5'0"
Status
Muggleborn(?)
Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash
Awards: 42

Aki couldn't sleep. The small flickering light of a candle came into her view. Watching as this particular source of light was neither growing dimmer nor diminishing in height. What time was it? Four? Five? The young girl lost track. The air was cooler in the dungeons and after being in the quaint burrow for badgers that is the Hufflepuff dorms Aki knew how the nights outside the said dungeons were. She needed another distraction until she found sleep. Ever since that day she woke up in the Hospital it was harder for her to wake. Thinking about the nightmares she may end up seeing. She was scared.

The Hufflepuff sat up and silently slid off her bed making as less noise as possible for her who had always been gracefully silent. Picking up a hoodie she had propped at her bedside table. The one she had worn that day before heading to bed. Her pajama pants barely peeking from under it as she slipped into the hoodie in order to keep warm. Only one thought came to mind for the girl and that was to walk around the castle and maybe find a nook where she would tire herself and possibly feel sleepy enough to go back to bed. Grabbing hold of the teddy bear she had received from her friend, Thanatos Helstrom and remembering the day they met at the lake created a small and thoughtful smile on the fifth year’s face.

Taking her wand with her too as she needed a source of light. Perhaps today another Fatalux would suffice as it was her favorite illuminating charm. The rooms beyond the dorms would be dark, Aki had thought beforehand. As the sun has not come up yet Aki headed out of the dorms and into the common rooms only to pass by and not linger. Walking silently and carefully as she took her time with walking. Bear propped against her chest perhaps to keep it safe but more for her to feel safe.

Faint glows of her fairy lights assisted her in walking around the halls and finally reaching a place where she felt she could stay without worrying about anyone roaming around. The courtyard, the last place came to for a peaceful day near enough from the sun to admire the weather and far from it as to still be safe. Aki had found out that her photosensitivity was not an inborn impediment but a curse.

Aki needed answers but she never was impatient enough to ask sooner rather than later. She was still terrified of the fact that she may not be ready to understand. Sitting at the courtyard’s cold stone arches she stared up at the great sky looking at the stars.

“Okaasan, I’m scared…”

~~~
Pajamas and Hoodie

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

Playing duck duck user posted image since March 3, 2017

Workshop - Tracker - Wand
PMEmail
^
Maisie Krenek
 Posted: Jun 28 2017, 03:57 PM
"the world around us is burning [but we're so cold]"
Lyx
they/them
11 Posts
Rep: 0 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Shelved
Height
5'3"
Status
Halfblood
Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash
Undecided
Awards: 1

Maisie was one of those kids who had boundless energy the majority of the time. She went for about eighteen hours before crashing hard, sometimes right where she was sat, but somehow, she always woke up feeling well-rested and ready to take on the day again with as much boundless energy as the day before. It was why she tried to stay away from introverts, not wanting to become a point of resentment for them if spending time around her wore them out too much.

After losing her mother, sleep wasn't always as easy to come by, fleeing her hours before she was ready and leaving her feeling as though she had ten ton bludgers dragging her around. Tonight was one such night, the girl robbed of rest before the sun even began to come over the horizon. The Hufflepuff dormitory didn't have any windows, as it was underground, lit by simulated sunlight in the common room, but Maisie knew. There was almost a sense of dread as she woke up, the way there was every day since New Years Eve. So, Maisie was going to do what she had done every morning in the six months since.

She changed in the dark, pulling on a swimsuit and making sure that she had a towel. She found her sandals and slipped her feet into them, tiptoeing out of the dorms and through the common room. It appeared that there were a few of her older peers who were crawling into bed at this time, a product of what she assumed were some of the first parties that summer had to offer. Though she was fifteen, she wasn't the type to attend, feeling much better about caring for her peers while they nursed their various hangovers the next day. The corridor was quiet as she left the barrel, and still dark. She didn't bother trying to use wandlight, as she knew where she was going, her feet light as she ascended.

The young witch wasn't sure why she thought that she would be the only one awake at this hour, but nevertheless, Maisie was still startled at the sight of one of her housemates sat in the corridor, her eyes trained on the stars.

Okaasan, I'm scared...

Maisie bit her lip, the words like a fist right to her chest, or how she imagined it felt to be hit by a bludger. She knew what that was like. Maybe for different reasons, but she knew what it was like to be scared. She didn't have the constitution to try and speak to her mother as though she was still there, though.

"Do you think she's listening?" she asked, genuinely curious. The breeze shifted, Maisie feeling her skin prickle and cover itself in goosebumps, even under her bathing suit and the t-shirt she wore over it.

@Aki Sei
PM
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 12:18 AM
""Where am I needed?" - Soraka"
Akkey
They/Them
304 Posts
Rep: 21 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff Prefect
Height
5'0"
Status
Muggleborn(?)
Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash

Had permission from Jinx that Nora gave Aki a charm that will negate effects of Aki's curse but she has to re-apply it every now and then since the effects only last a few hours.

An unfamiliar voice welcomed her ears in a question. Was Aki's mother listening? To the young witch, it was an almost instantaneous answer.

"Yes, I do believe she is."

As it has been even before she had stepped foot into Hogwarts. Aki was always so sure of what she needed to do and what she believed in. Doubt rarely filled the young badger's mind and it made it easy for her to see things as black and white and never an in between. Optimistic at heart as she felt that life had taken away what she had loved but always believed that they were not fully taken from her. The Japanese girl's mother lived on in her like her aunt's have told her. She was her mother's daughter and everything wonderful that Aki's mother had was imparted in the young Sei. It wasn't a question that she needed a moment or even more than a few seconds to comply with an answer.

"You see, mother lives in me and I am alive because of her."

Even when Aki was afraid. She was calm and appreciated the small things that the world had to offer. If she was having a hard time falling asleep the stars were always there to entertain her and take her fears and loneliness away. There were things to do that distracted her from her troubles that she could not face or remove from her life. Such as the curse she was given. Madam Breen had gifted her with a charm she had received from a runes mage. Aki remembering the exchange she had with Madam Nora and how the young badger hoped she could have come to her Healing Supervisor instead of trying to do everything on her own. With how she wanted to be less of a burden she had ended up worrying her friends.

"I'm sorry if I seem too rash in answering," apologizing as usual even if she was gentle in every word she uttered. "I'm Aki Sei and I know you from Hufflepuff too. I'm not too good with names but I do remember faces. May I ask for your name?"

~~~
@Maisie Krenek

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Maisie Krenek
 Posted: Jul 5 2017, 02:56 AM
Lyx
they/them
11 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Shelved
Height
5'3"
Status
Halfblood
Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash
Undecided

Maisie was almost startled by the quickness with which the girl answered, biting the inside corner of her mouth in thought. She supposed that if one was so certain about convictions like absent parents still being around, then it wasn’t her place to be judgmental about that. Not that Maisie had a judgmental bone in her body. She sort of just let people do whatever they were gonna do, floating along through life like a jellyfish, wherever the tides took her.

When asked her name, it was her turn to reply without hesitation. “My name is Maisie Krenek, it’s nice to meet you.” It was so weird to say her name aloud, especially to one of her housemates. It was odd to her that in the most communal house of Hogwarts, people still had to exchange names as if they hadn’t been staying in the same den for at least four years at that point. “I’m a year below you, next dorm down. I always come into the common room dripping lake water.”

The last six months had been spent largely in the water. As often as she could, she was out swimming, on a paddleboard, or in one of the rowboats that were moored in the underground harbor. She wasn’t the only student to do it, but she had been doing it far more frequently than her peers. The gentle lapping of the lake made her feel safe, as if Odette hadn’t gone from her life, the gentle light of her life snuffed like a candle. The water had been their place, their home. It was all that she really had left of her mother beyond the memories, and so clinging to the water helped. For now. She had to keep positive about it staying that way.

Tonight was a night for being bold, it seemed, the girl toeing absently at the dirt with her shoe before speaking up again. “Did you lose your mom too?” she asked, her voice almost softer, if that was at all possible. She didn’t explain what she meant, not really sure that she wanted to elaborate that her mother had simply passed in her sleep and was gone, leaving Maisie alone in the world. She didn’t know Aki’s story. For all she knew, she could’ve simply been away from her mother for whatever reason.

@Aki Sei
PM
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Jul 5 2017, 10:37 PM
""Where am I needed?" - Soraka"
Akkey
They/Them
304 Posts
Rep: 21 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff Prefect
Height
5'0"
Status
Muggleborn(?)
Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash

"It's a lovely name," Aki commented.

Jogging her memory, she did remember walking past a girl who frequently returned to the dorms sopping. Like she had been swimming. These instances occurred when Dmitri would walk her to and from classes. In her first year, Aki would always stay in her dorms unless it was time for classes. She used to keep to herself until she met her dear friend. The Russian boy, Dmitri Haag. It was in her second year that they met. The boy had bumped into her during her walks to class and had walked beside her ever since. At first, Aki wasn't sure what the boy wanted or why he kept walking with her despite them being of different houses and different years. Although, the girl found safety in him. So she never really paid much attention to her surroundings whenever he was present. Until finally, she spent more time outside the dorms. Like today when she decided to spend the rest of the late night watching the stars twinkle before the dawn breaks. Holding onto the doll that Thanatos had given her from spring. The wind was cold as it breezed through them and played with her hair.

The next question that Maisie felt like it was second nature for newfound friends to ask. Moreso it was a subject being brought up quite a lot in recent days. Yes, Aki's mother had died, and the curse transferred to her daughter. She wasn't angry about her current state although she wished that her mother knew about western magic before it evidently took her life away. Although the older Hufflepuff always found the lighter side of things even in death, it was her way of coping even when sometimes she would blow up in despair.

"She died when I was just a small girl," Aki answered, reminiscing about how her mother would always sing her lullabies. How the gentle woman would find time to smile even when she waited for so long for her husband to come back. Waiting patiently under the cherry blossom tree that they promised their reunion. Aki held her mother's hand as they waited every spring, while the flowers bloomed and fell like rain.

"She wanted to see my father again, but then she got sick." Aki stopped when brief pang overcame her and tears inevitably fell from her eyes. Memories of her mother flooded her mind along with events that had transpired during spring. The fifth year frantically tried to wipe them away not wanting for the younger to worry. She had to be strong. The past can never change, but Aki firmly believed that she could mold her future.

~~~
@Maisie Krenek

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

PMEmail
^
Maisie Krenek
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 01:31 AM
Lyx
they/them
11 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Shelved
Height
5'3"
Status
Halfblood
Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash
Undecided

“Thank you.” That was what you were supposed to say when someone gave you compliments, right? Maisie didn’t really think her name to be lovely. She didn’t really think of her name much at all. It was what her mother had decided to call her, a name that she would carry until the day she followed her saintly mother in death.

Maisie knew that she probably shouldn’t feel jealous that the other girl had lost her mother when she was younger, but she couldn’t help but feel the slightest pang of jealousy that she was a bit more removed from her loss than Maisie was presently standing. Some part of her knew, deep down, that it was unlikely that she would ever truly recover from the shock and pain of losing her mother. It wouldn’t stop hurting, but maybe, one day, it might just get a little easier to carry. Maybe her load would lighten some. She couldn’t say. It had been six months, and she couldn’t speak her mother’s name without it closing a hand around her throat and choking her before she could even begin to form the syllables on her tongue.

“I’m sorry for your loss,” was all that she could say, kicking herself because that wasn’t enough, and realistically, nothing would be. There was nothing that could smooth over the jagged, aching pain of losing your parent, no matter how far one was from it. In reality, I’m sorry for your loss was something that people said when they weren’t sure what to say, how to help ease the grief somehow or another. It was so strange to be on the other side of this, when she’d spent the last six months with a revolving door of people passing in front of her, uttering those pathetic, watered down sentiments. It was kind of sickening to now be the one uttering them after stumbling on such a private moment. And then-

“My mum died over the winter hols,” she told the other girl, unsure of why, now, she was finally telling someone else. “I haven’t said anything to anyone. The professors only know out of necessity. It’s been six months and it still feels like a walking nightmare.”

@Aki Sei
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png Avalon a Panfandom RP Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8
The Beginning A Change of Heart Storybrooke War Is Brewing Forum Roleplay Site A BRILLIANT MAGIC