Halfblood
Year
7th Year
House
Ravenclaw
clash
Awards: 11

Mortal Instruments AU

“This better work, Kato. I’m not risking my neck working with one of them for this to end in utter failure.” Helene swirled the blood in her glass before taking a long drink from it and setting it down on the table, rising smoothly from her seat she glanced at the clock. “Showtime.”

Red leather pants and black open-toed heels, a snug fit on long slender legs led up to a black racer-back tank-top with the words ChiChiPo scribbled in white across the front on the chest and a black leather jacket rested on her thin shoulders. The wearer was a curvy thing with a healthy and natural paleness, the length of spun gold strands of hair were about as long as the vampire’s arms. The shadow of her lipstick a kissable pink with a hint of red towards the center where blood had stained her lip in soft and blending streaks; it seemed almost deliberate. There was a silver shine to her blue-green eyes as they moved with calm ease over those lined along the streets, her heels clicking loudly along the streets of New York City, the grime and the homeless already out for the evening.

No weapons were visible and even if they were concealed they would be easy to spot given the perfect fit of the clothing but anyone who knew about vampires knew that claw and fang coupled with speed was all they needed to be deadly. Anyone who underestimated her seemingly frail physique would be in for a surprise. Helene Aquila was not a young vampire, she may look like someone in her twenties for the rest of her life, but she was much, much older than that.

Dirt clung to her heels as she made her way towards the Shadowhunter’s headquarters, a sign of faith since she was walking straight into the lion’s den without so much as a weapon. The dank streets and city lights were at her back as she looked up at the old building, impressed by its architecture but bored of it because of what it housed. Shadowhunters always snubbed “downworlders”, for them the vampires or shifters would never be on equal grounds, they treated fey with much more disdain. Helene hated the term “downworlder”, it was such an ugly foul word meant to make others feel inadequate, lacking, unequal. The protective runes around the abbey burst to light as she stepped within the confines of their protection and the discomfort was immediate against her skin, she felt it numbly, as if the dial had been turned down on the pain meter, but it was still there; lingering just beneath the surface.

The half-breeds were expecting a representative from her coven or they would have come out guns blazing, asking questions later like the good little soldiers they were. Instead when the doors creaked opened she saw a single figure standing there, the lights from inside casting his features in shadows but the body structure –despite being lithe – told her it was definitely male. Helene’s voice was pure sugar and venom interwoven so intricately you couldn’t have one without the other, “aren’t you going to invite me in? It’s bad manners to keep a lady out in the cold, especially if she’s your special guest.”

Her dislike for this situation was plain as the sun in a bright and cloudless day. The one and only reason she was here was because Kato had ordered her to come, they had sought out the help of the Shadowhunters only because there was a rogue on the loose and as a show of good faith and in an effort to mend the bad blood, her coven leader had decided that working with the half-breeds was a good idea that would gain them favorable results.

Needless to say, she wasn’t doing very much at the moment to help those particular results along at the moment.

@Alston Byrne | Outfit

--------------------
user posted image
Wand | Workshop | Tracker

Avatars by Kaly, Qi and Debbie (CTTW) - Respectively ♡♡
Signature by Debbie of CTTW
PM
^
Alston Byrne
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 02:44 PM
"Now you see me--"
Jynx
149 Posts
Rep: 6 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Slytherin Novice
Height
6'3"
Status
Halfblood
Year
6th
House
SlytherWIN
clash
Awards: 16

Alston was running late, which was something that rarely happened unless he really couldn't help it Cursing under his breath, he kicked the wall of his room in exasperation. His last mission had him running around New York City like a mad man for the past week and a half. It had been filled with sleepless nights and a disgruntled partner, who he was sure had grown to hate Alston as much as Alston hated him. Truth be told, Alston had always shared an antagonistic relationship with Elias, his fellow Shadowhunter. The two grew up together as orphaned Shadowhunters, trained at an early age at an academy in Idris. Still, it didn't mean the two had to get along, so Alston was immediately relived the mission was done.

Unfortunately, the Shadowhunter literally just returned only an hour prior to the Council assigning yet another wild goose chase of a mission. When he busy chasing after demonic creatures, the last thing on his mind was mundane house chores such as laundry. He stared at the bundle of dirty clothing in his hamper and the empty shelves of his drawer. Alston Byrne was by no means a dirty person; he wanted to be as clean as everybody else around here, but how could he when he was being dragged all over creation with no time to spare for personal hygiene? Rummaging through the bottom shelf, he finally found the one lone shirt he had hidden away for good reason. The text on it was Best. Daddy. Ever. It was the April Fool's joke his stupid ex gave to him that scared him out of his wits. How wonderful.

He tried to look for a better alternative, but there was nothing else to wear. He sighed, running a hand through his dark hair before resigning to his fate. Taking a five-minute shower that involved a lot of hurrying, he switched into the stupid t-shirt. Well, if he was going to walk around with a shirt like that, he was going to cover it up. He grabbed the black leather jacket hanging from his computer chair that would hopefully distract people from the text on his shirt. Alston kept the jeans he was wearing. Hell, he knew some people who never washed their jeans. Also, he didn't have anything else to wear and he figured his new partner might not have been pleased to see the absence of pants. As quickly as he could manage, the boy gathered the rest of his dirty clothes and threw them into the washing machine. He'd be back in time to put them in the dryer. It didn't matter what his new and temporary partner thought. He wasn't going around with dirty clothing. Glancing at the clock, he realized he needed to run if he was going to make it on time. His assigned partner was a downworlder, which meant that the initial meeting would be held at the Sanctuary. It was more of an interrogation room than anything, but it could be used for casual meetings.

Breaking out into a sprint, he rushed towards his destination, barely getting a chance to open the door before he heard the vixen open her mouth. Typical rude vampire. He dealt with their kind before, but it didn't mean he enjoyed the encounters.

“There's a lady here? I only see a Child of the Night” said Alston, his voice dripping with sarcasm as he resisted the scoff at her. She looked delicate and fragile, like the wind might blow her away at any moment but there was no doubt in his mind that she was still a vampire. The angelic blood in his veins gifted him the power to eradicate their kind and he would have, if it weren't for the fact that he was still forced to follow the Covenant, the law upheld by the Clave. He was a Shadowhunter; his job was to fight against demons, not join forces with them.

Not bothering to wait for her, he turned his back on her and walked back inside, assuming that she would follow suit.“My name's Alston Byrne. This mission was sprung on me last minute. The others were busy, so you'll have to excuse my ignorance for now.” He turned around the corner with enough precision that it was more than obvious that he knew his surroundings very well. “I'm sure you know the rules by now. This is the Sanctuary, which is not built on consecrated grounds like the rest of the Institute and the only reason you are even able to stand here. If I sense anything off, know that you aren't leaving here intact.”

He paused, finally turning back to meet her eyes. “How much do you know about the mission exactly?”

@Helene Aquila | outfit
PM
^
Helene Aquila
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 08:00 PM
"Why is my reflection someone I don't know?"
Mari
She/Her
125 Posts
Rep: 3 pts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Prefect
Height
5'8
Status
Halfblood
Year
7th Year
House
Ravenclaw
clash

"Smart, but not too smart;" she replied, walking up to the entrance of the sanctuary just in time as the half-breed turned around withing deeming to wait for her and started to walk inside. The runes buzzed annoyingly under her skin, they would have set her teeth on edge if she hadn't become used to their incessant crawling under the skin. Helene imagined this was what it felt like to have actual ants crawling around, stimulating all of her sensory orifices at the same time. "Love your shirt," she purred, having spotted the monstrosity as she approached, just before he managed to fully turn away.

As the half-breed led their two man parade and Helene stepped past the point of no return, she took her time gliding through the entrance, looking this way and that at the decoration of the Sanctuary while the nuisance prattled off about being ignorant to the details of the mission. She would have arched a brow at the self-admittance but instead continued her perusal of the decorum; treating this walk as a guest at a hotel would. She interrupted his sentence by pausing, one hand on her hip and a mildly alarming look on her face. "Do you provide room service? Because I sure hope you don't expect a tip with that greeting, you even made your guest close the front door."

Turning, Helene looked at the front door which was still ajar and raised a brow, her lips curled in a smirk "ah, I guess I didn't close it." Since the half-breed was already turning the corner, Helene resumed her stroll ignoring the wide open door altogether and continuing to act as if she were either a building inspector or someone considering renting a room for the evening. It didn't matter whatever this Alston knew his way around the place or not, he might have been wanting to pay attention to the vampire taking stock of corridors and room, stairs leading up to a second floor and every artifact and weapon displayed. Surely it was meant to give the enemy second thoughts, but for Helene Aquila it was an opportunity to size up the enemy.

"Well since you told me yours, I'll tell you mine. I am Helene of the house of Aquila. You've probably never heard of me all the way down here in your dungeon." She followed after him, placing her hands in her pockets and acting like the perfect guest who didn't touch anything, or break it for that matter. She showed interest but not too much, and she didn't step on anything of importance to delay in her steps as he led them towards devils knew where. Probably a real dungeon, thinking to intimidate her.

The threat she expected, Shadowhunters took their jobs very seriously. In fact she had yet to meet one of the angel abominations that didn't walk around with a stick shoved up their GI shit-shoot; someone should definitely give Alston's a wiggle. Perhaps she would take on that particular task herself, depending on the night's proceedings. Eyes glinting a soft silver as they flicked to meet his, both feet stopping with enough room for two people to pass between them, she met his gaze. "You want to talk business out in the hallway?"

A disappointed sigh later and Helene was divulging as much as she was comfortable with ears everywhere, not that the Clave wouldn't find out; the little soldier would probably write a report about it all. "I'm well aware of everything, including the fact that you're to make it back here in one piece. A shame really, I was hoping accidents would happen, but it's important to my master that this rogue be returned to our coven for proper punishment. Afterward, you're supposed to take it off our hands."

@Alston Byrne

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Alston Byrne
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 05:18 AM
"Now you see me--"
Jynx
149 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Slytherin Novice
Height
6'3"
Status
Halfblood
Year
6th
House
SlytherWIN
clash

This was exactly the reason why he did not want to face her directly. He'd already suspect that she'd be more than willing to make a witty comment about his shirt. No. What was he saying? That was not even remotely witty. “It's the only thing I have at the moment. My other clothes are in the washer,” he said, gritting his teeth as he pulled his leather jacket closer in an attempt to cover more of the embarrassing text. The Shadowhunter wondered if it had been wise to give her that much information. She didn't need to know that he hadn't done his laundry. Clearing his throat, he looked away in embarrassment. The sleep-deprived Alston did not appreciate being made fun of by a creature that was likely older than his great-grandmother.

Though Alston would never admit it, it had always been hard for him to kill. As annoying as the vampire was, she still looked human. He knew she was anything but human, but he still couldn't help think that she looked like a normal teenager who was older than his grandmother and his great grandmother . No. His eyes darkened, though the angel blood in his blood made his eyes shine in the witchlight. It was an interesting combination to witness for most people.

Alston had to remind himself that when she cried, blood would come out instead of tears. She did not need to breath to survive. She would only do so to disguise as a human. She was not human. Alston took a deep breath. She was not human. She drank human blood.

“Cut the word games. You're wearing my patience, and I'd rather we finish the mission as soon as possible so that we can both go on our own ways, wouldn't you agree?” he said, his words saturated with vexation. It wasn't that he was biased against the downworlder, but he was feeling like his mind was about to go blank. He needed something to keep him awake. Maybe coffee or maybe an energy drink. Red Bull sounded especially appealing right now. Annoyance flitted through his features as he was forced to walk back to the entrance to close the door when she refused to close the door that he had opened for her in the first place. Typical vixen. He bit back a sarcastic remark. He would not fall to their level.

Alston was ten when he joined the academy willingly, when he first received the Voyance rune alongside Elias. The two of them grew up together. When it came time, the two decided to form a parabatai bond, which would have bounded them as partners for life. Alston still sometimes wondered if it had been a good idea. The pair worked together as partners on daily basis, even if they spent most of the time bickering about who was the superior male. While Elias could be annoying, Alston definitely cared for him like a brother. However, he still dreaded having to be buried right alongside Elias. He already had enough of Elias' presence in his life; he did not need to sleep besides the other Shadowhunter for the rest of eternity. As he looked at the vampire, a sudden and sad thought crossed his mind. He wondered what would have happened if Elias became a downworlder. The bond would be broken. Alston would kill Elias himself, though he knew he was only lying to himself when he said that.

“Never heard of you. Perhaps you think too highly of yourself,” he said, smirking as he said his words. Be civil, Alston; she's a guest. He crossed his arms. She wasn't actually being civil herself. If he could read her mind, he would have guessed that she was thinking less than polite thoughts about him.

He would not forget the first time he saw a vampire who had gone mad. The creature had been so eager to suck the blood out of her victim that she failed to realize when a seraph blade had pierced through her heart. So he refused to trust this Helene, no matter how nice or pleasant she acted. (She definitely wasn't acting nice or pleasant, so he wouldn't have to worry about it.) He was certain that she was a murderous creature on the inside. He led her to a massive pillared room made of stone.

“Why not? Everyone here is trustworthy. Either way, I will report everything I know to my superiors,” said Alston. He did not understand Helene's concerns about talking in a hallway. It wasn't as if someone would overhear at this time of day. Well, maybe Elias because he recently also just returned, but Alston was sure the other Shadowhunter fell face first into bed. Alston also realized that he needed to put his clothes in the dryer soon. He cursed mentally. His mind was wandering again. He blamed it on the lack of sleep. “It might be helpful to give me more details about this rogue, unless you expect me to capture every suspicious looking downworlder.”

@Helene Aquila
PM
^
Helene Aquila
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 12:26 PM
Mari
She/Her
125 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Prefect
Height
5'8
Status
Halfblood
Year
7th Year
House
Ravenclaw
clash

Warning: Some mature language

"Ah, so that is what the other smell is. I thought you might have lost a fey and it had rotted away in some corner, trapped by iron, I was going to suggest a search party with pitchforks and torches, but it all makes sense now." she crooned, the hint of a smirk tugging at the corner of her mouth as she continued to be a pleasant guest within this potential prison. Clearly the shadowhunter's threat hadn't scared her in the least, if he attacked under false pretenses then they would have the entirety of the coven descend on them, and the Clave - biased as it was - would not be happy to have the majority of the "downworlder" community coming down on them like a witch's hammer.

As he walked past her, Helene pressed her back to the wall and smiled when he grouchily closed the wide open door. His next words didn't surprise her either, she expected a certain amount of... well saying idiocy wasn't too off the beaten path; but apparently the shadowhunters were also partially deaf. She should have come prepared to repeat herself and though she wanted to sigh in exasperation, Helene merely clucked her tongue and brought a long tapered finger to her ear, tapping the jeweled lobe with the tip. "Didn't I just say you hadn't heard of me? You must listen, little angel, or you might miss something of importance." He seemed to think that she was playing word games, yet she had been doing nothing but telling the truth as point blank as she could without growing bored of the conversation. Honestly, she had expected some amount of amusement but Alston was making it far too easy.

Helene raised an eyebrow at Alston's last statement, she could have excused his naivety because of his age, but given the type of thing he did for a living she couldn't believe those words were actually coming out of his mouth. "You can't possibly believe that everyone here is trustworthy. Do you even know how the rogue was able to elude us in the first place?" She opened the door just a smidgen for him to slip in a quip if he so wished, it wouldn't be anything innovative or enlightening given that each race was biased against every other one, always believing themselves superior. If anyone asked the blonde vampire, she would have told them that she only believed or aligned herself with survivors, it didn't matter what species they were from or what race; whether they had angel blood or demon blood. As long as they were useful to her, Helene would always find the smartest kid on the playground and befriend them.

"It was a Shadowhunter, a discarded, aborted half-breed pledged to the Clave that helped the rogue become a rogue; and I can guarantee you that your beloved.. " she looked around, seeming to choose her words carefully; "cult, has no idea who it is." Crossing both arms under her chest, Helene leaned casually against the wall, legs crossed at the ankles, the gems on the stiletto of her heels winking flirtatiously at the light. "As for what the rogue looks like, I can give you vague descriptions. Male, fast, pale - considering they are vampire -, about six foot something, usually dark hair, but I assume they've managed to get some form of concealing spell from a mage or demon." She looked up towards the ceiling, lips pouting in thoughts, then twisting to the side as she thought. "It doesn't matter though, we've had someone track him and we're looking at a cemetery trip. Given that they probably haven't had anything to eat in a day or two, they might be considerably slow. All the other covens have agreed to not help or shelter this rogue."

Helene let the term "downworlder" slide since she had called him an abortion and abomination off-handed; she figured they were on even ground now. Yet the vampire was neither apologetic nor fussed by it, seeming to have already moved onto bigger and better things. "Do you need to nap or can we get a move on? We're wasting precious time, little angel. Our quarry isn't going to sit still for much longer, he's bound to find a human to feed on soon enough. You'll have broken accords everywhere to deal with if that happens." The first grin of the evening and it was filled with glinting pointed fangs mingling as if they belonged there with the rest of her very human teeth. Alston looked dead on his feet, and Helene was wondering just how much use he was going to be to any of them if he couldn't even keep his dirty laundry comments to himself. Literally.

@Alston Byrne

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Alston Byrne
 Posted: Apr 23 2017, 12:13 PM
"Now you see me--"
Jynx
149 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Slytherin Novice
Height
6'3"
Status
Halfblood
Year
6th
House
SlytherWIN
clash

Her saccharine voice, the way she crooned out each and every single word, did not make Alston feel better about the misfortune situation with his laundry. It wasn't as if Alston was one of those lazy slackers who didn't do laundry for a whole month. He knew one of the Shadowhunters here did not regularly do their laundry. Why? Because while Alston was not able to pinpoint the actual perpetrator, he was able to smell them. He sniffed his surroundings, just to double check there was nothing odious in air like the downworlder had so callously suggested. He still didn't look exactly happen even when he found the correct words to respond to Helene with. Alston looked like a grumpy cat who just had his nap disturbed in the rudest way possible. His brows were furrowed and he nearly scowled. “My laundry....it'll be done soon enough okay?” Alston knew when certain battles were lost and it looked like this was one of them. If he had to deal with a wisecrack for a partner for this mission, he was not going to last with the amount of energy left in his tank. That wasn't even fair. He didn't get enough sleep, so she was obviously taking advantage of his sleep-deprived state.

“For the record, you should listen more carefully as well. Last I remember, I said my name was 'Alston', not 'little angel',” said Alston. Technically, even though Helene most likely meant it sarcastically and as an insult, she was wrong. He was a human-being with angelic blood. There was an important difference, which meant that he definitely won the battle for this one. At least, that was what he told himself secretly, as he walked away from the main entrance. He wasn't even sure why he was playing along with Helene's games. Discipline was instilled in the boy from an early age onward. His instructors taught him composure and posture. Descensus facilis Averno est. He knew the motto by heart, having it repeated to him for years on years when he had first joined the academy. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath. He needed to stay unaffected by her words. It would not help the mission if the two of them were so antagonistic. Always put the Clave's wishes before his own.

His eyes radiated a fierce expression when the topic switched to his fellow Shadowhunters. Alston was about as devoted as a Shadowhunter could get. “These people you talk about are the ones who have pledged to fight against evil just like me—we risked our lives for each other. It is your own choice not to trust your brethren, but don't force your ideals on me,” he said with a voice of finality. It was always a difficult subject for Alston, who could not remember much beyond his academy days. Everything else had been a blur that he would rather not recall if he could help it.

When the vampire finally decided to reveal more information--something that Alston was secretly grateful for because who was Alston kidding? He couldn't even read a sentence in his favorite novel without falling asleep at this point--his body stiffened. He inhaled a sharp breath, not having expected to hear that there was a traitor among his own kind. Alston was not liking this mission one bit. Demons, he could kill after the number of years of practice and training he had. Confronting someone who was human? That was something he still could not do. Trying to hide the shock from his face, he looked away, instead focusing on a claw mark on the floor. “That's very very helpful. Actually, could you be more vague? From your description, it sounds like the vampire could be me even,” said Alston before realizing that he was supposed to act civil in front of this creature. He berated himself internally, but Helene was also to blame. She was definitely all kinds of trouble. “Cemetery trip?” He bit back a groan. The last few weeks had been raining. He didn't need to deal with mud and slippery steps, which he was sure whatever cemetery they were going to were bound to have. Sneaking a quick look at his sneakers, he decided that maybe it was time to get new ones.

Helene wanted to go now. Well, that was fine and all, but his laundry was going to get wrinkly if he left it in the washer for too long. You have great priorities, good sir. Great, even Elias was speaking sarcastically to him and in his own mind even. “Yes, we can get moving, Helene,” he said, putting great emphasis into enunciating each and every syllable of her name. Maybe that would be a big enough hint to get her to use his name. Alston also couldn't help but stare at the vixen's dangerous fangs glistening in his direction. “But, I'd prefer it if we could make a trip to 7-11 first.” He rummaged through his pockets. “And take this.” He handed her a rotten-looking stake that he had nicked from someone and had been meaning to return. “It'll protect you. Just don't stab yourself with it because I don't want your people going after me because of your mistake.”

@Helene Aquila
PM
^
Helene Aquila
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 12:49 PM
Mari
She/Her
125 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Prefect
Height
5'8
Status
Halfblood
Year
7th Year
House
Ravenclaw
clash

A soft chuckle escaped Helene’s lips as the shadowhunter took to sniffing the air, obviously he had showered because the smell of his shampoo and soap was the more poignant of scents and just underneath that, the faint smell of day old jeans; but those didn’t give off more than a musty scent at best and it almost smelled like leather rather than soiled cloth. He was most certainly more amusing than she had initially thought he would be, and probably not yet used to running on little more than fumes. Young shadowhunters were always less experienced no matter how long they had been doing their jobs, while the older hunters were well into the rhythm of their job, pacing themselves to last just as long as any downworlder might; taking the appropriate shortcuts that would render results and not dead ends. Alston still had quite a ways to go. “Do you want to wait? Should I give you reprieve to put fabric softener in the wash so that you may not chafe?”

She was jesting of course, they didn’t have that sort of time and they had already wasted a good thirty to forty minutes with this bantering nonsense. Helene wanted to get out in the streets and find the rogue, but she also knew that she had to get under the hunter’s skin, keep his mind on her and their job rather than on the repercussions or what their coven could possibly be up to. “I heard you right and proper the first time, but you are rather small for a half-angel, and you are half-angel; so little angel isn’t that far off the beaten path now, is it?” She knew that he wished to be addressed by his name, was even a little bit surprised that he had addressed her by her name, but it didn’t matter what either of them wanted; what mattered to both of their higher-ups were results.

If Helene had had the energy to raise her hand and waive away his protective anger over his Shadowhunters, she might have; but that would only help to incite the boy further. Of course this seemed to change the moment she revealed that one of his own had let the creature escape, her delicate brow arching as her hands uncrossed and she pushed off the wall. “You had no idea, did you? Well that’s interesting.” She didn’t have to comment on the fact that he had been pushed into this mission, both of them rushed - but probably him more than her - and that the Clave, his elders, hadn’t given him much information on their mission to begin with. The truth of the matter was that Helene knew exactly what the Rogue looked like, but the wild goose chase was part of the plan.

Her hand shot out, catching the dilapidated stake in her hand and turning it over, her wide eyes seemed to droop and become half lidded, the amusement draining from her but still present in the cadence of her voice. “You must be joking… this wouldn’t even pass through melting butter, let alone a chest cavity.” The vampire still took the stake and opening her coat, slid it into one of the inner pockets before folding it closed against her person again, with any luck he wouldn’t have seen the handle of one of her blades protruding from her lower back around the curve of her hip. Those were for special occasions and beheading vampires was one of them, even in heels Helene couldn’t wait to get a bit down and dirty.

“Yes, fine, very well.” She smirked, turning on a heel without waiting for any special instructions or he could change his mind and decide he wanted clean laundry now instead of later. She walked towards the front door and pulled it open, stopping in the doorway to stop and look back at him. “Coming?” Helene headed outside without waiting for him, already mapping out their route to the nearest 711 that wouldn’t take them too far out of their way in heading towards the cemetery. She was already on the street, still not waiting to see if Alston was coming or not; she’d get a head start if he didn’t make it out quick enough but given his distrust she figured he was on her heels.

A few minutes later had Helene leaning against the wall outside the 711 waiting for the Shadowhunter to come out, a cellphone in her hand as she flicked casually through pictures. Out of the corner of her eye she saw some men approach, they were tattooed and wore leather jackets, one of them had a bandana and she figured they were playing and being gang members. Helene tucked the phone back into her jacket’s pocket and looked up with all innocence and a mocking hint of fear.

“Hey pretty baby, you alone? Why not come hang with us.” one of them said and Helene let out what could be misconstrued as a nervous giggle. “Sorry, I’m waiting for someone.”

Her eyes became half lidded in that same way that showed she was very disinterested or extremely annoyed as the bigger burly man put his arm around her shoulders and pressed his weight against her side. “Look.. you don’t want to anger my boyfriend.” Wouldn’t the little angel just faint if he heard that? she mused, but she wasn’t allowed to kill the mundanes, so he better hurry his tight little butt out here and do something about the cretins before she did.

Oh yes, she had noticed Alston’s rear. She was undead, not blind.

@Alston Byrne

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Alston Byrne
 Posted: May 15 2017, 04:34 AM
"Now you see me--"
Jynx
149 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Slytherin Novice
Height
6'3"
Status
Halfblood
Year
6th
House
SlytherWIN
clash

swear warning

“Actually, there’s a misconception about fabric softeners. It actually irritates people with sensitive skin--” He shut up before he gave her another reason to make fun of him. A huge part of him wanted to ask How did you wash your clothes back in the days when washing machines weren’t invented yet? Something in the way she moved and her confidence heavily implied she had been turned a long time ago. Recently turned ones always had an apprehensive expression on their faces; it showed just how much of a disaster it was to turn into a bloodsucker.

But he knew very well how inappropriate the question would have been. Alston reminded himself that he was acting under the orders of the Clave. He was not a lone agent; even if it meant getting along with the downworlder, he would do it. “No, I don’t think it’ll be necessary.” As he said that, he took out his cell phone and texted Elias.

Yo, put my clothes in the dryer in 15 mins.

Within ten seconds, a response arrived. Relief filled the Shadowhunter. He supposed Elias wasn’t that bad after all if he had his back.

wtf dude. i was sleeping and u woke me up. bitch do your own laundry.

Alston scowled before stuffing his phone back into his pocket. He knew it. When it came down to things that actually matter, Elias always would flake out on him. The Shadowhunter turned to Helene, who was now insulting him yet again and calling him a small half-angel. If he didn’t know any better, he would say that Elias and Helene were acquainted with each other. Both of them seemed to be able to get on his nerves at a moment’s notice. He imagined they would have tea on the weekends and catch up on what they did to poor old Al the previous week.

He really needed some sleep if he was imagining Elias having tea with a vampire on the weekend. With dainty looking teacups.

He yawned when he ought to have appeared more angry when she insinuated that he had no idea about what was truly going on. There really was no reason for Alston to get worked up over her comment. It was true to some extent and getting angry would waste valuable energy that Alston could not afford to lose at the moment. He didn’t even dare to close his eyes for longer than was necessary because there was a chance he’d fall asleep while standing up. It had happened before, to the amusement of Elias.

“Just take it,” said Alston in response to her comment about the stake being useless. There were other things that were useless, but Alston was too polite to comment about it. Still, his eyes wandered over to her heels and wondered if the pointy ends of her heels could be used instead. At the very least, the sorry fool who got stabbed by a heel would die laughing. At least, Alston would die laughing. Actually nevermind. That was a horrible way to die. He took that thought back immediately after he thought it.

When she walked out the door, Alston followed like a grumpy little kitty. The night air was cool against his cheeks, reminding him just how comfortable a bed would be about now. He imagined his soft mattress and pillows beckoning him to come closer...until he was faced with the bright lights coming from the 7-11. He almost felt like a vampire with his sensitivity to lights when he was in such a sleepy state.

“I’ll just be a moment,” he mumbled before walking into the store. It didn’t take him long to locate where the Red Bull was placed. He grabbed a can and walked up to the cashier. As the cashier rang up the price, he stole a look at the vampire outside. To his surprise, she was surrounded by a group of guys. He blinked, feeling some of the sleepiness fade. Apparently, seeing a girl--even if she was vampire--get harassed by a group of guys was enough to wake up him up a bit. He hurried to pay for the drink and rushed outside.

“Can I help you?” Alston directed his question to the burly man, his eyes fixed with a serious expression that he usually reserved for...everything. He was not visibly armed and he had no intentions of scaring the man, but it irritated him that the man had taken less than a few minutes to make advances on a poor girl. Technically, he supposed he should feel sorry for the man too because the girl was actually a vampire.

@Helene Aquila
PM
^
Helene Aquila
 Posted: May 26 2017, 01:14 PM
Mari
She/Her
125 Posts
[ + | - ]
Group
Ravenclaw Prefect
Height
5'8
Status
Halfblood
Year
7th Year
House
Ravenclaw
clash

Mentions of sexual nature, allusions to other traumas

A brow had merely been raised at Alston’s comment about fabric softener and Helene had chuckled, genuinely amused. Was this really the best the Clave had to offer, barely functioning half-breeds obsessed with fabric softener? No wonder their numbers were dwindling every day. The vampire wouldn’t be surprised if one day she pulled up a list of endangered species and found the Nephilim listed among them. Wouldn’t that be a treat for Alston, taken care of like a pet by the government and some magical wildlife activist group dead-set on keeping his kind alive; a menagerie of Nephilim. “See them in their natural habitat”, that would be their slogan and people would pay to help provide for the poor creatures’ upkeep.

As amusing as the thought was it wasn’t something to make her linger on it. Currently all focus was settled on the men around her. The mortal men who were about to have their appendages either completely removed or severed, minimizing their capacity to bring themselves any kind of pleasure. Whether it be with the help of someone else, or their own. Irritation flared in the blonde vampire’s eyes and a lazy gesture had her looking sidelong at the entrance, ears attuned to the movements of those inside the 7-11. Hurry up little angel, the thought was a sing-song; her conscience’s voice lilting happily, murderously.

“Don’t play coy. But if you want to play I got something you can give me a hand with.” His hand moved to grab at himself in a vulgar gesture and triggered an enormous amount of murderous thoughts on how many ways she could dismember him without him losing consciousness. Mundanes were just as disgusting in this century as they had been in her own. Most males had their mind on one thing- and it wasn’t what the current gangbanger was holding onto. Usually and by through personal experience, Helene knew that it was a form of entitlement to everything at their disposable. No was not a word they accepted often and though there were few and far between of the opposite sex who respected such things, it didn’t happen until the turn of the century. By then the vampire had lost all hope for them and opted for staying alone. There were the few who courted her and she had allowed them their pursuits so long as they suited and amused her, but eventually Helene would tire and move on. Some resulted in rather bloody break-ups but in the end she found that they always resorted to blaming the other party.

Dark lashes fluttered as she blinked slowly, eyes glinting like sharp steel as they caught the light when she looked straight ahead at the other members of this leather clad posse and her lips parted ever-so-slightly. Movement as Helene’s hand slid from the jacket’s pocket and drifted downward to meet his own, almost as if she were complying. Instead her finger hooked around his pinky and there was no indication that she was disgusted by the brief contact with that cloth covered portion. The pinky was a highly underrated point of contact. Helene twisted and pulled at the digit, bending it backwards. First the hand moved, then the arm and finally the body followed the path that small motion had carved. His hand slid from her shoulders and a yelp of pain had exploded from his cigarette and alcohol permeated breath. “Bitch!” He hissed, but remained bent at the waist while she looked down at an insect she as about to squash.

Unfortunately the angel had decided to come out and innocently the vampire looked up, a faint smile present as she disciplined what now looked like to be her court. “Sweetheart, I was just about to tell this nice man what the meaning of the word no really is. But then he distracted me by saying he wanted to play. What do you think punishment should be? I’m debating between broken bones or decapitation.” Helene’s smile was pleasant but there was true fury in her eyes. Calm and collected – playful even- as the vampire may have seemed, she was also unforgiving and brutal. Not to mention putting Alston on the spot.

Grant her the kill for the disrespect she had suffered, or take the side of the Mundanes. If Helene were a gambling woman she’d bet on the little angel taking the side of the Mundane, regardless of his actions towards her.

@Alston Byrne

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png Avalon a Panfandom RP Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8
The Beginning A Change of Heart Storybrooke War Is Brewing Forum Roleplay Site