izarding
izarding
Realm
Realm
It's summertime in Scotland; the weather has begun to clear, and the flowers are in full bloom! Now is a time for bonfires, stargazing and long nights spent with friends and family! Welcome to Wizarding Realm- an AU Harry Potter role play set in current day hogwarts!
WR
Pages: (50) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

---> ANNOUNCEMENTS
Jinx · 18 · 7th · Guild · ·
Banned
Awards:
Awards: 9

Oct 17 2012, 11:22 PM   Link Quote
You are cordially invited toHogwarts' Halloween ExtravaganzaThat's right, ladies and gents. This term, your lovely prefects have put together a halloween ball! In character, the main thread will take place on October 31st, but the thread will already be up so feel free to start planning and posting. There will be food, dancing, entertainment provided by surprise special guests, and even more blood-curdling, bone chilling surprises! So what are you waiting for? All you'll need is your spooky self clad in formal attire or a costume, of course! Unless you have your eye on that special witch or wizard? Then, why not take them as a date? Either way, show off what you'll be wearing in the date and dress thread located on this nifty board HERE! We'll be waiting for you -- that's if you can muster enough courage to get there...BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!Shhhh. Listen... do you hear that? It sounds like the prefects are planning some of the special events right now. If we're quiet, maybe we can listen in and learn more over THERE... be sure to tiptoe...
Jinx's first announcement EVER. YAAAAY.
Kendall · 16 · 6th · Cupcake Faction - Leader · halfblood · 5'7"
Gryffindor Elite
Awards:
Awards: 14

Oct 24 2012, 05:16 AM   Link Quote
be prepared!
for the death of the king domain!

In case you didn't see Alice's post on our Facebook page, the domain name: wizardingrealm.net will be closing down for a bit while we move it to a new host. In the meantime, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be sure to use the original address: http://wizardingrealm.b1.jcink.com

I love you all so much!!! *snuggles everyone* If you have questions, let me know. But yes... PLEASE don't forget to be using that address. Make sure your other WURR friends know this. <3

--------------------
polaroids and glitter in our hair
-running through sprinklers and nights at the state fair-
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

KENDALL IS MY HOMIE, YO. SHE'S TASTIER THAN RAINBOWS AND ALSO QUITE AWESOMESAUCE. /ninja!alice
Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Oct 30 2012, 06:18 AM   Link Quote
sandy, can't you see?
i'm in misery

Just so you guys know, in case you haven't been checking JCink's twitter, Hurricane Sandy has been affecting the servers and whatnot, so it's possible that things may go down at some point because it's pretty bad. I know some stuff happened last night, but they managed to switch over to a generator and whatnot... Just keep in mind that we may POSSIBLY encounter a few more bumps. Hopefully not, but I just wanted to let you guys know that the hurricane IS affecting things and... yes.

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

KENDALL IS MY HOMIE, YO. SHE'S TASTIER THAN RAINBOWS AND ALSO QUITE AWESOMESAUCE. /ninja!alice
Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Nov 12 2012, 11:30 AM   Link Quote
those magic changes
ch-ch-changes

If you didn't noticed, a few changes were made to the sorting application, and while this won't affect characters that have already been sorted, if members desire to make characters in the future, they will need to follow the new set-up. So run on over to the Sorting Ceremony forum to get a quick glance and what's going on! Nothing major, just a few things here and there!

That said, at the moment, the format we want for profile revisions for those of you going through the ranking system is still the old format. There's a pinned post in the Workshop forum that details out what we want, so just keep all of this in mind!

In summation: A few changes were made to the sorting app. These changes should NOT influence the profile revisions in the workshop/ranking forums.

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Nov 14 2012, 07:46 AM   Link Quote
those magic changes
ch-ch-changes

Just another reminder that we've changed the sorting app. PLEASE look it over (even if you glanced at it the other day) because a few things were tweaked. If you apply for future characters, make sure you use this new form.

LINK!

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Steph · 18 · 7th · Dead · Single · 5 ft. 11 in.
Gryffindor Intermediate
Awards:
Awards: 53

Nov 14 2012, 09:44 AM   Link Quote
Spring Fall Cleaning!

Just a heads up that we'll be cleaning out some of the older threads and moving them to the Graveyard. IC threads that have not been posted in since July 31st or earlier will be affected. If one of your threads is archived and you want it moved back, just PM a staffer with the thread link and where you want it! We'll be happy to move it for you. (:

--------------------
user posted image
Jinx is perfection.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
5/6/15
Gryffindor Intermediate
Awards:

Nov 25 2012, 11:02 PM   Link Quote
Winter is Coming...

So, just a couple of quick things!

1) The last day of term is this Friday (November 30th)! Be sure to submit your threads/etc. for house points! The thread for that can be found HERE! Remember, any thread that was started September 1 or later is eligible, even if it isn't finished yet! Especially if they aren't finished, since they won't be eligible for next term's points!

2) Staff has some big Clash plans for Winter term, so if your character(s) aren't in Clash already, you should think about putting them in! It'll be great, I promise. <333

3) I love you guys. ;_; What, not everything has to be so serious

--------------------
user posted image
Jinx is perfection.

5/6/15
Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Dec 1 2012, 01:48 AM   Link Quote
jingle bells, merlin smells
dumbledore laid an egg!

WINTER (TERM) IS COMING.

With the changing of the term comes a brand new bunch of changes for you. FIRST OF ALL, please welcome our fresh bunch of prefects for winter term:

Gryffindor: Kieran Sawyer (Amber)
Hufflepuff: Sky Sutherland (Katie)
Ravenclaw: Sian Sadowski (Arkei)
Slytherin: Petra Connor (Allie)

Huzzah huzzah! House points will be tallied up when I have the energy to do that... Alice is going to be working on a new skin for the new term, so that's something to look forward too.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! We've been teasing a Clash sitewide, and it's going to be coming at you ASA-to-the-P. (I seriously think someone spiked my Diet Coke...) Be checking out the Active Topics list for new posts about the Clash plot comin' at'cha soon!

To end this, HAPPY DECEMBER! I LOVE YOU ALL!

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Dec 1 2012, 03:21 PM   Link Quote
darkness falls
the time has come

It is beginning...

Be on the look-out for threads beginning with [CLASH 2012]. For the next few days, these posts will pop up with vignettes to tease the upcoming Clash sitewide! A new term means there is a lot going on, so be sure to keep up with the announcements thread and don't get lost in the fray!

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Dec 2 2012, 07:41 PM   Link Quote
darkness falls
are you ready?

I know I'm inundating you guys with announcements, but I just want to make sure everyone knows what's going on! We're gearing up for a big Clash sitewide event, so make sure that you're keeping up with the teaser vignettes being posted! Here are links to the first four:

one. two. three.four.

If you haven't yet registered your characters for Clash, considering doing so so that you can take part in everything! Make sure you meet the requirements first!

Prefects will also be announcing the first part of their winter events soon, so stay tuned for that! <3

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Intermediate
Awards:

Dec 2 2012, 11:13 PM   Link Quote
user posted image
secert santa returns!

Want to be involved in an awesome gift exchange sponsored by the Prefects? Hop on over here to sign up! If you have any questions, please direct them at one of the prefects! Have fun and may your days be merry and bright!

--------------------
user posted image
Jinx is perfection.

5/6/15
Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Dec 3 2012, 08:10 PM   Link Quote
i've just seen a face
i can't forget the time or place

Quick note:

The Clash!Avatar Claim is gone. It was originally created just for a bit of fun. Nothing official. But with the creation of the Clash Only characters, it began to be rather problematic. So... it's gone. The MAIN Avatar Claim is the ONE OFFICIAL CLAIM. If you have a Clash Only character that you registered on the Clash!Avatar Claim, then go on over to the main claim and post your info there. If there are any problems (characters with the same PB), let me know. <3

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Dec 7 2012, 10:15 PM   Link Quote
they are coming...
they are coming...

THE TIME HAS COME.

Over the last week, a number of vignettes were posted that teased the just-posted Clash sitewide event. Well... the big reveal has finally been posted! PLEASE BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING!

[CLASH 2012] - the reveal.

[CLASH 2012] - the prompts.

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Dec 9 2012, 04:52 PM   Link Quote
i saw dobby
kissing santa claus

It's been a jam-packed few days, has it not? Well the holiday season is upon us, and we all figure that WURR should celebrate in style! In addition to the prefects' Secret Santa, they've got a few other things planned to be revealed soon. But today, staff would like to introduce you all to our Christmas Stockings!

This is an IC event that gives our characters the chance to give and receive gifts from other characters! There's a handy dandy Christmas Stocking forum in the Site Events area, so be sure to go there and check out the rules and information before posting!!! <333

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Dec 17 2012, 07:50 PM   Link Quote
reminder!
IMPORTANT CHRISTMASY THINGS!

Just a quick reminder for those of you participating in SECRET SANTA, that the deadline to submit your gifts is by DECEMBER 19TH AT 11:59 PM CST. PM any of the prefects with your gift (links below)!

Gryffindor - Kieran Sawyer (Amber)
Hufflepuff - Sky Sutherland (Katie)
Ravenclaw - Sian Sadowski (Arkei)
Slytherin - Petra Connor (Allie)

Seriously though... if you signed up for Secret Santa, please please please DO NOT ignore it and not follow through. Prefects are putting a lot of work into fun stuff (you'll see soon!) for you this term, and your fellow participating members are putting in work too. Don't let them down!

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Dec 25 2012, 10:36 AM   Link Quote
i'm dreaming of a white christmas
just like the ones I used to know

Hello all of my darling WURRians. Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Yule, or nothing at all, I just wanted to tell each and everyone of you that I love you all so much. It's the members that make a site what it is, and I'm so happy that all of y'all found WURR and decided to make this place your home (or one of many homes). To members old and new, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season, and enjoy these last few days of 2012. Love you all! <333

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Dec 31 2012, 11:17 PM   Link Quote
auld lang syne
speaking to you from the future!

Well it's officially after midnight here on the east coast of the U.S. and once again, I'm feeling rather sentimental. So HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you - whether it's already 2013 for you, or if you're stuck living in the past for a few more hours. I love you all! Have a wonderful night and stay safe!

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Jan 7 2013, 04:26 PM   Link Quote
snakes in the grass
snakes in your own backyard

Soooo I keep forgetting to announce the FALL TERM House Points winner... so... um, I should do that. The winner for the second term in a row is SLYTHERIN!!! I'm currently sitting in an airport and I don't have my copy of the final tally of points with me (it's been a rough few weeks and I did them differently), but hopefully I'll get specifics up soon.

Sorry for the delay, but everyone be sure to congratulate all the members of Slytherin House! Keep up the posting! Don't forget the Clash sitewide and be on the lookout for future events!

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

ALICE · 17 · 7TH · CUPCAKE · SINGLE · 5'0
Headmistress
Awards:
Awards: 9

Jan 7 2013, 08:16 PM   Link Quote
changes!

Hey lovies! First I'd like to point out on the sidebar that we've got our new featured member and up and comer up! (: Let's congratulate Maison and Sian! <33333

Next, I would just like to let you guys know that I'm going on an indefinite hiatus. My muse has been fickle, but most of all, my time has been limited because of work. Hopefully it will come back and I can be around more, but for now, I'm on hiatus as a staff member. <3 I'm still here for all skinning/images/coding needs, but my name will no longer be on the sidebar. I love you guys and I hope to be back at full force soon!

--------------------

Gryffindor Intermediate
Awards:

Jan 10 2013, 03:10 PM   Link Quote

I've gone through and cleaned out some of the more inactive characters from the Avatar Claim thread. If I accidentally removed one of your characters that I shouldn't have, just let us know by filling out the form again!

Also, please note: When judging activity, we're looking at the character, not the player, so while one character's claim may be removed, another by the same person may not. Also "activity" refers to IC activity--plotting, threading, etc.

On a related note: if for some reason you haven't claimed your character's playby, please make sure you do! Otherwise it's technically considered open, and we don't want you to lose it. (:

--------------------
user posted image
Jinx is perfection.

5/6/15
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (50) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

ADMIN MOD