Wizarding Realm -> you don't even bother anymore...
Staff
House points
Gryffindor
Hufflepuff
Ravenclaw
Slytherin
Head Students
Prefects
of the months

Add Reply
New Poll

you don't even bother anymore..., my sacha / kels
Tamsin Kapustina
 Posted: May 14 2017, 10:15 PM

"symbols of infinity"

YEAR:
Sixth
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
Neutral
HEIGHT:
5'2"
Pureblood
Rep: 7 pts [ + | - ]

Tamsin Kapustina
© Lyx // they/them
Awards: 17

Raisin was meddlesome for a cat, especially one of her pedigree. Tamsin had rarely seen her far from her brother's side, so to see her as far as the Great Hall with no inkling of Sacha's presence was startling at best, worrying as a worst case scenario. Realistically, it was probably just that Raisin had been scared by one of the larger, more common animals, maybe an owl, and had scurried away before Sacha could get to her.

That, of course, was the only way that the Sphynx could be standing before her in the outdoor corridor as she was making her way back up from the lake. She'd spent much of the day lying out in what little sun she could get, with her notebook between her and Caden. They were getting serious about this music thing, and she was excited about it; it was nice to be doing something with her ability to play multiple instruments. Plus, she really liked the boy and all his gentle quiet. He was better company that she could ever remember having.

Crouching carefully, far too aware of the way that her knees cracked uncomfortably when she did so, Tamsin reached out for the gorgeous creature, extending her hand and clicking her tongue to get her attention. With a little mewl, Raisin stalked closer, leaning up on her hind paws and pushing her furless face into Tam's outstretched palm. There was something so satisfying about petting a hairless cat, though the Slytherin girl couldn't ever really pinpoint just what that thing was. Maybe it was the weird, visible way that the cat's skin wrinkled and shifted as she moved her hand over her skin?

Petting her gently, she reached underneath the cat, scooping her up carefully. Sacha always got snippy with her when she moved too quickly, reminding her that Raisin wasn't as hearty as some of the mutts around the castle. To her credit, she was a vicious old lady who probably had at least another ten years atop her current seven, and Tamsin knew that her brother was just being protective because he loved the hell out of the animal.

Dainty claws hooked in the girl's crop top, Raisin riding happily in her arms as they descended from the upper world and into the bowels of the castle. “I don't know how you got outside, but you're going to get a sunburn like mine,” she informed her companion. The seven year-old feline replied with a curt chirp, and something in Tamsin felt thoroughly sassed. Huffing lightly, she continued to cradle the cat as she slipped into the common room behind a group of ickles who seemed quite pleased that they had remembered the location of the seemingly blank wall that was the portrait hole. Nodding absently at one of her roommates who threw a passing 'Hey, Tommie!', she slipped into the boys' dormitory, making her way into the seventh year dormitory.

Her brother wasn't in his room. Tamsin wondered if he had gone off to try and find Raisin. The cat in question let the redhead untangle her paws from the cotton of her shirt, and then jumped neatly to the bed, where she stalked her way to the pillows to the head of it. Tamsin followed suit, though she didn't stretch out so languidly as her hairless companion had. In fact, the black cat stretched and then curled herself so that she could lie close enough to attempt to groom Tamsin's thigh where the hem of her red shorts met grass-stained skin. “You're so weird,” she sighed, reaching out to pet the creature's wrinkly tummy. The sound of the door opening drew her gaze away, Tam finding herself looking up at her brunette older brother. “She was upstairs without you,” the younger Devereaux supplied, continuing to rub Raisin's tummy. That was all she could think to say. It was sickening, how she couldn't think of a single word to say to her big brother, the boy who had once been her hero. It was worse, still, that she couldn't save him.

wearing
@Alexandre Devereaux

--------------------
a million waves in the ocean crash at once to make you smile
PM
^
Alexandre Devereaux
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 04:06 PM

"Baby I don't care if you got her in your heart"

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
N/A
HEIGHT:
5' 11"
Pureblood
Rep: 0 pts [ + | - ]

Alexandre Devereaux
© Kels // she/her
Awards: 7

Sacha was at a loss for words, if he were being honest with himself. How in the world could a cat--an ELDERLY cat, none-the less---manage to slip out of the Slytherin common room without one person noticing her? He hadn't even been gone an hour, but once he'd returned, the hairless cat had been missing from her usual position at the head of his bed. Since the elder cat never really had a wild streak as a youngster, this type of behavior was less than expected, and immediately sent Sacha into panic mode.

The Slytherin boy spent the better half of his afternoon interrogating any younger-years that had been in the common rooms that morning to witness her daring escape, but none confessed. Or, perhaps, none actually saw anything. If that were the case, then Raisin was a little more spry than the Devereaux heir previously thought.

After several hours of searching the dungeons and neighboring hallways (and after at least one hour of getting hopelessly turned around), Sacha's anxiety began to get the better of him. How could she have wandered off? He'd only left to go to the library for a moment. It hadn't taken him that long, and yet his beloved animal companion had decided to abandon him. But why? Perhaps he'd overlooked her in his own dorm. She could have easily buried herself under his clothes or bedding to keep warm. Despite it finally being summer, the Slytherin dorms were always a little on the chilled side.

Yes, that must've been it, Sacha thought as he half-walked half-jogged back to the Slytherin commons. She was there the whole time and I've just been a fool, yes, that's right. The seventh-year had been so busy convincing himself that he just hadn't been paying attention, that when he saw his sister laying on his bed he nearly jumped. Raisin was there, lazily licking the red-head's thigh in a poor attempt at grooming her. Sacha wondered for a moment if he looked as disheveled as he felt before his sister's words reached him.

"She made it all the way upstairs?" he asked. He huffed and gave his cat a somewhat frustrated look. He moved over to the other side of the bed and rummaged around for a spare sweater for the beast, finding only old and frayed ones.

"I've no clue how she managed to run away, but I've been looking for her all afternoon," he mumbled. Raisin chirped at him in what almost sounded like annoyance as he shifted her around to properly clothe her. "Was she outside? Don't tell me she made it all the way outside as well. I haven't put sunscreen on her today." While he could still feel the tension in the air, Sacha was much to preoccupied in the safety of his cat to pay too much attention to it.

wearing
@Tamsin Kapustina

--------------------
user posted image user posted image10/04/17user posted image
PMEmail
^
Tamsin Kapustina
 Posted: Jul 27 2017, 03:08 PM

"symbols of infinity"

YEAR:
Sixth
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
Neutral
HEIGHT:
5'2"
Pureblood

Tamsin Kapustina
© Lyx // they/them

Had it not been for how stressed Tamsin immediately became when her brother was within her line of sight, the situation might have been comical to her. He looked as disheveled as he must have been feeling, and the redhead almost felt bad. For all his faults, Sacha loved his cat more than he disliked most people, and he didn’t ever want harm to come to her. Almost immediately, his focus was on the animal, partly because he’d been so stressed that she disappeared, but probably also partly because the idea of losing her really did send him into a panic.

Raisin’s little chirp as she was scooped up and shifted around so that she could be dressed properly brought a smile to the redhead’s painted lips. “She only made it as far as the Great Hall,” Tamsin informed her brother, biting delicately at the inside of her lip as she tried to figure out how to broach the subject, how to speak to him. It was uncomfortable, the heavy tension in the air, and felt almost like it could be cut with a knife and served up like cake at tea time.

“Idunn has new sweaters for her. She just hasn’t had the chance to get down here to give them to you,” she told him. Their aunt was still not doing well, slipping into misery and anger much the way Sacha was, and she didn’t know how to help either of them at all. You could only flee from your problems so long before everything caught up to you, and maybe that was what this was. “Liza and Kostya are bringing her and Kit to visit this summer. You should come with. We have no plans, aside from hanging out around the manor, but it could be good for you to get a break?” Tam was certain that he would say no, of course, because that was the kind of person that he was, and if she couldn’t get him to visit, then the chance that she could get him to stay in Russia with her was that much more diminished. “Plus, with a name like Sacha, you already fit right in.”

@Alexandre Devereaux

--------------------
PM
^
Alexandre Devereaux
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 05:52 PM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
N/A
HEIGHT:
5' 11"
Pureblood

Alexandre Devereaux
© Kels // she/her

Sacha bit the inside of his cheek to keep himself from saying something he would regret. Only as far as the Great Hall? Only? As if a thousand terrible things couldn't have happened to Raisin between the boy's dorms and the bloody Great Hall. He chose to, instead, say nothing at all. His impulsive words would only make their strained relationship worse.

“Thank you for bringing her back,” Sacha said. He hoped his words sounded genuine even though he could hardly meet his sister's gaze as he spoke them. Well, regardless, he meant them whether she believed him or not.

Ah yes, their aunt. His hands slowed for a moment before going back to wrestling an old Christmas sweater onto Raisin's black, wrinkly skin. The last time he and Idunn spoke was that day at the lake. It felt like a lifetime ago to Sacha, almost as if it had happened to somebody else. Merlin's beard, if only. Perhaps he should speak to her again, given how, well, upsetting their last conversation ended...

It wouldn't happen. But it was a nice thought while it lasted.

However, Sacha did pause when Tamsin mentioned the lot of them going to Russia together. Spending some quality time with his siblings and his aunt Idunn, as tense as things may be, would be...well, nice.

But...

“I...I can't this time,” Sacha said. He watched his sister out of his peripherals, but he couldn't see her face. He supposed he didn't have to. He already knew her eyes would hold a “disappointed but not surprised” look.

“Well, I'm sure you've heard through the vine, but mother believes she has found a family worthy enough to at least meet, and she wants me to be there.” Sacha released Raisin back onto the bed, where she waltzed her way back to Tamsin's side. The Slytherin boy shrugged and looked at his shoes, as if thinking about getting married to some poor girl who was at least as miserable as he was didn't make him want to bury himself alive.

“Most likely they'll run to the hills the moment they realize just what kind of fate they'd be getting their poor daughter into, like all the others.” Though Sacha was not as certain as he'd hoped he sounded. Not to mention the look that would be on Caden's face when Sacha would eventually have to tell him the news.

“They're pureblood, obviously. From Egypt. Father seemed, well, as impressed as father could be, I suppose.”

@Tamsin Kapustina

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Tamsin Kapustina
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 03:17 PM

"symbols of infinity"

YEAR:
Sixth
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
Neutral
HEIGHT:
5'2"
Pureblood

Tamsin Kapustina
© Lyx // they/them

warning for minor flashbacks to childhood abuse in the internal dialogue

“You’re welcome,” she replied, though she kept her green eyes down to her pale legs. He sounded sincere. To someone else, he might have sound dismissive or flippant, but Tam knew her older brother as well as she knew their little brother. He meant it, even if he sounded like an asshole half the time.

The feeling of disappointment, but not surprise. Would it be ridiculously repetitive to say that she wasn’t surprised. The ginger kept the look off of her face, instead maintaining the blank expression that her mother had coached her to hold for years. She wanted, desperately, for Sacha to come with them, because she knew that if Liza and Kostya had their way -and they very well might- none but Idunn would return home. That was only because Maja took good care of her, and now that they had left Talfryn behind, she was much happier.

Raisin announced herself with a cranky sound as she sprang into Tamsin’s lap. Her little claws dug into the girl’s bare legs, pinpricks of red blooming on the snow-white skin. She didn’t so much as flinch, though her posture straightened as though her mother was digging the tip of her wand into the column of her spine. As if she’d turned on a switch triggered by the memory, the scars, no bigger than a cigarette burn might be, began to sting furiously. Her face twitched slightly in discomfort, but she didn’t say anything, one hand cradling the hairless cat carefully as the other began petting.

“If she wants you to be there, then that means that she intends on moving forward,” the middle Devereaux breathed softly, staring at a fixed point and not looking at her brother. In her mind’s eye, she could already see her brother falling apart after telling Caden that they could no longer be together, and she could see the way that her friend would shatter. One didn’t have to be a seer for that; their closeness was going to kill them if they weren’t careful, and even if they were, it was going to kill them otherwise. Her nose wrinkled at the mention of their father, the girl physically biting her tongue to keep from letting biting remarks leaving her rosy lips. She didn’t think highly of either of their parents, but where their mother was a monster, their father was her spineless henchperson, and even that wasn’t fair to Guillaume.

Some part of her wondered if he hoped, as much as her children had when they were young, that if they played her game, they would be allowed to be happy and free.

“The offer still stands, any time you feel like you want to come see us.” I want to take Kit, she wanted to say. I’m going to take Kit. Have you noticed his compulsions are getting worse? Have you noticed he's spiraling like I was? Have you noticed anything? “Liza and Kostya were always rather fond of you, you know.”

@Alexandre Devereaux

--------------------
PM
^
Alexandre Devereaux
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 03:12 PM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
N/A
HEIGHT:
5' 11"
Pureblood

Alexandre Devereaux
© Kels // she/her

She intends on moving forward.

The statement made bile tickle the back of Sacha's throat, but he swallowed the urge to vomit. The Slytherin boy had been in denial about it all. Despite their mother's threats against the muggle-born, Sacha had allowed Caden to worm his way into his cold, seemingly dead heart.

Well, if it wasn't dead yet, it would be within the year. Regina would make sure of it.

The thought made Sacha's body ache all over. A small part of him wished he had never met Caden to begin with. You can't miss something you never had. Can't get your heart broken if you never gave it away in the first place.

His throat clicked when he swallowed again, throat dry as a desert. That same small part of him reminded that he did, in fact, know a spell that would solve that little problem.

But the way Caden smiled up at him with flashing colored lights illuminating his face? They way those same lights made his blue eyes sparkle in the night? The absolute pride in his eyes? Nobody had ever looked at Sacha with pride before. At least, not the way Caden did.

Not with love.

How selfish of the Devereaux heir to want to keep that all to himself. How selfish of him to want to remember it all, even though it would leave him screaming on the inside for the rest of his life.

"Liza and Kostya are good people," Sacha said with little emotion. He was far away, now. In a future that wasn't real, but inevitable. "Tell them I said thank you for the offer. I'll be sure to take them up on it someday."

He doubted it would ever come. But like many things, it was nice to think about.

@Tamsin Kapustina

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Tamsin Kapustina
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 04:11 PM

"symbols of infinity"

YEAR:
Sixth
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
Neutral
HEIGHT:
5'2"
Pureblood

Tamsin Kapustina
© Lyx // they/them

Yelizaveta wouldn’t take kindly to Sacha’s declining the invitation. For that matter, neither would Konstantin. Neither of her parents were particularly fond of her birth family, but the love that they held for her brothers was legendary.

Tamsin could feel her back tensing again, her hand stilling on Raisin’s tummy. The cat chirped in distaste, her meow not quite a squeak, but certainly not a full blown vocalization. She could sense that things weren’t okay between the siblings, but it didn’t take animal intuition to see that they hadn’t been family for years now.

“They’re offering sanctuary, Sacha,” she said finally, her tone almost pleading. “You snapped at me, months ago, when I gave Regina’s emerald earrings to a muggleborn to wear to a ball. You said that-” the words still made her so angry, but if the tables were turned, she would have said the same thing. “You said that we can’t all just cut our hair and change our names and be free, and I think that’s bullshit.”

She stood, knowing that he would pull away from her touch but touching anyway, her small hands finding his face in an echo of their childhood love, the way that they’d cared so deeply for each other before their mother forced them apart, crushed everything that now they fought to protect in Christophe. It was different from when they were little. Sacha was much taller than she was now, a whole nine inches taller; his jaw was more defined under her delicate fingers, his pretty blue eyes much colder, something almost dead about them, but the ghostly echo of the happy children they were still reflected there just the same.“You could come with us for the holiday and just not go back. We’ll take you, and we’ll take Kit. Home will actually be a home, you could have a family again. You’ll have people who are so proud of the man you’ve grown up to be in the short time that they’ve had the pleasure of knowing you, people that want you to become so much greater.”

“I know that you’re mad because I left. I know that you distance yourself from me and lash out at me because you’re bitter and angry, and it hurts,” she told him. “But I’m not going to stop fighting for you. That’s the thing about getting away. You go back to get the people you left behind. Just… stop telling me no, please. Just come with me. Pack a bag, take Kit, and just go.”

Tamsin was absolutely pleading her big brother at this point, and she knew that even as the tears started to well up, it wouldn’t do her any good. She was going to lose him the same way that Caden was, and it wouldn’t hurt any less the second time around.

@Alexandre Devereaux

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png Avalon a Panfandom RP Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8 The Beginning A Change of Heart Storybrooke War Is Brewing Forum Roleplay Site A BRILLIANT MAGIC Ascension Of Darkness DW

AUTUMN 2017
Welcome to Wizarding Realm! We are an alternate universe Harry Potter site set in the present day at Hogwarts. All of our lovely students are back from their summer terms refreshed and (hopefully) ready to buckle down for classes. Join us! :D Please Register using Proper Case!!
BE A LIGHT TO EACH OTHER ♥