izarding
izarding
Realm
Realm
It's summertime in Scotland; the weather has begun to clear, and the flowers are in full bloom! Now is a time for bonfires, stargazing and long nights spent with friends and family! Welcome to Wizarding Realm- an AU Harry Potter role play set in current day hogwarts!
WR

Closed
New Poll

About Wandlore, rules and signups and such
Lyx · 43 · Wandlore · Neutral · Single · 5'6"
Professor
Awards:
Awards: 7

Jun 20 2017, 02:50 PM   Link Quote
Wandlore is one of the more complex, ancient branches of magic: the study of the history, abilities, action, and creation of wands. Wandmakers and aspiring wandmakers study this subject, and sometimes, it can help you better understand your wand, it's abilities, and your working relationship. My ultimate goal of this class is not to spawn the next generation of wandmakers, but instead to give you a glimpse of understanding how to better utilize and master your particular magical strengths. Let's get started, shall we?

xxx

A few simple things!
  1. Class Posting: Ideally, if you sign up for the class, you'll post in it, but no pressure, because muse wanes and life gets in the way and sometimes you just struggle to post for a thing! If you can't post for whatever reason, don't stress about it. You don't have to justify yourself at all. c: I do ask that you not post WIP posts, as it throws off the flow of the class, and that you summarize at the end of your posts much the way you might with quidditch posts!
  2. Homework: homework will be assigned in THIS TOPIC HERE. IC, homework is done in wandlore journals that are turned in to Raquel, but OOC, you guys can just PM responses to Raquel Dowling. Points will be awarded accordingly!
  3. Anything Else?: Ask questions! Challenge things! Talk to me about theories! I already have a few plots in the works, but if you need Raquel for anything -whether mentoring or wand repair or advice or even professor plots- please feel free to hit me up! She's here to help!

To express interest in the class, use the form below, answer in-character:
CODE
[b]Student name:[/b]
[b]Year / House:[/b]
[b]Favorite spell?:[/b]
[b]What about this class sparked your in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: )[/b]

Current Roster:
nobody yet!

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image user posted image
i found peace in your violence, can't tell me there's no point in trying.
Jynx · 15 · 4th · · Halfblood · 5′ 8″
Gryffindor Beginner
Awards:
Awards: 13

Jun 23 2017, 06:13 AM   Link Quote
Student name: Lihan Huang
Year / House: 4th/Gryffindor
Favorite spell?: Lumos
What about this class sparked your in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) Um....it looked easy....

--------------------
user posted image
Bolt v4: Back in Boltness · 14 · 4th · · · 5'2"
Ravenclaw
Awards:
Awards: 17

Jun 23 2017, 07:14 AM   Link Quote
Student name: Annabell Bunting
Year / House: 4th Ravenclaw
Favorite spell?: Silencio
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) It's different, I guess.

okay so i forgot to sign up before i posted don't you judge me

--------------------
user posted image
BONECRUNCHER
Fear him.
Or don't. Whatever.

Workshop / Extra Info
Teej · 18 · 7th · Viridian Guild · Half-Veela · 5'11"
Slytherin Novice
Awards:
Awards: 27

Jun 23 2017, 07:46 AM   Link Quote
Student name: Sascha Klaus
Year / House: 6th / Slytherin
Favorite spell?: Aguamenti
What about this class sparked your in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) "Well, I do have a pretty interesting wand and wandcore I feel like, so... Why not come and learn more about it?"

--------------------

user posted image
Professor
Awards:

Aug 25 2017, 08:24 PM   Link Quote
Guys, Gals, and Nonbinary pals! With the Summer Term rapidly coming to an end, and autumn upon us, it's time for another round of class term sign ups! Adult characters are certainly welcome to participate as well, as everyone currently using a wand could stand to grow from learning more about wands and how they work! However, only students may earn IC class points. To apply for the fall term, please use the form below!

CODE
[b]What wand core fascinates you most?:[/b]
[b]What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: )[/b]

--------------------
user posted image
Guinevere Iscariot
· · · · ·
Awards:
Aug 25 2017, 09:12 PM   Link Quote
Student name: Milena Valerieva
Year / House: 6th / Hufflepuff
What wand core fascinates you most?: Mare Bones & Glumbumble
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) The possibility of figuring out how a wand core can taint another core and its after effects, if any.

Student name: Kala Faraji
Year / House: 6th / Gryffindor
What wand core fascinates you most?: Glumbumble Venom
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) Hellion talked highly of Raquel's game so she's curious. *cough* Also, she has a strange relationship with her wand and needs to learn better control if possible.

Student name: Guinevere Iscariot
Year / House: 7th / Ravenclaw
What wand core fascinates you most?: Boomslang venom
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) Just needed the elective credit.

Student name: Hotaru Myeong
Year / House: 6th / Hufflepuff
What wand core fascinates you most?: Moon Calf Cores
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) Learning about the creation of wands in general and how to make cores harmonize instead of repel
Gwyneria Hawthorne
· · · · ·
Awards:
Aug 25 2017, 10:09 PM   Link Quote
Student name: Gwyneria Hawthorne
Year / House: 7th / Slytherin
What wand core fascinates you most?: One of my own, actually - Mermaid Tail Spines.
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) My wand is a part of me, insomuch as my hand or arm is. To better master my spells, I need a better understanding of this part of me.
Lupita Nieves
· · · · ·
Awards:
Aug 25 2017, 10:11 PM   Link Quote
Student name: Lupita Nieves
Year / House: 7th / Gryffindor
What wand core fascinates you most?: Grim Fur
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) I'm absolute crap with wand lore, so.. I want to change that.
Dannie · 17 · 6th · undecided · halfblood · 6'0
Shelved
Awards:
Awards: 17

Aug 28 2017, 02:23 AM   Link Quote
Student name: Jayson Rogers
Year / House: 6th/Ravenclaw
What wand core fascinates you most?: ...All of them
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) I want to further my knowledge of wandlore, which is already quite minimal

--------------------
RAVENCLAW
{ wear }
Lolo · 14 · 4th · AEGIS · Muggleborn · 5' 6''
Banned
Awards:
Awards: 13

Aug 31 2017, 02:45 AM   Link Quote
Student name: Reade Hensley
Year / House: 4th/Hufflepuff
What wand core fascinates you most?: I don't know much about them.
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) Same as above.

--------------------

Reade's Magical Assistive Devices
Braille Dictaquill - writes text of dictation which turns into braille on the page
Dictaquill - regular (for Reade to dictate letters etc for sighted people)
Text to braille charm - changes text to braille or vice versa
Kimmy · 17 · Seventh · TBD · Pureblood · 1.75 m / 5' 9"
Slytherin
Awards:
Awards: 67

Aug 31 2017, 04:20 AM   Link Quote
Student name: Seraphina Windsor
Year / House: Seventh / Slytherin
What wand core fascinates you most?: I don't know nearly enough to comment on this.
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) Knowing how my wand works so I can use it better is one of the main reasons why I want to take this class.
Xena · 15 · 5th year · Undeclared · Half-Blood · 5' 6"
Hufflepuff Beginner
Awards:
Awards: 8

Aug 31 2017, 10:40 PM   Link Quote
Student name: Cadi Harris
Year / House: 5th Hufflepuff
What wand core fascinates you most?: All of them.
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) I want to learn how to make the most out of my wand!

Student name: Meave Kearney
Year / House: 7th Ravenclaw
What wand core fascinates you most?: Define "fascinates."
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) I want to learn how to bend the wands of others to my will for...... research purposes.

--------------------
Cloe · 16 · 6th year · · Halfblood · 5'1''
Hufflepuff Beginner
Awards:
Awards: 5

Sep 1 2017, 05:00 AM   Link Quote
Student name: Selene Daphne Lee
Year / House: 6th/ Hufflepuff
What wand core fascinates you most?: I'm interested in learning about all of them
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) I think it will be very fascinating to learn about wands and how they work as I don't know much about it

Student name: Grace Sophie Berkeley
Year / House: 7th/ Ravenclaw
What wand core fascinates you most?: I don't know a lot about them.
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) I want to find out more about it
FizzyElf · 16 · 5 · · "muggle-born" · 5'11"
Slytherin Beginner
Awards:
Awards: 4

Sep 30 2017, 11:31 AM   Link Quote
Student name: Kaerac Terellian
Year / House: 5th year Slytherin
What wand core fascinates you most?: dunno. Dragon heartstring, probably.
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) Needed an elective, and heard the teacher's not an ass.
Professor
Awards:

Dec 20 2017, 01:29 AM   Link Quote
Guys, Gals, and Nonbinary pals! WINTER IS HERE and it's time for another round of class term sign ups! Adult characters are certainly welcome to participate as well, as everyone currently using a wand could stand to grow from learning more about wands and how they work! However, only students may earn IC class points. To apply for the current term, please use the form below!

CODE
[b]What wand core fascinates you most?:[/b]
[b]What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: )[/b]

--------------------
user posted image
KK x · 16 · 6 · · Pureblood · 175cm
Hufflepuff
Awards:
Awards: None
Dec 20 2017, 05:48 AM   Link Quote
Student name: Kelly Selwyn
Year / House: 6th year Hufflepuff
What wand core fascinates you most?: Thestral hair
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) It's a good topic.
Annie · 15 · 5th · · Unknown · 5'8
Gryffindor
Awards:
Awards: None
Jan 3 2018, 05:37 PM   Link Quote
Student name: Nicodemus Park
Year / House: 5th/Gryffindor
What wand core fascinates you most?: Uh... Phoenix feather? i guess
What about this class sparked your interest in this class? (Don't feel bad if you just needed the elective credit c: ) I really needed the elective
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

ADMIN MOD