Muggleborn
Year
2nd
House
Hufflepuff
clash
n/a
Awards: 13

Music was playing in her mind as Imogen stepped out, immediately turning her face to the sunlight that had successfully broken through the retreating clouds of winter. Spring was nearly upon them, she could feel the warmth of the light on her cheeks like a promise. It was so much colder here, up in the Scottish Highlands, than it was where she’d grown up. But she always loved the times of transition with spring and fall. She wasn’t actually sure why, or maybe it was that there were so many reasons that it just became this huge mixed up feeling that she would only be able to describe with words if she was given pages of space to fill on the subject. That feeling though hung in the air and she could just picture the lingering snow melting, the dead leaves melding into the ground to bring up the fresh and new. Early flowers pushing up from where they grew from their bulbs, the first to greet the warming air.

It brought a bright smile to her lips that flashed in her eyes and gave her a burst of energy that added an extra bounce to her steps as she directed them toward her destination, humming the tune in her head as she went. The young badger clutched at the strap of her messenger bag as she walked, already having a place in mind unlike some of the times with these walks where it wasn't solely the destination but also the exploring that she loved.

In the bag that rested at her hip, Imogen had tucked away items for writing her letters, her journal, and some reading material. This term she was adding a whole new subject as she had applied to be a Healing intern. It was something she'd been puzzling over since summer holiday and she finally decided. As soon as she'd signed up she had simply felt content - an obvious sign that she'd made the right decision.

She actually really liked the greenhouse; she loved to watch things grow, week to week, the smell of dirt and flowers was nostalgic and so she thought it was a perfect spot to write her letters to her parents. Of course, there were many things to be found at the greenhouses at Hogwarts that weren’t anything she would ever find elsewhere and many things that were ever very dangerous. Her herbology classes sometimes made her think wistfully for the time that plants could only really kill you if you ate them.

Still bobbing her head as she walked, a slight sway to her steps as the music continued playing through her thoughts as she entered the greenhouse and eyed the area for a place to settle for some quiet writing.

---
[Outfit]
@Liam Andrews

--------------------
user posted image
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."
--
Workshop | Plotter | Tracker| Challenges
PM
^
Liam Andrews
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 05:18 PM
"Logic over emotion"
Kenz
She/her
282 Posts
Rep: 1 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Novice
Height
5'10"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
7th
House
Ravenclaw
clash
Awards: 16

Liam was happy for spring.

Then again, who wouldn't be, after the long winter that had seemed to last forever on the grounds of Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry? With spring came the birds singing, the thunderstorms, warmer weather, mud fights, Quidditch, the sun that warmed the earth, green things budding everywhere, and planting in the greenhouses. He grinned at the last bit as he made his way towards the greenhouses. It was time to do planting. The sun was shining and their were birds out singing, but the eagle was happy to get his hands back in the dirt that he could plant with. Of course he had been out there last week and truthfully, every day since, but the understatement of the century was the Liam loved the greenhouses. Almost as much as he loved magical creatures and animals, really.

Now, the young man smiled and whistled softly as his fingers dug into the potting soil, shifting the dirt and transfering some of the seedlings from the bag into the pot before shifting the dirt through his fingers, watching it fall as he buried the seeds in the pot to plan them. His smile continued as he whistled You've got a friend in me from Toy Story. He wasn't specifically sure why he chose that tune, but it had been stuck in his head all morning. Liam furrowed his brow as he shifted his weight, trying to remember exactly which pots that had already been plants. He was in sort of a rhythm and his thoughts had distracted him - something that didn't usually happen.

He continued on his task of planting, moving different pots around, lining up the ones that he had already done so he wouldn't make the same mistake again. He was lost in his planting, whistling softly as his fingers dug in the dirt and then gently moved the seeds, covered them and then gave them just a small dab of water before adding them to the mix that was considered done. Liam felt content and only paused when the eagle heard the tell tale sign of someone coming in - the opening and closing of the door to the green house.

Slightly surprised, he lifted his head, his fingers pausing in the pot that they were in. The soil was soft on his fingertips, but the soil made his fingers feel hard as it clung to his skin. His brow furrowed as he looked around for the person that had come in - certainly they wanted to be out in the sun, not in the greenhouses?- or maybe that was just his wish that he had so that they wouldn't bother him. Maybe they wouldn't bother him too much? Or, if he was really lucky, they would want to be of some sort of help to him. Looking around, he spotted the younger student, calling out to her, "Hello. How are you doing today?"

@Imogen Reeve

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Imogen Reeve
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 07:42 PM
"though she be but little, she is fierce"
Nadya
She/Her
85 Posts
Rep: 0 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Height
4'8"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
2nd
House
Hufflepuff
clash
n/a

"Oh!" Imogen honestly shouldn't have been surprised when she found that the greenhouse wasn't empty - though regardless, she was and the sudden voice had her taking a deep breath to calm herself with a quick fanning motion. The boy who spoke to her looked rather older, though he looked friendly? And sounded friendly? That was enough for her, so she recollected her wits and tilted her head with a smile. "Hi! Um, great! So far at least. It's really lovely out, so that helps." Then she processed that the other student looked to be planting things. She bit her bottom lip for a moment then closed the distance between them by a few steps. "Oooo, can I ask what you're planting?" she asked, her lips curving into a teeth windowing smile of hope.

The Hufflepuff really did love plants and growing things and that earthy-ness. Her House common room was just the best thing ever - it reminded her sometimes how she would decorate her own Bag End from the Hobbit - all round doors and natural things and loveliness. All it needed was a bunch more books. She would love to just build bookshelves every few meters into the curved cheerful yellow walls. She was pretty sure when she someday had her own living space she would paint it that happy shade of yellow and maybe add painted flowers along the edges.

"Sorry, I guess that basically was asking - my name is Imogen and if you were just looking for some quiet you don't have to answer my question. I was actually just looking for somewhere to write some letters back home." She worried her lip more before she continued, "though, if you'd be up for some company or some help with those plants, letters can wait, I'd love to get some dirt under my fingernails!" She giggled at that. "I used to do that all the time but less so since I got older. I love growing things. My mum has a huge garden at the farm," she paused, thinking on that a moment, rocking on her feet. "Well, that sounds a bit silly - it's a horse farm, so it isn't quite as silly as it sounds without the context." Her movement stilled then except for her dropping into the nervous motion of clutching the locket that hung from the silver chair at her neck. "Gosh, I'm sorry. I usually don't ramble quite that easily, I guess it's just the spring day. Anyway, I can let you be if you'd like, I don't mind."

She'd really been getting better about her anxious habits, she was fairly sure quidditch helped with that - it was easier when there was a topid that most could enjoy - and she'd made more friends, which was a great help as well. She was feeling much more comfortable around those that treated her with initial kindness and she had been letting her guard down a lot more on those occasions.

---
@Liam Andrews

--------------------
user posted image
--
PM
^
Liam Andrews
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 03:49 PM
"Logic over emotion"
Kenz
She/her
282 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Novice
Height
5'10"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
7th
House
Ravenclaw
clash

Liam had always liked plants and animals more than humans - even as a child. Even before the children and the teachers had shunned him in primary school, the young boy had been found with his faithful golden retriever by his side, Tigger, and going on adventures in the woods when he could. Liam smiled at the memory, his fingers digging into the soil once more as he watched the excited young girl that had joined him in the greenhouses. Her excitement was certainly infectious. The eagle had no younger - or older siblings for that matter - and he briefly wondered if he were to have a younger sister if she would get as excited as he or this young girl about the passions of her choosing. It would never be something that was fulfilled as a fantasy, but the young man had the slightest bit of amusement hint at his edges as he watched the girl nearly bounce around as she spoke to him.

It reminded him of Kiss, back when they were younger, always bouncing around, never able to keep still as he wanted to work in the greenhouses and she would not give up the fat that he wanted to do something alone. Never once had he minded her company; just as he did not mind Imogen's. "I'm Liam," he offered, after her big speech was done, giving a grin. "Sure, you can help if the letters aren't too pressing. Or I can talk with you as you write them. Whatever works for you, works for me." This was true of the eagle often times; he was laid back. Although he preferred his company to be animals, magical creatures or plants, it wasn't until later that he would hide away with his books. The world did not know that Liam Andrews was really an introvert at heart.

At one point the young man could say that he had been close with two people at the schoo, but now it was just him and Kiss. She had been awful busy in the last few weeks, so the eagle had made himself busy with other things - and it seemed more and more people had been finding him. Again the Ravenclaw didn't mind, it just meant that he needed to recharge his batteries at the end of the evening with a boo. This was not not a surprising trait for him - it seemed that his house was known for curling up with books at some point or another, whether studying books or for pleasure or both. "Oh!," he exclaimed suddenly, "I almost forgot to tell you, I'm planting Shrivelfig, today."

@Imogen Reeve

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Imogen Reeve
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 01:38 PM
Nadya
She/Her
85 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Height
4'8"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
2nd
House
Hufflepuff
clash
n/a

Imogen practically beamed at Liam's friendly replies, and her grin eased into a content smile that warmed her green-flecked brown eyes and pinched them at the corners. Carefully closing the distance between them, she stood over the pots and looked down curiously. The Hufflepuff really did enjoy Herbology, though it was rather more complex - and dangerous - in the wizarding world than the muggle one. "Oh...wait. That's the one that's...purple! Right? I remember purple. There was something else, but I can't remember." She tilted her head then bobbed it back with the beat of the song in her head, humming a moment quietly. Finally, she knelt down with no concern for getting messy. Honestly, some of her fondest memories were the messy ones. Times she'd been caught in a downpour in the middle of riding, mud splashing up past her knees. Having wet clay covering her hands and almost to her elbows when her mom and she had taken pottery lessons for a while. Making her first cake from scratch. And then there was the time with the container of glitter.

"Plants were so much simpler before I got to Hogwarts," she replied with a giggle, then she shifted so she was settled, kneeling on the ground instead of just being crouched low. "Not that I'm complaining, really, I still just find it all so amazing." The boy had been friendly enough that she felt safe with her confession, though she still ducked her head slightly and red tinged her cheeks. "And no, I just still write letters back home. I think it's hard for my parents, my being so far away, so I try to write on a regular basis." Her thoughts continued to wander down that path, however she cut off her speech on the topic. She doubted Liam had any interest in listening to her ramble about her muggleborn issues.

It made her a bit sad, thinking of her parents, as while getting her letter had been one of the single most wonderful things to happen in her life, it also created this distance between her parents and herself. They were very supportive and always asked her questions and seemed to never get tired of listening to her stories about all the impossible things she'd seen. But that left her feeling rather alone, sure she had friends now in this world of magic, but she didn't have family - an inverse situation to the earlier portion of her life. It made her wonder if despite all of her effort to fit in as best as she could, if inside she would ever feel that she belonged when she didn't have one of the fundamental grounding forces, family, was not part of her life here.

The young badger's gaze had grown distant, staring through the pots of dirt in front of her as her thoughts churned, before she realized, and gave a quick shake of her head - her wild mane of curls shimmying with the motion. "Okay, so how can I help?" she asked, cheerfulness chasing her momentary brooding away.

---
@Liam Andrews

--------------------
user posted image
--
PM
^
Liam Andrews
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 06:10 AM
"Logic over emotion"
Kenz
She/her
282 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Novice
Height
5'10"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
7th
House
Ravenclaw
clash

Liam was not an unkind person. He smiled with white teeth and tried to make people feel safe and reassured around him. Maybe it was because the eagle knew what it was like to loose a friend - to be walked away from. In truth, that was probably a part of the reason for the last few years, but the young man had always been a bright and happy boy for those that chose to interact with him. It would seem that he was meeting more and more acquaintances this winter and spring, but the young man was not yet quite sure if any of them could be considered a friend. Friend was a hard concept for Liam to swallow, although with the incident with Quinlan, the Ravenclaw had certainly been trying to keep a bit of an open mind when it came to that word.

Was it fear of the word? Hardly. It was more that he was afraid to let people in on that level, like if he admitted that they were friends then he was admitting that emotions were a part of the equation. Liam liked everything black and white - logical and rational, not using emotions to make decisions, even if the decision making affected the young man's moods in the process. For example, the eagle had been quite happy the week prior as he watched the rain and was dancing in it with Rode Connors, but disappointment had been felt when the logical and rational choice of going in before he got sick was made. In this way, it was the decision that affected the emotion, not the emotion that affected the decision. It was a puzzle - but one that the eagle loved to figure out in the depths of his mind.

Now, watching the happy girl, Liam would not deny her from helping him. Happiness was the one emotion that the young man found pleasure in causing other people and he nodded towards the plants that his fingers were working with. "I agree, they were much more simple in the muggle world." His thoughts drifted back to his parents - the rational decision had been to leave them behind and join the wizarding world, but at the same time, the eagle still missed them, visited often and wrote weekly, even as a seventh year. It seemed that this young girl was going through the same thing; although her emotions were probably in the way a little bit more, since Liam had more years of being away from his parents and thus more years to overcome the feelings.

"You can do these, over here. I'm just going to keep transplanting, if you want to start watering the set that I have finished?" He gestured to the plants as he spoke before his blue pearls moved to her face once more. In any case, the young man would be finished sooner than he had expected with her help. That was always a bonus.

@Imogen Reeve

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Imogen Reeve
 Posted: Apr 16 2017, 09:22 AM
Nadya
She/Her
85 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Height
4'8"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
2nd
House
Hufflepuff
clash
n/a

When the boy agreed and commented on the muggle world, Imogen beamed, but looked away, not wanting to be too obvious. It was just, made her so happy when she found other muggleborns, it just made her feel safe somehow that they were less likely to judge her. It made her wonder if they knew secrets she hadn't figured out yet, how to balance between the two worlds or if it wasn't possible. Could you enjoy both without feeling like one was smothered by the other or like you were being torn into two different people? Or maybe it was different for each person, which was both reassuring and disheartening, as it meant if she didn't like the answer, she could still hope it would be different for her but at the same time it meant there was no all telling answer. It was difficult to pick which would be better - she just desperately wanted to be satisfied with both side of her life though that seemed rather unlikely. When she was back with her parents she missed her boom, she missed all the magical creatures, the moving staircases, the talking paintings, the quidditch. While at Hogwarts she missed her parents, the horses, the gardens and fields, her room and all the memories. When within one world she missed talking freely about the other. She hated the hiding and hated feeling ashamed.

When their eyes met again, she flashed him a shy grin that she hoped shared that she appreciated him being kind, but then she looked away and took to his directing without much thought. Though she hoped he truly didn't mind as she did suddenly felt a bit like she was intruding, but still, it was helping him, right? Carefully, she stepped around the plants and pots and to the watering cans then carried one to the spigot to fill with water. She loved the feel of the greenhouse, it was warmer than outside, as the glass collected and held onto the sun's heat.

She wasn't quite sure what she was reading from the boy now, though she didn't often meet others that were quite as cheerful as she, he seemed a bit more restrained than his initial greeting, or maybe just distracted? Or maybe she was just letting her anxiety creep up on her again. Should she make small talk or maybe he welcomed the help but wasn't interested in having the quiet of the greenhouse disturbed. There was this itch in her thoughts telling her how much she wanted to talk to him about how he handled being a muggleborn. Her earlier considerations still churning in the back of her mind. Walking back over to the pots he'd set aside after transplanting, Imogen knelt down then bit her lip thoughtfully. He hadn't commented on whether she was right in her memory of what could remember. She was fairly sure she'd read about them when she read ahead in her herbology book - so they were likely going to be working with them soon. But at the moment she wasn't sure how much water the young plants needed. Some plants it was best to soak the soil thoroughly until the water dribbled from the bottom of the pot, while others it was best not to give quite so much water. After hesitating for a moment she finally spoke, looking up at the boy, her head tilted and expression a little sheepish at having to ask him a question, "how much water is best for them?"

---
@Liam Andrews

--------------------
user posted image
--
PM
^
Liam Andrews
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 06:09 AM
"Logic over emotion"
Kenz
She/her
282 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Novice
Height
5'10"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
7th
House
Ravenclaw
clash

Of course, the eagle was not always able to push the emotions away; it was just that when it cme down to it, he preferred to take the emotions away and make sure that he didn't react too much based upon how he was feeling but rather approached situations with a logical and rational sense. His mother and father were missed, there was no doubts about that. Even more than missing them, the young man stilled missed his golden retriever, Tigger. The animal had been his best friend, had gotten him through times when Liam had no one else to lean on. For example there was when his magical side had first come out; helping another six year old boy down from a tree without anyone knowing how, or when he was ten his grandfather had passed away and his mother had hit a severe depression, his father forced to focus on her rather than their young son that did not understand the grief that was surrounding them.

It had been sort of a relief to come to Hogwarts, to find JR and Kiss, be accepted for who he was. The fact that neither had spoken to him in a few weeks was met with the logic that they were busy with each other - though he didn't expect to be talking to JR anytime soon, since the two hadn't truly called each other friends since fifth year when the lion had walked away. Pushing aside memories and thoughts, the young man shifted another plant into the dirt, the calloused fingers used to the roughness of the dirt that was sticking to his skin. He shot the young girl another smile and watched as she joined him. "Gardening was something that I learned with my mom when I was a kid. This is different, but just as rewarding, in my opinion."

Liam looked back to the dirt in his fingers, having it ready for the seeds to be planted. He picked two up and added them to the mixture, making sure that diret surrounded them snug before covering them up and patting the dirt into place. It was a melodic gesture, something that over the years, the eagle had learned would keep him calm. aybe the reasons that he visited the owlery or the greenhouses laid within the fact was that he used them to calm himself down when the emotions were threatening. It was certainly healthier than the alcohol his grandfather or mother had run to.

His eyes went back to the girl as she spoke, wondering why she was so tentative for a brief moment. Had he done something to upset her? His response was gentle, still smiling, "It's okay, not to know. I'm sure you'll be studying them soon and then you'll be ahead, right? These need just a little bit of water, because they can even survive in snowy conditions."

@Imogen Reeve

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Imogen Reeve
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 08:31 PM
Nadya
She/Her
85 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Height
4'8"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
2nd
House
Hufflepuff
clash
n/a

Liam's smile was returned and he answered with added reassurance that made her wonder if it really was so easy to read what she was thinking. "I know it's okay, I did read ahead, there was something about this one that stood out, I just can't seem to remember." The young badger shrugged. "Thank you," she added and then began slowly dribbling water into each of the pots. Very faintly humming the song that had been playing in her mind. She did miss listening to music more often, one of the few electronic devices she had used often was her phone and she usually used it for music. And when her mother an her worked outside a lot of times they had a stereo. The thing she missed the most about her time outside though was working with the horses. Especially her horse Dreamchaser, she always went riding a lot during her breaks at home. Again, it was always one or the other, she was always going to miss something.

"I used to garden with my mother too, it most mostly vegetables and herbs, but nothing like here - I mean, besides the obvious even, there wasn't a lot to study about the stuff we grew as it was all just for food. It's amazing what a lot of these plants can do." She wondered a bit what kept the plants she'd learned about in this world from being found in the muggle world. Was it like some of the magical beasts that just couldn't be seen by muggles? Or if they were noticed they were made to forget? She knew she had seen glimpses of things out in the fields and she wondered if she'd seen something with someone else with her - as she had often wanted to happen - would they have not seen it even if it was right there? And some things actually affected wizards differently than muggles, and now that was odd too. "It was fun growing things that you could actually make into a meal once it was grown but these kinds of plant can really help people, I think that's even more rewarding."

So, Liam didn't seem to mind talking so she hazarded some more conversation. "I really find the ones that have medical uses interesting. I actually signed up for learning Healing as an intern. Before...all this, I had no idea what I wanted to do. There was nothing really, I just had hobbies, nothing stood out to me as what I wanted as 'what I wanted to be when I grew up' though. Everyone else seemed to have these grand ideas and I could never understand. I think I do now though." It had been very silly, but when she was younger that had really bothered her. That was always something adults seemed to want to know, even from really little kids, but she never had an answer to their questions - how was she supposed to know what she would be satisfied doing for her adult life when she was only six or seven? It had seemed ridiculous, but when she'd answered as such, the adults had usually given her odd looks or just laughed in that condescending manner.

There was a lot that seemed to be answered, as much as it led to more questions, when she'd been explained that she had magic. It was also a bit strange like she subconsciously knew that she didn't belong in that world - but this idea also didn't settle well with her as it meant that no matter how hard she tried to cling to that half of her life, her connection to it was to just gradually dwindle away. It was a sad thought.

---
@Liam Andrews

--------------------
user posted image
--
PM
^
Liam Andrews
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 05:35 PM
"Logic over emotion"
Kenz
She/her
282 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Novice
Height
5'10"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
7th
House
Ravenclaw
clash

It was a question that often came up for the eagle that was a seventh year - what did he want to do with himself once he left the sanctuary of Hogwarts? It was only a matter of time before he would be graduating and moving on from the place that had been his home for the last seven years. It wasn't something that he particularly like to think about - change was always scary for those that didn't know exactly what they wanted from life. Liam was torn between wanting to continuing to study or becoming a researcher - or the fact that he loved to be outside, experiencing mother nature. Whenever possible the eagle would much rather be learning hands on than through books. Maybe he could be some sort of explorer - searching far and wide for magical creatures and spending time with them suited the eagle just fine. Gardening and growing things was great; magical creatures and animals was where the young man's heart would always stay, though.

"I don't know what I want to do when I grow up and I think I'm quite a bit older than you," he responded, still smiling, despite the doubt that shadowed over him. "This is fantastic, but I could never be a healer. Too many whiny people to deal with, you know? And while plants, gardening and growing things here is all fantastic and stuff that I enjoy, I'd much rather go out and find a new species of a magical creature or something. If you think your ideas are crazy, mine are outta the park." He laughed softly as the baseball reference came easy; something that he had loved to watch with his dad on sunny days. His father was from the United States and had taught his son about the game despite the fact that many in London didn't know the sport.

They worked together, across from each other, Liam humming softly as he filled the pots and Imogen was hard at work; giving them just enough water. It was a pleasant exchange and the young man was filled with a sense that this might just become a natural occurrence between the two of them. Was this what it was like to have a younger sister? If so, Liam wouldn't have minded having a sibling at all. He supposed you could pick your friends but not your siblings so maybe it was better in the end that he didn't have one. For all he knew, his unborn younger sibling would've been a brat and knocked over the carefully planted pots.

"If you ever need help with spells and such for your intern, or knowing more about something..." Liam trailed off, trying to be careful about how he phrased things. He was one of the top in his class but he didn't often share this with people; then they started to look at him oddly and peg him for a nerd and such. Still, the girl was being nice and doing something to help him; he wanted the chance to return the favor.

@Imogen Reeve

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Imogen Reeve
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 06:59 PM
Nadya
She/Her
85 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Height
4'8"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
2nd
House
Hufflepuff
clash
n/a

Imogen squinched her nose at the comment about her age, though her smile dissolved any real annoyance shown in the action. No matter how she dressed or acted, she couldn't actually be older than she was and to be honest she wasn't particularly sure she wanted to be, it was more that she was so used to people patronizing her youth - especially in the muggle world. However, this wasn't actually the case with the boy's comment, in fact, he was simply reassuring her of the same thing her mother often did - she didn't need to have everything planned out and borrow unnecessary stress. Her parents had actually been a fairly good balancing force as the topic went; she'd spend hours and hours talking and studying and reading things with her father that were usually rather more advanced than topics of interest for a lot of children her age, he loved to encourage her curious and ambitious mind, while her mother would often encourage her to enjoy her youth and enjoy spontaneity.

The young badger giggled lightly at the eagle's words, regarding whiny people and his baseball reference, it was though his mention of magical creatures that had her chin tipping up and her smile brightening - her features perking up almost as an animal that caught a scent of interest, since such was the topic. She looked away quickly however, as she continued her work. Liam seemed very calm and lent her to keeping her emotions on the calmer end as well. Not everyone could or preferred to handle the full exuberance that she often portrayed, not that they were unfriendly, but when she got that sense from people she tried to adjust accordingly.

While she was wondering over the best way to continue the topic that had caught her interest, the older student offered help if she found she needed it, even though he trailed off - and while she wasn't sure if that was a hesitation for his part or hers, the offer warmed her heart. "Thank you, Liam. That's really nice of you," she spoke, sitting back a little from where she kneeled, her smile showing the hidden dimples at her cheeks. "It's funny, what you said earlier - I would love to help people as a Healer, whining and all," she giggled at that before she continued, "but what I really want to do is exactly along the lines of what you said."

Looking into the watering can for a moment to see if she needed more water, which she didn't for now, she then shifted her spot enough that she could continue watering the next few pots. "I used to wander a lot in the fields around my home growing up, and as I got older I'd sometimes walk all day out into meadows and woods beyond our fences. There were a bunch of times I knew I saw something...well, magical," once again the girl laughed, tilting her head to the other side as she focused down at her work.

"Of course, no one ever believed me but I knew what I saw. Then I finally found out I rightly could have seen things and things that the muggles wouldn't have and it's just made me so fascinated by them. Like the things we learn in Care of Magical Creatures class, but more, you know? I want to learn to Heal them. That's what I want to do. I know it'd be dangerous...but I don't care, that's what I really want." Imogen's speech had taken on a confident quality that she hadn't used nearly as much as she used to before she started Hogwarts, but the determination was evident even in the way she held her posture straighter. Then her chin dipped again and she sighed, "I just haven't talked to any of the Professors about it yet."

---
@Liam Andrews

--------------------
user posted image
--
PM
^
Liam Andrews
 Posted: May 7 2017, 04:45 PM
"Logic over emotion"
Kenz
She/her
282 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Novice
Height
5'10"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
7th
House
Ravenclaw
clash

For Liam, it was the magical creatures of the wizarding world that really drew him in to wanting to stay in the world with magic. Of course, the Ravenclaw loved learning in general and working with plants was great, but the magical creatures of the world was what really drew the young man in, made his mind wander, focused and grounded him in the world that he had not entered until he was eleven. The eagle had already found a great number of animals - from niflers, to mermaids, to ghosts and anything that he had studied in Care of Magical Creatures, the young man had read about any creature that he had heard about and thought to research. Devitt was helpful when he had wanted to learn about ghosts, or spirits, as the man had called himself. The stone Nasha had given him had been carried around for the last two months, a token of both the secret he was keeping and their friendship.

Blue orbs found the young girl as he continued to dig his fingers into the soil and planting the seeds. At this point he didn't really have to think about the repetition of the actions and it came easy the eagle that had done planted these very types of seeds for the past three to four years. His smile widened as Imogen spoke of Care of Magical Creatures. "Are you a third year, then?" he asked. If she was taking that class she had to be at least that old, but then again, maybe she was older. The eagle wasn't super good with people, although their ages were easier to remember than their names, for the simple fact that math came to Liam better than other subjects. Part of the analytical side of him, he supposed, although he hadn't ever really thought much about it.

"You're definitely on the track that I want to go on. A Magizoologist or something of that sort. My friend thinks that I'll end up a reporter just so I can travel all over the world and research and write about all the creatures at the same time. Although healing them sounds great, too. Not enough people appreciate the magical creatures in the world, I feel like." He flushed suddenly, looking down and away from the young girl, his little speech about magical creatures causing his ears to go red slightly.

Where had all of that come from, exactly? Liam was not one to talk that much at all, especially a big chunk that had just come out of his mouth. He could blame it on the fact that the greenhouses made him relaxed, but really, it was that he was very passionate about what he wanted to do with the magical creatures and his research about them. It was fascinating and the young man was bubbling up with energy inside of him because of the subject that the two were discussing.

@Imogen Reeve

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Imogen Reeve
 Posted: May 16 2017, 12:47 PM
Nadya
She/Her
85 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Height
4'8"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
2nd
House
Hufflepuff
clash
n/a

The young Hufflepuff bit her lip for a moment, looking down at the handle of the watering can where her two hands rested as her cheeks flushed. "Mm, no. I'm only a second year...but I read through some of the books I've heard they use in that class." Then she giggled. "I feel like I'm working my way through all the quidditch and magical creatures books that I can find in the library. But how am I supposed to see all these books with all that stuff I don't know and not read it?"

Shifting her weight back from her knees where she knelt and listened to the eagle talk, head tilted and smile on her lips. Her dark eyes shined bright at hearing a similar passion from the quiet boy that rivaled her own. She had honestly been surprised by how there was a lot less focus on magical creatures than she would have expected when she entered the wizarding world.

When Liam went quiet again and flushed, she leaned forward slightly her visage turning reassuring. "It's okay, it's good to be passionate about something. It's nice hearing you talk; I feel like I've been a bit overwhelming." Her grin grew and she wrinkled her nose once more before giving a clipped quiet chuckle. "Hmm, Magizoologist, sounds so fancy. Do they have people who focus on Healing them, like a magical vet?" at that she giggled fully. "Or is that not really a common enough thing to have a separate title for it?" Deciding maybe to give the boy a little space she got to her feet before stepping a bit to the side where the rest of the pots she had to water sat. Lowering carefully to her kneels once more she lifted the watering can up and started dribbling a steam of water into each of the pots.

It sounded strange but there was a smell to wet earth that mixed with the warm earthy aroma of the greenhouse that was so relaxing. Wait...Shrivelfig...shrivel-fig. Right! "Oh! Shrivelfig! It looks like a purple fig! I remember. It has blooms inside the fruit just like a fig. And it's used in potions. I can't believe I couldn't remember that - it's right in the name." She shook her head slowly, her mane of curls moving with the motion. "Sorry, I knew once I stopped thinking about it I would remember. At least that's what they always say, right?" Giggling once again, she moved to yet another small pot and watched the water slowly soak into the fresh dirt turning it a rich darker brown as it did.

"So....why a reporter and not just a Magizoologist? I mean, if you don't mind my asking." She thought it was odd that he had a friend that saw him doing that if he really just wanted to study magical creatures. It especially seemed a little odd when paired with how quiet the eagle seemed to be. That was rather like becoming pilot because you liked to look at sunsets. Sure you would see a lot of sunsets however, there had to be some stronger interest to make you want to fly a plane other than the scenery.

-----
@Liam Andrews

--------------------
user posted image
--
PM
^
Liam Andrews
 Posted: May 23 2017, 03:26 AM
"Logic over emotion"
Kenz
She/her
282 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Novice
Height
5'10"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
7th
House
Ravenclaw
clash

The girl reminded him of a younger version of himself, trying to divide and concure all over the library. He laughed softly, shaking his head. "That's not a bad thing, to want to know all about what either of those subjects. They kind of happen to be my favorite, too. I might like plants and growing things, but Quidditch is an amazing sport and magical creatures fascinate me." Liam was surprised how easy this conversation was to have with the young girl, for usually he did not feel so comfortable around others. His shoulders had relaxed at some point and he was truly enjoying this conversation. It didn't feel taxing and maybe, just maybe, the interactions wouldn't drain his batteries into needing alone time to recuperate. If he was lucky, anyways.

He smiled kindly at the girl as she had her lightbulb moment, shifting to move the pots to other tables where they would be able to receive just right amount of sunlight that was appropriate for them to grow. It was also a space that was reserved for the plants that he was growing; the young man had been doing this for so many years and students that wanted it could have a portion of a table for their own items without the fear that the plants would become communal. His calloused fingers were gentle as he put them on the window sill in the space that was labeled, Andrews before turning back to Imogen as she asked about Kiska.

The questions shouldn't have come by surprise, but it did and his fingers shoved into his pockets now, dirt no doubt caking the inside of it and the small shell that was in his right one as fingers wrapped around it. "I think at the time, she was thinking that magizoologists open up their own shop, like the one in Diagon Alley that is kind of seen as a pet store, where a reporter would go all over the world and actually study and research the creatures in their home habitat, if that makes sense?"

Since then, Kiss had mentioned also choosing this profession as her career, but the eagle wasn't sure how the lioness felt about it recently. In fact, they hadn't talked much about anything at all in the recent weeks and this was sad to the young man, even if he did not usually mind being the one that was "left behind." In fact, Liam was used to Kiss wanted to go on a great deal more adventures that he did, but he missed his friend, though he was pleasantly surprised that somehow, the ache that usually formed didn't seem quite so large as it usually was when he though of her. Maybe Imogen was having a better impact upon him than he had even originally thought.

@Imogen Reeve

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Imogen Reeve
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 07:42 PM
Nadya
She/Her
85 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Hufflepuff
Height
4'8"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
2nd
House
Hufflepuff
clash
n/a

The reassurance from Liam, and mention that they shared interests, brought a warmth to Imogen's visage and she felt herself truly relaxing. There was something calming about the other student, though she found herself wanting to see him smile more. While her other questions and comments had gone unanswered - possibly as she'd asked them while he was focused on moving the plants to the table - the boy seemed to give her more personal question some thought. When he started answering, the Hufflepuff set the watering can down to rest her arms and gave him all of her attention. Something about how he shoved his hands in his pockets, which was sometimes a nervous habit that she herself caught herself doing, and how he appeared lost in thought after his answer made Imogen wonder if there was more than he was saying. Still, he didn't seem to be pulling up a wall or frowning so hopefully she hadn't poked at any sore spots.

The older student was a bit hard for her to read to be honest, some people showed everything through their expressions and body language - little cues that she'd learned to pick up on while people watching as a wallflower in the muggle world and her own self awareness. Just like watching the ways animals communicated their feelings, people could be just as readable if you knew what to look for, even watching the movement of someone's eyes or how they held their hands could hint to their current thoughts.

The young badger was fairly sure she had started learning to look for these cues as a defense mechanism, having missed tells from people who acted kind but were really mocking her and her eccentricities. Eventually, she learned to just walk away when she caught the signs of dishonesty, while at the same time she was drawn to others who showed signs of shyness she knew all too well from habits of her own.

She considered his answer. "Hmm, yes, I think it does. Is there something that magizoologists do usually do? Or are they all different?" Brushing a few stray curls back out of her eyes, Imogen giggle. "Now I want to go to the library and look up magizoologists! Thank you, Liam, for giving me more that I want to read." Her admonishment was clearly teasing as she continued giggling through her words and bit her bottom lip before grinning at the boy. "I never get tired of books, you should see my room back at the farm. I think I got the habit from my dad - my mom would always tell us that instead of buying bookshelves we could just build walls with all the books we have."

------
@Liam Andrews

--------------------
user posted image
--
PM
^
Liam Andrews
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 04:09 AM
"Logic over emotion"
Kenz
She/her
282 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Novice
Height
5'10"
Status
Muggleborn
Year
7th
House
Ravenclaw
clash

There were so many people around Hogwarts that actually listened and talked to him; why was it that the eagle was still hung up on Kiss or JR when it had been days or even weeks since he had spoken to one or the other of them? His pearly blue eyes watched the young girl that had planted her arms and was watching him with eager eyes, a kind smile. It made the eagle feel somewhat important and the young man could not shake the feeling of pride that was swelling up within him. Emotions were good things when they were the cause of something logical and reasonable that had happened, and in this moment the eagle was happy for the time that he was spending with Imogen in the greenhouse.

It was not always this easy to talk about things with other students and yet, with this girl that couldn't have been more than twelve or thirteen, the eagle was finding it easier to talk and discuss topics than it was with his own classmates. Had time jaded him enough that it was harder to connect to his peers because of the two in his age group that had hurt him? Liam did not truly know the answer to this thought, nor did the young man really want to dwell upon it. Nasha had provided a distraction from the troubling thoughts about Kiss and JR, now Imogen was providing the same. It was a breath of relief. His thumb ran over the small rock in his pocket, one that he knew was faded in color, one that was a symbol of friendship between the mermaid in the lake and himself, as odd as it might sound.

Laughing softly, the eagle shifted to carry the rest of the plants to his area that was labeled, whistling softly once more. His fingers were smudged with dirt still, there was even a patch on his forehead that had come from when he had wiped his forehead at some point during this outing. It was a few moments before the young girl responded and Liam did not mind this. Turning back to her, the eagle gave another smile. "Books are the best walls there are, at least until it rains. Then I'm not so sure." Laughing at his own joke, he finished moving the pots. For the morning, he was done and the growling of his stomach told him that they had been at this for quite some time.

Gesturing to the door when he was finished, the young man wiped his fingers on dirty jeans once more, even if it was useless. "Thanks for helping me today. I'm going to go get some lunch now, if you wanted to join?" Liam was having a good time with this girl that it not even dawn on him that it was perhaps the first time that the young man was extending time spent with someone in quite some time. Maybe all anyone needed was a ray of sunshine in order to feel better and it certainly seemed that Imogen was his speckle of sun on this day.

@Imogen Reeve

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png War Is Brewing Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8
The Beginning Sunset To Sunrise Avalon a Panfandom RP Storybrooke