izarding
izarding
Realm
Realm
It's summertime in Scotland; the weather has begun to clear, and the flowers are in full bloom! Now is a time for bonfires, stargazing and long nights spent with friends and family! Welcome to Wizarding Realm- an AU Harry Potter role play set in current day hogwarts!
WR
Pages: (49) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

---> ANNOUNCEMENTS
Kendall · 16 · 6th · Cupcake Faction - Leader · halfblood · 5'7"
Gryffindor Elite
Awards:
Awards: 14

Jun 17 2012, 09:52 PM   Link Quote
Let the Games Begin!

The debate for the Minister of Magic elections has officially begun! Our oh-so-fabulous-and-wonderful-and-totally-awesome-supermegafoxyawesomehot moderator, Julius Sparkson, will be leading the debate with our three candidates: Balthazar Harkonen, Kieran Sawyer, and Landon Hastings. Over the next few weeks, the candidates will be responding to a series of questions that pertain to the wizarding world.

Make sure you keep track of what all is going on, because in the end - one of these people will be your Minister of Magic [in the Clash years, of course]. Huzzah huzzah!

Look for all the details: HEEEEERE!

--------------------
polaroids and glitter in our hair
-running through sprinklers and nights at the state fair-
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

KENDALL IS MY HOMIE, YO. SHE'S TASTIER THAN RAINBOWS AND ALSO QUITE AWESOMESAUCE. /ninja!alice
Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Jun 20 2012, 07:47 PM   Link Quote
Witty Title About Ranks!
    Just a quick note to let you guys know that the ranking forum has re-opened. I know a lot of you have been waiting anxiously for this moment and are ready - or almost ready - to put your apps up to be reviewed. Please have some patience with staff. We'll get them done as quickly as possible, but there are only a few of us and many, many more of you. Reviews take time to do, so just... be patient and all that. <333 If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me or another staffer!

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

KENDALL IS MY HOMIE, YO. SHE'S TASTIER THAN RAINBOWS AND ALSO QUITE AWESOMESAUCE. /ninja!alice
Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Jun 24 2012, 01:51 PM   Link Quote
A Note About Posting!

Everyone needs to make sure they read the announcement about posts - CLICK HERE!. It's an important note regarding some habits we've seen developing on site that we would like to see remedied. If you're still confused, don't hesitate to ask a staffer! biggrin.gif

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

ALICE · 17 · 7TH · CUPCAKE · SINGLE · 5'0
Headmistress
Awards:
Awards: 9

Jun 26 2012, 12:38 AM   Link Quote
STAFF CHANGES !

Hello loves! Amber who plays the lovely Kieran Sawyer and Chuck who plays the dastardly Balthazar Harkonen have both decided to step down from their positions on staff. They were a delight to work with and they will both be missed. <33 BUT THEY WILL STILL BE AROUND THE SITE, so make sure to go plot with them and all of that jazz. :3 Katie has been promoted to Head Boy / Administrator with Max Auctherlony, so ickle firsties beware... another slytherin has taken on the role of head boy. Congrats, Katie!

--------------------

KT · · 7th · Viridian Guild - Leader · ·
Slytherin Intermediate
Awards:
Awards: 2

Jul 1 2012, 10:31 PM   Link Quote
camp hogwarts!
summer site wide!

This summer, the staff has worked on something very special for you! Camp Hogwarts! A camp located in the Forest of Dean for the students of Hogwarts. Camp shall run from July 9 and run for 2 weeks. The forum will remain open for some time afterward though.

Cabin sign-ups will run tonight until July 7 at 11:59 pm CST. Staff will assign cabins Sunday and post them so that plotting can take place. More details will follow this week, so keep your eyes peeled! It's going to be a great time!

Ready to sign up? Head on over here!

--------------------
user posted image
Headmistress
Awards:

Jul 9 2012, 04:48 PM   Link Quote
camp hogwarts!
summer site wide!

Sign-ups are now closed and the cabin lists have been posted! Aren't you excited? I know I am! ;D So go check them out!

Also make sure to check the plotting post for your specific cabin - this post contains the prompt that you and your cabin buddies can utilize to make epic, awesomesauce things happen. Use that topic to plot everything out!

So go go go go go go go go! Did I mention that you should hop to it?

--------------------

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Jul 11 2012, 07:09 PM   Link Quote
ch-ch-changes!
staff update!

Our beautiful and wonderful GLOMP Squad member, Steph (aka James Callum-Monroe) has been promoted to the SMOOSH Brigade! Everyone give her lots of hugs and snuggles and tell her CONGRATULATIONS because she's supermegafoxyawesomehot!!! <333

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Jul 16 2012, 08:22 AM   Link Quote
ch-ch-changes!
staff update!

If you see our lovely Kimmy (Brianna Cortez) in her Hufflepuff yellow, DON'T PANIC. Seriously - didn't I tell you to always bring your towel? Kimmy is taking a hiatus from staff as she focuses her attention on school and such, but she'll be returning to us soon enough! If she'll have us... <333

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Steph · 18 · 7th · Dead · Single · 5 ft. 11 in.
Gryffindor Intermediate
Awards:
Awards: 53

Aug 1 2012, 01:39 PM   Link Quote
CBOX REMINDER

Just a quick reminder. We've noticed lately there's been some bending/breaking of the cbox rules, so as a reminder: Please do not spam the cbox. This means please post no more than 3 times in a row. If you need a refresher, you can read the rules for the cbox in the RULES AND GUIDELINES. This isn't directed at anyone in particular, just a general reminder for everybody. (:

--------------------
user posted image
Jinx is perfection.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
5/6/15
Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Aug 18 2012, 12:10 AM   Link Quote
now you're just somebody
that i used to know

Staff is currently working on updating the Avatar Claim, just so you guys know. PLEASE REMEMBER that being online and posting in the OOC forum are not enough to keep hold of your claim - you need to be posting in actual roleplay threads and participating in character, otherwise you may lose your PB claim.

Donald!Edit: Keep in mind, this goes for clash as well. If you have a different playby or clash only, we'll be looking at that list as well. :3

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Headmistress
Awards:

Aug 26 2012, 06:27 PM   Link Quote
staff search, yo!
get in that app~

We are now accepting staff applications! We'd love to know who is interested in joining our team and can't wait to see the response. (:

If you are interested, please send Alice, Kendall, or Katie a PM to let us know! Please include why you think you would be a good fit, your previous staff experience (if any), and anything else you think we should know.

--------------------

Steph · 18 · 7th · Dead · Single · 5 ft. 11 in.
Gryffindor Intermediate
Awards:
Awards: 53

Aug 29 2012, 10:05 AM   Link Quote
End of Term Reminders

Summer Term ends August 31. That's only 2 days away! So, if you haven't yet, you should head over to the HOUSE POINTS thread and submit your threads/owls/rank ups so they can be counted and all that. GO GRYFFINDOR Remember that you can only submit threads/etc. that were started after June 1! Also, you can submit threads even if they aren't finished yet, and/or unlikely to be finished before term ends. As long as they meet the date requirement, they are eligible for house points!

FOAs - We won't be having FOAs this term, as staff is currently working on updating them and making sure they stay spiffy and awesome for everybody. Never fear! They will be coming back! In the meantime, keep doing all the awesome things you do to get ready for the next nominations. (;

If you have any questions/comments/concerns, about house points, FOAs, or anything else about wurr, feel free to PM any staff member!

--------------------
user posted image
Jinx is perfection.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
5/6/15
Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Aug 30 2012, 07:21 PM   Link Quote
the search is on
staff wanted!

We are now accepting staff applications! We'd love to know who is interested in joining our team and can't wait to see the response. (:

If you are interested, please send Alice, Kendall, or Katie a PM to let us know! Please include why you think you would be a good fit, your previous staff experience (if any), and anything else you think we should know.

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Headmistress
Awards:

Aug 31 2012, 07:19 PM   Link Quote
a whole new world
a dazzling staff that's now brand new

Please join me in welcoming Kelsey (Aeryn Weldon) & Jinx (Jackson Lyons) to our staff team as glomp squad members! We know they will do fantastic, so make sure to say congrats if you see them around! (:

Also join me in thanking Donald (Landon Hastings) for his time and contributions to staff! He is stepping down for the time being since he's a lucky duck and gets to go study abroad and experience all the awesomeness of that. *so jealous*

And of course there is the new skin I'm sure you've noticed by now! : D If you have any issues or notice that anything is amiss, let me know by posting in the thread in the grab bag that is designated for such things.

--------------------

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Aug 31 2012, 07:38 PM   Link Quote
teacher's pet
i wanna be teacher's pet

AUTUMN IS A TIME FOR CHANGE.

LEAVES CHANGE.

WEATHER CHANGES.

CHILDREN CHANGE FROM HAPPY SUMMER KIDS TO SAD AND MOPEY SCHOOLMATES.

AND WURR CHANGES.

In addition to everything else, it's time to announce our WONDERFUL prefects for fall term! Please congratulate them and shower them with snuggles and cupcakes.

Gryffindor: Alice Wilde
Hufflepuff: Lavinia Evander
Ravenclaw: Lucus Earl
Slytherin: Leo Hartman

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Sep 1 2012, 10:52 PM   Link Quote
we are the champions
of the WURRLD

All the house points have been tallied up and the winner by 55 points is none other than SLYTHERIN with 1013 points! These guys haven't won the house cup in awhile, but due to their sheer AWESOMENESS and dedication to the site, they pulled in a big win for summer term. Seriously, you guys are pretty awesome!!! Winning means that - along with bragging rights - you get posting access in the Chamber of Erised. What will your snakey student find lurking in the mirror's reflection? Hmmm...? Better go find out!

...and in SECOND place...Gryffindor with 958 points!
...and in THIRD place...Ravenclaw with 813 points!
...and in FOURTH place...Hufflepuff with 734 points!

Congratulations on an INCREDIBLE term, everyone. You guys are absolutely the best! <333

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Sep 9 2012, 07:41 PM   Link Quote
london calling
i was there, too

At some point in the near future, staff is going to be rolling out some fun stuff for Clash, and we wanted to make sure that we gave everyone a proper warning. To take part of the awesomeness that is the Clash, you need to make sure your characters are registered, and that way, when the times comes, you'll be able to take part in all the happenings that the staff has planned!

Not familiar with the Clash? No problem! Check out the Everything Clash forum for all your Clashy needs. Make sure to read the plot and faction descriptions, and then the rules to joining up!

We want lots and lots of members and characters to be involved, so now is a great time to sign up if you haven't already!

If you have ANY questions, shoot a PM to one of the staffers! <3

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Sep 15 2012, 01:50 PM   Link Quote
ch-ch-changes
time may change me

So we've got some more staff-related announcements comin' at'cha. First of all, Katie has decided to step down from her place on staff so she can focus a bit more on a particularly stressful time of her life - FINAL YEAR OF UNDERGRAD! But don't worry, she's not disappearing from WURR! But we would like to thank her for her incredible dedication to making WURR and awesome, inviting place! She became part of staff just over a year ago, and she's put in a LOT of work, so everyone make sure to love and snuggle her when she's around in the cbox. smile.gif

For that reason, Max Auctherlony will be coming back to you guys in his rightful shade of Slytherin green... So staff is pleased to announce that Aeryn Weldon will be taking over the position of Head Boy!

But wait - there's more!

Our GLOMPers, Jinx (Jackson Lyons) and Kelsey (Aeryn Weldon) have been absolutely phenomenal as new staffers, so we are also happy to announce that they have been promoted to SMOOSH-level staff! You'll find Jackson in a particularly lovely shade of sky SMOOSH blush, and Aeryn in his Head Boy purple!

Love and snuggles to all! <333

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Sep 30 2012, 02:40 PM   Link Quote
Ranking Announcement!
those magic changes

A decision was made by the admins that members must now wait ONE MONTH from the time the last review is posted (whether it is approved or denied) before you can reapply. Honestly, two weeks is almost never enough time to develop and grow your character sufficiently to move up in the ranks. And that's what the system is about. It's about growth and discovery, not just a matter of having the correct number of threads and a profile revision. It takes work.

That said - if you were told in your most recent ranking that you should wait two weeks, and you think you will be ready to reapply after two weeks from the final review, you will still be allowed to do that since these changes were just made.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or Alice (Blyssenor Wright)! <333

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

Gryffindor Elite
Awards:

Oct 6 2012, 10:53 PM   Link Quote
the leader of the pack
new man in charge

You guys may remember that over the summer we had an election going on for Minister of Magic. The candidates were Landon Hastings and Kieran Sawyer. Due to unforeseen circumstances (aka life, family, and work all going crazy), things kind of slowed down, and recently have been at a complete stop.

Though we didn't get to take it as far as we originally planned, we decided to go ahead and move forward. I am pleased to announce that KIERAN SAWYER will be your new Minister of Magic (in Clash years, obviously) and Landon Hastings will be serving as his second in command. I know we can all look forward to some awesome plotting that will come out of this! And be on the look out for the upcoming Clash event. If you don't have your characters in Clash, start considering putting together your apps! biggrin.gif

--------------------
you're my favorite
(if I had to choose)

user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (49) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

ADMIN MOD