Wizarding Realm -> Character OTM Interview (Eudora Spitznogle)
Staff
House points
Gryffindor
Hufflepuff
Ravenclaw
Slytherin
Head Students
Prefects
of the months

Add Reply
New Poll

Character OTM Interview (Eudora Spitznogle)
Phoenix Lin
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 12:36 PM

"the one which remains must be the truth"

YEAR:
5th
HOUSE:
Ravenclaw
CLASH:
🔍
HEIGHT:
6' 0¾"
Muggleborn
Rep: 4 pts [ + | - ]

Phoenix Lin
© Jynx // She
Awards: 12

Most of our members typically write as student characters. Is there a reason why you chose to have your main as a professor character?

I've always been quite the old soul, so I have never really identified as much with the angsty teen years you think of when you think of Harry Potter. As a consequence, I don't play youngsters very well. I identify much more closely with Eudora than I did Adrienne when I first started and she naturally became my main character.

What is it like to write Eudora? Are there any specific themes and motifs you incorporate into your posts?

Well, like I said, I identify very closely with Eudora. I was raised by a group of incredibly strong women, including my grandmother, (who I incidentally draw a lot of inspiration from) so when I write Eudora it feels like I'm hanging out with a dear friend I have known my whole life.

As far as what sort of themes you might see recurring in my posts, other than the ghosts she is by far the oldest resident of Hogwarts and she takes her senior role very seriously. She is very protective of the students and the school and strives to push everyone to be their best self. I also try to add some humor to all of my posts, because I love making people smile.

Where did inspiration for Eudora come from?

Oh jeez, Eudora is inspired by so many iconic women that I'm sure a lot of people will recognize: Myrtle Snow from American Horror Story, Miranda Priestly from Devil Wears Prada, Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter, Coco Chanel, and Olenna Tyrell from Game of Thrones, to name a few. She is a grand amalgam of sassy old ladies.

What are a few of Eudora’s most significant relationships? For example; best friend? Best enemy?

I would have to say her most significant relationship right now is with her nephew, Ezra Spitznogle (played by the fabulous Jynx for anyone unfamiliar.) We created Ezra a few weeks ago and he's become a really wonderful and well rounded character, but his relationship with Eudora is very strained. I mean, how embarrassing would it be to attend the school where your Aunt is not only a teacher, but a head of house? Yikes. Oh and his parents died >.>

Also, while I wouldn't call them her enemies there are two students in particular who have managed to cross the old snake. Elias Deveaux and Theodora Koenig, incidentally both members of her house, have both got her hopping mad recently.

What was Eudora’s best subject when she was still in school?

Eudora was always very magically gifted, there were few subject she didn't excel in, but her favorite by far was obviously Potions. She has a deep appreciation for the subtle and methodical art of brewing and takes her subject very seriously.

How does Eudora occupy her free time?

Besides stalking the halls looking for a good opportunity to say something sassy? On a typical day, you'll find Eudora harvesting ingredients or brewing potions in the dungeons, though lately you might also find her hunched over some books obsessing over her new secret project!

What are three of her favorite things to do for fun?

Knitting, brewing potions, and I think the third one is a close tie between drinking and reading fashion magazines.

What are three of her least favorite things to do in general?

Grading papers, camping, and mucking out the cauldrons.

Does she own a pet? If so, what is it, and how would you describe her relationship with it?

Yes, Eudora has a great grey owl named Prudence. Great grey owls are very long-lived birds, especially in captivity, and Eudora has had Prudence for almost 20 years now. In the few role plays where Prudence has featured, it is clear that she is very clever and has a keen sense of what her mistress is feeling. She often acts accordingly.

What is her favorite food? Favorite movie? Favorite book?

For food, Eudora loves a good cornish pasty, especially with some sauce on the side. In terms of movies, she really only watches movies when she visits her brothers for the holidays, so it would probably be a christmas movie (though if she'd seen it she would have loved Devil Wears Prada.) Finally, her favorite book is definitely Tales of Beedle the Bard.

What's a cool thread Eudora is/was currently involved in?

New Arrival - In this thread, Eudora meets her nephew at the Hogsmeade train station. It is currently the longest thread I've been involved in and I loved every minute of it! It really sheds some light on how Eudora deals with tragedy and her relatives. It also presents her with the new challenge of being a parental figure for the first time.

Colder Than This Home - Though we haven't gotten very far here, I am really looking forward to the direction this thread is being taken in. I am a massive fan of the clash plot and this gave me the opportunity to offer a glimpse into Eudora's new role as Headmistress of Hogwarts. I also adore Robin.

Aside from these two, I really love all of the threads I throw Eudora into and I'm always looking for new opportunities.

Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about her?
    I would just like to say that I am incredibly happy that so many people have responded so positively to Eudora. I love her dearly and I hope to continue to have the opportunity to entertain everyone with her antics going forward. XOXO

--------------------
user posted image

Phoenix Lin
Consulting Detective
Send Inquiries to Lifen Huang

user posted image

Credits to myself and Nicole from CTTW

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinity Rising Wolf Out jcink forum Last Resort Shadowplay Lochland Grove OOTA  photo hr_banneri2014_zpsclfhj2jt.png Avalon a Panfandom RP Kousei, an island paradise for the natural and supernatural awaits Code 8 The Beginning A Change of Heart Storybrooke War Is Brewing Forum Roleplay Site A BRILLIANT MAGIC Ascension Of Darkness DW

AUTUMN 2017
Welcome to Wizarding Realm! We are an alternate universe Harry Potter site set in the present day at Hogwarts. All of our lovely students are back from their summer terms refreshed and (hopefully) ready to buckle down for classes. Join us! :D Please Register using Proper Case!!
BE A LIGHT TO EACH OTHER ♥