izarding
izarding
Realm
Realm
It's summertime in Scotland; the weather has begun to clear, and the flowers are in full bloom! Now is a time for bonfires, stargazing and long nights spent with friends and family! Welcome to Wizarding Realm- an AU Harry Potter role play set in current day hogwarts!
WR

Add Reply
New Poll

SUMMER 2018 WANDLORE, open all term!
Lyx · 43 · Wandlore · Neutral · Single · 5'6"
Professor
Awards:
Awards: 7

Jul 5 2018, 03:23 PM   Link Quote
Getting an introductory class in before packing up the heinous number of children she and her brothers had and traipsing off to Mexico… really should’ve been easier by this point. Should’ve was the keyword there, but some part of Raquel knew that if she simply stopped being nervous about passing knowledge on, that would be the day that she should retire from teaching. Each child was a unique mind, and she hoped that she would be able to accomodate them all.

Another realistic point, it wasn’t likely that very many students would stay after the introductory session, as they never did in her near-decade of teaching, and so she would be able to accommodate their needs.

New notebooks to one side of her desk as always, Raquel toyed with a curl that had come loose from her ponytail, the fingers of her left hand toying with a piece of chalk. She was tempted to write on the board again this class, debating and debating more as time went on. Today was a simple lecture, simple as it could be, but she was still freaking out internally about accommodations for her kids. Finally deciding that it would be for the best just to make things happen as things just… happened, the wandmaker took a deep breath, smoothed down her vest, and tried to exhale all of the energy that was weighing her down. What could possibly go wrong? Her roster wasn’t big, per the norm, which meant that she could easier work closely with her students. It was all well and fine. It would be fine.

Even though she was rapidly considering finding Arabella and having a meltdown over cupcakes, even as she had that train of thought.

You’ll be fine,” she muttered under her breath in Spanish, moving back toward her desk as students began to file in. “The nerves are just part of this, but you’re not a greenhorn.” Smoothing her hands over her slacks, she addressed everyone as they came in. “Welcome. Please grab a notebook from my desk, and find a seat. I won’t create a seating chart, because I would prefer that you seat yourselves maturely, but know that I will assign seating if you get too talkative or disruptive.”

xxx

This was terribly delayed, but welcome to Summer Wandlore! Raquel is fretting about teaching, as she usually does, but is trying to knuckle down. Grab a notebook and a seat, and don’t forget to summarize your post in a couple sentences at the end, to make it easier for people to catch up, quidditch style! Please be sure that your name is on the roster before you post in the class: sign ups make your posts worth double points!

tagging those who’ve signed up for the class
@Ronan Ivers @Nessa Ivers @Laoise Murdoch @Ferdinand White @Cameron Blackwood @Mason Iversen @Tigerlily Whipple

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image user posted image
i found peace in your violence, can't tell me there's no point in trying.
Ben! · 16 · 5th · · · 5"11
Hufflepuff Beginner
Awards:
Awards: 5

Jul 5 2018, 10:55 PM   Link Quote
Cameron was nearly always the first to class. Firstly, his mother always taught him that good impressions are incredibly important. He was not the student to talk to his teachers in the hallways, bordering colleague like she had in her time here, but he was always the first to class and always paid attention. Upon arrival, he slipped into the room hoping that he wasn't immediately commented on, per usual. He held up a hand and waved- but when instructed to grab a notebook, he peered down at the one he already had in his hand for a moment. 'Oh well, another poem journal,' he thought to himself. It was easy to notice the lack of chairs and desks in the room. It was as if Ms. Dowling had suspected, even before receiving a roster, that her class would be thinly populated.

It was both a comfort and an anxiety. In one sense, he was less surrounded by masses of students with minds that he couldn't keep up with and worries he didn't share. On the other hand, however, it meant that he would have more trouble blending in. He was not active in classes when it came to raising his hand, and partnering up was a disaster and a half, but he always completed his homework dilligently. He normally got good grades, even if he wasn't giving his entire effort. When he did manage to expend himself to put his all into an assignment, it almost always got an O. He hoped that would inspire him to work harder, but every time that small urge to to well came, it was stomped out by tiredness. The kind that burrowed into his bone marrow.

He slung his bag's shoulder over his chair and then placed the notebook neatly on the desk before making his way towards her. Distantly, he tried not to think about how his button up was a size (or perhaps two) too big for his thin frame, and instead he rolled up the sleeves deftly before plucking a notebook off of the desk. It was a quick movement: as though he didn't want to be caught doing it, or stopped before he could manage it. He had a particular talent of making every move seem rushed with anxiety, at the same time that the imploring stare he held never seemed to end. Now, he turned that stare to his new teacher. The stifling heat of the classroom warmed his face, made sweat bead on his neck. "I'm Cameron," You could call it blurting, but in reality the volume of his voice seemed too quiet to really warrant the word. Rather, it was like a sudden admission, even if he was only admitting his name. After a jolted pause, he added, "Um- Blackwood. Cameron Blackwood."

Before the awkwardness truly threatened to end his existence, he turned and slunk back to his chosen desk at the back of the room. It felt horrible. He sank into his seat and tried to ignore the palpable warmness of the air around him and the way the sun shone in through the high windows, a blanket of sheer heat. Instead, he stared around at the clutter of the room and the personality it had taken on, the blackboard behind the teacher, the notebooks and the lack of desks. He fished out his textbook, and then he opened his now not-in-use notebook and began to write on it's pages, jotted notes only to himself.

xxx

Cameron is here and terribly awkward I am so sorry @Raquel Dowling for this tiny child. He picks a seat in the back of the room and awkwardly introduces himself, and then goes back to his seat.

--------------------
I took a little journey to the unknown,
And I come back changed, I can feel it in my bones.
I fucked with the forces that our eyes can't see,
Now the darkness got a hold on me.
🌙🌙🌙
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

ADMIN MOD