Hufflepuff
Ravenclaw
Slytherin
Head Students
Prefects
of the months

Add Reply
New Poll

“Never a good sign, he thought, when the crows showed up.”, Plotter for Alaric Ritter
Alaric Ritter
 Posted: May 17 2017, 05:46 PM
"Member"
Ender
11 Posts
Rep: 1 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Height
Status
Pureblood
Year
First Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash
Awards: None

user posted image
year one theme song

It's a cruel world for small things
But with lies and luxuries
In the in-between
You can be happy

Hi! Welcome to Alaric's plotter. Buckle up! Since he's starting as a first year, there is a lot of room for growth and development with this guy - some of it I have roughly planned, and some completely in the air. And hey - plans change.

Before we get into the meat, perhaps the biggest hole in Alaric's RP life is his sister. If anyone has an itch for another character and would like to play Phoenix, let me know! She's half developed, so you're free to move her around where you want. The only set aspects of her personality / story are that she was born unhealthy and strengthened up like whoa, and kept doing so as she grew older so she's basically a shredded 11 year old now. She and Alaric have an intense bond, and don't keep anything from each other. In exchange, she fights his (physical) battles and he fights her (emotional) ones.

Ok, to the meat! Here's Alaric's moral code ala his character sheet: he has a very strict personal code that, while probably nonsensical to others, he adheres to religiously. It’s acceptable to lie to people who don’t matter, if it’s for a good reason or will get him something he wants. If they do eventually come to matter to him, it’s unacceptable to continue to lie and he must start their closeness off with a completely clean and honest slate. People, including Alaric, should be able to laugh at their flaws and take ownership of them. Likewise, there’s no shame in pointing out these flaws in others, even if it temporarily hurts them. It’ll help them grow, later. Life should be lived as fully as possible, with as much love and laughter as he can squeeze from it – but there’s no time to waste on petty or insecure people who don’t care about him. There’s also no time to waste on anything or anyone boring. Alaric will try almost anything once, but if it doesn’t immediately spark interest him, he won’t give it a second thought.

Currently, his interests and strengths are:
  • he is an excellent concert-style classical pianist for his age, but not record breaking.
  • Alaric is decent with classes that require innate magical talent (Charms, Transfiguration, Flying) but an absolute failure with those with more intense structure (Potions, Arithmancy, Astrology, etc)
  • he could charm the spots off a cat if he wanted to.
  • wow does he chatter.
  • wow will he fight for you if he loves you.

In his first year, I want him to:
  • form a very close friendship
  • fail at something he wanted to be good at
  • form an intense rivalry with someone who is good at said thing that he wishes he was (maybe he's good at something they are?)
  • learn that not having a filter is more complicated than having one (hurt a friend with words?)

Down the line / more advanced years plot stuff that may be good to know for anyone interested in this weenie:
  • Alaric is gay / cis / dmab (the first of which coming into play around fourth year)
  • FinalForm!Alaric is a musician, and this right here is his image voice.
  • His is a classic case of open heart / wounded heart / cauterized / frozen / reopened. Right now he's so fresh and happy, it hurts me.

I think that's all for now! I'm super easy going and Alaric's really a good kid under all his selfish posturing, so let's play!

--------------------
PM
^
Yancy Velasquez
 Posted: May 17 2017, 09:40 PM
"Advanced Member"
Lyx
43 Posts
Rep: 2 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw
Height
Status
Pureblood
Year
6th
House
Ravenclaw
clash
Neutral
Awards: 10

Hi, I'm Lyx, I'm gonna introduce myself in your intro topic here shortly, BUT

I just got a new character this afternoon, so here I am to plot with you and maybe offer her if need be!

I'll toss three of my purebloods at you, two with slightly more specific ideas.

Yancy here is the newest. She was mostly raised muggle because of her family being sent threats as a way to get to her father, who is in some heavy mafia stuff, so she doesn't really behave like a typical old money pureblood (since she is, on both sides, she can play their games if need be). Shes a tinkerer, and has had a natural propensity for charms since she first started showing magic. She uses her skill in this specifically for making magical fireworks, which is what got her expelled in the first place. Maybe she could be used for the rivalry, as her propensity for charms makes them a breeze for her, much like breathing?

Tamsin Kapustina is one of my Slytherin girls and she's been through a lot, including but not limited to being married off at sixteen, her husband dying, her brother being painfully distant where he used to be her hero, and so on. She's also classically trained in piano and violin, but is branching out and is in a band with a Hufflepuff boy and their Ravenclaw friend. She's also struggling with her sexuality, so mayyybe she could help Alaric with that eventually?

There is also Ossia Bartolomeo, but she's mean and harsh, and not for the reasons that Alaric might be with the whole hurting his friends with words thing. She might actually find it endearing, though? I'm not sure. A little fluffy.
PMEmail
^
Ramir Khan
 Posted: May 17 2017, 10:01 PM
"Advanced Member"
JAL | Aslan
He/Him
32 Posts
Rep: 2 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Gryffindor
Height
5' 5"
Status
Half Blood
Year
4th Year
House
Gryffindor
clash

Um, I only have two children, but I'm crushin hard on your dude, so uh..here, have my youngest one!

Ramir Khan is a 4th Year Gryffindor. He is about as far from Alaric as possible and I think it's hilarious. He is quiet, honest to a fault, and a terrible liar. He is not shy or timid, however. He is just quiet because he is bad at explaining things/how he feels. People often call him "Ram" because he just bulls his way through most conversations/problems.

Ram is actually super enraptured with music, since it can express everything he's feeling without uttering a word. Except he doesn't play anything. But you might be able to get him to sing for you if he knows the tune. He's passably okay. Ram does love to dance though. So thats a thing. So yes. Concert pianist, meet Gryffindor who loves and appreciates classical music for all its depth and complexity. Just don't ask him to discuss it afterwards.

Ram is kind of preternaturally good at magic (and several other tihngs). He just seems to "understand" the way magic fits together very nicely. I imagine at some point he'll make a name for himself inventing useful spells/enchantments.

AS FOR THINGS THEY CAN DO TOGETHER:
-- Hilarious Thought, but not fleshed out idea: Ram is older than Alaric, so I could see Alaric convincing him (because he's tall) that Alaric has been a 4th year all this time and Ram never noticed. Ram is likely to believe him.

-- More serious idea: Alaric tries to get Ram to teach him something, and Ram fails miserably at it. His advice would be "and then you just cast the spell". So that could be nice and frustrating for you.

-- Ram creepily listens to him play piano cuz thats not weird. Maybe they make a habit out of it? Piano and Chill?

-- If Alaric hears Ram is good and challenges him to a duel because he wants to be better. I imagine Alaric will get his ass handed to him, but it seems like a thing Knight Knight would do.

-- Ram gets in fights a lot. So, if you wanna have them end up in detention together as kind of a first meeting, that's easy to arrange.

But really, Ram's actually very nice. He's just really reserved and quiet. So if there's anything you want Alaric to do that he needs a buddy for "trip to the forbidden forest, finding the secret swimming pool, etc." he could really just ask totally at random and Ram will probably sya yes.

--------------------
Ramir Khan
Profile | Plotting | Tracker
PM
^
Alaric Ritter
 Posted: May 18 2017, 05:16 PM
"Member"
Ender
11 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Height
Status
Pureblood
Year
First Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash

SHRIEKING I love alllll of this!

Ok so:

@Yancy Velasquez

Really digging the charms rivalry here with Yancy. Especially because she also seems like a "cool" person without having to try, and that's definitely Alaric's speed. Ultimately, what I really want to utilize with this rivalry is a way to ultimate make each other better through mutual frustrations and scowls. Not necessarily better at 'thing', just better people. What kinds of things does she like to tinker with? I imagine Alaric is fairly useless at anything tricky or complicated because he doesn't have the patience, but could be really intrigued if something looks cool and he doesn't know how to figure it out. Alternately, what are some things Yancy is really bad at? Ehehehe.

@Ramir Khan

OH NO HE'S CUTE. I'm so intrigued with music/dance stuff. Alaric hasn't danced since his momma died and definitely has no interest in doing so ever again (it wasn't his passion, he just knew it made her happy) but he still loves the idea/guts of it. Really letting go, not needing words to express emotion, all that good stuff. When his mom was alive, she ran a dance studio out of their house, and Alaric played piano for all the dancers to practice to. Not sure if Ram is into classical dance or contemporary, haha, but I smell potential there. And yes, Alaric will definitely convince him he's a lot older. He hates being "the kid", hehe.

--------------------
PM
^
Elias Deveaux
 Posted: May 18 2017, 05:38 PM
"The Boy With The Thorn In His Side"
Jynx
412 Posts
Rep: 12 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Slytherin Novice
Height
5'5"
Status
Pureblood
Year
4th
House
Slytherin
clash
Awards: 57

HI. It's Jynx again. I just wanted to say your plotter looks awesome <33

My youngest kids are in their fourth year. Tell me if you're interested in meeting any of them!

Elias Deveaux: 4th Year Slytherin. Grew up in a family of Gryffindors. His family expected him to be Sorted into Gryffindor, but when did life every go his way? He's pessimistic and brooding in a corner half the time. He spends a lot of time reading and his favorite is Shakespeare. He can help out with classes (because he's older) and he keeps study guides around for people (MAYBE someone will actually use them.) He can also play the piano and violin, but he's not the best. He gets stage fright and is more of a closet pianist. He learned because of family obligations and tends to be mechanical while playing. I'm always up for musical plots and duets. Elias only plays Chopin on the piano tho unless you want to watch him struggle WHICH IS ALSO FINE

Lihan Huang: 4th Year Gryffindor. Twins with a crazy sister. Both are super into martial arts and follow the motto: Honor before Reason. Hot-headed and tends to get into trouble (if only he thought a bit before speaking). He's the more rational one between the siblings though. Can't read music, but he does enjoy listening to it. I can see him befriending Alaric and probably falling for every single lie he says. (I just made him, so he's still fresh so I have less things to say ;c)

@Alaric Ritter

--------------------
user posted image Fluffball the Fifth by Bolt <333

user posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
Blaire Beauvelle Beaufort
 Posted: May 19 2017, 03:53 AM
"Unregistered"
0 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Status
Year
House
clash

Heya there, I'm Akkey and I have tons of kids but the character I have that tugged at my shirt while looking at your plotter is Blaire Beauvelle Beaufort.

Blaire music-wise plays different classical instruments but he enjoys sax the most and loves modern music but if you asked him to play something classical he'd know how to play it, who originally played it, and the background behind it because he was taught to play sax ever since he was adopted by his foster family the Beauforts. He doesn't go by Beauvelle but since that was his original last name. His foster family is very wealthy and is often seen in social gatherings so expect this boy to be very courteous and proper. This means he was always with private tutors on every subject and even image training.

Blaire emotionally is blank. He doesn't feel anything about people who he meets everyday. It doesn't help that his parents tell him to always keep up with appearances. He has to have no conflicts with people and always look and act perfect and flawless. This upbringing turned him into a near emotionless person. His only real emotion is when he's scared or anxious and when he does feel that way he just shuts down, try to run away, and cry somewhere hidden.

He's also in the first year despite being sixteen. It's complicated he doesn't even know why his letter came in five years late and he thinks the people who are in charge of the letters at Hogwarts are incompetent because of it.

Before I go to plots I have to tell you about the Beauvelles. The Beauvelle Family is an old coin pureblood family and are like the celebrities of both the wizarding world and the muggle world. Their beauty can rival veelas and they are also both inclined with the arts( mostly of performing arts). They also have a distinct genetic make up of having bright and pretty eyes. And lastly the Beauvelles are known to be a gentle and muggle loving family.

So now here's plots:

--- Blaire is good at potions and arithmancy because of his logical side in thinking and also horrible at flying He's scared of falling.. So maybe a thread wherein they teach each other?

-- Blaire isn't very competitive but he's a Beauvelle by blood so he is innately good at music! So maybe they can have 'Blaire-not-caring-but-is-amused-by-Alaric's-tenacity' thing going on?

-- Okay so hear me out. Blaire inside cares very little about people and acts like he's interested when people interact with him cause yea he's a Beaufort and he has to do it but he can't keep his mask on forever or he suffocates. I was thinking since Alaric's very chatty maybe it goes long enough to cause Blaire to lose his mask.

-- I also seriously want this boy to actually open up to someone and while reading your plotter I just see Alaric turning him back into the happy Blaire from before he was adopted by the Beauforts.

-- Also if they hit it off, Blaire's demisexual and doesn't really care about gender so maybe they can have a cute little romance when Alaric becomes older. I personally want to keep Blaire the same age and year but he's as flexible as I am so everything's all good.

I'm so sorry for the text wall, I got very giddy, if you'd like to chat about it my skype is io99asai
^
Alaric Ritter
 Posted: May 19 2017, 10:58 AM
"Member"
Ender
11 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Height
Status
Pureblood
Year
First Year
House
Hufflepuff
clash

Jynx hi!!! For @Elias Deveaux, I feel like Alaric would be the type to mercilessly tease him just to get a rise. The dark, brooding type is mostly just funny to him. That being said, he'd probably have more of a genuine connection with him when it comes to reading. Escapism is glorious. Alaric tends to have 3-5 "favorite" books that he rereads, and doesn't really branch out too much - maybe Elias could broaden his horizons? Library thread anyone!? And a little further down the line, I do think he'll need an actual tutor in Potions or History, because he will absolutely be failing one of those classes. (And, ahaha, funny you say Chopin - Alaric's talents and play style are based loosely off Ryota Yamazaki, who loves Chopin.)

I'm also feeling a weird pull toward @Lihan Huang, because they're both twinsets! Phoenix is a Gryffindor, suuuuper athletic, snarky and direct. She's crazy devoted to Alaric, so if she's ever run into Lihan she's probably mentioned her brother to him. There's also a chance that if Alaric sees him doing anything he might deem 'interesting' (aka trouble), he'll want in.

@Blaire Beauvelle Beaufort HEY SO AKKEY. Here's a really neat idea to bounce off ya: Alaric's family is also QUITE prominent, just in the wizarding world but on the opposite side of the spectrum from Blaire's - they're military and politicians. However, his mother was a prima ballerina until she got "too old" (32) so they had their toes a little bit in the performance world as well. I can almost guarantee that these two families have been to at LEAST one posh party. Not only that, but people who can't express emotion are infuriating to Alaric. He simply cannot understand why people don't want to be happy, even if that means exposing yourself to some really gnarly sadness (think Bob Ross: "Gotta have opposites, light and dark and dark and light, in painting. It’s like in life. Gotta have a little sadness once in awhile so you know when the good times come."). Normally, Alaric wouldn't waste his time being friendly towards someone so obviously out of touch with themselves, but he might be intrigued enough to make Blaire a project if he catches even the littlest glimpse of something deeper beneath the surface. If that happens, he would literally Not Stop Trying until he completely shatter's that mask. Alaric is relentless.

--------------------
PM
^
Blaire Beauvelle Beaufort
 Posted: May 19 2017, 11:04 AM
"Unregistered"
0 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Status
Year
House
clash

Awesome!

So glad to hear it! The Beauforts are muggles so Im not sure if they were in a party but if Alaric's family is alright with muggle gatherings too then I say they might have met at some point biggrin.gif

Blaire's gonna be a pain in the posterior for Alaric I can feel it.

@Alaric Ritter
^
Elias Deveaux
 Posted: May 19 2017, 02:38 PM
"The Boy With The Thorn In His Side"
Jynx
412 Posts
Rep: 12 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Slytherin Novice
Height
5'5"
Status
Pureblood
Year
4th
House
Slytherin
clash
Awards: 57

@Alaric Ritter: Since Alaric's sister is not here yet, do you want to start off with Alaric and Elias? They can totally meet at a library thread biggrin.gif!!!!

--------------------
user posted image Fluffball the Fifth by Bolt <333

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png Avalon a Panfandom RP Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8 The Beginning A Change of Heart Storybrooke War Is Brewing Forum Roleplay Site A BRILLIANT MAGIC