of the month!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

We live on front porches and swing life away, Erik <3
Quincy Elkins
 Posted: Mar 10 2017, 02:28 PM
Stellify
7th
Muggleborn??
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
303 posts
Air is getting so thin, the honey whiskey is kickin'

Rep: 8 pts [ + | - ]
Quincy ElkinsGryffindor
Awards: 21

“Are you sure you want to do this? ‘Cause it’s totally okay if you don’t. We could always just go back, I’m sure they’ll understand.”

Memories of home were often accompanied by the gentle and soothing aroma of jasmines, almost as if placed there to grant a moment of calm and relaxation before facing the storm that dwelled within those walls. Now, as Quincy stared at the delicate and small flowers that partially covered the fence, all he could really feel was panic, lightly squeezing the hand that he was holding before looking at the boy. It had all started as a joke, a ’hey, I have this family dinner next weekend and it’s going to suck, wanna come with?’, an offer he had never expected his boyfriend to agree to, and yet he had, and the lion had smiled about it, not really considering the implications or how chaotic that would really be. Stupid, so stupid. They had discussed it before and it had seemed like a wonderful idea, a thought that made him happy, but such things are often much better when left as illusions whispered in a pillow fort and not the terrible reality that was right before them.

He took a deep breath. Okay, maybe he was just being pessimistic, when was he not pessimistic? Johanna had seemed to be really looking forward to meeting Erik when he had told her about the boy, which was surprising considering that telling his adoptive mother about Erik had also meant explaining that he didn’t only like girls, but boys too - something about which the woman had been quite understanding. That was just the way she was, though it did not mean the rest of the family shared her opinions… and that was exactly the problem at hand. “Just...ugh...don’t worry, okay? They’ll like you... It’s not even the whole family anyway.” Thankfully, it wasn’t. Judging by the letter it seemed neither his older sister nor his younger brother would be there, and good riddance because the last thing Quincy needed was Sienna being awfully over protective about this or Andre’s general rudeness. That still left him with three siblings to deal with.

Was he nervous, terrified, anxious, or all of them mixed together? Probably the latter, but they couldn’t just stand there forever. Maybe he should have bothered mention how important all this actually was, specially given the fact that he had never even invited anyone from Hogwarts to his home or even spoken to his family about dating, though such knowledge would probably only make Erik feel as nervous as he was… if he wasn’t already. Hazel eyes wandered over the house, over the smooth stone exterior and the white windowsills, over the colorful flowers that covered the entrance to give it such a pleasing and inviting look - it wasn’t a small place, yet it was no mansion, just the typical home of any upper middle class family. A home that, when Quincy was a mere child, had felt like the most fantastic thing in the world, and that still had not lost some of its magic - aside from well, the actual magic within the house, as his mother was one keen of magical home economics.

Before he could add anything else, or make the actual decision to enter the house, the door opened, the green eyes of a girl narrowing at them as she leaned against the door frame. A couple of years younger, of blonde hair, and not much shorter than Erik. The unmistakable half of a chaotic pair, Anais Elkins. “Are you two idiots just going to stand there or are you going to come in? Everyone is here already.” She quirked a brow in question, her voice letting out traces of an unmistakably French accent. Out of all his siblings, Anais was the one that never cared for a good first impression, and the fact that she had been the one to open the door just served as confirmation of all of Quincy’s doubts and fears. She walked towards them, gracefully despite wearing high heels, all in order to place short kisses on both her brother’s cheeks before wrapping her arms around the older boy's neck and shooting the brightest of grins in Erik’s direction. “Coucou, I’m Anais. Pleasure to meet you.”

@Erik Dwight
|Clothes|

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 02:49 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3877 posts
neutral
I'll be your breath if you can be mine.

Rep: 37 pts [ + | - ]
Erik DwightRavenclaw Advanced
Awards: 62

Being taken home by someone was weird, to say it in a harmless and friendly way. It meant being formally introduced to his boyfriend's family, to give a good first impression and not fuck up for once. What had started as a casual joke had suddenly become reality - and there Erik was, staring at the facade of the Elkins' home while wondering what exactly he was meant to expect from this visit. Were they going to be welcoming, or not? He only knew his own family's home, and the Larssons' dark and long abandoned home - oh, and the Leanders' home were Kiljan was living, where he had been welcomed with open arms like a son who just returned from war. It was always strange to enter someone else's house, and Quincy's was no exception to that rule. Erik did not know whether his boyfriend had realised he had tried to make sure to leave a good impression today: his clothes were still as black as always, yet the jeans were not torn, the boots clean and properly laced, without any edgy accessoires for today. He was wearing a blazer, made of leather and yet kind of formal, over a plain, black shirt. Even the Swede's hair was neatly combed and tied back today, no stray strands falling in his face.

It was so easy to try and be someone else when he knew that he wasn't exactly boyfriend material - while it was already funny enough Quincy's family seemed to be absolutely okay with the lion bring a boyfriend home. That was something Erik would never be able to do, especially not since they had moved back to Luleå. He had always guessed his mother knew that Sigurd had been more than a friend when he had brought him home - and he assumed that after the Yaxley Ball massacre, even his grandparents had taken a few well-aimed guesses. But that did not mean he could openly admit that - and bring someone who was not even of pure blood home. "We can leave again if that's what you want," the blonde boy answered quietly, quirking a brow at the taller boy and smiling a little. Everything looked so cute and homely with the soft colours and the flowers that seemed to be everywhere. "Sounds like you're more worried than I am," Erik added after a moment, grinning just a little more confident than before. Was Quincy worried he would misbehave, much like both of them did all the time at Hogwarts?

Erik had been raised rather liberal-minded, yet also with structures and manners to keep the child at bay - although he had never been quite a wild child, unless left to his own devices. He knew how to behave in public, how to keep a fake smile on his lips even when he wanted to scream. Yet it had to be said that he had never been that good at keeping the arrogant, cool attitude of pureblood children upright; rather sitting underneath a table with a book instead of making conversations in those ways Severin did it. For today, he assumed his skills would be just enough, and so he nudged Quincy's arm, muttering a very quiet: "Don't worry, I'm not going to embarrass you." It was the only logical thought that came to his mind - that the older boy was scared he would make everything even more awkward than it already was.

But his stream of thoughts was interrupted as the front door opened and a pretty, blonde girl looked at them. Adopted or not, the Elkins family seemed to consist of pretty children. Carefully, Erik watched her - eyes widening just a little as she called them idiots - before her arms were wrapped around Quincy's neck, and her gaze settled on the guets - the intruder in this very situation. "Hej, I'm Erik," he just gave back - casually dropping the hated last name for the greater good of feeling comfortable around these new people he was supposed to meet.

@Quincy Elkins
(clothes)

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
Cam made me a pretty thing and another pretty thing <3
PMWebsite
^
Quincy Elkins
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 04:29 AM
Stellify
7th
Muggleborn??
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
303 posts

Quincy ElkinsGryffindor

Part of growing up with a lot of siblings was being used to finding strangers at home more often than not, there was always some guest, some friend, some lover, being introduced to the rest of the Elkins family. People came and went, sometimes they returned, sometimes they didn’t, and on the rarest of occasions… they came to be considered another member of the family. That was exactly the problem and the reason Quincy was so nervous, because after meeting such a vast arrangement of strangers, most of the Elkins siblings cared little for giving a good impression. He loved his family, and he wanted Erik to like them too, but they weren’t exactly perfect people and he almost wished Sienna had been there that day, as her bubbly and ever cheerful attitude always seemed to work as a great reminder for their other siblings to behave. Max included.

There was no way of telling how anyone would act, as it seemed reactions to strangers were merely circumstantial and had nothing to do with if they liked the person or not. It was chaos, and Sienna was the one always complaining about it, because she was the one with the large number of boyfriends that went in and out through that door, aside from their eldest brother’s occasional girlfriend or two. Quincy, on the other hand, did not date people, had completely refused to grow attached to someone in any sort of romantic way and therefore had never brought anyone home other than childhood friends...until this day. Erik’s words made him bite this lower lip, suddenly feeling caught as his gaze once again fixed on the flowers. “I guess, it’s a big deal. I want things to go well.” He shrugged. It was the truth, he really wanted things to go well, but everything inside him yelled that he should take that boy and get far away from there without stepping into the warzone that was his home.

Love carries no conditions, and he loved his family despite all the arguments, the bitterness, and the rude comments that were often made towards each other, the same way he knew they loved him, and the same way he loved Erik. He squeezed Erik’s hand. Yes, he loved all those people, and he wanted them to be happy, and to like each other, was that too much to ask? At the boy’s next comment, his eyes widened, turning to stare at him for a moment before smiling gently. “Erik, it’s not you that I’m worried about. I know you’ll be great, you always are.” Quincy replied, placing a kiss on the boy’s forehead before his eyes wandered over his boyfriend. “You look really cute, by the way. Though you honestly didn’t have to go through all that effort just for me.” He smirked, almost as if a muttered ‘thank you’ towards the other. Somehow, knowing that the boy had tried so hard for all of this made him happy.

Too bad Anais had little care for giving her brother any privacy, as the arms wrapping around him almost made him chuckle. His sister was possessive and had always been that way, which was one of the many problems that concerned him about that situation. The girl’s green eyes were now on Erik, scanning him from top to bottom in an almost thoughtful manner. Then, she returned her attention to Quincy. “Hrrmmm...he’s cute! Love the hair, it’s so girly.” Anais declared, and this time a chuckle did leave him, because apparently in the eyes of his sister his boyfriend was nothing but a pretty doll, a thought that was confirmed when the girl once again looked at the blonde. “You’d look great in a dress.” Another boldly pronounced statement before breaking the embrace and grabbing her brother’s free hand. “Come on, we’re not standing here all day, are we?”

Quincy let out a sigh, giving Erik a look at could only be described as see what I have to deal with? before following after his younger sister. “So, is your worst half really not coming today?”

Non. He has Quidditch practice or whatever, aren’t you glad?”

“Well, I suppose there’s a silver lining.”

@Erik Dwight

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 01:23 PM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3877 posts
neutral

No one ever came to visit, no matter if it was in Sweden or later on in Scarborough. Those men his father and grandfather met with to talk about business never came when Erik was awake, and visits from the families they had ties with were always announced several months ahead. There were no surprises, no strangers in the living room - no one to formally introduce oneself to, which was something the long-haired boy was actually grateful for. Yet it had not exactly fuelled his social skills, leaving him with that nervousness that was slowly eating through his mind while he was standing by Quincy’s side, feeling like a real intruder in this sweet family life - even if he knew that Quincy’s life was not perfect. Who’s life was, in the end? He should know better than to tease his boyfriend about it, given he knew exactly how it felt to bring someone home without knowing what to expect.

Yet he sighed a little, running his hand over his ponytail while gazing back at Quincy. He smiled just a little at the kiss placed on his forehead, forcing the tension to leave his body. You look really cute. “Oh yes, cute was exactly what I was going for when dressing this morning,” Erik muttered with a roll of his eyes and a quick shake of his head - yet he was still smiling. “Couldn’t risk letting your family think you’re dating a total savage, right?” he added, leaning in to kiss Quincy’s cheek. Usually he did not care about kissing in public spaces, but this was different - he doubted that the Elkins’ neighbours wanted to see Quincy being french-kissed by some strange boy, although the mental image did amuse him for a few moments.

It was just a lucky coincidence that Erik did not have that much of a jealous streak while he was watching Quincy with his little sister, keeping his green gaze on the girl without any signs of being impressed. He knew better than to shy away from little girls, even if the girl was not that little. He stared at her when he heard her comment, before a snort escaped his lips and he crossed his arms, making a mock-disapproving sound at her. “Too bad you’ll never see whether I look good in a dress or not,” the eagle gave back with a short wink, knowing it was easy enough to meet teasing with wit and mockery himself. While he did not know who Anais’ worse half was, he also did not want to ask and simply followed the siblings inside the house.

It was true that every house had a certain scent, something the inhabitants no longer realised and yet it was there. Those scents often could not be described with words, even though Erik wanted to try. He just followed, pulling the front door close behind him and curiously gazing at the interior. Was the rest of the family already waiting for them? His mother would have long since pulled every guest in her skinny arms, despite the fact she was smaller than her son - yet what was to be expected from Quincy’s mother? Erik pulled the sleeves of his jacket down again, nervously chewing on his left lip ring while waiting for the things to come.

@Quincy Elkins

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Quincy Elkins
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 03:38 PM
Stellify
7th
Muggleborn??
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
303 posts

Quincy ElkinsGryffindor

Chaotic was an understatement when it came to explain an afternoon with the Elkins family, as it usually was when one too many relatives found themselves under the same roof. If he had to take a wild guess, Johanna was still too preoccupied with dinner to notice the time, something that often happened when she was in the kitchen, for cooking was most definitely one of the woman’s hobbies. She probably hadn’t allowed anyone to help her either, because out of all six Elkins siblings, him and Sienna seemed to be the only ones with even a hint of cooking skills, with or without using magic, if anyone else got involved it usually ended up in bloody fingers and sometimes even tears. Still, everyone had their role, and their task, and Max was likely currently stuck entertaining Grace while Anais refused to do anything their mother asked. Chaos.

Quincy smiled at the kiss, for a moment forgetting what awaited them at the other side of that door, once again his boyfriend seemed to result all too distracting for his own good. “Am I not? At least you’re a cute savage.” He teased. It was easy to forget, to let jokes and kisses wash away all the fear and anxiety, to just think of Erik and smile together. If only things were always as easy as when it was just the two of them together, then maybe he wouldn’t have been so scared about that dinner. But, things with family were never easy, especially after he had started attending Hogwarts, the school had shattered the fantasy of a perfect life in a million pieces and had allowed him to see the horrible reality that hid behind smiles and empty promises.

His thoughts wandered over Anais’ words, would Erik look good in a dress? Why hadn’t he thought of that before? Apparently he wasn’t the most imaginative member of the family, even if he was once again allowing himself to get distracted. Before he knew it, they were inside, his hazel scanning the all too familiar entrance to their home as Anais let go of his hand, watching the girl walk gracefully towards the kitchen. “Maman, your favorite son is here.” She announced all too loudly, making Quincy wonder why until he realized his sister’s evil intentions. Oh fuck. Immediately he heard the retort coming from the living room: “Wait, what!? And here I thought I was the favorite son!” The voice was deeper than his own, though it did not sound upset...Max never really sounded upset, even if he was.

Looking at Erik, he shrugged. “Yeah sorry, welcome parties aren’t exactly a thing in my fa-” The sentence was never finished, as strong and overly affectionate arms wrapped around him, forcing him to let go of his boyfriend’s hand as he pleaded for a second to breath. “Max...I swear you’re going to make me break something. Let me go, you animal.” Quincy demanded, sounding much more upset than what he had intended. Not like his brother cared anyways, as the taller Elkins still took a few seconds before letting go of Quincy. Apparently, in the Elkins home, one couldn’t take two steps without getting interrupted by one of the siblings.

“For someone so small you’re always so grumpy. Relax, Quin.” Max gave back, smirking. Quincy was most definitely not a short person, average if anything, but when one is Maximilian Elkins everyone probably looked like a midget. For the first time, the older brother actually noticed Erik, smiling warmly as he extended a hand towards the boy. “Max. So, you’re Quin’s boyfriend, huh? Must take a lot to stand him, I almost pity you.”

Wow, you really are a jerk.” he replied in a whisper, never quite fond of his brother’s ‘harmless’ mocking.

@Erik Dwight

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 02:51 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3877 posts
neutral

The Dwight’s home had never been so noisy, buzzing with life in every room. Erik assumed it came from so many people living in one home; how there was always someone around even when most of them seemed to be gone. He couldn’t imagine how growing up with so many people felt like, as the group of friends he had been surrounded with always left again after a day or a few more days, leaving him surrounded by house elves, cats and horses again. This house was just different in every way - from the rather unconventional greeting the boys had received to those people who must be inside the house. It left the boy with a strange kind of anxiety - a throbbing deep down in his stomach that was not even calmed by gentle kisses and the casual teasing. What if they did not like him? He wasn’t ready to flee from another house just yet.

Once they had entered, there was a quiet uproar, and Erik’s eyes widened a little at the rather terrifyingly tall young man who had pulled Quincy in a bear-like hug. Was that the Quidditch-playing brother? He sure as hell looked like it, and the Swede shoved his hands into his pockets, quietly observing the scene that was unfolding in front of his eyes. There was a soft stench of food being prepared in the air, obviously emerging from the kitchen. Somehow, he had forgotten they were initially here for dinner, petting his own shoulder to congratulate himself for not being much of a picky eater - at least not in terms of being picky towards what he ate. He was more prone to forget to eat regularly, replacing whole meals with sweets sometimes without gaining much body fat in the process.

His thoughts had started wandering while Quincy was being greeted, and the small eagle almost winced as his boyfriend’s brother addressed him, green eyes wandering down to the big hand that was extended towards him. This hand looked a little like something that could crush a baby’s skull with ease, a trap placed underneath a pile of leaves. Max. Erik took a step forward and took the hand with more hesitation than he wanted to admit. “Erik, nice to meet you,” he said almost a little too formally - well, at least Max already knew that he was Quincy’s boyfriend, so that was one awkward obstacle less to overcome.

“I’m pretty damn sure he’s more to pity than I am,” Erik retorted smoothly, with an almost sweet smile on his lips as he looked up to Max’s face - which was really annoying, why were people always so tall and brought. It explained partially why Quincy and JR didn’t get along that well - eventually, Quincy just felt reminded of his brother whenever looking at the other lion. It was probably hard not to get any complexes when sleeping in the seventh years boys dormitories, given they were all either ridiculously tall or ridiculously good-looking - and sometimes, they were just both, and that was the most annoying thing. Yet slowly, Erik felt the nervousness fading a little, and something like tranquility spreading in his limbs - even in a house that was so chaotic and loud.

@Quincy Elkins

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Quincy Elkins
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 06:52 AM
Stellify
7th
Muggleborn??
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
303 posts

Quincy ElkinsGryffindor

In many ways, Quincy’s whole personality and demeanor contrasted drastically with the place in which he had been raised. With that amount of loud siblings, one would think all of them would be outgoing and have a large number of friends, and he had actually been that way… before Hogwarts. Socializing had come easily when attending a muggle school - despite the fact that he was well aware that he was no muggle- back then he had just been a cheerful child that enjoyed the company of others and had made friendships that still lasted after years, even if his attitude had completely changed. But attending the wizarding school had taught him many things, like that he was pathetic and not worthy of anyone’s attention, and that such was not a world to which he belonged - or at least those had been the despicable comments pronounced by his ‘peers’, words that stuck with him and made him hope for the day he could return home to his real friends.

Hogwarts had never been a place he had been fond of, but there were always people that made it more bearable, those who stuck by his side even with all the rude comments, and those with whom he shared meaningless affections when completely inebriated. And now there was Erik, who had changed things much more than what Quincy would like to admit, since it had been that boy who had showed him that he could in fact still be happy, even at that school, something for which he was thankful. Now they weren’t at Hogwarts, they were at his home, the place that had for long been his favorite because it was the only one where he felt truly comfortable… even with all the yelling, mocking, teasing and hugs that threatened to break every bone in his body. That was his family, and even if they were flawed, they were irreplaceable.

Irreplaceable or not, Max always was a pain in Quincy’s eyes, and had Erik not been there he would have probably had more than one insult to throw at his brother while he yelled at him to get away, all things he could not say now as he really could not afford to get Max angry and end up getting punched. That day his patience would meet new limits, for the sake of it resulting into a memorable evening. And he was so caught up thinking about how much he wanted to insult his brother that he almost did not even notice Max tightening his grip on Erik’s hand, or that same hand shake turning into a hug which was followed by whispered words that Quincy was too far to hear. “For the sake of being a good brother, let’s just leave this clear: hurt Quin and I’ll personally hunt you down, which won’t be any fun for either of us, especially you.” The eldest Elkins may have been known by everyone as the handsome and smiling young man who was so entertaining in interviews, but he was still the eldest sibling in his family, and he was full of over protective promises that, according to his younger brother, he hardly ever fulfilled. Not that Erik knew that, of course.

And when he was about to interrupt the whole situation, it was his mother who spoke up. Dear Johanna, as tall as him, with neatly tied auburn hair, and capable of commanding anyone in that family. “Max, let that poor boy go and set the table. Have Anais help you.” The woman commanded with a sweet voice that seemed unfitting of such words, her lips curving into a soft smile.

“Wow mom, I ditch practice for you and this is how you repay me? I see how it is.” Max joked back, letting go of Erik yet not daring defy the woman’s orders, as she was already too preoccupied with pulling Quincy into an affectionate hug that he so gladly returned. So, the older son turned his attention to Anais instead, who had been watching from far back and widened eyes as she met her brother’s gaze. “Alright french fry, maybe you’re right and they don’t like us anymore. Let’s go then.” And with that, he grabbed the small girl, who was quick to pronounce complaints in French as he threw her over his shoulder before making his way for the dining room, a sight that almost made Quincy pity his sister.

But Johanna’s warm eyes, as if hot chocolate in the cold of Winter, were now fixed on Erik, grabbing both of the boy’s hands. “You must be Erik, I’ve heard great things about you! Thank you for coming today. I’m Quincy’s mom, but feel free to call me Johanna, everyone does.” The woman chuckled, joyful words that were fit of her joyful smile.

@Erik Dwight

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Mar 15 2017, 02:24 PM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3877 posts
neutral

Erik had never needed older brothers to protect him - that was what Severin and Theodore had been there for, both barking and biting when they had to, without a second thought. Theoretically, he knew all these situations - he knew that behaviour changed once parents were around, how swears became less and words more pronounced, bodies more tense and gestures less slurred. He knew what it was like to have someone acting overly protective - yet he had never been on the receiving end of it. There was a first for anything, and the moment Max’ hand tightened around Erik’s, he huffed in both surprise and slight pain - even more so as he was pulled into the arms of a guy who was about a head length taller than him, face almost colliding with that broad chest. It was like being hugged by JR - just less pleasant and less brotherly, and more threatening. He assumed that was how a bunny felt when a boa constrictor slowly wrapped around its body - seconds away from dying.

For the sake of being a good brother, let’s just leave this clear: hurt Quin and I’ll personally hunt you down, which won’t be any fun for either of us, especially you. The Swede’s free hand pushed against the taller young man’s chest, a frown shaping on his forehead as he looked up, raising a brow in quiet challenge. “You’re aware I’ve got the perfect height to punch you in the balls, yes?” He had judged Severin hard for giving Quincy that talk - and he was judging Max even more, because he hated the implication they were going to hurt each other in one way or another. It might become true one day - but Erik did not need a constant reminder of this fact, Damokles’ sword lingering over his head on a very thin thread. He would have said more things he might regret later, but fortunately, Quincy’s mother appeared and he had the chance to step beside his boyfriend again instead of dealing with his bear of a brother.

It was funny how Erik’s mother was already considered overly affectionate while people like Johanna existed. The eagle’s eyes widened a little as she grabbed his hands, and softly he smiled at her while a gentle blush rushed over his cheek. Once more the feeling of not being good enough ran over his back like a shiver - a feeling that he usually only had around his father, who made sure to confirm it with every word and every harsh gesture. I’ve heard great things about you. “Oh no, so Quincy lied to you,” he tried to joke, his voice not as confident as it usually was as he gazed down at his hands in Johanna’s for a moment. He couldn’t even imagine what the lion had told his mother about him - even more so, he could not imagine why Quincy would tell his mother about him at all, as there was not much to mention.

“Nice to meet you, M- Johanna,” the Swede finally added as he looked up again, offering her an almost timid smile before throwing a subtle help me gaze in his boyfriend’s direction. Yet out of all those natural forces in this house, Johanna seemed to be the lesser evil - at least compared to Max who was carrying his sister away like a caveman (and Erik was not even surprised, as the older Elkins boy clearly beat him on the topic of acting like a savage).

@Quincy Elkins

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Quincy Elkins
 Posted: Mar 15 2017, 10:22 PM
Stellify
7th
Muggleborn??
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
303 posts

Quincy ElkinsGryffindor

It may have been chaos, a storm, even a hurricane, but it was still his home, and though Quincy wondered how it may have looked from the eyes of an outsider, he could never really understand it. What was Erik thinking at that moment? Did he hate him for bringing him here? Did he want to leave? Was he going to be mad? Quincy wouldn’t have blamed him, he loved his family, every single one of them, yet he was well aware they weren’t the nicest people out there and could result really intimidating. Had Anais been nice, their parents wouldn’t have constantly received letters from people complaining about the twins and their behavior at Beauxbatons, had Max been nice, he would have played for a different team and not the one that was arguably the most violent one in the British League. And that was just two of them, no need to mention Andre’s terrible attitude or the fact that Sienna was a Hit Witch. There was also no need to mention Samuel. Out of his whole family, Johanna and Grace were the only people that could truly be called ‘nice’ from beginning to end, but his adorable youngest sibling was nowhere to be seen.

There was just Johanna. Johanna who like the sun had cast away the storm that were his siblings, holding Erik’s hands and smiling with warmth. He couldn’t help but smile either, faintly, as he watched the woman and the way she so kindly and eagerly welcomed the boy into her home. That was the way she was, always happy to meet the people who made her children’s life better, always welcoming, even if there were one too many guests to feed at their house and there weren’t enough chairs for all of them at the dinner table - an occurrence that had a tendency to happen during summers, especially back when his older siblings still lived at such place. Doors to the Elkins home were always open for those dear to the family members, and thus, they were now open for Erik. So Quincy lied to you. His eyes widened for a second, the boy was joking but such words still made him panic… he had lied, he had lied so much that even a joking accusation felt like a spear piercing straight through his heart. His attention turned to his mother, watching for her reaction.

However, all Johanna did was smile, chuckling quietly at the joke as she gently squeezed the boy’s hands “Oh no! I’m sure he wouldn’t. And I’m very sorry you had to deal with all that, I know my children can be a bit… overwhelming at times. I hope Quincy isn’t too troublesome.” And that, accompanied by the pleading gaze was his cue to interrupt the little conversation. He definitely didn’t want to make Erik feel even more uncomfortable than what he already was, and he also didn’t want Johanna to say any more embarrassing things. So, he looked at her, allowing himself a soft smile as he placed a hand on the woman’s upper arm, action which made her turn her attention away from Erik and let go of the boy’s hands. “Hey Johanna, do you mind if I go show Erik upstairs until everything is ready?” There was no need for more explanation than that, because he knew his adoptive mother would understand, something that had been confirmed by a sweet smile and a nod. Just like the woman had so nicely put it, they both knew full well how overwhelming their family could get.

Once approval had been granted, he smiled at Erik, once again taking his hand before finally beginning to walk into the home. Had he ever been stuck at the entrance for such a long time? No, probably not, and he was glad they were now making their way up the stairs next to walls that were covered in recent and old family photos. There was no time for explanations, no time to stop and look at pictures of Quincy as a child, because, well… he really needed a second to get away. Soon enough, they had crossed the hallways, passed at least three doors just to open one that looked exactly like the others. Maybe he should have put more thought into all that, considered the fact that -unlike the dorms at Hogwarts- this room spoke much about his life; from the dark covers to the navy blue rug, from the discarded textbooks on the desk to the laptop that rested next to them, from the tv and dvd cases to the gray banner of Max’s team, from the sun filtering through the open window to the calico cat that laid asleep on the floor, from the stop sign that hang on one of the walls -so clearly taken from a street- to the few pictures that also adorned them: regular non-moving pictures of regular smiling people that Erik would likely never meet, people with whom Quincy too was smiling in such images. That room was like a summary of his life, and for some reason he hadn’t even question bringing his boyfriend right into it.

“Okay, sorry about that. They are awful and I won’t blame you if you hate them.” He didn’t look at Erik, instead, he fixed on the cat, because looking at that calm and sleeping ball of fur made him feel slightly less nervous than what he actually was. Hell, he felt like nothing but anxiety and panic at that moment.

@Erik Dwight

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 05:30 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3877 posts
neutral

As unfamiliar as the whole situation was, he could not say he hated it - in fact, it reminded him of the warm welcome in Kiljan’s house, where he had been welcomed like a son returning from war, with so many hugs and pleasant words. At his own home, there were hugs too - hugs from his mother and grandmother, and even at his father’s house the old house elf never ceased to amaze Erik by wrapping his wrinkly arms around the boy’s legs, giving him the slightest feeling that at least one creature in the house loved him. Well, in Quincy’s house, it seemed like he was on a good way of acquiring at least one enemy, although he gave Max a sweet smile before the older boy left. Talking to Quincy’s mother - Johanna - was harder. It almost felt like she could see right through him, removing layer by layer to expose the bones of a boy who tried to be calm and composed while he was a hurricane inside, too. “Don’t worry, your son is great,” he replied finally - and he meant it with every single syllable.

Still he was relieved when Quincy saved him, announcing they were going upstairs where no siblings or mothers would be around them. When the taller boy took his hand, he squeezed it lightly, a quiet sigh escaping his lips as he followed his boyfriend around, curiously looking at pictures that littered the walls. In a way, being in someone else’s house was always very fascinating, and he just watched in silence, processing the recent happenings quietly. It was not overwhelming - not quite too much for him to snap, because he had always been good at staying in crowds or surrounding himself with people that were so much louder than he was himself. Yet the silence upstairs was almost deafening compared to the noise downstairs.

Somehow, Erik knew exactly what it meant to open the door to one’s bedroom for someone else for the first time - and his stomach was fluttering as the door opened and he followed Quincy, green gaze curiously wandering around. Specks of dust were dancing in the sunlight that fell into the room, and his eyes got stuck to the Quidditch banner for a second, without commenting on it. The stop sign was amazing, and his gaze lingered on the laptop and the DVDs, before returning to the cat on the bed. He had not even known that his boyfriend had a pet - yet it made sense, given the lion’s usual reaction towards cats in general. Then Quincy spoke, and he seemed to be worried about the whole situation. So Erik shrugged and sat down beside the cat on the bed, shrugging off the leather blazer and pulling on the short sleeves of his t-shirt instead. His fingers rubbed over his forearm and the curls of the tattooed snake on it, without even looking at it.

The same hand reached out to gingerly pet the sleeping cat’s soft fur, a gentle smile appearing on his lips. “They’re awesome, don’t worry. Your brother is a little overprotective, though. Told him I’m gonna kick his balls so if he doesn’t like me, now you know why." Finally, the Swede looked up, grinning at his boyfriend without ceasing to stop petting the cute little kitty. “What’s his...her name?” he asked, raising a brow. He enjoyed the quietness of this room, hoping they would have some time left alone together before having to rejoice with the family. Were they going to stay the night, or return to Hogwarts after dinner? Those were the questions Erik did not dare to ask, biting his lip instead.

@Quincy Elkins

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Quincy Elkins
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 07:39 PM
Stellify
7th
Muggleborn??
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
303 posts

Quincy ElkinsGryffindor

Exhausting. That was the perfect word to described his family, he loved every single one of them but there was a reason he had taken on the terrible habit of smoking - other than his stressful life at Hogwarts. It had all started during one vacation, after one of the usual heated arguments, when he had left for that very room and Sienna had followed, offering a cigarette. Who would have thought his perfect sister also had her addictions. It was their secret, a promise that bound them, one only seemed to strengthen the relationship that existed between them. A part of him wished his sister had been there, because the combination of her presence and Johanna’s always seemed to be what kept the family from falling into utter disaster, reminding them that they were supposed to be happy together with soft smiles and gentle stares.

On the other hand, his relationship with Sienna was one all too close for her just to be nice about meeting his boyfriend, he knew her well enough to know exactly how the young woman would have reacted, because inside her there was still this feeling for him that was much alike the one he had towards the twins: guilt - a guilt over not being able to protect adored younger siblings and make them happy. Sienna had been at Hogwarts during his worse years, and she hadn’t been capable of saving him from all the horrors that he met at that school; he had tried to save the twins by getting them to go to Beauxbatons, but that hadn’t helped either. Yet, while his reaction to it all had been distancing himself for Anais and Andre, his older sister had become rather...overprotective, and knowing her, she was likely to do a full background check on Erik if she ever learned his name. The woman could be scary, no wonder she was a hit witch.

So, maybe it was better if Erik didn’t meet her, they were already dealing with enough crazy. His eyes scanned the room for a moment, landing on the cat that laid asleep on the bed, did it always sleep there even when he was gone? It seemed that way, then again, the grumpy old furball seemed to sleep wherever she wanted anyways. It was almost surprising to see the animal allowing someone to pet her, as it usually ran away from strangers or scratched them, somehow, the sight of Erik next to the sleeping feline on his bed made him smile despite all the anxious feeling currently dwelling inside him. If only he could have captured that moment forever. The lion even allowed himself a chuckle. “Is he? I'm sorry, I can yell at him for it later, we usually don’t get along well. Max is stupid, just ignore him. I’d let you kick him, but he’d punch you for it, and you’re too pretty to end up getting punched.” Quincy smirked.

Walking over to sit next to his boyfriend, Quincy smiled, leaning over Erik to have a look at the cat that rested at the boy’s other side without daring extend a hand to touch it, oh no, that little bastard had scratched him one too many times already. “Sona. I’m surprised she’s even letting you pet her, she’s a bitch to literally everyone, me included.” he replied, words that made him think about the fact that maybe his cat was a lot like him and Erik was just special. It wouldn’t have been surprising if it were true. The thoughts came as almost comforting, finally taking a moment to actually looked at their surroundings properly - it seemed nothing had changed at all, which wasn’t a surprise, nothing ever did seem to change at his home. Quietly, he let out a sigh, the only real expression of how tired he felt after just a few moments with his family. How was he even going to survive dinner?

@Erik Dwight
Meowmeow

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 04:58 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3877 posts
neutral

As much of a support as a family could be, the constant nagging and the worries were rather stressful - and Erik knew, because his family had not stopped nagging and worrying about him ever since the fatal day he had been brought to St. Mungo’s, watching each of his steps whenever he was at his grandparents' mansion as if he was going to turn his wand or a random kitchen knife against himself. It must have been so disappointing to see that all he did was curling together on the couch or on his bed with a book, unless he sat on the windowsill and listened to music, while he watched the waves crashes against the Northern Swedish shore. Had Quincy been treated with the same caution after his pool accident? Most likely, but those were the things they simply did not talk about outside the cosy protectiveness of a pillow fort. He did not want to wake sleeping dogs with questions that felt triggering, while they both were quite obviously already on the edge thanks to the idea of meeting Quincy's family - even though it really could be so much worse. "You don't have to yell at your brother, it's fine. I'm just going to kick him for reals if he annoys me. You need to tell your family I usually am not left without surveillance, as a good excuse."

Erik looked up from petting the cat's soft fur, smirking at his boyfriend before he pulled his hand away - just in case the cat would wake up and decide to attack him after all, fulfilling Quincy's prophecy. "Sona is a pretty name," he replied quietly, green eyes still focused on the other boy who looked so horribly tired in that moment. "Guess dinner doesn't take long enough to take a nap before?" he asked, only halfway joking because Quincy looked like he could need one. But where was the boy's happy place, when he felt exhausted at home and uncomfortable at Hogwarts? Erik had Sweden at leasts - the coasts of Luleå were his home, the salty sea air and the cold, dark winters. Could he take Quincy there? Could he bring up the same courage to introduce the boy as his boyfriend, and not just a random friend he had brought along? Erik was not a coward, yet he was avoiding confrontation whenever it was possible for him.

Now that Quincy was leaning over him anyway, he leaned back, resting his head on the boy's shoulder and wrapping his arms around the lion. He closed his eyes and buried his nose in his boyfriend's shirt, sighing a little. "If you want to...we can go visit my home some time. It would just be...a lot different from yours, though," he started quietly, not looking at Quincy as he spoke. The offer felt so weird, so out of place, and he just wanted to be held close and not think about anyone else any more. Was it too much to ask for, to live in a small bubble and never quite escape out of it again. He adjusted his position, guessing that it was rather unlikely for any of the other's siblings to enter unannounced, before he just dropped himself with his head on Quincy's lap, huffing a little.

"Are we staying or leaving again tonight? I mean I can leave by myself too, I was just wondering." Really, Erik had not meant to accidentally invite himself for a sleepover or anything, backtracking rather fast once the words had tumbled over his lips. The constant insecurity had been dulled by the alcohol all the same, and now that it was gone, everything was so goddamn intense all the time. He didn't really enjoy it and needed a break, a few well placed affections to calm his nerves again.

@Quincy Elkins

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Quincy Elkins
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 02:37 PM
Stellify
7th
Muggleborn??
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
303 posts

Quincy ElkinsGryffindor

Maybe the whole reason he enjoyed taking naps instead of attending classes was to gain a few seconds of peace. Hogwarts had never been home, there had been little to none truly happy memories in the castle in all his years there, even with all the parties and all the enjoyable inebriated encounters, and most of the time he just felt truly uncomfortable and out of place. On the other hand, his home -while safe and welcoming- was chaos, and the constant need to smile when he truly had no feelings that made him want to smile was just… exhausting, having to constantly lie was exhausting too, and the fear of disappointing his adoptive mother was so even more. So, he took those short moments to himself, those times when he could just lay down on soft grass and stare at clouds while smoking a cigarette where no one was likely to find him, moments so serene yet never lasting. Months ago, had he been asked, Quincy would have said those were his happiest times.

Now, it was different, and while there was chaos around him and anxiety within him, the lion was thankful for Erik’s presence. Somehow, that boy always made everything. Somehow, the moments spent with him had past to become the happiest Quincy had had in a really long time, even moments when things weren’t looking so great at all. So, he chuckled, gaze going from the cat to his boyfriend. “Is it? Sienna -my older sister- named her long ago, I found her when she was a kitten about… well, I think I was like six or something? A while ago.” Was he that easy to read or was Erik just becoming really good at guessing how he felt? Whichever the case, the question made him sigh, smiling faintly at his boyfriend. “I wish, I could really use some cuddling and a nap right now.” The boy replied honestly, because while being honest about how he felt wasn’t something he was fond of, it seemed to come naturally when he was around that blonde.

Once again, Quincy smiled, tiredly yet meaningfully as Erik wrapped arms around him. His eyes narrowed at the words, looking at his boyfriend as he considered them. If you want to...we can go visit my home some time. Had this whole visit made the eagle feel pressured to let Quincy meet his family? He hoped not, as this was not supposed to become such a big deal in the first place, it was just supposed to be some casual visit, one of the regular family dinners - except that with his boyfriend. “That’s only if you want. I don’t mind not meeting your family if that makes things easier for you.” He finally replied, quietly though with no hesitation. In the end, he was no idiot, and he was also too well aware that most families wouldn’t be as acceptant of their relationship as his had been… specially not a pureblood family. Specially not the family Erik seemed to have.

It was somewhat saddening, because he wasn’t sure how that made the boy feel. In truth, he cared little for meeting Erik’s family, yes they were important to him and yes he wanted to see all the things he had heard about under that pillow fort, but he wouldn’t have minded never meeting them if that’s what it took for the boy to be happy. Family was important, too important, and the last thing Quincy wanted was to become something that came in between Erik and his. Fingers gently ran through the boy’s hair as he shifted positions, making Quincy ponder on the question for a short moment. “Do you really think I would let you leave by yourself? We can stay if you feel comfortable with that. You could finally spend a night in my bed.” A teasing smirk curved his lips. Though, he definitely wouldn’t have minded staying.

@Erik Dwight

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 03:22 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3877 posts
neutral

Quincy’s room was a safe island in the middle of a rough sea - the eye of the hurricane, where all the chaos raged around without ever affecting it. It was a sanctuary, a place to take a breath before submitting themselves to the mayhem that came with such a big patchwork family again. Dinners at Erik’s home were not like this - there was a quiet exchange of words and laughter, with house elves setting the table and putting the dishes on it, unless his grandmother or mother felt like cooking and baking themselves. It was not half as rare as one could assume, as the women knew how to cook - it was just easier to host dinners with house elves around. In this house, there were no elves - just magically moving pictures to give away wizards were at home here. He wanted to curl up against the taller boy and fall asleep, skipping all obligations for time alone with his boyfriend, far away from the prying eyes of other students.

Things were never that easy. They could not cuddle and nap until later - and even if they did, he knew they would give themselves away with messed-up hair and a fresh hickey or too, as cuddling never stayed as innocent as it sounded in the first place. He glanced up to his boyfriend, sleepily blinking and pouting at the reply he received. “I don’t feel pressured to take you home. I just think it would be nice. Like, we could even go when they aren’t around. The trade of magical artifacts brings a whole lot of travels around so the house stays abandoned a lot. There’s the sea…” And it probably said a lot about Erik that he yearned for a place more than for the people who lived there, no matter how much he loved his family in the end.

You could finally spend a night in my bed. This, and the gentle fingers in his hair was all Erik wanted in this moment, and he laughed quietly. “I’d love that,” he whispered, before he sat up again and smoothed down his hair. Then he leaned in, placing an almost coy kiss on Quincy’s lips before pulling away and muttering close to them: “I can’t wait to wake up next to you without anyone trying to give us detention for it.” The Swede grinned savagely, before pushing himself off the bed again - the jacket staying abandoned, because he did not want to put it back on. If he were any different, he would have glamoured the tattoos, the curls of the snake on his forearm to smooth down his whole appearance - and yet he did not, leaving the tentacles of the octopus peek from underneath the sleeve of his shirt and the snake on full display, stretching a little with a small yawn.

A pale stripe of skin was exposed for a second before he dropped his arms again, swinging them before placing them on Quincy’s shoulders. “Time to throw ourselves to the wolves again?” he asked with a smirk on his lips, green eyes wandering back to the cat that seemed to be unfazed by their doings so far. He was not saying that he wanted to get over dinner with Quincy’s family - but the temptation of finally closing the door and getting in Quincy’s bed was simply way too big to be ignored for now.

@Quincy Elkins

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Quincy Elkins
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 10:27 AM
Stellify
7th
Muggleborn??
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
303 posts

Quincy ElkinsGryffindor

They may not have been the best family out there, but in Quincy’s eyes they were still among the most amazing people he had ever met. The Elkins’ had given him love and affection when it wasn’t their duty to do so, they had taken care of him even though there was blood ties that bound them together, and they had shown him the meaning of family. He loved them, he truly did, from the bottom of his heart. He loved them despite all the arguments and how chaotic their time together was, he loved them despite all the terrible things his younger brother may had thought about him, he loved them enough to lie to them about how horrible his life was in order to make them happy. For them he would live a fantasy, pretend the world was perfect when nothing about it seemed to be.

Still, that day, being there with Erik… he didn’t want to lie. For the first time in quite a while, Quincy felt there was something in his life he was truly happy and proud about, something in his life he wanted them to know about. Maybe that’s why that whole dinner meant so much to him, why he so desperately wanted Erik to like his family, because all of the people that currently were in that home meant too much to him to even express it with words. He wanted to go back down there, he wanted to talk and laugh and smile like he did whenever he was around his family, but at the same time he didn’t want to pressure his boyfriend to deal with more than what he was ready for. The reply made him look at the blonde, considering the words for a second. Truthfully, there was a part of him that feared ever meeting Erik’s family, probably a result of all his terrible experiences with purebloods in the past, and the more recent one with Severin. Yet, if that was what the boy wanted, how could he possibly refuse? “That does sound nice, though it better not be cold when we go.” Quincy smirked, though he could not deny such an idea did bring him happiness.

Out of all the things that could have washed away the stress generated by the complicated interactions with his family, there was nothing that worked quite as well as holding that boy and receiving kisses… even if they were kisses that made him raise a brow and left him craving for more. He could have spent that whole afternoon in that bed, cuddling and kissing Erik while they ignored all the chaos that occurred at the other side of that door. Too bad such things would have to wait, as such intimate things were not the purpose of that visit. “Hmm detention versus having to have breakfast with my parents, tough choice.” He joked, as morning in his home were much calmer than those dinners, and usually he always ended up having breakfast on his own anyways. Maybe they should have visited when less family members were around, one of those regular weeks when it was just Johanna and Grace, sometimes even Samuel, but without his other siblings. Maybe they could visit again someday, if Erik was not completely traumatized by that experience.

At the question, Quincy let out a sigh, wishing they had a few more minutes together before stepping out of the safe haven that was his room. He grabbed onto the boy’s shirt, pulling him closer in order to lock their lips in a short kiss. “Don’t worry, with my brother here I don't think we will be the main topic of conversation. You’ll survive, though I’m not sure if I will.” As always, it was much easier to deal with things though the use of jokes and sarcasm.

@Erik Dwight

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 03:20 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3877 posts
neutral

Every family had issues - that was just a fact, nothing that could be shaken. Perfect families only existed on the covers of the magazines he often saw at the train station when taking a train to London - those smiling faces full of joy, blonde parents carrying their equally blonde children over a meadow while the sun was shining down on them. Real families were not like that, no matter what posed portraits might be telling. Erik had no right to voice any critics - and anyway, there was nothing to complain about. Quincy's mother was a ray of sunshine, gentle and warm; his siblings were as livid as they could be, all worries about being threatened by Max aside. There was no need for explanations or apologies, because despite his intruder's status, he felt welcome here - yet more in the safety of his boyfriend's room than anywhere else in this house. It made him want to be the kind of boyfriend Quincy could be proud of and deserved instead of the Dwight kid everyone knew as the whore of Hogwarts.

It did not even come to his mind that Quincy had chosen the retreat for his sake and not his own - Erik did not need saving, he simply needed to take a breath to keep the facade of a perfect boyfriend upright while he knew he was anything but that. "Summer's the warmest - although it's also...not as warm as you might know summer to be," he explained with a small smile, shrugging. Would they even still be dating in summer? It was such a horrible thought to think, yet everything was ending - especially Erik's romantic relationships, mostly due to his own behaviour. He did not want to lose Quincy, and so he just forced a smile on his face again. "We'll see. Now we're here, and I'm dying to get to know your family better." And he did not just say it to calm the lion's nerves - he meant it.

Having breakfast with my parents. It had not occured to Erik that this would be a thing - and it only made him wonder if they would know what had happened at night when he appeared at the breakfast table in the morning, looking like his usual dishevelled self. It was most likely a lot like seeing a professor pregnant all of the sudden, with the realization of They had sex! popping up in everyone's mind. With one's own child it was probably a whole lot more awkward, and Erik really should not be thinking about such things in the first place. his mind just had a tendency to wander to impure places when Quincy was kissing him back like this, making him grin into the kiss. "You can't die - your brother will blame me and he's like twice as tall as I am. Dying is out of question. Come on, I'm sure it'll be fun."

Erik smiled at his boyfriend and took his hand, for once taking the lead in this. At least this was not the kind of home he lived in, with too many unused and abandoned rooms and hallways scattered all over the wings. On the stairs, one could hear the chatter from the kitchens - and it was so strangely homely that Erik was willing to abandon all anxiety, just squeezing the older boy's hand as they left the room again and walked down the stairs again, footsteps joining the chatter and announcing their return. It dawned on Erik he had never been to such a casual dinner with someone - only those formal pureblood dinners with too much food and wine he had loved to spend underneath a table rather than anywhere else - and later on the libraries of whatever house they were in, hiding from any kind of interaction with others.

@Quincy Elkins

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Quincy Elkins
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 07:35 PM
Stellify
7th
Muggleborn??
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
303 posts

Quincy ElkinsGryffindor

The sudden movements of the cat were almost enough to startle him, watching Sona as she stretched and finally jumped off the bed without even taking a moment to look at them, something that made him chuckle. Despite how stressed and anxious he had been about that dinner, Quincy was happy, a faint smile curving his lips as he looked at his boyfriend. In the end, it was always nice to be back home, to see his family, and to have Erik there with him. His family members weren’t perfect, and neither was Erik, yet in his eyes they were, all flaws easily cast aside or ignored, as those were the people who truly made him happy. It may not have been the best thing to do, but he did not care, as the last thing he wanted was to think about even more things that were wrong with his life. “I was just joking, we can go whenever you want.” He gave back, smirking.

Truthfully, it hadn’t been much of a joke, cold weather was always unappealing to the lion. Still, he was sure he could stand a couple of days of that if it would make Erik happy. There was a part of him that wanted to see all those place he taught about with such affection...and could he even wait until Summer? He had never been one to ponder much on the future, on how long their relationship would last, or for how long that boy would actually want to be with him. He was just sure it would end at some point, because when did good things ever last? It was not something he wanted to think about, as he desperately wanted to hold the blonde and never let go off him, but the thought did come to mind from time to time. “Oh joy. As long as you don’t get Johanna to bring out the family photos… wait, forget I ever mentioned that.” Quincy replied sarcastically, eyes widening as he smiled at his boyfriend. Right, how could he think about all those depressing things when that boy always made him so happy?

As Erik took his hand, Quincy watched him in silence, blinking as he was guided down the hallways of his own home. When they finally reached the bottom of the stairs, he was greeted by the familiar sensation of a shorter figure hugging him - much shorter than him and Erik at least. The amber eyes of the girl found his, a grin curving her lips. She didn't look older than ten, rather short for her age, and of dark hair that fell over her shoulder in luscious waves. Out of all the Elkins children, she was probably the only one who could have actually been confused for Quincy’s actual sibling. “Oh hey, I was wondering when you’d show up” He smiled at the girl, genuinely and warmly, earning him a head tilt from his sister. “I was at Lucy’s house. Mommy says dinner is ready.”

For a second, he squeezed Erik’s hand, rather glad that it was just Grace meeting them at the stairs and not Max or Anais. He looked at his boyfriend and shrugged, still smiling. “This is Gracie, my youngest sister. Grace, meet Erik.” He introduced them, turning to the girl as he realized this was probably the only proper introduction he had done in the whole afternoon. Grace’s eyes widened as she finally noticed the boy that stood next to her brother, now fixing on him. “Everyone's been talking about you. Are you Quincy’s boyfriend? But you’re both boys! That’s so cute! I like your tattoos, mom says I can’t get any tattoos.” Like children often were, Grace was cheerful and honest. Making Quincy inevitably laugh lightly at the awkwardness of the encounter. Then again, he really wanted to hug her, why couldn’t the rest of his siblings be as adorable and nice as Gracie?

@Erik Dwight

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 04:34 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3877 posts
neutral

The joking and teasing had always been their safety net - even before the boys had started dating and pouring their hearts into each other’s hands. It kept the air around them soft and light and made sure the darkness would not take over - even now as they were not quite sharing truths and yet feeling unusually anxious around each other. “Sure thing,” Erik just muttered, because he had no idea when the Leander mansion would be empty again - and was he really ready to bring Quincy to a house with too many rooms and stables, with house elves and expensive, magical artifacts everywhere, with gossiping portraits on every wall? He would have to sleep over his own idea first, words so much faster than his mind was working on most days. “Family photos? Oh, I always wanted to see you running around in diapers - finally my deepest desires will be fulfilled,” the Swede joked with a wink at his boyfriend. It was only fair - embarrassing photos in exchange for the fact Erik put on cat ears for this boy. Not that he did not enjoy it, of course.

Erik had to be honest and admit that he had not counted Quincy’s siblings, and only when the small, dark-haired girl appeared - out of nothing, like a ghost, like Madeline Usher in Edgar Allan Poe’s story - it dawned on him that there had been more faces on the photo Quincy had shown him when they had been lying in the pillow fort. It was nice to see them all walking around, to meet them. Yet his green eyes widened a little at the small girl’s words, before he could not help but snort a little. Children often made him uncomfortable - they were small, almost fragile, needed attention and someone who was responsible for them. Elsa Storm - his cousin, niece of William Dwight - had been an exception to that rule, because she seemed to be so much ahead of him, apart from her small height. Gracie.

Watching Quincy’s expression change as he looked at his little sister was almost better than looking at the girl herself, because he could see how much the older boy loved this girl. “Hej Grace, I’ve heard about you,” he replied quietly after a moment, offering her an almost timid smile. Not that there seemed to be much shyness coming from her as she started speaking. “And yes, I’m his boyfriend. Glad you think it’s….cute,” Erik added after a moment, raising a brow at the girl. His gaze wandered towards his arm where the tattoo was visible, back to the little girl. For the moment he deliberately chose to ignore the everyone’s been talking about you part of her little speech, because that would only give him a headache.

Instead, he let go off Quincy’s hand, tapping his own arm for a moment. “I’m sure your mom doesn’t mind a tattoo if you can actually wash it off later again. If you want to, I can draw one on you...after dinner, I guess.” The offer came quietly, and once more almost timid as he looked down at Grace, wondering if he was being too fast forward, too much of a bother already. It was not like his drawing skills were outstanding in any way - they were rather shitty, but he would do whatever he could to make Quincy’s family like him, to make sure that they were proud of Quincy for having made this decision while deep inside he knew there was nothing to be proud of, at all.

@Quincy Elkins

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
Quincy Elkins
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 11:58 PM
Stellify
7th
Muggleborn??
Gryffindor
17 YEARS
303 posts

Quincy ElkinsGryffindor

If there was one thing which was obvious at first glance about the Elkins family, that was that Johanna loved her children more than anything in the world - truly, as if they had been born of her, and perhaps even more. Every important moment in their lives was carefully documented, from the day each had first been adopted, until the most recent events in each of their lives. Photo albums filled a bookshelf in the living room, all of them carefully organized by year and containing hundreds of pictures of smiling individuals. But there wasn’t a single picture of an infant Quincy wearing diapers. He didn’t blame Erik for forgetting, it was one of those things that were easy to forget for someone who came from a family that was arguably much more normal than his (at least from the shared bloodline perspective). So, he simply smiled. “Sorry to say, but you’ll have to keep imagining it, I had stopped wearing diapers by the time I was three. I’m sure you could find other embarrassing pictures though.”

If he had to choose favorites among his siblings -a terrible thing to do- and be completely honest about it, his sisters would always come first. It may have been harsh, yet his relationship with his brothers had been stained over the years, to the point that being around them often resulted to be nothing short of painful and annoying, always ruining his mood. With his sisters it was different, there was that affection, that persistent need to make them smile, all the secrets he shared with Anais and Sienna and no one else in the world, the why he never wanted Grace to go through any of the suffering all the other Elkins siblings had been through. So, out of Gracie, Anais, and Sienna, who did he love more? Quincy couldn’t really tell, as his relationship with each of them was unique, special, and completely irreplaceable.

Grace. She was like sunshine on a rainy day, with those smiles that could brighten up his mood no matter how terrible, with the way he just wanted to hold that small girl forever and to everything for her happiness. At Erik’s words, he smiled, watching both of them interact, almost surprised to hear his boyfriend make such an offer. Quincy chuckled to himself, maybe the boy did like the Elkins family after all, or Grace at least, and such thoughts made him rather happy. His sister on the other hand, she couldn’t have been more ecstatic, her eyes widening as her smile did too, displaying her small and pearly white teeth. “Would you really!? Oh! I want a unicorn! Or or...a birdy! Is that okay?” At the last question, she looked at her brother, head tilting slightly as she awaited an answer. In return, Quincy shrugged, truly incapable of ever denying any request made by that girl. Johanna would probably be okay with it, if not, he would convince her it was fine. “Sure, though I wouldn’t trust his drawing skills if I were you.” He turned to look at the blonde, smirking ever so teasingly.

Of course, he should have known Grace would care little for how terrible of an artist Erik may have actually been, as the girl was quick to grab his boyfriend’s hand and begin to drag him -or try to drag him- towards the dinning room. “Let’s go have dinner then! Quick!” Right, maybe he should have mentioned Grace wasn’t exactly the most patient of his siblings. What else could be expected from a ten year old? “I’m not getting you out of that one, you better know how to draw a damn unicorn.” Quincy whispered to the boy, grinning in amusement before joining Grace in her walk towards the dinning room. Not to his surprise, Anais and Max were already sitting, engaged in conversation and looking rather silly next to each other as the oldest Elkins was probably a whole foot taller than his younger sister.

@Erik Dwight

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Apr 1 2017, 02:42 AM
Tine
6th
Pureblood
Ravenclaw
16 YEARS
3877 posts
neutral

Erik had not forgotten that none of these children had been birthed by Johanna, some of them joining the family when they had already outgrown the diaper age. His issue had been that he had no idea when a child outgrew its diapers, with little memories of his own time spent as a toddler. Did other people have more vivid memories than a certain toy rolling over the floor, of soft hands picking him up, of the way the light had looked when it was reflecting from a shiny object and painting patterns onto the ceiling in his room. “Fuck, you were such a smart child then - I’m sure I know people who’ve still been wearing diapers at the age of five!” Erik joked back, smiling at the boy to ease whatever second of tension had risen between the two of them. “Can’t wait to see all your embarrassing pictures, maybe I should ask Johanna after them - subtly, of course.” And it was in this moment when he wondered whether there would be a photo of him and Quincy one day, a memory to hold onto - much like the very few photographs that had been taken in absent moments of him and one of his exes. He did not want to think about them - he only wanted to think of having a photo to pin above his bed.

He had not been sure what exactly his words would cause - yet the excitement they caused took him by surprise, and it made him laugh for a moment as he watched the small girl attentively. “Guess I can try either,” Erik said with a little shrug, images of horribly distorted birds rising in his mind. This idea had clearly been another act of acting before thinking, otherwise he wouldn’t have offered to torture a little girl with shitty drawings. But it seemed to make her happy - happy in an almost infectious way that made him want to smile and never stop again. The boy laughed at Quincy’s words, shaking his head a little. “I haven’t seen yours yet so you are not allowed to complain about mine,” he gave back with a grin.

The urge to place a soft peck on Quincy’s cheek was there, yet it was never executed because Grace decided to drag him along, uncaring of the boy’s short yelp as she grabbed his hand. At least one of his boyfriend’s siblings seemed to genuinely like him - or at least liked the idea of getting a temporary tattoo enough to accept his presence in her life for the moment. He looked up as he heard Quincy’s amused whisper, raising a brow at his boyfriend. “Can’t promise anything, but I’ll improvise when the time has come,” he just gave back - improvising was clearly his forte in general, and he felt a little more confident while getting dragged into the dining room where Anais and Max were already sitting on the table.

“We’re back,” he announced casually, with an almost sugary sweet smile towards the oldest of the siblings, pausing his steps because he had no idea about where to sit on a table like that - preferably next to Quincy of course. His green eyes wandered back to the older boy, hoping that more people would be like Grace and simply drag him where they wanted him to be - beside them, or just close by to draw tattoos on the girl’s arm.

@Quincy Elkins

--------------------

Sig by Jess<3
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png War Is Brewing Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8
The Beginning Sunset To Sunrise Avalon a Panfandom RP Storybrooke

Welcome to WR! We are an alternate universe HP roleplay set in the present day Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The current term is Spring 2017! Please register with a FIRST AND LAST NAME properly capitalised.