16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral
I'll be your breath if you can be mine.

Rep: 37 pts [ + | - ]
Erik DwightRavenclaw Advanced
Awards: 62

MONTHLY WRITING MEMES

Has your muse been fickle for a while? Do you feel the urge to write something, yet you are not sure what you want to write? Are you new on wurr and looking for some amazing plots to get started? Or do you just love to write and want to pass by for a bit of inspiration? Well, then you are in the right place, because we are now presenting the MONTHLY WRITING MEMES!

1. What is this? Every month there will be a list of prompts released. You can pick one - or even more than one - from the list and work the prompt in either a thread or a oneshot.

2. Why would I do this? The prompts can be used for ranking and help you develop and improve your characters and your writing! They are also meant to motivate you and help newbies to get settled in when they are lacking ideas. And who doesn't like a little nudge when you are fighting a writer's block?

3. What are those prompts and where do I put them? The prompts will be themed, with a different theme every month. You can snatch whichever you like - and of course more people can take one, as they will all interpret it in different ways - and start a thread where it's most suitable for you and your idea. The same goes for oneshots.

4. Can I suggest prompts? YES. We encourage members to suggest prompts and will chose the most fitting for the next list. PM your ideas - and even theme suggestions - to a staffer and we will consider your ideas, so you might find them on the next list!

5. Do prompts expire? NO. All prompt lists will be left online so you can look at them any time and take whatever prompt you want.

6. What's in it for me? Beside improvement, motivation and development, you can also claim member awards! These are the awards:
  • user posted image If you complete one prompt, you receive the Monthly Mini - Copper Edition.
  • user posted image For a second complete prompt, you receive the Monthly Mini - Bronze Edition.
  • user posted image A third complete prompt will be rewarded with the Monthly Mini - Silver Edition.
  • user posted image For a fourth complete prompt, you can claim the Monthly Mini - Gold Edition.

7. Is there a certain period of time to complete a prompt thread? NO. You can take your time for finishing your threads, but please make sure that you submit complete threads in order to receive the member awards, which can be claimed here. Just like the prompts itself, the threads where they are used do not expire.

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
Cam made me a pretty thing and another pretty thing <3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Dec 31 2015, 07:46 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

JANUARY PROMPTS

- Snowbound!
Winter has been harsh this year already and you end up snowed in. Where? At your parents’ house, a hut you rented with your friend/significant other, or maybe even alone.

- It doesn’t have to be a..snowman!
Built a unique snow sculpture somewhere around the castle.

- Last Christmas (click to play)
Listen to the song and let your muse run free to work what you come up with either in a thread or oneshot.

- Winter tales
Tell someone in character a winter story you know, no matter if it’s a tale, something from mythology or something you came up with. Think about the atmosphere in which you want to tell the tale.

- What if…
...you lived in a snowglobe?

- “When snow falls, nature listens”
Pick a quote from HERE work a plot along it and don’t forget to tell us which one you choose

FEBRUARY SUBMISSIONS
Ah, february, the months of love. Now is your chance to submit your ideas to the prompt list for this month! The topic is - of course - Valentine's Day. Pm your prompts to a staffer until JANUARY 25 and your ideas will be considered for the next list <3

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Feb 5 2016, 11:48 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

FEBRUARY PROMPTS

- Mi Amor
Write something involving love potions, as giver or receiver, whether it works or not.

- Can you feel it in the air?
Go on a trip to one of the lovely gardens in the UK. Use THIS website as a reference!

- I love you, not that way
Write about a different kind of love, whether it is friendship, family, or for a pet.

- Love you like a love song
Write something inspired by a song. You can use THIS playlist to pick a tune!

- I'll give you the moon and the stars
Write about someone giving their significant other something special for Valentine's day. Maybe it's the classic flowers and chocolates, or something more unique.

- Up, up, and away!
Go on a hot air balloon ride with your sweetheart, but have your guide be a magical being!

- I'll win you a prize!
There's a magical fair in town! Check it out with your Valentine, or to-be Valentine!;)

- We're having such a good time
Do a thread where your character participates in a hobby their Valentine is interested in. Or, be the character that teaches the hobby.  (i.e paint together, bake together, plot world domination together)

- Not just here for the food
Go out on a picnic date with your sweetheart. Or, set up a nice candlelit dinner as a surprise.

- Always thinking about you...
Shop for your sweetheart with a friend.

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Feb 29 2016, 10:21 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

MARCH PROMPTS

- It's not you it's me
Things don't always work out the way they were planned. Write about a break-up.

- Tell me sweet little lies
Lie to someone to get them to like you, to calm their nerves or to cover up something you might have done to hurt them.

- Your cheating heart
The month of love is over. Spot betrayal in the common room or something else and write about it. Or did you become a victim to this? Or worse, did you betray someone?

- Family affairs
Make a horrible impression when meeting your significant other's family for the first time.

- Sh*t happens
Step one: Down a Courage potion. Step two: Buy gifts for crush. Step three: Profess love. Step four: Get turned down.

- Tied up
Due to some curious circumstances that are up to you, you end up handcuffed to your worst enemy - or at least someone you dislike. What do you do?

- Caraphernelia
Find something between your stuff that belonged to someone you used to love.

- In flagranti
Catch your significant other cheating on you. Alternately, catch your best friend's lover cheating on them.

- Letters missent
Receive a letter that was not meant for you.

APRIL SUBMISSIONS:
You have an awesome idea you want to share with the world? You have a list of incredible prompts? Awesome, because we would love to take your suggestions in the next list. Send your ideas to a staffer until April 25th. The theme for next month will be AU APRIL, so we are looking for your great ideas for alternate universe threads!

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Mar 31 2016, 12:03 PM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

APRIL PROMPTS

It's AU APRIL! Here you find a compiled list of AU ideas to use. The descriptions give you a first idea of what to do, but it's you who have the power to give it your own twist. Go wild and make the Alternate Universe forum on wurr burn!

- Asylum AU
The dark, Victorian age of family issues and other reasons that could get you here - or are you really insane?

- Beauty and the Beast AU
Disney reloaded. We all know that story, right?

- College AU
All the characters live in a single dorm on campus. Chaos ensues.

- Dance AU
DANCE CAMP!

- Detectives AU
No shit, Sherlock - are you the one who investigates or are you the bad guy?

- Elemental Powers AU
Fire, Water, Earth and Air? Are you master of the elements?

- Fairytale AU
Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty or something completely different? Start a fairytale-inspired AU!

- Genderbent AU
Your character is now of the opposite gender - by birth, or by magic? That's up to you!

- Historical AU
Throw your characters into a time period of the past like Elizabethan England, Renaissance Italy, Joseon Korea, etc.

- Magical Girl AU
THINLY DISGUISED SAILOR MOON GRATIFICATION.

- Mythology AU
Greek, Norse or Roman Gods? Indigenous Ravens and Indian Elephants?

- Pirate AU
Your character and their best friends man a ship and loot the seven seas.

- Robbers AU
Bonny and Clyde? Gang business? Get a gun and a balaclave and start a walk on the wild side - and maybe even end up in jail

- Space(ship) AU
The year is...3078. Humans live on a ship that is floating in space.

- Sports AU
Basketball? Volleyball? Soccer? Your character and someone else butts heads.

- Superhero AU
Hero or Villain, secret superpowers or boy next door? Explore your superhero powers.

- Time Travel AU
Is this a Tardis? Or did you find an even better way of time-travelling?

- Under the Sea AU
No matter if mermaid or fish, or just a submarine trip? What happens under the sea?

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Apr 30 2016, 11:44 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

MAY PROMPTS

- Roses from the cemetery
Have your character visit the grave of a beloved deceased or play a plot out on a cemetery.

- Criminal Tango
Think of a plot line that included crime, no matter if your character witnessed, committed or has been wrongly accused of a crime.

- Creatures that kissed in cold mirrors
Include a mirror in your plot. Be creative! No matter if shattering mirrors, late-night-thoughts in front of a mirror or even some horror including mirrors or doppleganger motives!

- Thunder only happens when it's raining
Thunderstorms or heavy rain - place your plot in a weather situation that expresses a certain degree of angst.

- I think we're doomed
Write about a forbidden or doomed relationship - the kind that is either not allowed or simply meant to fail.

- Nightmares dressed like daydreams
Let your character go through a nightmare or simply a very bad dream.

- Where the wild roses grow
Write about an abandoned place: a hospital, a house, an asylum, an old castle....go wild!

- There are ghosts in the walls
Mean sprites or school ghosts? Write some encounter that includes a ghost.

- Scared to death
Have your character experience a moment of extreme fear or a phobia.

- The grass will be greener on the other side
Still not sick of aus after Au April? Awesome, here are some ideas for angsty aus: Vampire/Werewolf AU, Victorian Gothic AU, Ghost AU, Fairy Tale Horror AU...and everything angsty you can think of!

- Don't ever let me know
You like quotes? Click here for angsty inspirations!

- It echoes in my brain
Write a scene that includes a flashback. Think of possible triggers!

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: May 31 2016, 11:34 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

JUNE PROMPTS

- Summer lovin'
The sun is out, the birds are singing - and you are in love! Or aren't you? Write about a summer crush, no matter if it's your own, one you witness or even a past one. Unleash the feelings!

- A pirate's life for me
Yoho, yoho...is this a pirate ship I spot? How could you work that in one of your threads? A wild pirate AU, or just a funny summer trip, maybe even a ship in a bottle?

- How unfortunate
A trip to the beach sounds wonderful until you have sand in places where the sun never shines or stepped on a jellyfish. Make a beach trip go terribly wrong in one way or another.

- The odd uneven time
Use one of these 42 literary quotes about summer as inspiration for a thread or a oneshot.

- Don't you dare!
Summer time, dare time: Jump from a great height into a pool, or do something else that you have never dared to do before.

- Sweet Home Alabama
Go roadtripping with your friend, your crush, or all by yourself. Think of common tropes and be creative with them!

- High on the beach
Write about summer memories, no matter if they are good or bad.

- As the sun goes down
The weather gods decided to erase summer, and the new order of seasons is now Spring, Autumn, Winter. How do you feel about it? Or, on the other side, what could have provoked their sudden decision? Think of mythologies that include weather gods and go wild with your ideas!

- Summer songs
Use a song you connect with summer within a thread and link the song if possible to share some summer goodness with your fellow roleplayers!

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Jun 28 2016, 03:37 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

JULY PROMPTS

This month we have a very special Monthly Writing Meme edition for you! Pick one of these ten pictures (the one that inspires you most and kisses your muse awake) and paste it on top of the first post of the thread or oneshot you are using it in. Of course you can use more than one picture. Go wild and have fun <3

user posted image

CODE
https://66.media.tumblr.com/02056811dcb80e1a499fd83c73a2dc98/tumblr_o9h7ktnvdu1qkys6mo1_400.jpg

user posted image

CODE
https://67.media.tumblr.com/b224d4cb0b3ec3267635aea0de736c54/tumblr_o9h7ktnvdu1qkys6mo2_400.jpg

user posted image

CODE
https://66.media.tumblr.com/46e0c69fbca8b39635b0aa38b075a945/tumblr_o9h7ktnvdu1qkys6mo6_400.jpg

user posted image

CODE
https://67.media.tumblr.com/e5dc7713266e361991a1640534dd8316/tumblr_o9h7ktnvdu1qkys6mo3_400.jpg

user posted image

CODE
https://65.media.tumblr.com/6dd309d0ed820d5d6af5fdedada56b75/tumblr_o9h7ktnvdu1qkys6mo4_400.jpg

user posted image

CODE
https://66.media.tumblr.com/535215f7456b3e6fabc290a178853236/tumblr_o9h7ktnvdu1qkys6mo7_400.jpg

user posted image

CODE
https://67.media.tumblr.com/3a43d670c67d3a16a07a1ab846e711aa/tumblr_o9h7ktnvdu1qkys6mo5_400.jpg

user posted image

CODE
https://66.media.tumblr.com/d2a5c811904222e0ae24325853362c50/tumblr_o9h7ktnvdu1qkys6mo8_500.jpg

user posted image

CODE
https://67.media.tumblr.com/63713257affbab73e35833adf340a9cc/tumblr_o9h7ktnvdu1qkys6mo9_400.jpg

user posted image

CODE
https://67.media.tumblr.com/045f64862b95b050b42b6839f52b9b5b/tumblr_o9h7ktnvdu1qkys6mo10_400.jpg

WE WANT YOU! Do you have any good ideas concerning Monthly Writing Memes? Do you have wishes for future memes or want your prompt idea on the list? Pm your ideas to a staffer until July 25th!

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Jul 31 2016, 11:37 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

AUGUST PROMPTS

It's AUDIO AUGUST! Wurr staff put a playlist for you together to pick a song from and let yourself get inspired either from the whole song or just a certain lyric line. Tell us which song or line you picked when you post up your thread! As always, you are free to pick a song that is not on the list as well.

Reminder: For each FINISHED prompt, you can claim a member award! Prompts do not expire, you can always pick a January prompt in July and so on. There is also no certain period of time to finish a prompt. More information can be found Here. If you have a nice idea or a special wish for next month's prompts, please pm your ideas - no matter if it is a certain theme or actual prompts - to a staffer until August 25th.

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Aug 31 2016, 03:14 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

SEPTEMBER PROMPTS

This month we will dive deep into super descriptive posts. Check out these prompts to colour your writing for the first month of fall term!

Textures
Describe the textures of surfaces, clothes and other things your character is touching. This handy list might help you.

- Colours
A little black and blue is too boring for you? Try different ways of describing colours and their shades. Here is a helpful list with lots of words.

- Temperatures
Hot and cold or something in between? Feverish or freezing? More ways to describe the temperature can be found here.

- Weather
Is it windy or cloudy? There are so much more possibilities to talk about the weather. Find some inspiration here.

- It's a metaphor
Do you want to speak in pictures and symbols? There is a handy list with plants and their meanings here.

- People
No matter if in posts or profile, describing people and personality always happens. Here are some fancy words to use.

Reminder: For each FINISHED prompt, you can claim a member award! Prompts do not expire, you can always pick a January prompt in July and so on. There is also no certain period of time to finish a prompt. More information can be found Here. If you have a nice idea or a special wish for next month's prompts, please pm your ideas - no matter if it is a certain theme or actual prompts - to a staffer until September 25th. Feel free to share your own list of words you found as well, the linked sources are just examples of what you can use.

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Sep 28 2016, 10:22 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

OCTOBER PROMPTS

It is the month of Halloween, and here are some spicy, trick or treaty Halloween prompts for you to use!

- Children of the night, what music we make!
Staff composed a neat little playlist to get you into the mood for Hallowen. Let these songs inspire you and tell us which one you used - unless you used them all, of course.

- Scream Queens
Are you still holding fond memories of AU April? Lucky you, because this time we encourage you to start a HORROR-themed AU. Known horror movies, TV shows or just every horror scenario you can think of: go wild, but please keep your posts in the frame of the site's rating.

- Lily Munster ain't got nothing on you
Dress your character in a Halloween costume and thread it out.

- Trick or Treat!
Go trick or treating with your friends!

- Cemetery Gates
Do you know the Most Beautiful Cemeteries in the World? Think of a scene that could play out on a cemetery.

- Quoth the raven, nevermore!
Do you like inspirational quotes? Feel free to use one of these Halloween quotes - no matter if as inspiration or as a quote in your post!

- Tell me all your ghost stories
Have your character frighten someone IC - and don't forget, if you say something really creepy in a post, you can even get the Creepy Creeper user posted image award for it!

- Wouldn't you like to see something strange?
Celebrate a Halloween party IC and think of everything you need for it. You can use our playlist for it or create a completely new one!

Reminder: For each FINISHED prompt, you can claim a member award! Prompts do not expire, you can always pick a January prompt in July and so on. There is also no certain period of time to finish a prompt. More information can be found Here. If you have a nice idea or a special wish for next month's prompts, please pm your ideas - no matter if it is a certain theme or actual prompts - to a staffer until October 25th. Feel free to share your own list of words you found as well, the linked sources are just examples of what you can use.

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Oct 30 2016, 05:40 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

November PROMPTS

Did you walk with someone once upon a dream, or have your brothers ever been turned into ravens? Either way, you will for sure enjoy these fairy tale-inspired prompts for the last month of Fall term!

Mirror, mirror
Find an enchanted mirror and feel like the Evil Queen of Snow White for once. Don't stick to the motif of the speaking mirror and go wild in what a mirror might be able to do.

- Cinderella's Shoe
Lose your shoe somewhere and think of who might find it. Will the love of your life show up or will it all end with a shoe being thrown in your face?

- Seven Ravens
You or someone else gets charmed into an animal - or an object even. What can break the spell, and what adventures will you live through in between?

- Aladdin's Lamp
Find a charmed object that holds true magical power. A flying carpet, a genie in a bottle? Use your imagination and go wild!

- True Love's Kiss
You think the AU forum of Wurr looks sad since AU April? We agree! Revive the Fairy Tale AU prompt and use a fairy tale of your choice to reenact - wicked twists are expected, of course.

- Tell Me More
Read or tell a fairy take to someone and find out what else could happen when someone as a reader's voice and can do magic with it. Do you remember Inkheart?

- Sleeping Beauty's Rose Garden
The gardens are hexed, and the hedges have become tall and thick, almost impossible to see through. Which adventures can unfold in between this labyrinth of rose hedges?

- Down the Rabbit Hole
Follow the White Rabbit, and do not drink the liquid inside the vial! This is your turn to find your own fairy tale and deliver the finished prompt to us. Enjoy!

Reminder: For each FINISHED prompt, you can claim a member award! Prompts do not expire, you can always pick a January prompt in July and so on. There is also no certain period of time to finish a prompt. More information can be found Here. If you have a nice idea or a special wish for next month's prompts, please pm your ideas - no matter if it is a certain theme or actual prompts - to a staffer until November 25th. Feel free to share your own list of words you found as well, the linked sources are just examples of what you can use.

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Nov 29 2016, 12:08 PM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

DECEMBER PROMPTS

On the first day of Chris- Winter Term, we bring you some sweet and seasonal memes to use for your threads.

- SHE’S MARRIED TO THE MUFFIN MAN!
Have your character eat or bake a gingerbread house or a gingerbread man - or maybe, give a gingerbread heart to the one they adore?

- Driving Home for Christmas
Let your character celebrate Christmas at home - with friends, family, or - if you can’t resist the angst around Christmas - all by themselves.

- Bûche de Noël
Refer to or celebrate a different Christmas/Yule/Solstice tradition and go full out on details.

- Beware of the Nargles
Mistletoe alert! They are all over the castle - will you dare and kiss or run away?

- The Toll of the Bell
Have you ever heard of the Krampus tradition? Click the link to read more and let it inspire you to some gruesome december adventures.

- Jack Frost
His name is Olaf and he loves hugs! Oh no, your snowman became alive! What are you going to do now?

- But the very next day you said that was gay
Don’t we all know Wham’s Last Christmas? Make a reference to the song in a post - or actually let a character sing it.

- Are you alright, Mr Scrooge?
The ghosts of the past, present and future Christmas visit your character at night. What is going to happen now?

- The Nightmare before Christmas
Christmas is ruined! The tree is ablaze, the presents are gone - and only you can save it now. Think of a potential catastrophe and how you could save Christmas.

- I’ll send you black roses
Give someone a very special present - no matter if family member, friend, lover, crush, or even your worst enemy.

Reminder: For each FINISHED prompt, you can claim a member award! Prompts do not expire, you can always pick a January prompt in July and so on. There is also no certain period of time to finish a prompt. More information can be found Here. If you have a nice idea or a special wish for next month's prompts, please pm your ideas - no matter if it is a certain theme or actual prompts - to a staffer until December 25th. Feel free to share your own list of words you found as well, the linked sources are just examples of what you can use.

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Jan 4 2017, 10:15 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

JANUARY PROMPTS

The Monthly Writing Memes are celebrating their first anniversary - and we are celebrating the begin of a new year. Here are some nifty New Year themed prompts to use.

Baby, you're fireworks
You have fireworks left from New Year's Eve? Wonderful, cause mayhem with them. Or surprise your date? Try not to set the whole castle on fire.

- Work less, party more
Let your character make New Year's resolutions - or even better, let them break every single resolution they made in the haze of partying.

- Mimosa, not Mimosa
Party. Yes, this is all you have to do - party, either trashy or fancy, whatever floats your boat.

- Work hard, play hard
Now is the time to get rid off those extra kilos from the holidays. Work out. There's Quidditch and there's the stables - or do you want the classic muggle gym? Grab your friend and go!

- Cinderella Upside Down
You've lost your shoe. Or your keys? Your diary, your favourite pen, your pants - your mind? Go on a hunt for whatever you have lost and think about the wonders of lost things.

- Chicken Scratch
Someone has written something on your arm or your hand. But it is smeared, and you cannot read it any more. Try to solve this riddle - maybe you left the message yourself in the end?

- Vegas, Baby!
You accidentally touched a portkey and now you are off to Vegas? Or did you really just crush the family dinner of your worst enemy? Go wild.

- Wine Mom on the Run
New Year's is for drinking, and AA stand for Alcohol is Awesome. Your character is drunk - or just a little tipsy?

Reminder: For each FINISHED prompt, you can claim a member award! Prompts do not expire, you can always pick a January prompt in July and so on. There is also no certain period of time to finish a prompt. More information can be found Here. If you have a nice idea or a special wish for next month's prompts, please pm your ideas - no matter if it is a certain theme or actual prompts - to a staffer until January 25th. Feel free to share your own list of words you found as well, the linked sources are just examples of what you can use.

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Jan 29 2017, 12:53 PM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

FEBRUARY PROMPTS

Like, Dislike or Love? This month's writing memes are all about social media!

- Grandpa's Clothes
Teach your pureblood friend how to use a phone and/or introduce them to the great wonder that is social media. Let us see their struggle.

- /tagged/me
Take a selfie. Or several selfies. And call all your friends to be on it!

- That escalated quickly
Make a social media post or picture the main theme of a thread: a shitstorm, a special post or just something that is hilarious.

- Kiss, marry...
Change your relationship status. And tell your bae about it

- Snapchat Curse
Someone has cursed your phone and after an innocent selfie, now you have a dog face for real. Works with every single snapchat filter. Good luck, bro.

- Twitter Curse
For one hour, you can only speak in 140 characters or less. Choose wisely what you want to say!

- Spotified!
A Spotify soundtrack follows you through your every day life. What does that mean? Whenever you are with your crush, romantic music starts playing - and just imagine the distressed White Shark theme during your next exam...

- Meme-Me
Imagine you could only communicate in memes.

- Wifi Password: Excuse me while I Slyther in
Hogwarts has WIFI for a day! Celebrate - or drive havoc with it.

- Tweet, tweet
Owl special! Run an owl thread where you post a row of tweets, publish an Instagram or a Snapchat story or communicate in messenger style.

Reminder: For each FINISHED prompt, you can claim a member award! Prompts do not expire, you can always pick a January prompt in July and so on. There is also no certain period of time to finish a prompt. More information can be found Here. If you have a nice idea or a special wish for next month's prompts, please pm your ideas - no matter if it is a certain theme or actual prompts - to a staffer until February 25th. Feel free to share your own list of words you found as well, the linked sources are just examples of what you can use.

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 12:15 PM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

MARCH PROMPTS

New term, new month - new prompts! This month you can entertain yourselves and your characters with all things book-related - whether it’s all about the homework or casual free time reading is up to you. Turn the page and get started!

- Save the Books!
Knowledge should never be banned! Stick it to the man and venture into the restricted section for a book that may or may not be dangerous. Whether your character has a permission slip or not is up to your discretion

- Walk in a Poet’s Shoes
Use a book quote - or several quotes - in a thread. Whether they sneak into descriptions, or a character is reading out loud, allow a thread to be coloured by book quotes.

- Ulysses
Let's bring the AU forum back to life with some of your own parodies on tales from Classic Literature! Is your character somewhat of a Don Quixote, or simply made to be stuck in a Kafkaesque world? Spins and twists are of course encouraged!

- Dear Diary...
Have a character confide in a diary within a post, and don't be afraid to describe the looks of the very personal book as well!

- From the Mouth of Babes
Do you remember the books you loved as a child? The fairytales, the bedtime stories, or even just Martine goes to the beach? Well, childhood's not that long ago for these teenagers. Let your characters fondly remember their beloved children's books. Perhaps it holds a special meaning to them, or is linked to an important memory?

- Paperchase
Follow a trail of pages ripped out of a book. Where do these pages come from? What is the title of the book? And where do they lead to?

- The Half-Blood Prince
Let your character find a book that does not belong to them. Is it a diary? Is it someone's text book with scribbles in it? And do they even want to know who’s the rightful owner?

- Reader’s Block
Have your character use a book for anything but reading. Aesthetic decoration? Quidditch bat? A ladder to climb a shelf? Go wild!

- Beware of Biting Books
Let a plot revolve around one of the magical books known from the Harry Potter universe, for example The Monster Book of Monsters or the one that screamed at Harry in the library. Do not limit yourself to these and let your imagination flow.

Reminder: For each FINISHED prompt, you can claim a member award! Prompts do not expire, you can always pick a January prompt in July and so on. There is also no certain period of time to finish a prompt. More information can be found Here. If you have a nice idea or a special wish for next month's prompts, please pm your ideas - no matter if it is a certain theme or actual prompts - to a staffer until March 25th. Feel free to share your own list of words you found as well, the linked sources are just examples of what you can use.

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 10:50 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

APRIL PROMPTS

You have been waiting for so long, but finally AU APRIL is back in town to provide you with new alternate universe ideas and fill our wonderful au forum with new threads! As always, you can go wild with all kinds of aus, but here are some inspirations. Of course the prompts from last AU APRIL do count as well, as meme prompts never expire. The execution and interpretation is all up to you - and of course every other au that is not listed here does count for the awards as well! Feel free to do oneshots as well! Here are some new, refreshing ideas. Have fun <3

• Demigods
  • Horror / Horror Genre
  • Miss Peregrine
  • Royalty
  • Shakespeare
  • Soulmates
  • The Most Heartwrenching AU You Can Think Of
  • Zombie Apocalypse
  • The Mortal Instruments
  • Film Noir
  • Cats / Animals in general

Reminder: For each FINISHED prompt, you can claim a member award! Prompts do not expire, you can always pick a January prompt in July and so on. There is also no certain period of time to finish a prompt. More information can be found Here. If you have a nice idea or a special wish for next month's prompts, please pm your ideas - no matter if it is a certain theme or actual prompts - to a staffer until April 25th. Feel free to share your own list of words you found as well, the linked sources are just examples of what you can use.

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: May 2 2017, 11:18 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3882 posts
neutral

MAY PROMPTS

This time, our prompts will be Folkore-themed. The definition of Folklore is defined as "traditional customs, tales, sayings, dances, or art forms preserved among a people" while we are going to focus on the "tales" part of it. Enjoy <3

Disclaimer: Some of the are courtesy to Sammeh, thanks <3

- Do not sleep in fairy rings
Naturally occurring rings or arcs of mushrooms are called fairy rings. You can read up on them here. Have your character find a fairy ring - what happens next is all up to you...

- Did you hear?
As we do have many characters from different countries, there will be just as many folktales to tell. Have your character tell someone a tale tied to folklore.

- Turn loose the mermaids
No matter whether in the forbidden forest or anywhere else: Have your character meet a mythical creature: whether it is an actual character or an npc you are making up is entirely up to you!

- Witches gather
Have you heard about the traditions around Walpurgis Night? As wizards and witches, our characters are prone to know about it! It ties loosely to the Beltane celebrations if you like a wider pagan frame.

- Your Firstborn Child
Folklore tales often contain the presence of higher spirits and - of course - curses. Channel your inner angst addict and have your character break a curse - or get cursed? AUs count for this one - and every other prompt - too.

- It's not slime
Simple as that, kiss a frog. The context is up to you.

- Choose your own adventure
There are just too many different folktales to link you to all of them, so this is the prompt where you can just go wild and use it as long as you are linking your thread to folklore. Have fun!

- The light that guides you
Your character is following an alluring light into the forest. Who knows what you might find, but don't get lost.

- No means No
Your character is following a path mapped out for them - but don't step away from it, someone might get angry...

- Friendly Spirits
Let your character leave out something nice to eat, you never know whose day they'll brighten with it. This prompt can be varied and adjusted to work with house elves.

- Keep the lights on.
Light a candle. And now? Well, this is completely up to you...

- Hitchcock would be proud
Birds play a big part in many folklore tales. Some of them can be found here. Ravens and cuckoos are popular in those tales - go wild with your ideas!

- Raven Song
We created an inspirational folk playlist for you to use.

Reminder: For each FINISHED prompt, you can claim a member award! Prompts do not expire, you can always pick a January prompt in July and so on. There is also no certain period of time to finish a prompt. More information can be found Here. If you have a nice idea or a special wish for next month's prompts, please pm your ideas - no matter if it is a certain theme or actual prompts - to a staffer until May 25th. Feel free to share your own list of words you found as well, the linked sources are just examples of what you can use.

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png War Is Brewing Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8
The Beginning Sunset To Sunrise Avalon a Panfandom RP Storybrooke

Welcome to WR! We are an alternate universe HP roleplay set in the present day Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The current term is Spring 2017! Please register with a FIRST AND LAST NAME properly capitalised.