toggle sidebar members links staff spotlights Guest Inbox () Alerts ()

Add Reply
New Poll

Somebody's unholy hoax
John Paul Barnett
 Posted: Jan 11 2017, 01:26 PM
Kay
Wee Student Beastie
5th
🤓
Ravenclaw
Rep: 0 pts
Awards: None

// somebody's unholy hoax john paul barnett 16 / 5th year muggleborn (?)
Hello all! This is JP and he's my first child on the site. Here are a few bullet points about him because bullets make everything neater and longer.
  • He was abandoned at birth and raised by a muggle pastor and his wife.

• His magic manifested in a pretty violent way and he ended up breaking one of his adopted brothers' legs. Oops.

• His parents thought he was cursed by the devil and hid him from Hogwarts for a while, hence why he's a year behind.

• Has some issues with anxiety, but tends to come across as standoffish and solemn because that's how he copes.

• Is really bright, especially in Potions, Magical Theory and (surprisingly) Duelling, but lacks the confidence to stand out in class.

• Actually he lacks the confidence to do a lot of things.

• John Paul doesn't usually talk to anyone unless they speak to him first, and even then tends to be looking for an exit.

• Understands books better than most people.

• He's pretty sure that he's gay but is still deeply in the closet because his parents are only just starting to accept the wizard thing.
To tell you the truth I don't really have anything particular in mind for JP yet. Friends would be great, a future love interest would be nice, but I'm up for anything and everything.
BY MITZI
PM
^
Ellington Demere
 Posted: Jan 11 2017, 01:58 PM
T.J.
If I'm the river, you're the wind around me
6th
Undecided
Gryffindor
Rep: 5 pts
Awards: 11

@John Paul Barnett HELLO HELLO, I AM TJ.
And boy do I have some things for you.
too many things

Okay so for friendship I immediately want to throw Ellington Demere at you, because this guy is... Wow, overly friendly. He's from the states (Georgia to be exact) and is obsessively obsessed (damn right I made that a thing) with all things cheese. He's never met a person that he can't have a conversation with, and for better of for worse he sees the best in everyone. He plays Quidditch some, while not the best there ever was, and he's in... I guess decent enough shape? Despite eating all of that cheese. I really feel like he would try and get JP to break loose from his shell, if for no other purpose then he just genuinely doesn't see the need to walk through life worrying about things. Now, Ellington isn't perfect (or not as perfect as he thinks) but he generally leads a pretty happy life. He would constantly try and make sure JP was smiling, and if not he would probably... Throw cheese at him? That's about as violent as he gets.

For a future love interest, I have Gemini Castor, my latest babe, and probably the most all over the place. He's a twin (and therefore a walking pun), has inferiority issues, and on top of that is crippled by a love for boys. He doesn't study as much as he should, but most of that is attributed to the fact that his twin (Cerulean, an NPC at this point) is already better at everything. He's a walking ball of bitter that can't stand to be lectured or reminded he even has a twin, so there's probably some part of him that would clash with JP. But that's why I love it. He's a party animal, loudmouth type, and... Yeah I mean there's a lot more reasons to not like him than to actually like him. He's also the kind to openly fllirt??? So if he saw JP somewhere and liked what he saw, he would probably attack him with flirty, witty comments about how fiiiiiiine he is. It's not his best quality.

I have more kids that I want to throw at you (Beauregard Fontaine, Landers Kleising, and Vasilisa Chkalova) because they are in his house, but for now I'll keep it short UNLESS you want me to throw more things at you. I'm kind of a mess and this is a terrible way of introducing myself, but you will find sooner rather than later that I am always a mess. But yes; welcome to WURR! We are excited to have you!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Timothy Wilde
 Posted: Jan 11 2017, 02:09 PM
Tine
I'll be your detonator
5th
AEGIS
Ravenclaw Beginner
Rep: 3 pts
Awards: 6

Hello I have 17 active children on this site and I am called Tine by the way, wow priorities right here... and I want to throw Timothy Wilde at JP. First of all they are dorm mates and second Timmy is a halfblood and s u p e r excited about life in general. He has little concept of personal space and a toad named Lucille, he feeds everyone around him with sweets (MILKY WAYS AND MARS BARS) and I feel like he would just try and break though JP's walls without even noticing, because he wants to be everyone's friend?

If you want to know of my other kids....you can skype me or pm my main account, Erik Dwight <3

--------------------
user posted image
Lucille by Bolt <3
Workshop // Tracker
PM
^
Nellie Miller
 Posted: Jan 11 2017, 02:13 PM
Lyx
Hufflepuff
Awards: 2

HELLO FRIENDERINO I'M LYX AND I HAVE LIKE 30 CHARACTERS BUT I'M HERE TO OFFER YOU ONE

This is Nell/Nellie (or Ivy Cornelia Miller, but she much prefers Nell)

She was raised in a very staunchly religious household and some shady stuff happened to her older brother Walter because of his parents' fear about him being possessed or something, so Nell was careful to hide her magic or else it got blamed on Walter. Now, as a first year at Hogwarts, with a brother who's been there for six years, she's struggling to find her place as a young witch while also keeping hold of her faith. She's also starting to notice that she likes girls too, but that's a trouble for another day in her opinion. i don't know that you could actually use a first year, BUT i can promise that nellie will definitely always have a smile for JP and will do her best to let him know that she welcomes his presence, even if he's just being quiet and standoffish.
PM
^
John Paul Barnett
 Posted: Jan 11 2017, 04:18 PM
Kay
Wee Student Beastie
5th
🤓
Ravenclaw

@TJ: Ahh, both of your kids sound great! I agree with Ellington, everyone should be obsessed with cheese. He's so unusual, at least by JP's standards, that I can definitely see Ellington wearing him down. If nothing else he'd smile at the sheer ridiculousness of being pelted with cheese, but at least he'd be smiling. Gemini is an interesting one! Outwardly he's everything that JP simultaneously resents and is attracted to. I love it too. JP would have a stroke if he was flirted with by a bloke so openly, so… let's make it happen.

@Tine: I'm feeling a major character foil-age here and that's actually one of my favourite things to write! JP doesn't really know how to deal with people who are just sunshine and rainbows all the time; they're practically aliens to him. I think he'd resist Timmy's attempts to befriend him on principle, but being in such close proximity to each other I feel like he could also wear JP down.

@Lyx: Ah, so. many. parallels! Normally I would say that JP doesn't really have the temperament to deal with the young'uns without scarring them, but I think he'd make an exception for Nellie. I mean… he can relate on a very spiritual level to what she's going through. It would probably still be difficult for him to strike up a conversation (because he's a lame) but he'd be less cold.
PM
^
Ellington Demere
 Posted: Jan 11 2017, 05:32 PM
T.J.
If I'm the river, you're the wind around me
6th
Undecided
Gryffindor
Rep: 5 pts
Awards: 11

@John Paul Barnett Listen-- cheese is pretty much the only thing that I love, other than myself, so... Wait, that's shallow. NEVERMIND. Pretend I said nothing. This is about Ellington/JP. Ellington is really sorry that he's so much to handle, but the good thing about all of that is that he will ALWAYS be too much to handle. JP (might) hate him for that, but Ellington is just too goofy to care. I really see him as trying to break down JP's walls, to really get to meat of his emotions, so again I'm going to apologize for him. He just wants to be a good friend! But to go back to Gemini... JP is definitely his type. So much so, that the first time he saw JP I imagine that he decided to hit on him, if not right then then definitely the next time he saw him. He's really just... The type of guy that would rather make JP squirm for the sheer enjoyment of it, while also (maybe!) secretly wanting to kiss him. It's a disaster BUT the best disaster.

If you use Skype, I have that and I also have google hangouts if you want to plot further!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
John Paul Barnett
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 10:35 AM
Kay
Wee Student Beastie
5th
🤓
Ravenclaw

@TJ: I do the Skype thing! I'm punkwarpup@outlook.com
PM
^
Preben Nilsson
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 11:08 AM
Damneh
You'll be the laughter and I'll be the joke
Seventh
Gryffindor Novice
Rep: 19 pts
Awards: 17

-raises hand- pick me pick me!!

I'm Sammeh and I am gonna shove Preben your way!!

His family is a big deal, they are into being/beast trafficing to make wand cores. It's a nasty business but someone's gotta do it! He was supposed to take over, got an arranged marriage; basically he was the family's golden boy. That all kinda went down the drain when he transferred from Durmstrang and found out muggleborns weren't too bad. The boy is known for his quidditch skills, and he's a duelling club captain :DD

All in all Preben is an overly excited puppy in the body of a 6'4 giant. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, but lots of energy, heaps of strong feelings all barely contained to make up for it. Especially when it comes to attention, he does everything for it. Everyone knows he dated quite a lot of girls and guys, just bc of the fact that he cannot say no to affection. How can anyone say no to kisses. Still a pureblood brat sometimes though, especially when it comes to opinions on creatures, and about acting like a child when he doesn't get what he wants. Generally he's a big ball of fluff tho, I promise!! <33

In short, he would dump himself next to JP and talk his ears off in simplistic English. Or do it in the middle of duelling practise, bc why the heck not??

I rambled, I'm so sorry

--------------------

PREBEN

NILSSON
BEATER

PM
^
Timothy Wilde
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 11:49 AM
Tine
I'll be your detonator
5th
AEGIS
Ravenclaw Beginner
Awards: 6

Timmy would just sit on JP's bed and babble happily to him without even expecting an answer. It would be fun bc he is so fucking oblivious biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Lucille by Bolt <3
Workshop // Tracker
PM
^
Johanna Corduroy
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 12:49 PM
Robin
A crap magician and an even worse person
Sixth
n/a
Slytherin
Rep: 2 pts
Awards: 7

Hello Hello welcome to wurr! I'm Robin and I currently have 5 disasters on this site and I guess one of these days I should really make a plotter again

While reading your summary of John, one thing really jumped out to me-

Johanna Corduroy is also a muggleborn with very religious relatives - In her case her overly Catholic aunt that she lived with, and who only stomached a witch in the family for so long until finally kicking the teenager out last year - after finally admitting that she blames Johanna for the fire that Jo's mother died in (and in the middle of the night, so does Jo). On top of that, Johanna is also bisexual, and a muggleborn in Slytherin - so it's not like her trouble ended at Hogwarts.

Now she's a cynical sixth year who deals with everything with apathy. Hey, if you stop caring, nothing can hurt you anymore! She's self-preserving and mostly shameless, also rude - pushing people away pre-emptively by just generally being unpleasant. So yeah Jo's somewhat of a loner, not bc she's bad at making friends but bc she's bad at keeping them.

So ye I think they could be fun? Maybe they could get thrown into something together completely by accident, and they just have to stomach each other like a classic snarky Odd Couple duo, while ultimately kinda discovering that they have some things in common? Idk if this interests you xD

My other characters are:
Kiana van der Decken - a rash and brawny 6th year muggleborn Gryffindor who'd rather follow in her ancestors' footsteps and become a sailor than spending time at a magic school.

Gretchen Kirke-Faust - a paranoid, scheming 5th year Ravenclaw who holds herself to ridiculous standards and is slowly falling apart bc she isn't perfectly in control of everything like she wants to be.

Armin Adler - An overly-anxious, muggle-raised 6th year Hufflepuff, who dresses like a hipster but has the social skills of a huge nerd. He's vegan, gay, and a nervous wreck.

Mathilde De Clercq - an overly social, fierce, talkative, 5th year muggleborn Gryffindor who's known for selling home-made pastries in the common rooms and mothering everyone she meets.

I'll let myself out now, but anyway welcoooome and hit me up if you're interested in plotting =3 I'm gwen7vds on Skype

--------------------
PM
^
Felipe Silva
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 04:27 PM
Jacee
Sixth
Slytherin
Rep: 1 pts

I can offer up my darling Felipe. He's a pretty smart guy too, but pretty competitive. They can be friends (and Felipe might secretly be jealous of John Paul's smartness) or John Paul could be the victim of one of Felipe's one-sided rivalries.

Also, welcome to wurr!
PM
^
Serenity Gong
 Posted: Jan 12 2017, 08:50 PM
Qi
you've seen me lose all the water from my hands
5th
Viridian Guild
Smoosh Brigade
Rep: 27 pts
Awards: 26

alright so i'm qi and i have a lot of kids but i'm going to give you one of them.

serenity is also a 5th year ravenclaw, pureblood, etc. from one glance you can tell that she was born and bred a lady. she's very courteous and polite when she needs to be, and knows etiquette like the back of her hand. her actual personality is kind of abrasive though, as she also understands books better than people, and is very cold toward everyone. most of what she says is limited to sarcastic quips. like john paul though, she has a bit of anxiety (actually, she's terrified of people and that's why she's so closed off) about interpersonal relationships, and is very content to be a thorough misanthropist. most of her friends are gay boys in ravenclaw and slytherin anyway, so i have a feeling that they could get along pretty well.

if jp thinks his manifestation of magic was bad trust me serenity did something MUCH worse

HEY IF YOU HAVE SKYPE HIT ME UP @NIGHTSCAPTURE

--------------------
serenity gong -
PMEmail
^
Sheridan Balsa
 Posted: Jan 15 2017, 12:34 AM
Becca
I AIN'T SORRY
Undecided
Hufflepuff
Awards: 5

WHAT A CUTE POTATO????

I have a Cleo who is a fifth year Gryffindor baby who loves everyone to pieces and just wants to be your friend. She gets into a lot of trouble because she's w i l d but bakes cookies all the time and is filled to the brim with confidence and sunshine and I just think they'd be really fun to try to make friends because they are polar freaking opposites.

Also have a Sheridan (4th year Hufflepuff) whose mom kicked her out to live with Sumner Bettencourt (7th year Ravencalw) and his family because she was terrified of her magic when they got the Hogwarts letter and she hasn't seen her family since. He and Sheridan are also VERY DIFFERENT PEOPLE and so I think they'd have a sort of weird strained relationship? She just likes to eat and do nothing and thinks she's bad at being a witch and randomly slips into speaking Portuguese and stuff so uuhhhh have fun, smile.gif

--------------------
HUFFLEPUFF
{ wear }

user posted image

user posted image
thx bolt for felipe!
PM
^
Mcaylah Rogers
 Posted: Jan 15 2017, 03:45 AM
Lani
Wee Student Beastie
4th
Gryffindor

@John Paul Barnett

Heeellu. I got Mcaylah for you. Just like JP, she had no parents around. Her mom got sick and after slowly fading away, she died. Her dad decided to just walk out one day, so there's that too. But instead of hiding it by being solemn, Like JP, she covers it up by mustering up a larger than life attitude. She's the kind of girl that's RIGHT in your face, so if JP has no courage to talk to people/introduce himself, that's no problem at all. Mcaylah is definitely up for that task. She totally sucks at Potions, and it's possibly that he's hard of the girl who's an expert of blowing up stuff in class. She could need some help in that department! Meanwhile, she's more than happy dragging JP out on adventures.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum animation personified potterverse We Are Royal; an au hp rpg Last Resort Forum Roleplay Site Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png War Is Brewing Muses Mayhem Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits beauxbatons academy
this badass skin was made by mayo! header was made by lily! everything else is (c) to our members! contents for wr use only!