Hufflepuff
12 YEARS
57 posts
n/a
though she be but little, she is fierce

Rep: 0 pts [ + | - ]
Imogen ReeveHufflepuff
Awards: 6

Music was playing in her mind as Imogen stepped out, immediately turning her face to the sunlight that had successfully broken through the retreating clouds of winter. Spring was nearly upon them, she could feel the warmth of the light on her cheeks like a promise. It was so much colder here, up in the Scottish Highlands, than it was where she’d grown up. But she always loved the times of transition with spring and fall. She wasn’t actually sure why, or maybe it was that there were so many reasons that it just became this huge mixed up feeling that she would only be able to describe with words if she was given pages of space to fill on the subject. That feeling though hung in the air and she could just picture the lingering snow melting, the dead leaves melding into the ground to bring up the fresh and new. Early flowers pushing up from where they grew from their bulbs, the first to greet the warming air.

It brought a bright smile to her lips that flashed in her eyes and gave her a burst of energy that added an extra bounce to her steps as she directed them toward her destination, humming the tune in her head as she went. The young badger clutched at the strap of her messenger bag as she walked, already having a place in mind unlike some of the times with these walks where it wasn't solely the destination but also the exploring that she loved.

In the bag that rested at her hip, Imogen had tucked away items for writing her letters, her journal, and some reading material. This term she was adding a whole new subject as she had applied to be a Healing intern. It was something she'd been puzzling over since summer holiday and she finally decided. As soon as she'd signed up she had simply felt content - an obvious sign that she'd made the right decision.

She actually really liked the greenhouse; she loved to watch things grow, week to week, the smell of dirt and flowers was nostalgic and so she thought it was a perfect spot to write her letters to her parents. Of course, there were many things to be found at the greenhouses at Hogwarts that weren’t anything she would ever find elsewhere and many things that were ever very dangerous. Her herbology classes sometimes made her think wistfully for the time that plants could only really kill you if you ate them.

Still bobbing her head as she walked, a slight sway to her steps as the music continued playing through her thoughts as she entered the greenhouse and eyed the area for a place to settle for some quiet writing.

---
[Outfit]
@Liam Andrews

--------------------
user posted image
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."
--
Workshop | Plotter | Tracker| Challenges
PM
^
Liam Andrews
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 05:18 PM
Kenzie
7th YEAR
YEARS
181 posts
Unknown
Advanced Member

Liam AndrewsRavenclaw Beginner
Awards: 3

Liam was happy for spring.

Then again, who wouldn't be, after the long winter that had seemed to last forever on the grounds of Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry? With spring came the birds singing, the thunderstorms, warmer weather, mud fights, Quidditch, the sun that warmed the earth, green things budding everywhere, and planting in the greenhouses. He grinned at the last bit as he made his way towards the greenhouses. It was time to do planting. The sun was shining and their were birds out singing, but the eagle was happy to get his hands back in the dirt that he could plant with. Of course he had been out there last week and truthfully, every day since, but the understatement of the century was the Liam loved the greenhouses. Almost as much as he loved magical creatures and animals, really.

Now, the young man smiled and whistled softly as his fingers dug into the potting soil, shifting the dirt and transfering some of the seedlings from the bag into the pot before shifting the dirt through his fingers, watching it fall as he buried the seeds in the pot to plan them. His smile continued as he whistled You've got a friend in me from Toy Story. He wasn't specifically sure why he chose that tune, but it had been stuck in his head all morning. Liam furrowed his brow as he shifted his weight, trying to remember exactly which pots that had already been plants. He was in sort of a rhythm and his thoughts had distracted him - something that didn't usually happen.

He continued on his task of planting, moving different pots around, lining up the ones that he had already done so he wouldn't make the same mistake again. He was lost in his planting, whistling softly as his fingers dug in the dirt and then gently moved the seeds, covered them and then gave them just a small dab of water before adding them to the mix that was considered done. Liam felt content and only paused when the eagle heard the tell tale sign of someone coming in - the opening and closing of the door to the green house.

Slightly surprised, he lifted his head, his fingers pausing in the pot that they were in. The soil was soft on his fingertips, but the soil made his fingers feel hard as it clung to his skin. His brow furrowed as he looked around for the person that had come in - certainly they wanted to be out in the sun, not in the greenhouses?- or maybe that was just his wish that he had so that they wouldn't bother him. Maybe they wouldn't bother him too much? Or, if he was really lucky, they would want to be of some sort of help to him. Looking around, he spotted the younger student, calling out to her, "Hello. How are you doing today?"

@Imogen Reeve

--------------------
PM
^
Imogen Reeve
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 07:42 PM
Nadya
2nd YEAR
Muggleborn
Hufflepuff
12 YEARS
57 posts
n/a
though she be but little, she is fierce

Imogen ReeveHufflepuff
Awards: 6

"Oh!" Imogen honestly shouldn't have been surprised when she found that the greenhouse wasn't empty - though regardless, she was and the sudden voice had her taking a deep breath to calm herself with a quick fanning motion. The boy who spoke to her looked rather older, though he looked friendly? And sounded friendly? That was enough for her, so she recollected her wits and tilted her head with a smile. "Hi! Um, great! So far at least. It's really lovely out, so that helps." Then she processed that the other student looked to be planting things. She bit her bottom lip for a moment then closed the distance between them by a few steps. "Oooo, can I ask what you're planting?" she asked, her lips curving into a teeth windowing smile of hope.

The Hufflepuff really did love plants and growing things and that earthy-ness. Her House common room was just the best thing ever - it reminded her sometimes how she would decorate her own Bag End from the Hobbit - all round doors and natural things and loveliness. All it needed was a bunch more books. She would love to just build bookshelves every few meters into the curved cheerful yellow walls. She was pretty sure when she someday had her own living space she would paint it that happy shade of yellow and maybe add painted flowers along the edges.

"Sorry, I guess that basically was asking - my name is Imogen and if you were just looking for some quiet you don't have to answer my question. I was actually just looking for somewhere to write some letters back home." She worried her lip more before she continued, "though, if you'd be up for some company or some help with those plants, letters can wait, I'd love to get some dirt under my fingernails!" She giggled at that. "I used to do that all the time but less so since I got older. I love growing things. My mum has a huge garden at the farm," she paused, thinking on that a moment, rocking on her feet. "Well, that sounds a bit silly - it's a horse farm, so it isn't quite as silly as it sounds without the context." Her movement stilled then except for her dropping into the nervous motion of clutching the locket that hung from the silver chair at her neck. "Gosh, I'm sorry. I usually don't ramble quite that easily, I guess it's just the spring day. Anyway, I can let you be if you'd like, I don't mind."

She'd really been getting better about her anxious habits, she was fairly sure quidditch helped with that - it was easier when there was a topid that most could enjoy - and she'd made more friends, which was a great help as well. She was feeling much more comfortable around those that treated her with initial kindness and she had been letting her guard down a lot more on those occasions.

---
@Liam Andrews

--------------------
user posted image
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."
--
Workshop | Plotter | Tracker| Challenges
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png War Is Brewing Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8
The Beginning

Welcome to WR! We are an alternate universe HP roleplay set in the present day Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The current term is Spring 2017! Please register with a FIRST AND LAST NAME properly capitalised.