17 YEARS
1580 posts
They see me moseyin', they hatin'...

Rep: 77 pts [ + | - ]
Bill WalkerAdministrator
Awards: 127

WANDS & MAGIC

description

Much like the young man who wields it, Bill Walker's wand is built on a larger scale than some might expect, the full length coming in at a little over thirteen inches. A rougher cut, the craftsman who created it seemingly chose to let the wood pieces tell their own story once the core was set, but the knots in the handle have long since worn into a comfortable groove in the palm of the Badger's hand, fitting snugly when he draws for a spell.

Most of the time around school or other open areas in the Wizarding world, Bill's wand resides in a custom leather holster attached to his hip and running along the length of his thigh. He has practiced his quick draw in front of the mirror for hours on end, though has almost never had call to flick it out for a duel.

technical details

“Apple and Hawthorn. Thirteen and one-quarter inches, springy, with a core of Crup Tail and Kirin Hair…”

“Apple is a rather gentle wand, good especially for outdoorsy magic such as Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures. Hawthorn is especially good for defensive magic, and it also symbolizes protection, thus usually choosing those who are of a more protective nature."

“Crup Tail wands are generally found with those who prize loyalty, and who have a particular knack for Care of Magical Creatures. Kirin Hair is a powerful core, though it has a quiet, gentle nature, and is quite adept at defensive spells.”
--Joseph Masters, Wandmaker

Gentle and loyal -- these two entwined traits of the dual cores imbued in Bill's wand are a potent combination, making the long slip of wood eager to respond to its master and those whom he loves most. The Badger may not fully understand the depths of luck afforded to him by the gift of such a true companion in spellcasting, but treats the wand as well as he can out of respect impressed upon him for a workman's tools.

magic

Bill was the first to wield his wand, though it was not entirely brand new, having waited in a box for two long years after its initial crafting. The trip he took to meet it was the youngest Walker's first and only visit to the east coast of America, a special day trip just to find the tool he would carry for all his days as a member of Wizarding society. They say that the wand chooses the wizard, and this was certainly proven when the unevenly polished length of hawthorn leapt up to meet Bill's fingers before he'd barely cracked the lid on its dusty box.

Like for most, some forms of magic come more naturally to Bill than others may do. All spells need to be felt more than thought about, the burly young man sabotaging himself when he starts to anxiously overthink his incantations or second guess his intentions. Bill works best while under duress -- when the moment calls for the hero that he has always wanted to be.

Shields, spells of binding and bonding are those which the Badger performs best, while he struggles with the inverse. Hurting others feels as unnatural to Bill's wand as it does to him, and so his curses are never especially strong on the rare occasions that they're cast at all.

--------------------
user posted image
Here Duke! G'boy!

Workshop / Extra Info
PM
^
Bill Walker
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 02:32 AM
Bolt
6th
Halfblood
Hufflepuff
17 YEARS
1580 posts

Bill WalkerAdministrator

A WALKER CHRISTMAS
It never snows in Tucson

--------------------
user posted image
Here Duke! G'boy!

Workshop / Extra Info
PM
^
Bill Walker
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 04:06 AM
Bolt
6th
Halfblood
Hufflepuff
17 YEARS
1580 posts

Bill WalkerAdministrator

EDUCATION

school

previous schooling: Muggle Primary Schooling / Magical Education
school name: Johnson Elementary

• how long a student for: 6 years
  • age when started: 5
  • reason left: Received letter of invitation to study magic

school name: Skeleton Canyon Academy of Magic

• how long a student for: 4 years
  • age when started: 11
  • reason left: Emigrated to the UK under guardianship of his grandfather

current school: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
year: Sixth
house: Hufflepuff
  • secondary house: Gryffindor
  • tertiary house: Ravenclaw
  • fourthly house: Slytherin

sorting time: 47 seconds
fit in their house: Yes indeedy

classes

current subjects: Charms / DADA / Herbology / HoM / Potions / Apparition / CoMC
best subjects: CoMC / Herbology / DADA
worst subjects: HoM / Potions
favourite class: CoMC
least favourite class: Potions

how well they do in each area, 1-5: (1=terrible, 5=good)

• alchemy: 1
  • ancient mythology: 2
  • ancient runes: 1
  • arithmancy: 1
  • art: 3
  • astronomy: 4
  • charms: 4
  • care of magical creatures: 5
  • dark arts: 3
  • dada: 4
  • divination: 1
  • dueling: 3
  • healing: 2
  • herbology: 4
  • history of magic: 2
  • languages: 2
  • muggle studies: 5
  • magic theory: 2
  • transfiguration: 3
  • potions: 1
  • wandlore: 2

grades

owls:

• astronomy: A
  • charms: A
  • dada: E
  • herbology: E
  • hom: A
  • magic theory: P
  • potions: D
  • transfig: A
  • care of magical creatures: O
  • muggle studies: E
newts:
  • newt subject #1: Care of Magical Creatures
  • newt subject #2: Charms
  • newt subject #3: Herbology
  • newt subject #4: DADA

learning

learning method: Practical
learning: Bill is not a quick study, but can perform under pressure in most circumstances and improves with direct practice
logic: Fair
memory: Fair
reading + writing: Fair
reading speed: Slow
maths: Fair
work ethic: Diligent

experience

Bill tries to be a good student, doing his best to pay attention in class and practicing his spellwork diligently. However, the big Badger lacks a lot of confidence when it comes to his written work, and so his grades on homework assignments can suffer without direct guidance. While the atmosphere at Hogwarts was initially quite overwhelming, Bill has now adapted and finds the greater resources to be very valuable -- particularly when it comes to his studies in CoMC. He's managed to keep mostly out of trouble, but incidents do happen. So long as he can scrape through his NEWTs, then Bill will have little more to ask for.

--------------------
user posted image
Here Duke! G'boy!

Workshop / Extra Info
PM
^
Bill Walker
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 04:32 AM
Bolt
6th
Halfblood
Hufflepuff
17 YEARS
1580 posts

Bill WalkerAdministrator

Dear Santa,

A whole nother year huh. Hope the elves and the missus are all doing well. I tried to save come carrots for the reindeer but I think one of the House Elves must have snuck them back to the kitchens when they came in to clean. Sorry.

Okay, guess I should get to the point, huh. I've been giving it some thought and I think I would like a new pair of boots this year. I've been looking at my savings and should be able to manage it, but gifts for Ariel come first. Would be pretty damn nice to have a new laptop but it's not urgent. Can't use that stuff at school.

Ha, just cause I gotta -- I also want a pony. And a ball for Duke.

I know I'm getting too old for this. I'll stop soon. You remember my last letter though. I promised.

— Bill

--------------------
user posted image
Here Duke! G'boy!

Workshop / Extra Info
PM
^
Bill Walker
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 06:20 AM
Bolt
6th
Halfblood
Hufflepuff
17 YEARS
1580 posts

Bill WalkerAdministrator

BILL'S WARDROBE

Click for Bill's Styleset

School Wear: Bill is fairly diligent and attentive when it comes to wearing his school uniform, always making sure to remember his tie and for the most part keeping relatively neat and tidy. The sleeves of his shirt or sweater have a tendency to be rolled up and there's occasional dirt on the knees of his trousers, but for a boy enamored with the outdoors that can't always be helped.

Casual Wear: The vast majority of Bill's clothing is made up of jeans or trousers which can handle rough use, plain crew neck or v neck T-shirts that strain across his shoulders, and an almost embarrassing collection of plaid or checkered button ups. His gear is the sort of thing which you'd expect to see on the front of a trashy novel about ranchers, but Bill rarely seems quite so comfortable in anything else. Shorts are only pulled out for the hottest of days, and while the Badger does occasionally pull on a sweater when it's cold he tends to prefer just tugging on a jacket over his usual shirts.

Formal Wear: On those occasions where Bill has to fancy up his duds, the young man tends towards a more old fashioned style rather than modern cut suits. Most of the time Bill will eschew a jacket, simply pulling on a long sleeved shirt and a button up vest with a tie tucked in.

--------------------
user posted image
Here Duke! G'boy!

Workshop / Extra Info
PM
^
Bill Walker
 Posted: Apr 30 2017, 09:41 PM
Bolt
6th
Halfblood
Hufflepuff
17 YEARS
1580 posts

Bill WalkerAdministrator

WALKER CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS

With one notable recent exception, Bill's experiences of Christmas have been that of steadily bleeding traditions, of the magic and colour of Christmas time fading away a little further with each year. Earliest memories are those of family gatherings, of Christmas Eve spent at the externally-humble yet internally-grand home of his Stretton cousins while presents are exchanged and eggnog is consumed, of Christmas Day spent in mountains of coloured paper torn and strewn across the floor in a frenzy to reach presents gifted by grandparents and Santa Claus' all important visit. Gradually, the indulgence of grandparents and laughter around the dining table for Christmas lunch would fall away with the passing of those elder figures in his life, the visits to the Stretton house ending entirely with the loss of this link through his magically gifted grandmother.

Christmas day retained its significance another year, with Catherine Walker still preparing a feast for her husband and son to gorge upon at lunch and pick over straight through the evening. Santa Claus continued to visit, Bill's mother insisting that he write to the jolly figure to profess his goodness and request a present even as the boy got a little too old to believe in such things anymore. Then, this too fell away with the failing of Catherine's health, the last Christmas with her seeing the torn coloured paper scattered across a hospital bed rather than the living room floor.

One tradition remains for the youngest (and almost only) Walker; the letter to Santa. Bill has written this the last two years knowing that it will no longer be read and acted upon, and so acts upon it independently, writing down a gift he intends to buy himself. Trees, coloured lights, big lunches and the laughter over eggnog have all been left behind, but he hopes to bring it all back someday once school is done and he's found someplace to settle. Then, perhaps he'll stop writing.

--------------------
user posted image
Here Duke! G'boy!

Workshop / Extra Info
PM
^
Bill Walker
 Posted: May 17 2017, 06:10 PM
Bolt
6th
Halfblood
Hufflepuff
17 YEARS
1580 posts

Bill WalkerAdministrator

BILL'S ROOM

The Walker Household, Tucson Arizona

The first room at the top of the stairs is very blue; from the wallpaper, to the carpet, to the curtains and the sheets spread on the bed. The coverlet however, that's the real eye-catcher, or at least it was last time its owner saw it. Dusty brown with tumbleweeds and crossed six shooters, and setting the tone for much of the decor and other artefacts still left strewn about the room. It's no secret at all that the boy who grew up here -- that who likely outgrew some of the trappings before quitting it -- is an avid fan of the Wild West. A goodly portion of the books on the shelf are daring tales of cowboys and bandits, taking precedence over the little pile of comics and assorted other novels. It's the same story told with the shelf below where DVDs and old VCR cassettes are lined up. A toy gun belt, far too small for a growing young man in his mid-to-late teens, still hangs on the post of the bed frame. Or at least...it did, the last time its owner visited.

A heavy desk sits in the corner, half of its surface taken up by an old cathode television. The workspace, while having some scattered papers and pens tucked up against the back and threatening to fall between the wood of the desk and the papered wall, has been more used to being covered in chips and shavings of wood, discarded carvings, half built model kits and structures of coloured lego bricks. Sawdust could still be finely scattered across the surface, perhaps, though the master of the room can no longer be certain. It's been over a year since he left it.

THE WALKER HOUSEHOLD

Somewhere in Suburbia, Tucson Arizona

The rest of the Walker house is much less fanciful and far more ordinary and suburban than the first room on the upstairs landing. The living room at the front of the house is all floral prints covering comfortable chairs which each turn in their way towards the large television set on the wall. A track has been worn in the carpet just in front of the stereo. The kitchen and dining area are open plan, the widest expanse in the house, and the place which once held the most actual living. More chairs, this time turned towards the wide windows looking out on the arid expanse of back yard and the hardy plants well kept in the garden. There are two bathrooms, one downstairs, one up. A workroom has been squeezed behind the two car garage; it's empty now, though once saw more activity than the upstairs study.

Not much else remains beyond the upstairs bedrooms, master and spare besides the one for young William, and the cool concrete expanse of the basement. Few Arizona properties have this feature, and its existence is likely the only reasoning for the safety of the many crates and boxes which now fill more than half its floorspace. The remains of a life packed up and gathering dust, buried and forgotten.

GRANDAD'S COTTAGE

The Village of Northwold, Norfolk UNITED KINGDOM

Far and away from the modern and open house in Arizona, all big windows and light colours, George Walker's Northwold cottage is much more muted and plain. With cream plaster walls and thick carpeting on the floor that seems to absorb most sound, most days all that can be heard is the faint ticking of the tall clock in the hallway. All of the furniture is old, and none of it chosen for style; barely any article matches.

Upstairs holds two small bedrooms and an equally cramped bathroom in green tile which likely was not in fashion even when it was grouted in. Downstairs is little more than the hall, kitchen, dining, living area and laundry. The dominant piece of the whole house is a worn and musty fabric armchair which has long ago had its cushioning collapse into an almost-perfect mould of its primary occupant. The man no longer sits there. The garden outside has overgrown, a complete antithesis of the trim and dry beds back in Arizona, but just as unwelcoming.

--------------------
user posted image
Here Duke! G'boy!

Workshop / Extra Info
PM
^
Bill Walker
 Posted: May 17 2017, 07:42 PM
Bolt
6th
Halfblood
Hufflepuff
17 YEARS
1580 posts

Bill WalkerAdministrator

BILL'S CHRISTMAS MEMORY

The last truly great family Christmas that Bill can remember happened when he was still thirteen. His rarely seen maternal grandmother flew in to visit, and between the two older women of the family and the boy's industrious mother there had never been a bigger Christmas feast. At an age of constant growth, constant energy and almost constant annoyance, Bill had worked himself up into a frenzy of appetite, tearing up and down the front path on a brand new six speed bicycle which was big enough to not leave his knees stuck out at odd angles while pedalling. The living room was still a mess of coloured paper and ribbon, everyone having received something special. Bill had made carvings for Gran and Nanna, under the careful direction of Grandpa George of course. His mom skipped about the kitchen with her new earrings sparkling, and when she smiled James even smiled back.

Lunch and dinner practically blended together. Bill's father carved the turkey laid out in the centre of the dining table, but it was all the trimmings which Bill remembers most fondly. Gran's apple pie, Nanna Margie's world famous cheese potatoes. Catherine had purchased a whole leg of ham and seen it sliced for George and Bill, and also took care to see a healthy helping of roast vegetables on both their plates. The stereo played upbeat covers of carols all day. George grumbled about the silly beats, and Nanna laughed. Catherine took her glass of wine to her spot in front of the speakers, her skirt flaring as she spun and stepped. For one song, James even joined her.

Perhaps in reality it was no different, no greater than any other Christmas that came before. Yet, knowing what he knows now, Bill can see all the threads were still so tightly tied together, and so very close to being unravelled. By the next time a tree was decorated both of the young man's grandmothers would be gone, and his grandfather would simply be a kindly voice at the other end of a telephone. There would be no tree at all the following year, tinsel and decorations instead draped around a sickbed for some cheer. He misses the tree, and he misses the food, but it's the voices that Bill misses most of all.

--------------------
user posted image
Here Duke! G'boy!

Workshop / Extra Info
PM
^
Bill Walker
 Posted: May 17 2017, 10:49 PM
Bolt
6th
Halfblood
Hufflepuff
17 YEARS
1580 posts

Bill WalkerAdministrator

THE WALKER FAMILY
George Walker
Margaret Walker
Arnold Maine
Diane Maine

James Walker
Catherine Walker

William Walker

--------------------
user posted image
Here Duke! G'boy!

Workshop / Extra Info
PM
^
Bill Walker
 Posted: May 18 2017, 01:20 AM
Bolt
6th
Halfblood
Hufflepuff
17 YEARS
1580 posts

Bill WalkerAdministrator

NEW YEARS
A Real New Beginning

--------------------
user posted image
Here Duke! G'boy!

Workshop / Extra Info
PM
^
Bill Walker
 Posted: May 18 2017, 01:47 AM
Bolt
6th
Halfblood
Hufflepuff
17 YEARS
1580 posts

Bill WalkerAdministrator

RESOLUTIONS

STUDY!
Better grades make for better NEWTS
Better NEWTS mean a job and a way to stay

SPEND MORE TIME WITH ARIEL!
Make the most of school free time

--------------------
user posted image
Here Duke! G'boy!

Workshop / Extra Info
PM
^
Bill Walker
 Posted: May 18 2017, 03:09 AM
Bolt
6th
Halfblood
Hufflepuff
17 YEARS
1580 posts

Bill WalkerAdministrator

walkerwalking182

86 posts
637 followers
50 following
BILL WALKER
uhh i'll put something here later www.instagram.com/walkerwalking182?hl=en

--------------------
user posted image
Here Duke! G'boy!

Workshop / Extra Info
PM
^
Bill Walker
 Posted: May 18 2017, 06:51 AM
Bolt
6th
Halfblood
Hufflepuff
17 YEARS
1580 posts

Bill WalkerAdministrator

BILL'S PERFECT DATE
The first date ever. Hopefully the first of many.

--------------------
user posted image
Here Duke! G'boy!

Workshop / Extra Info
PM
^
Bill Walker
 Posted: May 18 2017, 10:38 PM
Bolt
6th
Halfblood
Hufflepuff
17 YEARS
1580 posts

Bill WalkerAdministrator

BILL'S SHELF
A boy left back home.

--------------------
user posted image
Here Duke! G'boy!

Workshop / Extra Info
PM
^
Bill Walker
 Posted: May 19 2017, 01:37 AM
Bolt
6th
Halfblood
Hufflepuff
17 YEARS
1580 posts

Bill WalkerAdministrator

NEW VEGAS
"There were many people who walked the long trails from the Republic of the West Coast through to the Mojave and beyond into the realms of Caesar or the Brotherhood of Steel beyond that. There were many who walked, but there was only one Walker."

--------------------
user posted image
Here Duke! G'boy!

Workshop / Extra Info
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png War Is Brewing Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8
The Beginning Sunset To Sunrise Avalon a Panfandom RP Storybrooke

Welcome to WR! We are an alternate universe HP roleplay set in the present day Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The current term is Spring 2017! Please register with a FIRST AND LAST NAME properly capitalised.