House points
Gryffindor
Hufflepuff
Ravenclaw
Slytherin
Head Students
Prefects
of the months

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

SPRING SKIN '17
Blyssenor Wright
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 10:52 PM

"CATCH ME I'M FALLING"

YEAR:
7TH
HOUSE:
GRYFFINDOR
CLASH:
CUPCAKE
HEIGHT:
5'0
SINGLE
Rep: 34 pts [ + | - ]

Blyssenor Wright
© ALICE // SHE/HER
Awards: 9

SPRING SKIN

Hi Wurrians! It's Alice, one of your resident admins, and I've updated us with a new skin for the spring term. It's not particularly 'spring' themed, but my goal here was to warm us up a bit from Winter Pain and focus a little more on the fantasy elements rather than the seasonal elements. I hope you like it!! I will note... this skin was one heck of a rollercoaster ride for me. Between bugs that were on JCINK's end and ... well... more bugs on JCINK's end, I had to fight to get this up and running. LOL. It's a miracle it's here right now, to be honest.

Now, a few things of note:

• A new profile field has been added -- Relationship status. Please make sure to have all your profile fields filled out. Your mini profile will look the way it should then.
  • The dimensions for the under-avi gif is 98x98. Some of your gifs re-sized well. Some didn't. I'd check them out to make sure.
  • We are still dealing with the add rep glitch, sadly. You can see the rep points but not add to them.

IF you have any glitches or weird things that you notice, please post here and let me know. Include screenies or examples! You can also just post to comment, too, I don't mind. Just be gentle on me everyone - a lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into this.

KNOWN BUGS

For some reason, for some of you, the switch account will overlap buttons. If it does that, just lemme know.

--

Thanks for all of your input, lovies!! <3

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Leona Santos
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 11:03 PM

"i love you • without knowing how, or when, or from where <3"

YEAR:
7th
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
Neutral
HEIGHT:
5'4"
Taken
Rep: 66 pts [ + | - ]

Leona Santos
© Cat // She/Her
Awards: 18

Hello! Would it be possible to add a background color to the cbox? On the more mobile friendly skins, the white text is a bit hard to read against the transparent background. ^-^" no worries if not, the darker of two definitely shows the text better so it's not impossible to check it out on mobile!

--------------------
HUFFLEPUFF
{ sterlona }
PMEmail
^
Blyssenor Wright
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 11:05 PM

"CATCH ME I'M FALLING"

YEAR:
7TH
HOUSE:
GRYFFINDOR
CLASH:
CUPCAKE
HEIGHT:
5'0
SINGLE

Blyssenor Wright
© ALICE // SHE/HER

@Leona Santos I could have sworn I did that... but apparently I didn't hit save >>;;; SO TRY IT NOW LOL <3 Should be good.

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Leona Santos
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 11:10 PM

YEAR:
7th
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
Neutral
HEIGHT:
5'4"
Taken

Leona Santos
© Cat // She/Her

@Blyssenor Wright X3 that pesky cbox loves to play games haha. That's perfect though, thank you!

--------------------
HUFFLEPUFF
{ sterlona }
PMEmail
^
Zoe Han
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 12:41 AM

"(i don't know you anymore)"

YEAR:
seventh
HOUSE:
ravenc l a w
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'7
halfblood
Rep: 2 pts [ + | - ]

Zoe Han
© novely oenid // he/him
Awards: 2

not a bug but this skin is so nice!!<33
also it's working perfect on my phone so I'm not sure where the mobile issue is!

edit! i second what tine said down there tbh!!
EDIT AGAIN! i also have what annie has
PM
^
Erik Dwight
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 01:15 AM

"I'll be your breath if you can be mine."

YEAR:
6th
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
neutral
HEIGHT:
5'7
Pureblood
Rep: 47 pts [ + | - ]

Erik Dwight
© Tine // She/Her
Awards: 71

Tine here, just to complain. No, it looks very nice <3

Just two little points while I am not sure if the first one can even be fixed:

- usually you could look at your alerts and delete them manually when you no longer needed them? Now it's like the mobile version where you click the alert button and they all disappear afterwards, which is a little... frustrating. I already checked my settings so the problem isn't there, can we get this fixed? c:

- I know Robin brought this up and I wholeheartedly agreed but I guess it drowned again, can we give the relationship box the alternative role of blood status, as it appears to be way more useful in my eyes? Maybe just offering that it's possible because I'm sure some prefer relationship status.

EDIT: Can we have a heavier contrast for the code boxes/code colours too because I cannot see them ;_;

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMWebsite
^
Alexander Kingsley
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 10:42 AM

"saltier than the dead sea"

YEAR:
7th
HOUSE:
Slytherin
CLASH:
N/A
HEIGHT:
6'3
Pureblood
Rep: 13 pts [ + | - ]

Alexander Kingsley
© Annie // she/her
Awards: 28

I dunno if this is fixable BUT

so either i have to zoom out so much i can't read or
stuff looks like this

again idk if that's fixable BUT i could just be blind so
i figured i'd call attention to it just in case it's not me being an old person

--------------------

The Notorious Nundu

◎ KEEPER
"SEA SALT"

#07 - ALEXANDER KINGSLEY
PMAIM
^
Gretchen Kirke-Faust
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 12:29 PM

"A violent sea under the surface of a frozen lake"

YEAR:
5th
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
Viridian Guild Leader
HEIGHT:
5'
Pureblood
Rep: 50 pts [ + | - ]

Gretchen Kirke-Faust
© Robin // She/Her

I'd really like to echo my suggestion from the chat yesterday - could we change Relationship Status to something like Bloodstatus? I think it'd be more useful :S (Relationship status doesn't really tell you anything, bc kids who're 'single' can still be taken as endgames? And idk, I find it a bit upsetting to see this amongst their essential information.)

Oh, and I know that you already said that it doesn't translate well on mobile, but I though I should mention that you (or at least, I ) don't see who the posts belong to on mobile? As in, you just see the posts, but not the character names so you don't know who said what ovo idk if that's fixable xD

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Lucus Earl
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 04:52 PM

"Slugs and snails and puppy dog tails."

YEAR:
6th
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
Neutral
HEIGHT:
6'1
Taken
Rep: 49 pts [ + | - ]

Lucus Earl
© Lizzy // She/Her etc.
Awards: 19

Alice this is such a nice-looking skin! smile.gif

I'm not here to report any bugs or anything, actually I haven't had much chance to look around yet, oops. but I do have a solution that should hopefully help you out, if you haven't tried it yet smile.gif

I've finished making my skin for my own forum for the month too and I had the same issue with reps, I have a fairly simple solution, although it's a little wordier than it needs to be - it's worked for my board on jcink, hopefully it'll work for wizarding realm too.

The official variables for changing reps is "<!-- |rep_options| -->". I just thought I'd mention this incase you had forgotten to check if this variable works here, although I'm sure you wouldn't have done, and it didn't work for me either.

Here's the solution I sorted, C+P this after the rep variable instead of "rep_options" and it should be fine:
CODE
[<a href="/index.php?act=rep&CODE=01&mid=<!-- |id| -->&t=s"> +</a> / <a href="/index.php?act=rep&CODE=02&mid=<!-- |id| -->&t=s">- </a>]

It should work on any mini profile on any forum (in case anybody reading this is looking for the solution elsewhere too XD), the thing with this is that it does show the option to change your own rep, but if you click it then it won't let you anyway, it just shows you a board message saying you can't change your own, I think that's better than not having an option for any member though.

Hope this helps!

--------------------
I'd rather crash, I'd rather crawl

Than never have your love at all

I like white wolves and I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny, that when a girl walks in with four legs and a tail, and a full moon in your face you get sprung." Alexus 2k16

user posted image
Avatar&initials banner by Cat ♥ Sig by Emilex ♥ Rat pixel by Heidi. Upper code by Kai, Maison did the other.
PM
^
Leona Santos
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 05:25 PM

YEAR:
7th
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
Neutral
HEIGHT:
5'4"
Taken

Leona Santos
© Cat // She/Her

^^^^^^ That is an incredibly brilliant solution!!! Ahh I hope it works fine here too ^-^

--------------------
HUFFLEPUFF
{ sterlona }
PMEmail
^
Blyssenor Wright
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 07:13 PM

"CATCH ME I'M FALLING"

YEAR:
7TH
HOUSE:
GRYFFINDOR
CLASH:
CUPCAKE
HEIGHT:
5'0
SINGLE

Blyssenor Wright
© ALICE // SHE/HER

@Zoe Han Thank you!! Can you send me a screenshot, please? smile.gif

@Erik Dwight Thanks <33 That's an additional code! I can snag it and add it on here soon. It might be tonight or it might be this weekend. WE SHALL SEEEE. But I will definitely do it. That's not a problem!

Added contrast! I actually meant to fix that last night but I forgot.

@Gretchen Kirke-Faust I'll include you with this since you asked about it as well!

As for the Relationship Status and Blood status, I know that TJ edited it so that it says Relationship OR Blood status. As a sort of compromise/middle ground for all of us. I hope that that helps to alleviate any uncomfortable feels that you had >< That was definitely never my intention in adding that as a profile field.

Also, Robin, if you could get me a screengrab from your phone? maaaaybe? Because it doesn't do that for me. ;^; pretty please? And what browser do you use on your phone?

@Alexander Kingsley Hrmmmm. It definitely shouldn't be doing that. Believe me, I have old person eyes too xD So I try not to make things terribly small unless necessary. Can you possibly give me a screenshot that shows me the entire layout? So i can maybe see what would be throwing it off. Also what browser do you use/resolution do you have?

@Lucus Earl AHHH! I ADDED IT AND IT WORKS! THANK YOUUUUUUU. I'm going to have to implement that on my other site toooooo. You're brilliant!

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Lien Hong
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 07:33 PM

"painting watercolor streaks across my mind's sky"

YEAR:
6th
HOUSE:
Hugglepuff <3
CLASH:
AEGIS
HEIGHT:
5'5'
Half-blood
Rep: 17 pts [ + | - ]

Lien Hong
© Kahlen // She
Awards: 74

The skin suddenly turned back to winter for me for some reason?? All except the cbox. O.o

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Blyssenor Wright
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 07:58 PM

"CATCH ME I'M FALLING"

YEAR:
7TH
HOUSE:
GRYFFINDOR
CLASH:
CUPCAKE
HEIGHT:
5'0
SINGLE

Blyssenor Wright
© ALICE // SHE/HER

@Lien Hong Did you accidentally select that on the drop-down at the bottom of the screen maybe? o__o because it shows you have Winter Pain selected. Try picking Springle Pringle from it and see if that works? I can manually force it but I want to make sure it's not glitching on you.

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Alba Blackwood
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 08:00 PM

"this heart holds the weight of your hands"

YEAR:
5th
HOUSE:
Gryffindor
CLASH:
Neutral
HEIGHT:
5'8"
Pureblood
Rep: 3 pts [ + | - ]

Alba Blackwood
© Kahlen //
Awards: 30

Omg, that is so weird?? I didnt even click on that?? But lol, apparently that was the problem xD so thanks! Hahaha

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Lucus Earl
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 09:12 PM

"Slugs and snails and puppy dog tails."

YEAR:
6th
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
Neutral
HEIGHT:
6'1
Taken
Rep: 49 pts [ + | - ]

Lucus Earl
© Lizzy // She/Her etc.
Awards: 19

@Leona Santos ty tongue.gif

@Blyssenor Wright YEY! glad it worked smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather crash, I'd rather crawl

Than never have your love at all

I like white wolves and I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny, that when a girl walks in with four legs and a tail, and a full moon in your face you get sprung." Alexus 2k16

user posted image
Avatar&initials banner by Cat ♥ Sig by Emilex ♥ Rat pixel by Heidi. Upper code by Kai, Maison did the other.
PM
^
Zoe Han
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 01:15 AM

"(i don't know you anymore)"

YEAR:
seventh
HOUSE:
ravenc l a w
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'7
halfblood
Rep: 2 pts [ + | - ]

Zoe Han
© novely oenid // he/him
Awards: 2

here you go!
i just zoom in to what I need to tbh

OH ALSO edit! can you add the 'member name' online list? we have the last click but me being picky i prefer member name, if not its okay im just Picky
PM
^
Gretchen Kirke-Faust
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 01:00 PM

YEAR:
5th
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
Viridian Guild Leader
HEIGHT:
5'
Pureblood

Gretchen Kirke-Faust
© Robin // She/Her

QUOTE (Blyssenor Wright @ Mar 3 2017, 03:13 AM)
@Gretchen Kirke-Faust I'll include you with this since you asked about it as well!

As for the Relationship Status and Blood status, I know that TJ edited it so that it says Relationship OR Blood status. As a sort of compromise/middle ground for all of us. I hope that that helps to alleviate any uncomfortable feels that you had >< That was definitely never my intention in adding that as a profile field.

Also, Robin, if you could get me a screengrab from your phone? maaaaybe? Because it doesn't do that for me. ;^; pretty please? And what browser do you use on your phone?

Cries tears of joy because rep by post is back ty

Yes thank you I will be using the bloodstatus option ^^;

And I use the standard Android browser, and it looks like this ohmy.gif

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Aki Sei
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 04:31 AM

""Where am I needed?" - Soraka"

YEAR:
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
HEIGHT:
5'0"
Muggleborn(?)
Rep: 21 pts [ + | - ]

Aki Sei
© Akkey // They/Them
Awards: 42

Not exactly a bug but it would be nice if there's a one click select option for the code boxes like they did before. the new skin doesn't allow it

CODE
See, you gotta highlight the full thing to be able to select all of the contents.

--------------------
(◡‿◡✿) AKKEYBOO

HUFFLEPUFF
{ HOGWARTS }

Playing duck duck user posted image since March 3, 2017

Workshop - Tracker - Wand

PMEmail
^
Gretchen Kirke-Faust
 Posted: Mar 6 2017, 01:31 PM

YEAR:
5th
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
Viridian Guild Leader
HEIGHT:
5'
Pureblood

Gretchen Kirke-Faust
© Robin // She/Her

I just noticed that there's still a bug with the repping from post. When I click the "+" in the thread itself, it'll still say that the rep was given "Right here" in the reputation screen.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Leona Santos
 Posted: Mar 6 2017, 01:43 PM

YEAR:
7th
HOUSE:
Hufflepuff
CLASH:
Neutral
HEIGHT:
5'4"
Taken

Leona Santos
© Cat // She/Her

QUOTE (Gretchen Kirke-Faust @ Mar 6 2017, 01:31 PM)
I just noticed that there's still a bug with the repping from post. When I click the "+" in the thread itself, it'll still say that the rep was given "Right here" in the reputation screen.

I'm pretty sure that's because the solution actually redirects you to repping the person on their profile, vs being able to distinguish that you want to give a rep for "this specific post/thread". I think to have it that way, the problem with reps entirely would need to be resolved. .-. That's just my guess in it, though.

--------------------
HUFFLEPUFF
{ sterlona }
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png Avalon a Panfandom RP Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8 The Beginning A Change of Heart Storybrooke War Is Brewing Forum Roleplay Site A BRILLIANT MAGIC Ascension Of Darkness

AUTUMN 2017
Welcome to Wizarding Realm! We are an alternate universe Harry Potter site set in the present day at Hogwarts. All of our lovely students are back from their summer terms refreshed and (hopefully) ready to buckle down for classes. Join us! :D Please Register using Proper Case!!
BE A LIGHT TO EACH OTHER ♥