izarding
izarding
Realm
Realm
It's summertime in Scotland; the weather has begun to clear, and the flowers are in full bloom! Now is a time for bonfires, stargazing and long nights spent with friends and family! Welcome to Wizarding Realm- an AU Harry Potter role play set in current day hogwarts!
WR

Add Reply
New Poll

Summer 2018 Skin!, Report your bugs here
Exh · 16 · 6th · None yet · pureblood · 5"5
Smoosh Brigade
Awards:
Awards: 25

Jun 1 2018, 04:30 AM   Link Quote
SPRING SKIN

Oh my... I can't believe it's already summer!

As you can see, WURR has had a bit of a facelift! This time, we've gone for something a little lighter and brighter to match the season. There haven't been too many major changes to the layout this term, so the skin 'announcements' are going to be pretty short, sharp and shiny!

If, for some reason, your skin hasn't automatically swapped over to the new summer skin- you can find it in the dropdown menu (on the bottom left of the board) under 'Summer 2018 - Greener Pastures'. You will also find a whole host of other beautiful skins there if this one isn't quite to your taste.

As always, feel free to use this thread to report any bugs/issues you may have with the new skin and/or leave me some feedback! You're more than welcome to comment on aesthetic/general skin preferences- but please do keep in mind that (as hard as I might try) I can't please everyone. Some things are out of my control, even as a coder.

I'll be back to posting a second, larger/more accessible version of the skin this term! Keep your eyes on the announcement thread in the coming weeks for updates on that <3

Now... onto the fun stuff:

NEW ADDITIONS / FAQ

Critters! Member Group Icons: Have you noticed the adorable member group icons yet? Personally, they're my favourite new addition to the mini profile. If you notice that your icon does not match your characters member group however, please drop me a line! These icons have all been hand coded into the css... and as a result, there is every chance that I have accidentally missed a member group or two. I simply haven't had time to check every group individually, so your cooperation would be very much appreciated!

Birthdays: The birthday section of the board statistics is back! Never again will we miss out on another member's special day. A quick reminder, if you haven't filled out the birthday section in your control panel- you absolutely should! We throw some pretty gnarly birthday parties in the party room.

FIXES

None yet

TO BE ADDRESSED

None yet

KNOWN 'ISSUES'

Toggle Sidebar: Those of you who have been on WURR for a while may remember this issue being addressed in the past but, when the cbox/sidebar is toggled closed, you may notice it briefly 'opening' as you change pages. This is not a skin bug, it has to do with the way browsers read cookies. Please also note that the toggle sidebar will not remember its 'open/closed' state unless you have cookies enabled on WURR. If this is something that bothers you, I recommend keeping the sidebar in an open state.

--------------------
I Can't Escape
the way that I don't fit in with any of this

user posted imageuser posted image

Avatars by the wonderful Evan <3

Robin · 15 · 5th Year · Viridian Guild Leader · Pureblood · 5'
Administrator
Awards:
Awards: 92

Jun 1 2018, 12:31 PM   Link Quote
Omggg Exh... this skin is so pretty... the member group icons are amazing... and the member group colours pop so brightly??? So pretty??? Gorgeous. I'm in awe.
I'm not gonna be able to say goodbye to this skin, you spoil us

I haven't really seen a bug yet (woo!), but I did want to ask if maybe the "Extra Info" and "Etc" links could return? Or do they not fit? (idk I'm not a coder I trust your judgement xD)

Oh, maybe we can change the link "Prefect Term Event" (in the banner) to just "Site Events" and make it go to the event category? Since there isn't a prefect event yet it gives an error message atm ^^

Ifff I see an actual bug I'll let you know xD But thanks so much for this wonderful skin, and for the cute little icons you picked out for every member group ;-;

EDIT: When I logged out I saw this. I don't know if it was a one-time thing but it didn't go away for the time I was logged out at least:

https://i.imgur.com/kK64307.png

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
Leo Benjamin · 17 · 7 · · Muggleborn · 175 cm (5'7")
Hufflepuff
Awards:
Awards: None
Jun 3 2018, 08:18 AM   Link Quote
Bug report: Where has the CBox gone? Screenshot

** Exh Edit: I have sent you a PM regarding this issue smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
(30th of May, 2018)

OOC: Leo Benjamin / I fall off the face of the earth a lot.
Ani · 16 · 6th · N/A · Pureblood · 5'4"
Gryffindor Prefect
Awards:
Awards: 13

Jun 3 2018, 03:51 PM   Link Quote
The thread tracker button does not seem to be working on my characters' bar. I went and checked my profile, and the link was correct for the tracker. Just in case, I edited it again. It continues to show my user profile instead of the thread tracker. This has been happening on both Nessa and Laoise.

Sorry if this is just an Ani error rather than a skin one.

--------------------

Adopt one today!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

ADMIN MOD