hoped that he couldn't see as much in the mirrors on his end. She hadn't even thought of that and even if it wasn't true, that was a clever enough spin on what the room had given him. "You've got a point," She called out to him simply, hoping to it came off as cavalier as she wanted. She was supposed to be mad at him, after all. He'd teased her about her height and this was meant to be her retribution. Blysse would smack him upside the head and they'd be even until the next time he decided to call her bonnie wee.

"Hmmmmm." The vampire took a few more steps forward and tilted her head. Vanishing the mirrors would take more skill than she had, as she was certain she would have to work against the magic of the room. But her initial idea of breaking them was not out of the question. Logically, she should be able to break them one at a time and step through, carving out her own special shortcut. Yes! That could work! A smirk curled her lips and Blysse retrieved her wand, holding the incantation at the forefront of her mind. "Don't worry, Atticus... You'll be seeing me in person in just a few moments." The lioness raised her wand, aimed it at the mirror directly in front of her, and uttered the incantation aloud.

A loud crash erupted throughout the room, one that was far more dramatic than the young woman had expected. Bits of glass showered her in what was supposed to be a controlled explosion and she shielded her face with her arms, closing her eyes tightly. Clearly, somewhere along the line, something had gone terribly wrong. When the sound faded into silence and the occasional tinkling of shifting glass, Blysse shifted and looked around at the aftermath of her spell. Instead of shattering just the one mirror, she'd shattered all of them. Panic seized her heart and she turned her head from side to side, quickly looking for where Atticus might be.

"Hey! Atti! Holy shit. Are you alright? That's not what I meant to do!"

@Atticus Mac Dara

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Atticus Mac Dara
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 09:08 PM

YEAR:
7th
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
nuetral
HEIGHT:
6'1"
Halfblood

Atticus Mac Dara
© Shade //

“Aye, my bonnie wee lass. You aren’t doubting me now, are you?” he called playfully. At least, let’s hope to the goddess that there is actually an exist. How embarrassing would that be? Lost in his own maze. Perhaps he should have been more specific in his request for a hiding place. Maybe the room would have allowed him some sort of sway over how the maze ran. Would it allow him an hour to bend the reality of the place, to craft the twists and turns - to turn the world upon its head? Perhaps that was a query best left for another day when he wasn’t trying to be evasive.

Turning a corner, Atticus froze as he spotted twenty or so Blyssenor Wrights moving down the corridor. His heart skipped a beat, worried that he’d been spotted. However, her eyes remained trained elsewhere as if she was straining to hear something in the distance. Gods Below! She was listening for his movements. Damn her and that blasted hearing her bloodline have given her. From the way her reflection seemed to turn, it looked as if she decided to go in another direction. That certainly brought a bit of relief to his heart and Atticus made to shift his weight backwards in an attempt to back away and get as far from the Lioness as possible. But, a swift and familiar movement caused him to rethink that decision. He knew a wand, even at a glance, when he saw one.

Suddenly the room exploded.

Shattered glass flew through the air. Shards reflected the dim glow from the candles in the room, sending flashes of light dancing across his vision. For a brief moment, he’s mesmorized by the shimmers of white and gold and silver before the panic set in and he threw his arms up in front of his face. The smaller, dull shards pelted against his skin and the heaviness of his clothing uselessly. Rough edges snagged in the fabric and caused small rips and tears - ones he would mend later when he returned to his dorn. But fire erupted down his forearms. Hot and swift it burned a cry of pain out past his teeth only to have it swallowed by the cacophonous noise of shattering glass.

Then, the crescendo came to an end. Quiet settling in the Room of Requirement. Warily, Atticus raised his eyes. He was covered in finer particles of broken mirror. His clothes and hair dusted in sparkling slivers of silver as he looked around. The entirety of his maze was gone. And nothing was between him and the red haired girl except for his half crossed arms he’d yet to lower.

As he moved to drop his arms, Atticus hissed. The bare skin of his forearms were littered with small cuts that ached. Each welling with a small amount of blood. “I’m - “ He swallowed, ignoring the way his jaw and cheek burned with the same little pain. Trying not to notice the itching burn on his nose that throbbed in time with the blood in his ears. “I’m alright.” Nothing but bad papercuts he told himself as jerked down his right sleeve. They’d be healed over in a few days. He reached for his left sleeve and hissed as the fabric brushed a rather deep cut. It was jagged, cut deep across the side of arm near his wrist.

Gritting his teeth, he shoved his sleeve the rest of the way down and silently sent a prayer of thanks to the spirits that looked after him that it had just been a graze. He didn’t know what he would have done had he looked down and seen a shard of mirror lodged in his skin. “I dunno what you planned on doing but...let’s not do it again,” he called to Blysse as he pressed his hand over the spot where the largest cut was in hopes of stemming the blood that he felt beginning to warm his skin. Not yet trusting himself to walk, he jerked his head towards the girl. “Are you alright?”

@Blyssenor Wright
PMEmail
^
Blyssenor Wright
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 09:51 PM

"CATCH ME I'M FALLING"

YEAR:
7TH
HOUSE:
GRYFFINDOR
CLASH:
CUPCAKE
HEIGHT:
5'0
SINGLE

Blyssenor Wright
© ALICE // SHE/HER

Bright blue eyes, tinged with worry, turned to face the eagle as she finally spotted him. Not that it was difficult when everything else in the room had been completely destroyed. He stumbled over his assurance and it was right about then that the scent of fresh blood hit her like a punch to the gut. She physically leaned over, planting her hands on her knees, drawing in a deep breath. A mistake, as that only drowned her senses in the smell of his life force. Dammit! It had been so long since she'd felt this sort of longing, this all-consuming temptation that was impossible to ignore. But she had to try.

"I was going to break the mirror right in front of me but that failed," She muttered weakly, pushing up off her knees to stand up straight. "I'm alright... I.... managed to avoid getting cut... myself. " The vampire glanced back toward the boy and already crimson was staining the sleeve of his sweater. Her chest constricted, a grimace painting her features as she looked away. This was bad. This was incredibly, totally, completely bad. She hadn't even eaten a lot that day. Nothing beyond the snack she'd had at breakfast. That happened when she was far too preoccupied with reading then actually getting ready. Now it was biting her in the ass.

"You're bleeding, Atti," Blyssenor stated plainly, breathlessly. She was rooted to the spot, unable to approach him because she feared hurting him and unable to back away because desire coiled beneath the surface of her skin like a snake ready to pounce. Her pale cheeks flushed from the effort it took to keep from giving into the natural instincts of her predatory curse. "You should... you should get that looked at." Speaking was far more difficult than it should have been. She struggled to speak, only to realize that she was trembling. Fucking hell. She should have known.

The Room of Requirement was cursed for her. Whenever she was in it, something bad always happened. Always. She hadn't even been in the room for a full five minutes and already Atticus had ended up hurt and, in a way, at her mercy. If she'd wanted to cross the room and attack him, she could have. But she maintained her self-control, standing in the same spot that she'd been, unable to do anything. She couldn't clear the tiny glass shards from her clothes, from Atticus, from anything. It took all of her energy just to resist.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean for that to happen. I didn't mean to actually hurt you."

@Atticus Mac Dara

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Atticus Mac Dara
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 09:12 PM

YEAR:
7th
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
nuetral
HEIGHT:
6'1"
Halfblood

Atticus Mac Dara
© Shade //

Atticus exhaled. His lips trembling as his breath pushed outwards past his teeth then was drawn sharply back into his lungs. There was no point in panicking. It was just a cut. That was all. He’d had worse. Yet, the wound on his arm throbbed as if to remind him that it was indeed still there and, beneath his well meaning palm, still freely bleeding. A fact which the girl before him was all to aware of as she doubled over. Gods...He really was in trouble this time and the redheads gentle chide caused his chin to dip in a nod. He knew he had to get his arm looked at, but could he? A spitfire of a vamp stood between him and the doorway. He’d have to get close to her, bring his scent closer to her, in order to get to the door. There was the risk of having her move in tangent with him - but….Did she trust herself once she started moving? It was a question Atticus didn’t dare ask. The lass was far too prideful to admit that she was anything but competent.

“I’ma wee bit more concerned with you at the moment…” He could hear the shift in her voice. The breathless wavering that clouded her usually crystalline tone. He reached for the wand that was tucked behind his ear with his left hand; his right tightening its grip on the cut. “Just bear with me for a moment, lass.” Drawing a breath, Atticus ripped his hand from the wound and snatched the wand from his offhand. A murmured Reparo drew the dust fragments from both of their clothes. And, in an instant, the hall was filled with a handful of mirrors. They were cobbled together, great gaping holes still missing and the jagged edges looking far too much like hungry maws for his liking. He’d rushed the patch job and held back with his magic. But it was enough. At least for now.

Atticus turned and pressed his back to the mirror behind him. His arm clutched to his chest, wand still clutched awkwardly between his fingers as he sank to the floor. His eyes wide, heart racing so fast his chest began to ache. He was alone. With a vampire. His arm bleeding freely. Something tightened around his neck. A chord that he could not see - the Morrígan’s embrace. His blood stained fingers curled desperately in the air by the collar of his shirt, searching for the chord that choked him. Yet they found nothing but a tingling emptiness - and the sound of her apology.

He tilted his head, a mistake as the world lurched. “It’s - ” his voice cracked as he forced out the words. “It’s alright.” He drew in another breathe. “I’m alright.” He lied. The Ravenclaw set down his wand and ripped off his jumper, tossing it aside. He’d never been good with cleaning charms for fabrics, it would have to be burned or taken care of later. Turning his attention to the wound on his arm, Atticus bit back a hiss. He didn’t have time to make it pretty or to truly inspect it. Though at least he had enough confidence to say that there was no glass in the gash. With a sharp flick of his want, Atticus cast the first healing spell that came to mind. The skin began to knit before his eyes - puckered and misshapen. A scar that his rushed attempt at healing had caused. But...at least he wasn’t bleeding anymore. If only he’d had some dittany on hand. Then maybe he could have avoided this. A great breathe of air filling his lungs. Another time, Morrígan...Another time.

Atticus swept his hands through his hair, streaks of drying blood clinging to the dark locks, before he set his head back against the mirror. “Nah...I’m the one who should be sorry,” he called. “This wasn’t what I wanted to happen.”

@Blyssenor Wright
PMEmail
^
Blyssenor Wright
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 05:18 PM

"CATCH ME I'M FALLING"

YEAR:
7TH
HOUSE:
GRYFFINDOR
CLASH:
CUPCAKE
HEIGHT:
5'0
SINGLE

Blyssenor Wright
© ALICE // SHE/HER

It had been a while. A while since she'd felt the self-loathing that plagued her in waves and settled heavily upon small shoulders. Blyssenor had never truly accepted that she was a vampire. She had to acknowledge her cravings, her danger, and the ways that her curse made her different. But she did her best to avoid talking about it. Did her best to avoid ever having to think about that side of her more than she already did - which was a lot. Situations like this reminded her that she was not a normal human girl, with normal human problems. Hers were different, more complicated, and wrong moves could be fatal. She was ashamed, as she'd always been, and that feeling rushed through her with vigor as she stood there, attempting to force herself to think about anything other than blood.

Atticus' heartbeat didn't help. It pushed onward at a frantic pace, overwhelming her senses until her form physically swayed. "Doing my best," She mumbled at his assurances, the shame twisting and pinching violently within her chest. He was afraid of her. That was another thing... someone that she liked, that she wanted to know, was afraid. Rightly so, of course - she wouldn't trust him if he wasn't worried or afraid of her. But to sense it, to hear the subtle nuances of fear cling to his words as he attempted to calm her. That carved a deep wound, one that she was certain would linger long after they made it out of this room. Because they were going to... they had to... she wouldn't let herself lose that control that she fought so desperately to keep.

When the eagle repaired the mirrors, there was a barrier set between them. A small one, but it took him out of her sight and that helped considerably. She turned away, covering her nose and mouth with her hand, squeezing her eyes shut. The glass fragments no longer covered her clothing, but she didn't really notice so fine a detail as she settled down on the ground, her back against one of the mirrors that was a bit more formed than the others. Another barrier. More protection. She shifted so that her knees were to her chest and her arms were wrapped around them. If she wanted to get up, it would take her more time than if she were standing. A subconscious precaution.

Suddenly, it was easier to breathe. The scent of blood still lingered on the air, but the world was no longer as hazy. He had to have closed the wound... healed it? Was he capable of that sort of magic? Either way, she was grateful for the ability to inhale and exhale deeply. The stitch in her side eased and the tension behind her heart loosened. She swallowed hard and tilted her chin up, resting it atop her arms. Eyes barely fluttering open. "You're not the genius who had the brilliant idea to use a strange spell to break a mirror. What you did was clever and I, very clearly, fucked it up... but... are you..." She bit her lower lip and closed her eyes again. She felt so goddamn ashamed. "Are you sure you're alright? I can tell that you did something... I hope it's okay... god, I hate this room."

----

@Atticus Mac Dara

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Atticus Mac Dara
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 06:38 PM

YEAR:
7th
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
nuetral
HEIGHT:
6'1"
Halfblood

Atticus Mac Dara
© Shade //

He hadn’t meant for this to happen. Truly, all he’d wanted to do was have a little fun with someone that he wanted to get to know. How had things gotten so out of control? How had they come to this moment, with him curled behind a mirror hidden from sight and the room itself in shambles?

Mirrors. He wanted to laugh. How stupid had he been? Why had he decided to hide here of all places? He should have known that someone as headstrong and fiery as Blyssenor Wright wouldn’t take the path laid out before her, she would chart her own course. Which she did. By blowing apart mirror after mirror - or rather, shattering every mirror at once by the use of a spell that he’d never heard of before. “Did you know that it did that?” He asked as the steadiness returned slowly to his voice. “The spell I mean.” Wondering about the purpose of such a spell gave his mind a point to focus on rather than the blood that coated his skin and had stained his sweater.

Green eyes drifted towards the lump of tan material that he called his favorite sweater. It was sturdy, though patched at the elbows, and soft from years of wearing - by him and his grandfather. Cursing under his breathe, Atticus flicked his wand and muttered yet another incantation under his breathe. A fire jumped to life and enveloped his sweater in a brilliant flare of orange light. For a moment, it crackled as the heat licked at his skin. He knew that the lingering scent of blood would not help matters that much he recalled from his lectures concerning vampires. As he watched the fabric dissolve into ash, the flames dwindling as quickly as they had flared to life, he sighed and mentally kicked himself for not paying attention to Nan when she told him those cleaning spells.

Was that all of it? Likely not but it was a good start. Hopefully the smell wouldn’t linger too horribly. “Shoulda known better than to try and put obstacles in front of someone like you.” He’d seen the way she tackled problems - both on and off the quidditch pitch. There was a reason she played beater so well. Drawing a breath that rattled in his chest, the boy pushed himself to his feet. For a moment, he staggered. The room spinning and he braced his hand against the shattered remains of the mirror. The world slid back into focus and, as Atticus raised his head to stand tall, his gaze lingered on his wrist. And the new scar that sat so angrily on his skin. “I was asking for it.”

Tenderly, he withdrew his hand from it’s brace and flexed it, testing the mobility of his hand for any impaired movement. Everything seemed to work as it should, though the skin around his scar pulled tenderly as he rotated his hand. “Aye, still in one piece.” His hand fell to his side, fingers flexing in hesitation, before he cautiously leaned his head around the mirror and looked to see where he’d last seen the redhead standing only to find it empty. “I’ve always had a knack for healing.” Though he still heard his nan’s angry voice in the recesses of his mind yelling at him that he couldn't claim he had a knack when he’d botched the healing with his rush job.

With cautious eyes, he scanned the room in search of flaming red hair. A shade far more soothing than what he’d previously been looking at. “If you hate it so much, let’s leave. You did threaten me with a good climbing to wallop me for my notes.” He took a step into the open, his shoes crunching fragments of glass as he shifted his weight. “I mean...it’d probably not be the best idea now. Given my hair….” He knew there was blood clinging to the dark locks from his hands but he couldn’t think of what to say in that moment. He just wanted to get out of this room - and he wanted to leave with her. He’d be damned if he left her in here with the shards of mirrors. “Yow know,” he tried to laugh as he turned. “It’s not so fun being the one doing the hunting. Where the hell are you hiding?”

---

@Blyssenor Wright
PMEmail
^
Blyssenor Wright
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 07:42 PM

"CATCH ME I'M FALLING"

YEAR:
7TH
HOUSE:
GRYFFINDOR
CLASH:
CUPCAKE
HEIGHT:
5'0
SINGLE

Blyssenor Wright
© ALICE // SHE/HER

"No, I didn't. I've used it before, testing it elsewhere but... perhaps it has some sort of magical shock wave after its cast. The mirrors couldn't handle it and it happened so fast, they shattered instantly." That was her best guess, anyhow. It was the only thing that made sense given the previous tests that she'd done with it. Or maybe the room of requirement had screwed with it. Surely... surely she hadn't subconsciously wanted this to happen. Her eyes widened. Had she sabotaged herself? Had she gone in expecting something and the room catered to those expectations? Fuck, she felt sick. Unpredictable magic was not to be messed with and here they were.

The lioness wrinkled her nose at the scent of the burning sweater and such a smell did nothing to quell the uneasiness of her stomach. He was likely getting rid of whatever he'd used to staunch the flow of blood from his arm. She wondered what it was... maybe something the room provided? Merlin, she hoped so. She already felt like such crap. She didn't want to see that he'd destroyed something of his own just because of the stupid decision that she'd made in attempting to find him. She really was feeling pretty damn low, not just for the vampiric urges that elicited fear, but for not thinking before casting.

After a few long moments, it was easier to breathe without catching the metallic tinge of blood. That helped her feel a little better, though not by much. Her head felt more clear, as if a fog had been lifted from her whole form. She was grateful for that, though she still remained where she was, curled up against the broken mirror. At his words about asking for it, she felt herself quietly scoff and shake her head. If she weren't so mentally and physically rattled from how close they'd come to disaster, she might have even blushed at the way he'd said that. With fondness. But for now, to her, she was the cause of all of this and nothing he said would change her mind.

"You were hardly asking for it... I should have known better." Something told her, however, that he would be just as persistent in his ownership of their problem. Perhaps it was best to take equal blame. She could sense that he was standing, so there was that much at least. He was able to get up on his feet. "That's good to hear. I've always been rubbish at healing spells.... probably because I can't really be around..." Her words died in her throat. Great. They'd drifted away from the topic and there she went bringing it up again. Gently shaking her head, Blysse exhaled slowly and flopped her forehead down against her knees. She wouldn't be surprised if Atti never talked to her again.

When he called for her, her head lifted again, brows furrowing. She'd fully expected him to leave and tell her that he'd talk to her later. All things considered, that was probably the smartest decision. But he didn't. Instead, he asked where she was. Offering to leave the room... with her. Or at least, that's what 'let's leave' meant to her. Swallowing hard, Blyssenor took a few seconds to actually get up the courage to lean around the mirror. She was also afraid... of what his expression might be. Of how he would look at her after this. Of what his injuries would be.

Another sharp exhale and the red-haired woman pitched her form forward so that she was on her knees and leaning on her hands. She turned then, peering around the mirror, her cerulean gaze finding Atticus almost immediately. When his gaze met hers, she felt her throat immediately close up, her heart skipping and hammering within her chest. That bloody shame threatened to consume her. To overwhelm her. Despite herself, she cast her gaze down so that she wasn't looking him in the eye. "Climbing probably wouldn't be the smartest thing," She murmured quietly, trying to keep her voice from shaking. Damn. She had never been particularly adept at concealing her emotions. "But I would like to leave... bad stuff always happens in here."

----

@Atticus Mac Dara

--------------------

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png Avalon a Panfandom RP Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8 The Beginning A Change of Heart Storybrooke War Is Brewing Forum Roleplay Site A BRILLIANT MAGIC Ascension Of Darkness DW

AUTUMN 2017
Welcome to Wizarding Realm! We are an alternate universe Harry Potter site set in the present day at Hogwarts. All of our lovely students are back from their summer terms refreshed and (hopefully) ready to buckle down for classes. Join us! :D Please Register using Proper Case!!
BE A LIGHT TO EACH OTHER ♥