House points
Gryffindor
Hufflepuff
Ravenclaw
Slytherin
Head Students
Prefects
of the months

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Moving on, Quinlan/Aki
Quinlan Bemus
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 03:20 AM

"[HIATUS] Can I really do something about this?"

YEAR:
Fifth
HOUSE:
Gryffindor
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'8
Half-Blood
Rep: 0 pts [ + | - ]

Quinlan Bemus
© Tyler // He, Him, They
Awards: 15

The young Gryffindor entered the communal room, surprised to see that it wasn't too loud, yet there were conversations going on within the vicinity. It was as if the perfect class setting for any class to be in, actually. He walked slowly and tried looking for a table with no one sitting on the chairs. After waiting a few minutes, a group of Ravenclaws with a Hufflepuff alongside them made their way to the exit as Quinlan took over the table, claiming it for himself.

He sat down and propped his bag off of him, carefully making sure he was careful not to put pressure on his wounds. The inside of his wounds still felt tender, but to him, it felt like it was fully healed. The Madam, taking extra precaution, bandaged his wounds and directed him to apply heat so as to aid the natural healing of it. 'Even magic can't cure things in an instant', she heard her voice speak into his head. He shook it off, opening up his red book of quirks and things that interest him.

His mind couldn't help but wonder the night it happened. Flashes of the Skrewt and his burnt hand; him rolling down the drop--it was all too much. Quinlan shook his head, hoping to literally shake off the thought, like a monkey that wouldn't let go. He sighed before attempting to read his 'research notebook' trying to remind himself of other things to deviate his mind going in dark places.

- - - - -
@Aki Sei

--------------------
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
HIATUS NOTICE
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

QUINLAN BEMUS
{ wear }

"The House of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries." Will you continue that tradition?

PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 04:34 AM

""Where am I needed?" - Soraka"

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)
Rep: 21 pts [ + | - ]

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them
Awards: 42

Opening the door to the communal wasn't very hard unless you had a mountain of books on your arms, Aki was glad she had one hand with her wand ready as she could just charm the door to open for her. The girl barely saw where she was coming through but still managed to find a seat. Not very keen with crowds, she was glad that the room wasn't too occupied at this time of the semester, Quidditch season was coming and she had to be busy looking for spells and potions she can add into her arsenal. Two of her friends were playing and she was sure she did not want any problems to befall the two.

Setting the various books aside, it was a peculiar bunch of books as at least half of them were muggle medical books. The books looked worn and seen much researching. There were bookmarks of various shapes and sizes on them and pieces of paper in between most pages. The difference between the muggle books and the medical wizarding books were that these were quite clean, Aki had taken the books from the library a few times but always kept them in pristine condition. So as to be able to be used by the next person borrowing them.

She loved cross referencing on both muggle and wizarding healing methods, as some of the scientific methods can be used in magic too.

One particular thing caught her sight, it was the boy who she recognized from Madam Breen's hospital clinic, she had only seen the boy once but she was sure of it. Moved by a little curiosity and concern she began to ask, "U-um, how are your wounds? I'm glad y-you're alright. P-please do be careful." her voice was clear but almost silent, if not for the lack of chatter in the room, one may as well have missed her speaking.

~~~
@Quinlan Bemus

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

Playing duck duck user posted image since March 3, 2017

Workshop - Tracker - Wand

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail
^
Quinlan Bemus
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 04:59 AM

YEAR:
Fifth
HOUSE:
Gryffindor
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'8
Half-Blood

Quinlan Bemus
© Tyler // He, Him, They

Quinlan looked towards the voice upon hearing it, a voice, asking him if he was alright. As his head did turn, he saw a girl around his age, possibly a student from his year--he wasn't sure. It had been a while since he was in the hospital wing and it felt great to be out of it. Yet, the girl seemed to know that Quinlan had been there recently. Was she a stalker? Perhaps someone who just happen to pass by his wing and remembered his face? He couldn't tell.

He tried his best to smile, but a rather straight face was only mustered. "I-i'm feeling alright," Quinlan responded to the question, looking at the girl quite cautiously. Closing his book, he looked away and thought for himself if he was actually going to say what he was going to say next, "I'm sorry, but I'm just curious as to how you know that I was in the hospital wing." his lips pursed, still keeping a straight face. He could see that the girl was carrying a load full of books--a little too much for even one person to handle. Quinlan was surprised to see that she had been able to carry a lot from wherever the girl may have come from. He again tried smiling at the young girl's sight; it seemed that she was quite studious for a Hufflepuff, which crest he now noticed after the girl was actually quite close to him.

With a flick of his wand directing to the books, they all levitated nicely and stacked into groups of four which made the mountain full of books seemed like hill sized piles. He offered to her the other side of the table seeing that the girl probably needed a place to study. He just hoped he wasn't crossing too many boundaries.

"You seem like you need a place to study. I don't mind if you use the other side of the table." he now managed to get a smile out, seeing that he was situated on the other side and only took two seats; one for himself and one for his bag.

- - - - -
@Aki Sei

--------------------
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
HIATUS NOTICE
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

QUINLAN BEMUS
{ wear }

"The House of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries." Will you continue that tradition?

PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 05:19 AM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them

"I-I'm glad." she managed to say, it was only recent that she had confidence in herself to talk to other people and it felt just right that she had asked. Maybe she had found another friend considering out of her five years she only had made two. Which to one of her friends was not enough for both friends were in their last years of school.

She didn't get as much to think of until the boy spoke and asked a question she was not expecting. She did not pause for a minute as it was a genuine question towards her, of course, she had to reply earnestly as the other questions she had answered before.

"I dropped by the Hospital Wing a few days ago to see how it worked, you see, quidditch season is coming and I wanted to get ready for possible casualties."

As the Gryffindor had offered part of his table and helped her with her books, she smiled, "Thank you for your help, although you shouldn't have, I wouldn't want to intrude in your study.

She had almost forgotten, that shaking hands and telling the receiver your name is basic social custom. She held out her hand to the boy and introduced herself, "My name is Aki Sei. 5th Year, Hufflepuff. Very nice to meet you."

~~~
@Quinlan Bemus

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Quinlan Bemus
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 05:45 AM

YEAR:
Fifth
HOUSE:
Gryffindor
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'8
Half-Blood

Quinlan Bemus
© Tyler // He, Him, They

He nodded, almost as an act of acknowledging her answer and that it was acceptable to him; otherwise, it might have been a different scenario. As Quinlan observed the young girl, he concluded for himself that she wasn't a person that would be mischievous or would even get into trouble. She seemed lax, but not in a cool, collected manner, but in a slow...way.

Quinlan shook his head then motioned with his hand an offering gesture as his hands were right next to each other and gently parted to the opposite ends. "No, don't worry about it. I'm just thankful that I didn't have a lot to catch up on. You won't be bothering me." 'I think.' he couldn't bring to say those last two words out, but he was about to trust his instincts on this one.

"So you were there at the Hospital Wing when I was there, huh?"

Looking at the pile of books, Quinlan's curiosity rose upon seeing some muggle books. The young Gryffindor, of course, was quite acquainted with muggle books as being raised in a half-magical family, the Bemus family spared no knowledge away from the children if they knew that it would be for their benefit. He was surprised to see some medical books. Quite advanced, but he was not one to judge.

"I was just lucky I didn't get burned to death. The burns sustained from a Skrewt feels like it's the worst, for me. The Extract of Dittany I also picked procured was of great help." he swished his wand at his book, before turning into its blue leather bound notebook that read 'Quinlan Bemus' Personal Research. He flicked onto a few pages, confirming for himself the notes were written correctly and to make any changes if necessary.

- - - - -
@Aki Sei

--------------------
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
HIATUS NOTICE
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

QUINLAN BEMUS
{ wear }

PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 06:09 AM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them

"Oh, yes, I was looking around for any chance to help but I wasn't one of the tenders so I just had a small tour," she said remembering her trip. "You seemed so pained, it was quite a scene. I wanted to help but I wasn't allowed to do so. I'm very sorry."

Aki sat down on the chair opposite Quinlian, she opened one of the large medical books and it showed a hefty amount of notes on paper upon paper, advanced information on mostly diagnostics that pertained to organs. The other books were almost the same only that there were some for bone constructions, in the case of broken bones, some of them about head trauma and the like. It was basically as if she was running a diagnostics clinic herself.

She wrote a note on a blank space of note paper just beside the page she was glancing on, 'Organ Failure due to Trauma'. Her handwriting was the same as all the notes in the books.

"I know someone who can help you about potions, he often teaches me on them and I teach him about medical knowledge at times." she added.

Taking her wand out she gestured a small accio for a magical book on internal magical aids.

~~~
@Quinlan Bemus

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Quinlan Bemus
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 06:33 AM

YEAR:
Fifth
HOUSE:
Gryffindor
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'8
Half-Blood

Quinlan Bemus
© Tyler // He, Him, They

"Sorry. I'm Quinlan." It seemed like the moment was passed, but he took out his hand to grab hers and shake her hand as a sign of acknowledgment of the girl. "Quinlan Bemus."

"Was I really that bad?" he looked at the girl, slightly in a wince-like manner almost like he couldn't believe that he would be in so much pain. His eyes focused on the girl as he was wondering why would any girl seem to be quite worried about him? He had no friends, nothing special, maybe his interest in his 'own research' but otherwise, he was pretty much a loser. "Huh..." he thought to himself, really wondering if the girl was telling the truth or if she was just lying.

His thoughts were broken as he observed the girl open the medical books and start taking notes. Quinlan looked over at her side of the table and he read the words "Organ Failure." Now he was trying his hardest if there was anything he remembered about biology, one subject that muggles seemed fascinated by learning by. His eyes lit up, almost like he would be of help to her.

"I'm not sure if you are already aware. Okay, from what I understand about the muggle biology, when it comes to organ failure, the one that can be problematic seems to be the heart."

"Buuuuut..." he continued, trying tp remember what it was he learned from the book. "You can restart your heart again by using a powerful lightning spell, not enough to kill them, but to almost give the heart a quick spark to start it running." his eyes now wondering if that was correction or he was just saying nonsense.

- - - - - -
@Aki Sei

--------------------
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
HIATUS NOTICE
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

QUINLAN BEMUS
{ wear }

PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 06:58 AM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them

Aki was thrilled of the boy's reaction to her handshake, the second handshake she has gotten since she started studying in Hogwarts. She was happy that she was connecting, finally.

"Ms. Breen said you would be fine, maybe it's just that I don't like it when people are hurt. You see, my aunt is a doctor, she runs the Diagnostics Wing in Royal London Teaching Hospital. And I would often see very curious cases when she takes me."

She had opened her next book to reference for it when the boy had mentioned the heart. She looked up from her book and giggled a bit before talking again.

"You are absolutely right." she smiled, "Although, the heart is the most important part, there are also other organs one can't live without."

Taking out a piece of parchment she drew a heart, a brain, and lungs.

"These three are the big three, heart, brain, and lungs. If one of these ceases to function, one would die within seconds, and yes a small contained lightning spell will do the trick. You know quite a bit of medical information." she praised.

Looking down at her drawings she had stopped for a bit before continuing, "But there are things that can't be fixed by using a single spell, a combination of spells and added attention to each part of the body with information on how a health problem comes to, if by any chance a lightning spell backfires it can affect the muscular system and some functions in the brain as we have electricity built in out brains."

She felt a little sad as she put her quill down, "A lot of things can happen during quidditch, one might hit their head and bash their skull in, one may take a bludger to the stomach, break ribs, may leak blood into punctured lungs or worse a damaged heart." she began to tear up a bit but she recovered almost instantly.

"But that's why I'm trying to learn," she picked up her pen again, "So I can try and help people without having them endure so much pain."

She then started to speak in a whispering voice that only the two of them can hear, "Witches don't really use anesthesia. They really should sometimes."

~~~
@Quinlan Bemus

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Quinlan Bemus
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 10:08 PM

YEAR:
Fifth
HOUSE:
Gryffindor
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'8
Half-Blood

Quinlan Bemus
© Tyler // He, Him, They

Hearing the young badger's talk of medical terms reminded quite a lot of Quinlan's childhood. He could remember his mother and father when they were out and about in the muggle world describing to him and his siblings of the various gadgets and instruments the muggles would use to make life more convenient. All of the muggle's contraptions were just the equivalent of magic to him. If a certain spell did something that was of use to witches and wizards, Quinlan would correlate that with muggles creating machines and devices to create the same effect. He was brought back to reality as he saw the young girl shed a tear and wondering for himself, 'She must be passionate about what she does.'

"I agree with you on using anesthesia." Quinlan nodded as pointed his index finger up at the ceiling, about to interject, "But, its what makes a witch and wizard's will stronger. And we have a larger pain threshold." He chuckled; it felt nice for Quinlan being able to laugh again. It seemed like pieces of himself were coming back slowly stumbling upon the Hufflepuff.

He propped himself up, nodding and quite moved by the young girl's desire to want to help others in that manner.

"I'm quite interested in what you do, Aki. I'm being reminded of a lot of things from my childhood."

He flicked onto his research book, writing up a new section in a new page, 'Medicine Magic.'

"This might just be my opinion, but hear me out." Quinlan showed to her the heading he had just written.

"Like the muggle world, much of the wizarding world's history has been lost due to war, bloodshed and many other things." He paused, the Gryffindor's eyes lighting up with excitement.

"There could only be two things to this. Either some of these knowledge has been lost through history and we need to discover it again, or it is something the wizarding world doesn't know about and it is up to people to find out these things." He smiled, leaning closer to the badger girl.

- - - - - -
@Aki Sei

--------------------
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
HIATUS NOTICE
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

QUINLAN BEMUS
{ wear }

PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 12:07 AM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them

Aki, seeing what the boy wrote for a heading made her smile.

"That's wonderful!" the girl said astounded at how the boy had responded, it wasn't every day that she had met someone with the same views, although to her the boy was more scientifical than anything. She felt as though she was different still, as the boy seemed to know little about muggle medical instruments. "If you have anything you'd like to know about muggle equipment in hospitals I can't help you with that," she added.

She also giggled at the boy's remark towards anesthesia. "Wizards and witches are so strong," she commented.

Continuing with her books, she slowly turned pages, "Do you often experiment on magical herbs and potions?" she asked, making another conversation topic as she was intrigued with what the boy was studying.

@Quinlan Bemus

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Quinlan Bemus
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 12:18 PM

YEAR:
Fifth
HOUSE:
Gryffindor
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'8
Half-Blood

Quinlan Bemus
© Tyler // He, Him, They

"Oh I have no idea of how muggle's medical contraptions work. I've barely gone to a muggle hospital as well." He replied, chuckling at the girl and wondered what could be going on her mind--what was she seeing Quinlan to be? What was she inferring in her mind about meeting him as she spoke to the young badger before her? He was intrigued but he wasn't an Empath nor someone who practiced Legilimency. In his mind he saw himself shrug it off.

He shook his head while he continued to listen to her speak out her opinion in response to anesthesia. "I mean it would make sense." He stared at her before continuing, "Plus, since we don't know the medical properties of it, it could interfere with the effects of potions or concoctions we normally would use." He smiled, looking rather content at his comment.

Upon being asked about herbs and potions, his eyes brightened a little bit. The young Gryffindor had a bit of a mental debate in his head, wondering if it would be a good idea to share the knowledge he possessed, but seeing Aki and feeling her passion to help others captured the lion's trust. He turned to his book under Herbology and turned to a sketch of a vial that had the heading 'Extract of Dittany'. It had been fully sketched out and had the notes filled in concerning the medicinal plant.

"I don't know if this might interest you, but this is the reason why I was at the hospital wing."

- - - - - -
@Aki Sei

--------------------
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
HIATUS NOTICE
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

QUINLAN BEMUS
{ wear }

PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 01:20 PM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them

The girl peered into the boy's journal, it wasn't every day that she saw a well-organized journal, aside from her aunt's and for a certain Gryffindor friend, Dmitri Haag. She, unfortunately, was not a journal type of girl, she was more of a book references so she put in sticky notes and bookmarks on all her medical and magical books. This helped her in her studies as opposed to having too many books around when she did not need them.

Seeing the header be of Dittany,"Did you know you can use the Tergeo spell to further purify dittany? You can use it to specifically gather the pure essence from its raw essence." There she was again with her unconventional use of various spells, To be honest, the essence of dittany was basically liquid form more or less and tergeo certainly was a spell that worked with it. She hadn't really tried it before but she knew it would work somehow. And if not all the more reason to not give up and try again to the girl.

Aki perked up a little as she remembered the boy's injuries. She didn't want to be rude so she started with a, "You're on bandages for your wounds, if I'm correct? Is it alright if I saw them?" She was concerned more than curious at this point.

"Madam Nora advised you to keep them warm. It may be spring but the wind is still very cold."

~~~
@Quinlan Bemus

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Quinlan Bemus
 Posted: Mar 10 2017, 12:06 AM

YEAR:
Fifth
HOUSE:
Gryffindor
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'8
Half-Blood

Quinlan Bemus
© Tyler // He, Him, They

Quinlan chuckled at the rather absurd but I genius comment of the young badger purifying the essence of anything--Dittany for that matter. Despite this though, he made a mental note of it to try out, making sure he had an extra extract, just in case it failed to do so. He gave a nod to her rather coolly, "That could be interesting to find out."

His mind wandered on other things he could research upon, like other plants that would usually draw on its extract--maybe mandrakes next time? His thoughts were broken as the girl piped up all of a sudden, inquiring of his wounds.

He placed his bandaged arm on the table, clearly still in its healing process. Boy did Quinlan felt relieved when his arm wasn't missing any bones. He thought of how it would've been like if someone else found him? Or if he wasn't taken straight away to the hospital wing? Someone stupid know-it-all could've cast a Brackium Emendo spell and that might not turn out well. He shuddered at his thoughts and focused t back on the young badger girl who was before him.

"Yeah. Whenever it gets cold, I would cast bluebell flames in a jar and run it around my bandaged arm. That way it keeps warm." He paused, now in thought, "I wonder if there's a spell that can regulate temperature. I mean, those greenhouses must be enchanted in some way." He commented, thinking that it might be the next discovery for him.

"That could help in medicine and in other areas of the world. Not just the wizarding world, but maybe the muggles too."

- - - - -
@Aki Sei

--------------------
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
HIATUS NOTICE
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

QUINLAN BEMUS
{ wear }

PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 10 2017, 01:33 AM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them

Aki smiled at the Gryffindor. "There is one spell I learned from a friend while I was skating in the Frozen lake back in the Chalet not very long ago, it must have been around almost a month ago, and the same spell was used in Ms. Dubois' Defense Against the Dark Arts Class earlier this month." she flicked her wand carefully and skillfully at the boy's bandages, chanting, "Minora Callesca."

The spell was for a minor heating charm, she had heard and learned from Emil Madeline and Ms. Dubois. "It's supposed to be Callesco, but the spell is too hot for articles of clothing. I had Dmitri help me modify it to become a gentler spell, he offered to be the one to receive my tries on each chant and swish of a wand, it took us the whole afternoon and some cooling charms and a lot of water to help him hydrated, I did not really like how he just took everything, especially with potions, he always used himself as a test subject." the girl smiled and chuckled, "He always came to me, though, he always said I was the best doctor in Hogwarts. I doubt it but he's been a very good friend."

The effects of the heating charm Minora Callesca was that it warms up a small piece or article of clothing or objects, in this case, she used it on Quinlan's bandages.

"It wears off after a few hours but it's better than rolling a jar over it and risking getting hurt if you apply too much pressure."

Aki was no charms master, she saved that title to Dmitri, his friend was always there to teach her about different things that most Hogwarts students didn't know, mostly because he was adventurous enough to actually find new things himself. Besides, she wanted to fulfil Dmitri's vision of her being the best Healer he's ever met.

~~~
@Quinlan Bemus

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Quinlan Bemus
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 03:29 AM

YEAR:
Fifth
HOUSE:
Gryffindor
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'8
Half-Blood

Quinlan Bemus
© Tyler // He, Him, They

Quinlan quickly felt the effects of the charm, feeling like his bandage was being turned slowly to a roasting fire then afterward, a feeling of constant warmth that was neither too hot nor too cold. He nodded at the results of the charm, almost like a gesture of approval on his part.

"Wow. That actually feels nice." a smile crept on his face. "Thanks, Aki." he turned to the Hufflepuff smiling at her tenderly. "This charm might be helpful to a lot of people especially those who complain about winter getting too cold and not wanting to burn themselves by being next to the fireplace." he let out a chuckle, looking down, then at her again.

"Oh, and I'll remember to cast the spell after a few hours." he grinned.

Quinlan looked back at the main heading he made in his journal, Medicine Magic. He created sub-heading for the three main body parts that Aki had told him about. He thought about Aki and her passion for helping people. He had only met the girl, but a desire to help him was bursting from within.

"Would you be able to tell me everything you know about what you want to achieve with the three vital organs of our bodies?" he thought as he continued to scribble notes already on the journal before continuing "...and what kind of magic do you reckon would be useful?" he smiled as he finished his note-taking, pushing his quill on the page to make a dot. "I have some ideas, but it won't be useful unless someone like you will use it."

- - - - - -
@Aki Sei

--------------------
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
HIATUS NOTICE
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

QUINLAN BEMUS
{ wear }

PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 05:20 AM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them

Someone like her, these were choice words that Aki was less accustomed to. She was always used to being one who blended in with the background as much as she did, as long as someone had more personality than she was. Back when she did not have friends she was always the one to be only there when people need help but almost non-existant when everyone was fine. She was used to this so for someone to say that something can only be done by 'someone like her' was uncommon.

The girl shifted a bit as some weight passed onto her shoulders but it was a weight she would gladly have if that would mean better help for those in need. Her new friend seemed so confident about her skills that she had taken it as a responsibility, and she loved taking them on as long as she knew she was capable enough.

"Well," she started, "I often work with things that already have a flaw in them..."

Diagnostics and Healing, she can never heal a perfectly fine organ but she wanted to at least know more about what to do if something may happen.

"I've seen so many patients from when I was young and most of the time their organs were not functioning right. My aunt would try her best to cure them, it's a long process but it all written in books as I've seen her do it before, countless times."

She was thinking of something, something that her aunt had told her before.

"She said that 'You can find a lot about a patient's condition through their symptoms and create cures from that, but if you make a wrong move everything changes and you're back to square one.'"

~~~
@Quinlan Bemus

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Quinlan Bemus
 Posted: Mar 17 2017, 07:15 AM

YEAR:
Fifth
HOUSE:
Gryffindor
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'8
Half-Blood

Quinlan Bemus
© Tyler // He, Him, They

Quinlan's eyes looked at her intently as he observed the young badger take on his challenge. Of course, it wasn't something he was entirely sure if she could do it, but something within him--perhaps the girl's determination convinced him that with hard work and as she persevered that anything was possible; that was almost certain of the various 'research' that Quinlan himself had conducted. Despite this, it had some catches especially in his most recent one with the Extract of Dittany. It did him much damage, but it didn't dampen the Gryffindor's excitement for discovery.

'Maybe I'm a thrill-seeker.' He chuckled at himself with his thoughts as he continued listening to Aki, explaining to him her current experience as a healer. It was a special feat for someone to have the touch of a healer. Quinlan tried recalling in his mind what the muggles called their healers. 'D-doc-docop--no. Doc--doctor.' He nodded, taking notes down as he mumbled them quietly.

"Diagnose symptoms... then create cures for that."

"If complications occur, you must go back to finding a cure again, with the new diagnosis."

"Universally, a healer or a doctor (in muggle terms) should be kind, affectionate, warm and should treat the people with utmost respect. For the human body is one of the most valuable possessions anyone can have."

Finishing his notes with a light slam on the paper for the last dot, he placed his quill down, looking up at Aki, blinking. "That last one I feel is important." He paused, a smile slowly forming on his face, "Everything else may be taken from you, but your body is still your possession."

His lips lightly bit on his thumb, his look now changing into a rather serious one. "The Imperius Curse is an Unforgivable Curse because of the nature of the spell." His eyebrows pressed down in a more worried Quinlan. "Forcing someone's will to follow your own is doing the unthinkable. It's just not right.

He took a deep breath before returning his thoughts again to Aki's comments on diagnosis. He looked at his notes, wondering what would be a good thing to discover for his next 'research'. His eyes lit up upon an idea, as he looked at her with excitement that almost couldn't be contained in his eyes.

"How about a spell that can help you make your initial diagnosis, to make sure you haven't missed any part of the body?"

- - - - - - -
@Aki Sei

--------------------
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
HIATUS NOTICE
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

QUINLAN BEMUS
{ wear }

PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 06:31 AM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them

Aki pondered at what the Gryffindor had met. It was unusual to think of a spell that would help in making an initial diagnosis on a patient at it involves taking symptoms and looking for a sickness that is causing the symptoms already. She'd seen her aunt write out symptoms and sicknesses that could cause it on board where her team would see and they try to treat what has the most alike symptoms while looking for various ways to cure without making the patient sicker than they already are. It was a grueling, painful, and expensive treatment for both parties. Aki had casually seen people in pain as they were treated. Most often than not nurses would try to shut the curtains on the little girl. She also had particularly enjoyed visits to the children's oncology clinic where she meets other kids in the hospital at the same age.

She wanted to help people because the pain was everywhere.

Aki smiled at Quinlan, trying to forget what she had remembered. One of the reasons she refused to talk to anyone and was scared of socializing.

"Maybe like you said, a type of spell that will scan the whole body and list all of the things that are wrong with the patient and then the diagnosis with all the related symptoms? That's a very confusing spell to invent. So far I've only tried to use them in a pattern as a combination."

She took a free parchment and wrote down. Tergeo. Emendo. Rapifors. Ferula.

"Combination spell casts I usually do when someone gets hurt, sometimes it's a little different but these four are what I usually use. They're simple and not very difficult to use."

Pointing at each one for the spells she wrote down ahs continued with a stern voice as if to teach, "Tergeo removes blood from the wounded area but you have to be careful as it tries to remove all liquids if wrong it may suck up all the blood a patient has. Emendo is used if the target has broken anything because of the wound. Emendo is one of the trickiest, you have to say the right word for the right place where the injury is. Emendo is a two part chime where the first word for the incantation required the specific one. As for Rapifors, it colses up the wound, at this point one can use dittany for the scars. And lastly Ferula, it bandages or splints up the injured part of the patient. That's how I've handled it for quite a while. Mixing and matching spells."

~~~
@Quinlan Bemus

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Quinlan Bemus
 Posted: Mar 20 2017, 03:24 AM

YEAR:
Fifth
HOUSE:
Gryffindor
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'8
Half-Blood

Quinlan Bemus
© Tyler // He, Him, They

Quinlan nodded at the girl while she was explaining the details on how she tackled every challenge of healing an individual who was put in her hands. The combination of Tergeo, Emendo, Rapifors and Ferula was such an ingenious idea to the young Gryffindor. Clearly, the badger before him had thought about the situation she would be facing. He looked at her scribbling and note taking, taking a mental note for himself that the four spells she was using were the bread and butter of her healing abilities.

'Without it,' Quinlan thought for a moment, 'she wouldn't be able to do the things she would be doing right now.'

Quinlan was in deep thought while he processed all the information Aki had just given him. A mental discourse went again on his head, almost like he was formulating ideas and thoughts until the young lion nodded as he started scribbling in his journal, with a quill in hand. "Come, take a look".

The Gryffindor had been getting better at making drawings and creating diagrams for his 'research journal', yet making a diagram to annotate the human body was a task, even for him. His hands moved in a circular motion to first, start off with the head, then the ears on the side. His eyes squinted, making sure when he was making a straight line for the arms that it was accurate, down to the legs and feet. Now finished, there was one thing he needed to do and to ask Aki Sei.

"This may be a long shot, and the spell might be broken into sections. But let me ask you one thing that may help you understand what idea is on my mind right now." he smiled at the Hufflepuff, making a heart shape in the chest area of the person he had just drawn. "Which organ does a human being have that is spread throughout the body?" he paused, "The part of the body that we could use to diagnose patients?" He gave a clue as he motioned the girl to continue watching him, while he skillfully drew lines that branched out from the heart and into other parts of the body up until the fingertips and ends of it. Each stroke and branching off were like nuggets of inspiration waiting to burst out, the lion watching the badger understand what he was trying to convey to her.

- - - - -
@Aki Sei

--------------------
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
HIATUS NOTICE
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

QUINLAN BEMUS
{ wear }

PMEmail
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 09:06 AM

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them

Aki stood up from the seat she was in that was directly in front of the boy. She then made her way to sit next to him as he had asked him to look at what he was writing and scribbling. It was diagrams, and they were neatly done. She smiled as she had only seen them in medical books and it was a fresh perspective than just talking. Everything she liked was better if actions were added. In the small space that they occupied in the Communal, it was magical on its own. A person who was interested in medicine too had come and she felt very warm inside as if she was closer to home listening to her aunts' winding lectures in the teaching hospital whenever the old lady would step into the podium to talk as she sat near the front as a child.

"That's a wonderful diagram. You can see everything clearly. Very good." the Hufflepuff praised, her voice was clear and straightforward. It was meant to be felt as a statement she was sure of and that she really meant what she said. This was another thing she had picked up from her aunts, 'If someone does something good, one should praise them for a job well done. It shows that you not only notice and see their efforts but that you also appreciate them.' Whenever she did something right and good her aunts would praise her for it and to her doing the same to others was only natural.

"The main organ would be the heart and the brain. I'm not really sure on what kind of spell but most of the time in non-magic medicine the heart pumps all the blood in the body and drawing blood can help find diseases that are contained in it. In other times in the case of the brain, a lumbar puncture is needed to examine the fluids in the brain to know if there are cerebral infections and even disorders of the nervous system. There are also other tests but those are the ones that find the most information." she stopped at that hoping that she did not ramble as she did tend to ramble on when she was in the zone.

~~~
@Quinlan Bemus

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png Avalon a Panfandom RP Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8 The Beginning A Change of Heart Storybrooke War Is Brewing Forum Roleplay Site A BRILLIANT MAGIC Ascension Of Darkness

AUTUMN 2017
Welcome to Wizarding Realm! We are an alternate universe Harry Potter site set in the present day at Hogwarts. All of our lovely students are back from their summer terms refreshed and (hopefully) ready to buckle down for classes. Join us! :D Please Register using Proper Case!!
BE A LIGHT TO EACH OTHER ♥