Pureblood
Year
6th
House
Slytherin
clash
Neutral
Awards: 26

Oisin grimaced at the blank chalkboard at the front of the classroom, its green, white-dusted canvas mocking him. Before this moment, silence had never been this loud, and ignoring a single person had never proven to be such a trial. And that incessant shaking—was that his leg? The Slytherin frowned, knowing that if he stopped, he'd be even less at ease, his pent up energy having no where else to go besides his already tense muscles. Sighing, but not too loudly as he didn't want to bring attention to himself, the boy leaned forward, propping his head up by the arm.

Why Florence of all people?

He would've taken anyone else spend the evening with. Anyone. Even pre-break up Nori.

Did the professor know? he wondered. Was this not a coincidence, and it was not detention that was his punishment, but detention with Florence that was? Oisin frowned. No, now he was just being paranoid. Afraid that someone in his family might catch wind of their relationship, the snake had been so careful, so cautious when they were dating. Ugh. Dating. His frown deepened at the conflicting emotions that rose to surface when he thought about those times.

Longing for the happiness he'd once had. Humiliation at his inability to properly break things off. And so much curiosity at what she was like now. Using his bangs as a sort of makeshift shield, he stole a glance at her from the corner of his eyes. He would be lying if he said that it was the first time, too, because in truth, he'd never actually stopped being interested in her. With time, it had grown easier to ignore the lack of closure between them, but on occasion, her face would stray into his thoughts the way a hair might fall into your gaze – suddenly, obtrusively, and impossible to ignore if not addressed.

Clink.

Snapped out of his thoughts, Oisin jerked his head in the direction of his feet, where a small ink bottle lay. That... wasn't his, he realized, and he knew he should just ignore it and leave it alone. But, before even he could even comprehend exactly what was happening, it was already in his hand, which in turn was extended out to Florence, his ex-girlfriend. Florence, the first person he'd ever let in.

He knew what his heart yearned for even though it was wrong and should feel ashamed for doing so, and yet here he was, trying anyways.

"You dropped this," he said, lifting his frosted eyes from the ground.

-----

@Florence Ellis

--------------------

evan, lyx, and coco are magical

PM
^
Florence Ellis
 Posted: Nov 22 2016, 04:24 AM
"best of both"
Amber
She/Her
18 Posts
Rep: 1 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Gryffindor
Height
5'7
Status
Muggleborn
Year
5th
House
Gryffindor
clash
Neutral
Awards: None

Between her brothers at home and Cleo and Henri at school, Florence had never quite gotten used to silence. It was a deafening sort of thing, a noise - or lack thereof - that filled your ears and begged you to pay attention to it. That wasn't something that the lion was content to allow to happen today, so instead she tried her best to listen for any other sound her ears could pick up. The creak of the school shifting, the slam of a door somewhere down the hallways, the idle chatter coming from the window, none of it was loud enough to drown out the silence boring its way into her ears. Finally she picked up on another sound, one familiar yet so difficult to place. Her brow furrowed she shifted in concentration trying to determine the source.

Breathing, she realized with a jolt.

And not just anyone's breathing, but Oisin Woodbane's.

She mentally chided herself for being so stupid, begging her brain to ignore the sound and go back to hearing only the silence, but it was too late. Her brain - and maybe somewhere deep down, buried inside, her heart - had latched onto him, and it wasn't going to shut off anytime soon unless Oisin managed to drop dead right now - which would be just fine in her opinion.

Who was she kidding? She didn't want that at all.

There was a small part of her that ached for them to be able to talk again. Even if it wasn't as a couple, she did miss him, despite the fact that he completely ghosted her and ended their relationship by, well, just never talking to her again. She supposed in some weird technical way, since he'd never broken up with her, they were still together. Ugh. No. Why did her brain have to even drift that direction?

She shifted in her seat again, trying her best to focus on anything else. She reached for her inkwell, deciding that if nothing else, she could write lines and focus on the sound of the quill scratching against parchment. As luck would have it, the blonde overshot the distance, knocking the inkwell to the floor. A tiny clinking sound filled the room, and as she tried to search the room without looking in the Slytherin's direction, she realized it was a lost cause. Abort, abort, there would be other inkwells. This one was sacrificed for the greater good.

And then he spoke to her. For a moment, the Gryffindor's hands gripped the edge of the desk, trying to figure out the best thing to do. She could ignore him, of course, but that wouldn't solve anything. She could rude, but still that wouldn't solve anything. With a steeled reserve, she realized the only way to get through this was to just be polite. turning to him, she put on a sweet smile, holding out her hand and taking the inkwell from him. "Thank you," she said calmly.

As she pulled back, her hand brushed against his, the sensation too much for her to handle. Sadness disguised as rage swelled within her, and before she stop herself, more words spilled from her lips. "And here I thought you were the one who was good at suddenly dropping things."

Goddamnit Florence.

---
@Oisin Woodbane
PM
^
Oisin Woodbane
 Posted: Dec 9 2016, 09:32 AM
"tell me, what makes you think that you're invincible"
Jinx
She / Her
502 Posts
Rep: 34 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
GLOMP Squad
Height
5'10"
Status
Pureblood
Year
6th
House
Slytherin
clash
Neutral

By the time that Oisin realized it had been Florence's intention to throw acid in his face all along, his head had already begun its journey downward in a solemn nod of acknowledgement.

When he thought back on the moment, he wasn't sure what he had been expecting. Of course they couldn't go back to any sort of amicable relationship. Not after what he had done or the way he had chosen to do it -- or more appropriately, how he had chosen to not do it.

He had deserved that.

But even so, the Slytherin was a proud boy and, like any human being, didn't always respond logically. He was an heir to the Woodbane family legacy for Merlin's sake. A boy like that wasn't going to simply accept her snide remark. Maybe everyone on the Slytherin Quidditch team made it a sort of hobby to poke fun at him, but they did so out of jest. Jest he could handle. Florence, on the other hand, was another case. He knew what heavy weight those words carried: at least several years worth of silence and, if she had truly liked him anywhere near as much as he had liked her, a broken heart.

Oisin retracted the few centimeters his chin had traveled downward in a sharp snap of a movement and withdrew his hand into the boundaries of his own desk. His features, once soft from a feigned disinterest, hardened in those few seconds as well, lips twisting into a decisive frown as winter flooded his eyes. And whatever pent up energy had been traveling to his leg made a direct detour into the life-draining emotion of spite.

If this was how it was going to be, then fine. He had been perfectly content living on the outskirts of Florence Ellis's life, but after this at least he would have a good reason to move on.

"You're welcome," he replied with quiet clarity, "but I only drop things I don't need. That bottle looks like it's still got a few pages worth of ink in it."

Besides, it wasn't as if their harbored emotions for one another could do anything but fester from here on out.

-----

@Florence Ellis

--------------------

PM
^
Florence Ellis
 Posted: Dec 12 2016, 03:28 AM
"best of both"
Amber
She/Her
18 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Gryffindor
Height
5'7
Status
Muggleborn
Year
5th
House
Gryffindor
clash
Neutral

" I only drop things I don't need."

Florence's heart stopped at those words, a frozen dagger wedging its way through her ribcage and twist and turning as if bound and determined to cut it out. Oisin had always been a little bit distant when they'd dated, but it seemed that in the time they spent apart, he'd become colder, more calculating and one hundred percent more hurtful. Her hand gripped tightly on the bottle of ink, this one tiny insignificant object the only thing keeping her grounded to the world at the moment. The lioness turned her head further away from the older boy, not wanting to let him see her face, not wanting him to have the satisfaction of eliciting a response like this from her.

When she was able to compose herself, she went back to writing on the parchment, still facing away from him as much as possible. "I see you've completed your transition from baby jerk to full on asshole. It's a family trait, right? All of your Woodbanes have it. The Minister's grandkids are all pretty normal. Must be all those weird daddy issues. I mean, I'd probably screw everyone I know over for Daddy's love if I had three hundred siblings. What's dating in the pureblood realm like? Is every single girl your cousin then? Your sister?" She was rambling. She was hurt and she was rambling and the only thing she could possible do was to keep talking in an attempt to keep him from getting another word in to hurt her.

"What are you even in detention for anyway?" she asked. "Aren't you one of those perfect little children who never gets in trouble despite being an utter twat?" The fifth year was one to talk. Detention wasn't something she often had to contend with but of course, in an attempt to keep Cleo and Henri from getting in too much trouble, she'd ended up taking the fall for them. She should have let them get caught. At least Henri would have had more pleasant things to say to her cousin, or whatever they were. With a deep breath, she tried to focus on her lines, trying to force the world around her to melt away. Hopefully whatever Oisin said next would end up washing over her ears and disappear into the ether. She engaged him and now she regretted it.

---
@Oisin Woodbane
PM
^
Oisin Woodbane
 Posted: Feb 7 2017, 12:20 AM
Jinx
She / Her
502 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
GLOMP Squad
Height
5'10"
Status
Pureblood
Year
6th
House
Slytherin
clash
Neutral

For some reason, Oisin resisted the familiar tug to roll his eyes. They were only a year apart in age, and yet Florence amazed the Slytherin with how much she remained a child. And this is the exact fucking reason we couldn't stay together, he thought, letting out a tired sigh as the lioness barraged him with everything she had – which, to his surprise, was intensely shallow all things considered. It was nothing he hadn't heard before, nothing he hadn't thought about when in isolation. But her... well, if she couldn't handle that snide remark in passing, there was no way she'd be able to handle pressures of dating a Woodbane without it ending in tears or some sort of fist fight. (He acted haughty in this thought, like not dating her was a choice he'd made on his own; it wasn't.) His family and the other purebloods would have found much crueler things to say.

When she'd finally asked him how he of all people had ended up in this godforsaken room with her, rather than immediately reply, Oisin raised a brow and eyed her in a way that wordlessly asked, Are you finished? And then, shortly afterward, he heaved a sigh so deep and heavy that it seemed to sink through the floors and to the lower levels of the castle. The mere act of contemplating whether he should entertain her train wreck of insults or simply answer her question was troublesome enough on its own. It hadn't been like this before, where Oisin had to weigh every one of his options in order to achieve the best possible outcome. That's why he had liked Florence in the first place. He could just not give a single flying shit about how he acted because it wouldn't have mattered to her. And logically speaking, it shouldn't have mattered to Florence what he said now, because he had been a complete and utter dick to her.

But then again, emotions make no fucking sense, I guess, he thought, tilting his head to stare at the lioness's profile. Ultimately, it was her absolute refusal to look at him that was the deciding factor for what he said next. After a few more seconds of silence and internal struggle stretched by, he replied matter-of-factly, "I skipped class. I always skip class though, so dunno why that troll for a professor decided to finally give me detention. You?" This time he watched her shamelessly while he waited for an answer, convincing himself that it was more so out of morbid curiosity than anything else. And strangely enough, the longer he did, the more he started to feel that unwanted, twisting sensation of regret for his earlier coldness. The edges in his face were softening again.

Logically, he should be mad that all he'd done was pick up Florence's stupid ink bottle and she'd somehow turned him into the bad guy.

But then again, emotions made no fucking sense.

-----

@Florence Ellis

--------------------

PM
^
Florence Ellis
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 09:40 PM
"best of both"
Amber
She/Her
18 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Gryffindor
Height
5'7
Status
Muggleborn
Year
5th
House
Gryffindor
clash
Neutral

Florence hated herself for listening to what he had to say. She'd gotten so unbelievably good at tuning out her brothers, at not listening to things she didn't want to listen to. She had so much practice in ignoring people - and yet for the life of her, she couldn't do a damn thing to keep Oisin Woodbane's smug voice from worming it's way into her ears, and her brain, and her he- Well. The first two. Of course he would ignore the poison-laced threats she'd spit at him. Of course he would sidestep the vitriol. He'd been good at it when they were younger. She could only assume he'd gotten better with age and more practice.

His answer infuriated her, though she kept her face as still as she could. Of course someone rich and perfect would be able to skip class all the time and just barely get a detention now. The professor probably just wanted to test the waters and see if the great and powerful Angus Woodbane decided to rain hellfire on the school for his precious little progeny getting in trouble. Her grip tightened on the inkwell before setting it down, more forcefully than the intended and walking to the open window to look out it. Leaning on windowsill, she stared down at the lawns, up at the towers, trying to latch onto anything that could take her away from this place mentally. He'd asked her a question and she had no intention of answering it.

Except the breeze calmed her down, the cool air erasing the heat from her face. The snake was a jerk and there wasn't really anything the blonde could do about that. He was a lost cause, lost from her years ago, and she assumed he was still going to keep her secret. He would have blabbed it by now if he really wanted her gone. The lioness took a long deep breath before turning back to him, leaning against the cold stone of the window. Her eyes focused just beyond him, not wanting to look him in the eye still. "Same as usual," she finally replied. "Henri and Cleo. They did something stupid. They got away. I didn't." Her thoughts swirled with what she assumed he was thinking. That she was stupid for letting them get her in trouble. That she was too naive and trusting and would get eaten alive in the real world. He probably wished it on her.

Her eyes shifted slightly, trying to look at Oisin without actually looking at him. The image of him that danced in the corner of her eye seemed unchanged from the thirteen year old by who asked her to be his girlfriend. Taller. More toned. But that face - even with the scowl and sneer permanently etched onto it and the stronger jaw emerging - was still that same face that had made her heart do flips once upon a time. Her mind flashed back to second year, when a kinder, gentler Oisin, her boyfriend Oisin, had presented her with a necklace - a round pendant with a swirl of a shooting star. It was charmed with his voice, humming a love song when she pressed on the star. After he ghosted her, she play the song in the necklace over and over, moping by herself. But those days were over now. That necklace was probably buried at the bottom of trunk now. She hadn't seen it in almost two years.

The silence killed her. There was a part of her that wanted to continue the conversation, that wanted to have a civil conversation, but what could they say? They had nothing in common anymore. And if she was being honest, she couldn't name a thing they'd ever shared to begin with. Clenching a fist, she walked back to her desk, resuming her task of writing lines, a lump in her throat swelling as she tried to ignore that he was even here. It was impossible. Shaking her head, she started to turn toward him, a "Did you even feel bad about abandoning me?" spilling from her mouth before she could stop it.

Why are you like this, Florence?

---
@Oisin Woodbane
PM
^
Oisin Woodbane
 Posted: May 16 2017, 12:13 AM
Jinx
She / Her
502 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
GLOMP Squad
Height
5'10"
Status
Pureblood
Year
6th
House
Slytherin
clash
Neutral

Oisin was grateful when Florence turned her back to him. Not only was he used to seeing it, but he'd come to terms with the fact that it was the only thing he deserved see: the sight of her back turned to him as she shrunk into the distance. After all, it was his fault that they were this way in the first place -- him clinging to whatever opportunity at communication she gave him, her loathing every moment of it. He was the one who didn't have the gall to simply tell her the truth. A part of him wished he could blame the desire to spare her from a moment of heartbreak, but even Oisin couldn't so obviously lie to himself. The fact of the matter was he was a coward. And because of it, now Florence was caught in a web woven from bitterness and confusion.

I'm sorry.

He wanted to say it, but he just couldn't. Oisin was stupid and seventeen and stubborn, full of empty pride and self-inflicted shame, and he wouldn't dare admit his faults aloud.

Leaning forward, the boy buried his mouth into the crook of his arm as he continued to watch Florence. That ache in his chest from when they were together... it was still there sometimes – duller now, buried beneath guilt and responsibility, but ever persistent like a vengeful wraith.

Swallowing the forming lump in his throat, the snake's eyes flickered up to Florence's face as she finally spoke to him. And he, pathetic as he was, replied almost instantly as if they might never speak again if he waited a moment longer. (But he shouldn't have cared, really.) "Oh. I guess Henrietta... my cousin? I don't really know because I don't speak to that side of the family much... I guess she does get you into a lot of trouble." Had he not been paying attention he might have ended that with an apology for the trouble his family caused her, but thought better of it. That wasn't what Florence wanted an apology for. In fact, she'd probably never get the apology she wanted to hear. Oisin's brows furrowed at the thought.

... That was right. If he was going to do nothing about this, then he had to live with that decision. And if that was the case, well, he might as well not do it so pitifully. Reluctantly, Oisin sat back up, ignoring the heaviness of his body and focused on readjusting his tie, now crooked from his moment of terrible posture. The Slytherin kept his eyes focused on his fingers, knotting and unknotting, knotting and unknotting the fabric of his tie as Florence returned to her seat. Silently, he'd resigned himself to finding reasons to hate her. Or he was trying to, anyways; if they both just loathed each other completely it would be so much easier for the two of them to just move on. Or so he thought, up until she finally asked the question that plagued her for so long.

"I..."

Oisin furrowed his brows and turned away, looking almost pained by his sudden anger. Florence was so tactless. She had always been tactless. He imagined that's what happened when you grew up with so many boys, in a family where you could solve your disputes with a couple of thrown punches and then laugh over dinner a few hours later. And that was the kind of place where Florence belonged: somewhere where could just be Florence and no one would look down on her. With him, she wouldn't have that luxury. Everything she did would be under scrutiny, and everything it amounted to would only be met with shame. Fuck, what had he been doing? The Slytherin sighed, running a hand through his hair.

How did she manage to keep catching him off guard? It was almost like nothing had changed, and they'd suddenly gone back to the first few days of their relationship.

Hah. I wish.

Before answering, Oisin made sure to wipe emotion from his face, stiffening his features into that inscrutable expression he'd spent his life mastering. He couldn't let her see how torn he was. If it had been anyone else, he could've given them the truth; that's who he was with people he'd "dropped", an asshole with regard to anyone else's feelings. But he didn't want to her hurt further. Wouldn't it be cruel to say aloud that he actually never wanted to stop being with her? That even after years of silence, if it were up to him he would've broken down and begged for forgiveness long ago and stealing months' worth of kisses born from pent up frustration and desire. The Slytherin resisted the urge to bite down on his tongue. Well, I don't need to tell her everything, right? he reasoned, finally coming to a decision.

"Yeah," he finally admitted, looking straight at her. "I felt terrible. And, if it makes you feel better, I'm probably going to feel terrible for the rest of my life."

I'm sorry. It was all he had to say.

If only the words would leave his goddamned mouth.

----

@Florence Ellis

--------------------

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png Avalon a Panfandom RP Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8 The Beginning A Change of Heart Storybrooke War Is Brewing Forum Roleplay Site A BRILLIANT MAGIC