izarding
izarding
Realm
Realm
It's summertime in Scotland; the weather has begun to clear, and the flowers are in full bloom! Now is a time for bonfires, stargazing and long nights spent with friends and family! Welcome to Wizarding Realm- an AU Harry Potter role play set in current day hogwarts!
WR
Forum Rules ATTN:

If you are interested in participating in the Ranking System, please follow THIS format for your workshop profile.

Add Reply
New Poll

Incentives
Staff · 💕 · 💕 · 💕 · 💕 · 💕
Headmistress
Awards:
Awards: None
Mar 9 2016, 08:53 PM   Link Quote

incentives

Aside from getting awesome advice on how to improve your writing, we also offer some great rewards for each rank! Each rank has some new bonuses in addition to all the rewards of the previous ranks you've obtained.

unranked

- the basic board
- PM storage of 100 messages

beginner

+ the pensieve forum
+ special character type: ghost
+ PM storage of 200 messages

novice

+ special requests and special request items (see this thread for more info)
+ special character type: clash-only character
+ PM storage of 300 messages

intermediate

+ EITHER a special character type (SCT) OR a special request character (SRC)

• SRC is only available when your character didn't get a special request of their own

+ PM storage of 400 messages

advanced

+ interim member of the review team; may write suggested review
+ create your own sub-forum!
+ EITHER a special character type (SCT) OR a special request character (SRC)

• if you chose one at intermediate, you may only choose the other for advanced

+ PM storage of 500 messages

elite

+ join the review team!
+ unlimited access to the mirror of erised
+ PM storage of 600 messages

--------------------
do not message this account.
Staff · 💕 · 💕 · 💕 · 💕 · 💕
Headmistress
Awards:
Awards: None
Mar 9 2016, 08:54 PM   Link Quote

incentives faqs

How do I apply for a special ability / special item?

For all abilities, please view this topic. The second post explains the abilities you can choose from, and the third post contains the justification forms for each. You'll need those forms when you apply, so please be sure to grab them and add them to your rank-up application.

The same process is used for special items (like an Invisibility Cloak), though we do not have official forms to fill out for them. Instead, you'll just use the justification spot that is already within the application for Novice. In that space, please tell reviewers why your character should have the item you're requesting, as well as give us insight into what you plan to do with the item, and any and all ways that you believe this item would benefit the development of your character.

Can I apply for a special request after Novice?

Yes! If after Novice you realize you'd like a special request, you can apply for it in your next rank up application. You'll still need to use the justification forms to apply, however.

I'm interested in getting a Special Request Character / Special Character Type, but what does admin discretion mean?

If you would like to make a Special Character Type, this does not apply! You can make one of these characters any time after you have achieved the rank requirement. If you would like a special request for this Special Character Type, however, PM an admin with the appropriate Special Request form!

If you would like to obtain a Special Request Character, you must meet the requirements for normal character creation, found here!

What types of characters can I make for my Special Character Type??

There are two main types of SCTs: Hogsmeade Residents and Beasts/Creatures. These types of characters should not be students at Hogwarts, although Beasts/Creatures are permitted to live on school grounds, provided their presence makes sense. Within these two categories, the sky is the limit! If you're not sure if a character idea will fall under this category, please do feel free to check with an administrator!

Cool! How do I apply for one of these special characters?

When you go up for Intermediate, please indicate if you would like a Special Character Type, or a Special Request Character. Remember that you can only pick one at Intermediate. You may request the other reward at the next rank, Advanced.

If you are requesting a Special Character Type, please tell us specifically what your character is. For example, if they are a full giant, full veela, etc., or if they are a Hogsmeade Resident. After you have been approved for Intermediate, please PM an admin for official confirmation and permission with this information.

If you are requesting a Special Request Character, please tell us the intended ability for this (yet to be created) character, whether their request is learned or innate, and fill out the formal justification code for it. If there are no issues with the ability, and you are approved, PM an admin with the character creation form for, again, proper permission.

We now allow multiple special request characters and special character types to be made. To obtain a second, third, or nth SCT, you must have the corresponding number of characters at the qualifying rank.

Just to be sure, the only way I can use the special request character reward is if the character I'm ranking does not have a special ability/item request of their own?

Yes! This reward was specifically tailored to those characters who do not have special requests at Novice, or any other rank.

Okay, so let's say I use the special request character option via Character A's rank-up to Intermediate. What if, at Advanced or Elite, I decide I wanted Character A to have a special ability or item? Is there any way to get this?

Yes. In order to get that special ability/item for Character A, you'll need to rank the character you made via that reward to Novice to request Character A's ability. That sounds a bit awkward, so let's do an example:

I have Joe Bob who does not have a special request. I ranked Joe Bob to Intermediate, and I created Lillian Henrys, a Seer. After some consideration, I actually would like Joe Bob to be an animagus. The way to get this ability for Joe is through ranking Lillian up to Novice, where I will fill out the Animagus form under her justification, for Joe. As long as it is approved, then hoorah! Joe will be an animagus!

Do I need to rank one character to Intermediate, then Advanced, in order to get a Special Request Character or Special Character Type? Or, can I get TWO other characters to Intermediate?

You may have ONE Special Request Character or Special Character Type PER character once you reach the qualifying ranks! So you can have two Intermediate characters and request two SRCs or two SCTs, etc., but you cannot have one Advanced character and have two SRCs or two SCTs.

Hey! I'm an old member who has a character at Intermediate or higher. Can I make use of the special character type or special request character?

Yes, you may! Just make sure you meet the character creation guidelines. For a special character type, please use the form here to formally request a new character to an admin. Please also indicate if this character will be a beast, magical creature, or resident of Hogsmeade.

For the special request character option, please PM the official form for the ability you want your new character to have, to an admin. Please ensure you give us as much info as you can on each question in the form. If we approve you, please then send us the character creation form, which is again found here. If you meet those guidelines, we will approve you for this new character!

---

Still have questions? Feel free to PM a staffer for further help!

--------------------
do not message this account.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

ADMIN MOD